Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I admit at first, I said this looked evil. Maybe it was fear. As someone else said, he had to be a bit shocked by all the TV camera's. I mean this is a boy who is used to dirt roads still. Hard to really tell since we never knew his demanor before. Oh how I wish we could go back in time for a week. I know people of all ages are killed everyday but this couple has stolen my heart and so many others around the world. I saw someone on FB say they were now the word's grandparent's.

I honestly saw no fear.........no fear at all.

His hand didn't even shake when he signed the document. He was as calm as if he was signing papers to get a new car.

His look and entire demeanor was chilling.

Hi there sweet friend. How are you doing? Well I hope.:)

Now you know no one is going to assault you. :D

I respect your opinion totally and all others who may disagree with me. Always have and always will.

But I do respectfully think you are wrong and the evidence is going to show that only Towns is involved.

He didn't have to have any help to do this. I just don't believe it had anything to do with a drug dealer.

Now Towns himself may have been a drug user and wanted cash for a quick fix.

But we will see if anyone else is arrested along with Towns. I really got no indication from the Sheriff that he even thinks there is another suspect out there. I think he knows a lot already about what happened.

LOL! But its not the first case here where others were sure someone else was involved and I am sure it wont be the last.

IMO

Hi oceanblueeyes! :loveyou:

If there is ever a case where we totally agree on everything, Websleuths might have to shut down for the day :drumroll:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I totally agree that one man could do this crime.
I'm just not sure if one man did.....

Could it be his demeaner that makes him see less threatening possibly that gives you those thoughts? Just wonder and maybe that's my hangup

I don't know dancin ..... cause his eyes look kinda cold to me. I just see those eyes and immediately think drugs. And people rarely do drugs alone. Hardly ever.
Drugs involve associates. And that gets me to thinking....

The timeline is NOT making sense. I just re-watched interview with Sister and Dad and here is the best timeline I can come up with

Thursday: Runions travel to McRae
Friday: Runions were supposed to babysit but did not show up. Kids called Cobb police
Saturday: Cobb police notify Telfair police????
Towns sister said she saw him Saturday night after Dad pulled him from the woods
Sunday: Dad says GBI knocks on his door looking for Towns. Dad tells GBI that he (dad) will find him and bring him in tomorrow (monday). Sunday Dad finds Towns in woods?
Monday: Dad brings Towns in.

Can someone correct me or help make sense of this?

You may have already been answered but I think the sister simply had the day wrong. I believe she meant Sunday not Saturday. I can imagine with all they have gone through that it would be easy to mess up. As to Cobb county, it was reported that the flat out dropped the ball and didn't contact McRae county. Now that we know they were killed on Thursday, I guess it isn't that big of a deal but had they still been alive it sure would have been. A lot of time was lost because of that.

As I've said before, I think the armed robbery MAY have more to do with their vehicle being taken.

He really didn't take the vehicle though and left it close to the scene.

I think he took their cell phones and anything that was of value in the SUV and in a purse or wallet.

IMO

I'm like everyone else..according to the witnesses Bud and June stopped at the antique store and asked for directions to a road but then revealed that they had no idea who they were meeting.
Was Bud so excited for a chance to get his dream car that he ignored every gut feeling and every precaution for their safety that he and June went blindly?
There is so much about this case that doesn't make sense.
Why did Bud and June drive the three hour trip so late in the day when they knew they had to babysit the next day?
Did they have money to purchase the car or did they drive all that way just to look at the car and in reality not take any money?
What would possesses this "kid" to lure the Runion's to his city with the false pretense of selling them a car and then kill them? Was the murder the ultimate plan or was it a robbery gone wrong..either because the Runion's didn't bring money to purchase the car (as their daughters claim) or because Bud and June weren't going to give the money up willingly?
This case is just so sad. This beautiful couple reminds me of my grandparents.
I can't get past the hurt and sadness that their family must be feeling and it makes me sick to think of Bud's dream of owning his Mustang crumble before his eyes..when did he realize that it was a scam? Then for either he or June to have to watch the love of their life killed in front of them-knowing that they were next...
Just so incredibly sad.

I don't know dancin ..... cause his eyes look kinda cold to me. I just see those eyes and immediately think drugs. And people rarely do drugs alone. Hardly ever.
Drugs involve associates. And that gets me to thinking....

When I look at him it gives me the chills ..........like I am looking into the expressionless eyes of a psychopath.

IMO

Hi oceanblueeyes! :loveyou:

If there is ever a case where we totally agree on everything, Websleuths might have to shut down for the day :drumroll:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I totally agree that one man could do this crime.
I'm just not sure if one man did.....

LOL! Well I am sure that day will come. We do agree on some things though.

Nice to 'see' you.

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556542/runion-daughter-dad-wouldnt-have.html

Lots more heartwarming (and heartbreaking) information about the Runions.

Bud was in the 1st Cavalry.
The 1st Cavalry is rich in history in Viet-Nam.
So the 1st was in Korea and transferred to Ft. Benning in 1965.
I imagine that is where Bud was, at Ft. Benning, Ga, before his tour of Viet-Nam.
He arrived stateside in 1966, from Viet-Nam, if I am correct.
My dad left for Viet-Nam in 1967. My dad was not in the Cav. He was Field Artillery.
I can see by Bud's personality that he didn't talk in detail about his experience.
Viet-Nam is life changing, for all of us,( service members and their families.)
My dad does talk about Viet-Nam and he has some interesting stories.
My dad was also a 30 year career soldier.
It took YEARS for me to be able to listen to Barry Sadler without crying.
Viet-Nam was difficult for me, (the two tours my dad had.)
I definitely can understand why Bud would not go into detail.
Interesting though that the Main Body of the Cav division (in 1965) were at sea for 4 weeks to Viet-Nam and one of those ships; the
USNS Maurice Rose (TA-P126), I actually was on the Rose in 1962, on our way to Germany. I was about a year and a half old! :)
That was when you had to take a ship to Germany. Later, MAC flights were available, Thank God.
http://www.first-team.us/tableaux/chapt_08/

No, beyond stupid, it was shameful and evil

No, don't get me wrong -- I wasn't suggesting this was just a 'stupid' crime. And I think that every murder is shameful and evil, so I don't even know if the terms are useful. I don't usually engage in these open and shut crimes, but when one is exceptionally wicked, I can't resist.

He really didn't take the vehicle though and left it close to the scene.

I think he took their cell phones and anything that was of value in the SUV and in a purse or wallet.

IMO

If it was he that put the vehicle in the pond, he took the vehicle. They may have found other of the Runions' possessions in his trailer, IDK -- just saying that if they didn't, taking the vehicle would have been enough for LE to add the robbery charge, IMO...and of course they want to pile up all the charges they reasonably can.

Speaking of the vehicle, something I've been meaning to ask for clarification on -- there was a section of posts I missed yesterday and didn't yet have the chance to go back and read. Do we know FOR SURE that the vehicle was not submerged when found, as many keep mentioning? Was that stated, or was it just assumed from the pictures (which, of course, could have been taken after the vehicle was pulled out, if it WAS submerged). I'm wondering because I think in some media reports there was mention of a dive team? (Team could have been searching for bodies though, I guess.) Anyhow -- anybody know for sure about the vehicle?

Slain couple in Craigslist case found ‘lying separately’

The narrow lane through planted pines where a Marietta couple was found slain Tuesday lies less than a mile from their accused killer’s mobile home. ...

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556514/slain-couple-in-craiglist-case.html

ETA: And I may have found the answer to my recent question, at the same link:

...The spot, above Alligator Creek some 10 miles south of McRae-Helena, is about a quarter-mile north of the pond where the couple’s small SUV was submerged ...

read more at: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556514/slain-couple-in-craiglist-case.html

ETA: And I may have found the answer to my recent question, at the same link:

This is so heartbreaking.

"The bodies of Bud and June Runion, both shot in the head, were left beneath the trees just off County Road 145, a dirt stretch between Old Prison Camp Road and U.S. 441.

“They were lying separately, one on either side of that two-path road,” Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said Wednesday.

The spot, above Alligator Creek some 10 miles south of McRae-Helena, is about a quarter-mile north of the pond where the couple’s small SUV was submerged".

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556514/slain-couple-in-craiglist-case.html#storylink=cpy

This is so heartbreaking.

"The bodies of Bud and June Runion, both shot in the head, were left beneath the trees just off County Road 145, a dirt stretch between Old Prison Camp Road and U.S. 441.

“They were lying separately, one on either side of that two-path road,” Telfair County Sheriff Chris Steverson said Wednesday.

The spot, above Alligator Creek some 10 miles south of McRae-Helena, is about a quarter-mile north of the pond where the couple’s small SUV was submerged".

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556514/slain-couple-in-craiglist-case.html#storylink=cpy

Heartbreaking and Heartless!!!
IMOO.

If "Jay" is the killer, this latest article kind of makes me wonder if he hadn't directed them to this dirt road, hid in the trees and then just stepped out and stopped them, either lured or forced them out of the car and then, pretty quickly... .

There may even have been no talk about the "car deal".

BBM: If I were in her shoes, I'd probably be thinking... "What if I had called him and told him this older couple was looking for him about a car and he gave them the wrong directions? It might have given him reason to abandon the plan. He might have thought, 'Oh no! Mrs. So-and-so knows they're supposed to meet me!' and maybe he would have not bothered to show up at the designated spot... "

So many what-if's. :( The poor Runion daughters are probably thinking how they should have talked their dad out of dealing on Craigslist. The son-in-law's are probably thinking how they should have accompanied Bud and June. The Towns family is probably searching for possible warning signs that they missed.

I wonder if the Runion's gave her a name? You would think he would say do you know such and such? I don't believe RT would have given his real name. Would he?

If it was he that put the vehicle in the pond, he took the vehicle. They may have found other of the Runions' possessions in his trailer, IDK -- just saying that if they didn't, taking the vehicle would have been enough for LE to add the robbery charge, IMO...and of course they want to pile up all the charges they reasonably can.

Speaking of the vehicle, something I've been meaning to ask for clarification on -- there was a section of posts I missed yesterday and didn't yet have the chance to go back and read. Do we know FOR SURE that the vehicle was not submerged when found, as many keep mentioning? Was that stated, or was it just assumed from the pictures (which, of course, could have been taken after the vehicle was pulled out, if it WAS submerged). I'm wondering because I think in some media reports there was mention of a dive team? (Team could have been searching for bodies though, I guess.) Anyhow -- anybody know for sure about the vehicle?

I don't know FOR SURE, but my opinion is that is exactly how the Envoy was found. It looks like it got hung up on those poles and the air bags deployed (you can see the air bags in the image) and that's where it stayed. Also, it appears as if there are sand bags or something similar placed in front of the rear wheels trying to prevent it further going into the water. So, I'm thinking IF the Envoy HAD BEEN in the water, it would still be attached to the tow truck that had pulled it out, instead of just using sand bags. JMO

And speaking of the Envoy ... so if they were killed on Thursday, and the helicopters were searching on Saturday and Sunday, why did it take until Monday to find the Envoy sticking out of the the water that was right near the Town's property?

http://waga.images.worldnow.com/images/6542421_G.jpg

After seeing the recent booking photo and snippets from the arraignment posted above, I am 100% certain that this guy is evil and scary, like on the level of Manson and Bundy. Those eyes. He looks just like all those guys to me. Jmo

Eta: omg, you know who he looks like to me/reminds me of in the arraignment video? Jeffrey Dahmer, jmo.

Oh my, I do see it Dahmer that is. (He killed his 1st few victims at his Grandma's house in the town I was born & raised, so I followed that very closely)
RT also looks like he was given drugs to help withdrawal of other drugs. Rolling eyes, swaying forward and back, slightly slurred speech.
he's guilty IMHO him and him alone, but I think there may be another angle or two, like another involved in hiding/covering it up and the robbery had to do with more than just drugs, just my own feelings /instincts

I don't know FOR SURE, but my opinion is that is exactly how the Envoy was found. It looks like it got hung up on those poles and the air bags deployed (you can see the air bags in the image) and that's where it stayed. Also, it appears as if there are sand bags or something similar placed in front of the rear wheels trying to prevent it further going into the water. So, I'm thinking IF the Envoy HAD BEEN in the water, it would still be attached to the tow truck that had pulled it out, instead of just using sand bags. JMO

And speaking of the Envoy ... so if they were killed on Thursday, and the helicopters were searching on Saturday and Sunday, why did it take until Monday to find the Envoy sticking out of the the water that was right near the Town's property?

http://waga.images.worldnow.com/images/6542421_G.jpg

The article I linked a few posts back says it was submerged, but...you make some good points. Puzzling.

And bbm: Good question (if the vehicle was NOT submerged). And yes, especially with this being so near, apparently, to the by-then-suspect's trailer.

I wonder if the Runion's gave her a name? You would think he would say do you know such and such? I don't believe RT would have given his real name. Would he?

Some of the recent links say that the woman and/or man at the antiques store got the impression the Runions did not have a name, just directions to a place. Very odd to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaGitana
Back