GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are looking for the father, Chris McNabb. McNabb was reportedly in a car with the child’s mother during the search. When mother received a message that the baby had been found, he then got out of the car and took off running at the intersection of Highway 36 and Covington bypass. Covington Police and Netwon County deputies are searching for McNabb on foot. Police say there is an active Warrant out for McNabb on a burglary charge out of Bartow County. He is considered a 'person of interest' in this case. The child's mother is being questioned by police, but is not considered a suspect at this time.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/more-questions-than-answers-in-search-for-missing-baby

[video=twitter;917169256281903104]https://twitter.com/ChrisJoseWSB/status/917169256281903104[/video]

'Breaking: Newton County Sheriff’s Office confirms Christopher McNabb has been captured."

Who is that guy? And he said Courtney was cleared of everything... I don’t know... sounds really strange to me, the whole thing.

Edited: I figured out my own question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;917169256281903104]https://twitter.com/ChrisJoseWSB/status/917169256281903104[/video]

'Breaking: Newton County Sheriff’s Office confirms Christopher McNabb has been captured."

This is great news.

Interesting tattoo under his ear. I’m pretty sure McNabb has one as well. I hope Newton County gives a description of his tattoos when he’s booked in.

I'm glad he has been captured, but very unhappy that he had an active warrant out for his arrest and he didn't remain in custody in the first place. Maybe Detectives had a reason, but it just appeared to be very irresponsible since he did run. He could have harmed more innocent people if he felt desperate.

I know Mom is a victim right now and hopefully this is okay to say, but I will be really shocked if she is completely innocent.

This is great news.

Interesting tattoo under his ear. I’m pretty sure McNabb has one as well. I hope Newton County gives a description of his tattoos when he’s booked in.

If the tattoo in his forehead has been confirmed as "face up or lace up" I learned from 60 days in, that "lacing up" means putting your tennis shoes on and tying them is a signal inmates give when they are about to fight.

Who is that guy? And he said Courtney was cleared of everything... I don’t know... sounds really strange to me, the whole thing.

Just asked the reporter that same question.

Also: I found interesting he said we thought they’d get Courtney on something but she has been cleared of everything... ummm what the what? moo just points more and more to Dad, but maybe an accident? Ugh

Thank goodness!

No idea who this guy is? Assuming he’s related to the mom?!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From live update:

S asked if CM changed his appearance. S says it looks like he's been out in weather, but no others.
S asked how far he was found from where he left. S says 1-2 miles.
S asked if anything else he would like to say. S said he would like to thank citizens and it was thanks to them that they were able to make the arrested.

That was all I got!

Chris Jose, the reporter posting updates on twitter, said that the man in the above videos is a 'relative' on his FB page.

That second one is especially cold looking.

Aren't teardrop tattoos commonly associated with murder?

Funny you ask, I just researched that. Originally, the tear tatoo indicated someone had spent time behind bars and was "owned" by another inmate. When people got out of jail, and had to explain the tattoo, people changed it and said it indicated they had killed someone or had lost a loved one. So people who had not been in prison started getting the tattoo to show they were tough, not realizing it actually meant they were a boy toy. So it has lost its original meaning. From: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teardrop+tattoo

Funny you ask, I just researched that. Originally, the tear tatoo indicated someone had spent time behind bars and was "owned" by another inmate. When people got out of jail, and had to explain the tattoo, people changed it and said it indicated they had killed someone or had lost a loved one. So people who had not been in prison started getting the tattoo to show they were tough, not realizing it actually meant they were a boy toy. So it has lost its original meaning. From: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Teardrop+tattoo

Interesting. I did a quick google search to confirm my thoughts and the first link confirmed that. Does seem like it could have a couple meanings.

I'm glad he has been captured, but very unhappy that he had an active warrant out for his arrest and he didn't remain in custody in the first place. Maybe Detectives had a reason, but it just appeared to be very irresponsible since he did run. He could have harmed more innocent people if he felt desperate.

I know Mom is a victim right now and hopefully this is okay to say, but I will be really shocked if she is completely innocent.

I hear ya! From my experience following missing kids cases here where a father/boyfriend is implicated in murder I often read that the mom was out of the house, i.e. at work, and the dad/boyfriend was babysitting and did something. Other times I've seen cases where the woman didn't directly harm the child but lied to LE and/or helped conceal the body in order to protect the murderer. In many of those cases LE either didn't bring charges or they did and she got off lightly. I kind of understand since LE mainly wants the actual murderer behind bars but in some cases IMO the mother deserves to serve time.

Of course there are many exceptions but my point is that we may or may not get info on what, if anything, Caliyah's mom did or didn't do. Hopefully we'll hear something one way or the other soon. Until then I'm gonna do my best not to rag on or sleuth anyone other than CMc since she's still a victim until LE says otherwise.

Poor baby Caliyah had just entered this world and was violently torn from it. For now I'll focus my anger on CMc. But it's going to be difficult. :mad:

Thanks Pink! So for the moment he's being held on outstanding warrants not related to Caliyah's murder while LE waits for the ME to determine the COD but he remains a person of interest. The mother was questioned and released.

The area where Caliyah's body was found - in a hole, under a fallen log :( - had been previously searched on foot, with dogs and by a drone.

I guess now it's watch and wait...

Thanks Pink! So for the moment he's being held on outstanding warrants not related to Caliyah's murder while LE waits for the ME to determine the COD but he remains a person of interest. The mother was questioned and released.

The area where Caliyah's body was found - in a hole, under a fallen log :( - had been previously searched on foot, with dogs and by a drone.

I guess now it's watch and wait...
Is it normal for one parent to be released so quickly from questioning? Could it suggest that she provided information that further leads them to suspect the father?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That second one is especially cold looking.

Aren't teardrop tattoos commonly associated with murder?

Not necessarily. I know folks who have them who've never harmed a soul. I think that theirs may be associated with the loss of a very close friend, or a family member (some get them for doing time, others get the spiderweb on their elbow with regard to doing time)

MSM from today....

UPDATE (Oct. 8, 8 p.m.):*Christopher McNabb was apprehended by Newton County Sheriff's Office (NCSO) around 7 p.m., NCSO Captain Keith Crum told*The Covington News.*

NCSO received a call from a convenience store that McNabb was there, Crum said. Officers arrived and NCSO was arrested without incident at the car wash adjacent to the store on Highway 36.*

Crum said McNabb was alone at the time of his arrest. He will now be transported to the Newton County Jail, read his Miranda Rights and booked into the county jail on the probation violation warrant out of Bartow County.*

---

UPDATE (Oct. 8, 4:45 p.m.):*Newton County Sheriff's Office (NCSO) investigators have located the body of 15-day-old Caliyah C. McNabb in the woods behind the mobile home park where she was reported missing Saturday morning.*

The child was found "wrapped up in some cloth under a log," NCSO Captain Keith Crum told*The Covington News.*

Newton County Coroner Tommy Davis is transporting the body to the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) Crime Lab where the cause and manner of death will be determined.*

Crum said the sheriff's office is actively searching for the child's father, Christopher McNabb, who has a probation warrant for his arrest. Christopher McNabb reportedly jumped out of a car at the intersection of Highway 36 and the Covington Bypass around 3 p.m. and left on foot.*

Crum described Christopher McNabb as a white male in his 20s with a slender build and multiple tattoos, including facial tattoos of musical symbols over his left temple.*

"Anyone who spots him, please do not approach," Crum said. "Call 911 and let us contact him."

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/breaking-ncso-investigating-missing-baby/
b63431ecf0d27b08e7c54e1e9dcdc5aa.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads