Found Deceased GA - Bud, 69, & June Runion, 66, McRae, 22 Jan 2015 #2 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
read more at: http://www.macon.com/2015/01/28/3556542/runion-daughter-dad-wouldnt-have.html

Lots more heartwarming (and heartbreaking) information about the Runions.

I certainly believe this. The Runions reminds me so much of me and my own husband. I know without a doubt his first thought would be to protect me at all cost and I know Bud felt the same way about June.

And I think this is the way Towns made Bud be compliant. He most likely grabbed June first..maybe putting his arm around her neck in a chokehold with the gun to her head and threatened to shoot her if Bud didn't do what he said to do. Bud would do anything if he thought it would save June. I feel all this time Bud is trying to talk some sense into Towns but of course it was futile. When he made Bud walk into the woods he still had June I think and he shot him in the head right there. Then I think he drug her further into the woods and shot her in the head where she was found.

Only a hard unfeeling person could be capable of doing this. I don't even think he flinched. He just carried out his mission as he had planned and it meant nothing to him that they lay there dead and alone. The part I really feel sad about is he separated them when in their lives they were always so close and together. If I ever met my fate this way (God forbid) I would want to die right beside my husband of over 30 years who is the love of my life.

Also what I noticed today is Towns father and mother look more like the age of the Runions. I had thought they were probably younger for some reason.

Well, let me jump right out there.

I highly doubt Jay acted alone.

There...I said it.

Let the assault begin. :bricks:

No assault from me. I keep going back and forth with myself about whether it's likely more than one person was involved.

I certainly believe this. The Runions reminds me so much of me and my own husband. I know without a doubt his first thought would be to protect me at all cost and I know Bud felt the same way about June.

And I think this is the way Towns made Bud be compliant. He most likely grabbed June first..maybe putting his arm around her neck in a chokehold with the gun to her head and threatened to shoot her if Bud didn't do what he said to do. Bud would do anything if he thought it would save June. I feel all this time Bud is trying to talk some sense into Towns but of course it was futile. When he made Bud walk into the woods he still had June I think and he shot him in the head right there. Then I think he drug her further into the woods and shot her in the head where she was found.

Only a hard unfeeling person could be capable of doing this. I don't even think he flinched. He just carried out his mission as he had planned and it meant nothing to him that they lay there dead and alone. The part I really feel sad about is he separated them when in their lives they were always so close and together. If I ever met my fate this way (God forbid) I would want to die right beside my husband of over 30 years who is the love of my life.

Also what I noticed today is Towns father and mother look more like the age of the Runions. I had thought they were probably younger for some reason.

Thought I saw in a couple of places that Ronnie Towns, Sr. is 63 years old. I heard the sister say her mother was recovering from surgery. From the short time I saw her on the video, she didn't look well.

I think this case will haunt a lot of us for a very long time. It truly is about evil and goodness.

I do believe you are 100% correct. After murdering them he went through their belongings in the SUV and on their bodies and took what he wanted. I do think LE did find Bud and June's possessions in his mobile home. The Towns family let that little bit of information out in their interview but of course they said someone could have put it there to set him up. A ridiculous statement to make but one expected from the family members of a murder defendant.

Evidence found in his trailer also could have been computer evidence of a picture of a Mustang, the burner phone, notes he jotted down from the CL ad or conversations with Bud.

There...I said it.

Hi there sweet friend. How are you doing? Well I hope.:)

Now you know no one is going to assault you. :D

I respect your opinion totally and all others who may disagree with me. Always have and always will.

But I do respectfully think you are wrong and the evidence is going to show that only Towns is involved.

He didn't have to have any help to do this. I just don't believe it had anything to do with a drug dealer.

Now Towns himself may have been a drug user and wanted cash for a quick fix.

But we will see if anyone else is arrested along with Towns. I really got no indication from the Sheriff that he even thinks there is another suspect out there. I think he knows a lot already about what happened.

LOL! But its not the first case here where others were sure someone else was involved and I am sure it wont be the last.

IMO

I don't see any reason why anyone else needed to be an active participant in this crime. It's possible, but who knows. I think that the accused would be quick to name anyone else involved as he's not getting out any time soon. If anyone else is involved, it could be as an ignorant and non-culpable participant, as in someone who gets a phone call saying "Hey Bro, I need a ride home."

I'm not willing to jump to conclusions here. This is a relatively simple and not altogether stupid crime plan. It's not entirely stupid (from the perspective of planning an atrocious crime -- I'm not praising him here). It doesn't require any grand conspiracy, and I could imagine that anyone else involved (if they exist) may have been kept in the dark about what was going on.

Hi there sweet friend. How are you doing? Well I hope.:)

Now you know no one is going to assault you. :D

I respect your opinion totally and all others who may disagree with me. Always have and always will.

But I do respectfully think you are wrong and the evidence is going to show that only Towns is involved.

He didn't have to have any help to do this. I just don't believe it had anything to do with a drug dealer.

Now Towns himself may have been a drug user and wanted cash for a quick fix.

But we will see if anyone else is arrested along with Towns. I really got no indication from the Sheriff that he even thinks there is another suspect out there. I think he knows a lot already about what happened.

LOL! But its not the first case here where others were sure someone else was involved and I am sure it wont be the last.

IMO

BBM Now that is where I totally agree, I think this is easily the work of one man and most likely Towns. I'm just not ready to fully commit to that theory.

I can't remember a case where I was so unsure.

Evidence found in his trailer also could have been computer evidence of a picture of a Mustang, the burner phone, notes he jotted down from the CL ad or conversations with Bud.

Ah, good catch. I am sure you are right.

It was interesting that they upped the charges to armed robbery so I think they did find personal possessions belonging to Bud and June in his mobile home as well as the computer and other evidence you have mentioned.

IMO

Ah, good catch. I am sure you are right.

It was interesting that they upped the charges to armed robbery so I think they did find personal possessions belonging to Bud and June in his mobile home as well as the computer and other evidence you have mentioned.

IMO

As I've said before, I think the armed robbery MAY have more to do with their vehicle being taken.

There...I said it.

No bricks here! Im in 2 minds about it and leaning more towards more then one person.

Whatever he did, Jay Towns has destroyed the lives of three generations of two separate families.

And no, I do not choose to say "what he allegedly did." Either he acted alone or was the major player in luring the Runions to South Georgia & killing them.

I do agree that one man could do this crime. Not arguing with that.

Not sure why I can't get settled with a single-perp theory.

Just praying for justice...whether one or 20. We need every one attached to this crime to pay for it.

The still shot image of this video clip is chilling to me. Jmo

I admit at first, I said this looked evil. Maybe it was fear. As someone else said, he had to be a bit shocked by all the TV camera's. I mean this is a boy who is used to dirt roads still. Hard to really tell since we never knew his demanor before. Oh how I wish we could go back in time for a week. I know people of all ages are killed everyday but this couple has stolen my heart and so many others around the world. I saw someone on FB say they were now the word's grandparent's.

I have believed from the beginning that RT acted alone and will most likely continue to believe that unless and until it has been clearly proven he didn't.

Some of the construction workers around here work construction because they don't have to pass drug tests, don't work all the time due to weather, etc. Now I'm not saying all of them but definitely quite a few I've known of working for smaller construction companies. They still want money to live on and go play on though.

(I don't live in GA)

JMO

I don't see any reason why anyone else needed to be an active participant in this crime. It's possible, but who knows. I think that the accused would be quick to name anyone else involved as he's not getting out any time soon. If anyone else is involved, it could be as an ignorant and non-culpable participant, as in someone who gets a phone call saying "Hey Bro, I need a ride home."

I'm not willing to jump to conclusions here. This is a relatively simple and not altogether stupid crime plan. It's not entirely stupid (from the perspective of planning an atrocious crime -- I'm not praising him here). It doesn't require any grand conspiracy, and I could imagine that anyone else involved (if they exist) may have been kept in the dark about what was going on.

No, beyong stupid, it was shameful and evil

The term pinky-dinky used here in N. Ontario, but what is more common is that a person will wiggle their pinky to indicate that a man is ... how do I say it ... anatomically challenged. It's hugely insulting.

I am from Georgia and I have heard those words before but not often. When said it is meant to infer that they were petty things. Its a way of diminishing what was done.

I do agree that one man could do this crime. Not arguing with that.

Not sure why I can't get settled with a single-perp theory.

Just praying for justice...whether one or 20. We need every one attached to this crime to pay for it.

Could it be his demeaner that makes him see less threatening possibly that gives you those thoughts? Just wonder and maybe that's my hangup

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rutburca
Back