GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this case on my every.day.check.list - :)

Just looked a few minutes ago and they have nothing for Newton Criminal hearings past the 1/15/19 - 2 items.

I will definitely let you all know "when" I see their names! :D
Thanks appreciate your devotion too this poor baby!

For some reason this website stopped working for me - I can't get into the pdf file - it's giving me an error. Can someone else try to see if they might be on this list?

Judge John M. Ott | Calendar

It would be Newton Criminal cases for 2/5/19.

TIA! :)
I'm getting an error too. Link says filesize = 0 so it looks like they haven't updated it.

Msm is saying next court date is April 10 but the article isn't dated so it could either be 2019 or old news, meaning 2018. Bah.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking MsMarple!

I tried again this morning and same error message.... will keep trying!

I don't like articles that don't at least have a date on them!

Thanks for checking MsMarple!

I tried again this morning and same error message.... will keep trying!

I don't like articles that don't at least have a date on them!
FWIW, I checked all the other judges' calendars and they were fine, no Bell or McNabb listed. Maybe Judge Ott is on holiday or ill - I think there was a mention of some sort of judges convention too. So not a true error but rather an unfilled file.

They actually changed the web page from the time I could see it to the one they have now. This calendar is for Feb. 15th. So if he's sick or on holiday - he could be back by then.

And just checked the Newton County jail - and they are not listed... ??

Finally some news....

BREAKING: Trial date set for alleged killer parents

COVINGTON, Ga. – Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell, the parents accused of killing their 15-day-old daughter, will go in front of Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John M. Ott May 6 for a trial in the Newton County Superior Court.

Article doesn't say whether there was a court hearing recently....

I still look this up everyday - and have NOT seen their names under Judge Ott's schedules.

Just checked the court site & they have 5/6 trial up:
Judge John M. Ott | Calendar

Newborn killed: Jury to hear of parents’ violent relationship

Jurors won’t hear about the prior arrests of a Newton County couple accused of killing their 2-week-old daughter during their trial next week, prosecuting and defense attorneys agreed Tuesday. The state will, however, present evidence of the couple’s drug use and violent incidents in the days before and after the baby’s birth.
[.....]
Caliyah McNabb was born Sept. 23, 2017 and lived only 14 days. Jury selection is scheduled to begin Monday.....
[.....]
Video cameras were allowed in the courtroom Tuesday, but Ott ordered that the footage not be broadcast until after the jury is selected.
[.....]
Defense attorneys have filed a motion seeking to have the trial moved out of Newton due to pre-trial publicity. Ott said he cannot rule on the motion until after jury selection begins.

@Niner COVINGTON, Ga. - Every online story, published article, social media post and marketing material used by The Covington News to provide coverage on the ongoing murder trial of Caliyah C. McNabb will become official court evidence Tuesday morning, as The News has been subpoenaed to provide information by the Newton County Public Defender's Office.

Adding to say that The Covington News have been granted permission to take cameras into Court to live stream the case. As far as I know they are the only agency to have applied to date to live stream.

I hope Ive done this correctly.

The Covington News' granted access to live stream McNabb/Bell trial

Sorry can't get it to link @Niner

We shall forgive you "this" time!
48x48px-LL-5c01b62f_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif

Do you know if there will be anyone tweeting? Or will you be watching and letting us know "what" is going on?

Monday, May 6th:
*Trial set to begin for both (@ ET) - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017, Covington) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24), "mother" arrested & charged (10/18/17) indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" arrested & charged (10/18/17) & indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Was under suicide watch.
Trial set to begin 5/6/19

According to an April 22 subpoena for the production of evidence, The News was asked to provide "certified copies of any/all articles and online postings pertaining to the disappearance of Caliyah McNabb, the arrests of Christopher McNabb and Cortney Bell, and any subsequent articles/postings pertaining to this case including but not limited to paper article, online articles and Facebook posts."

'The News' subpoenaed for evidence in McNabb, Bell trial

COVINGTON, Ga. — The trial is set to begin this week against two parents accused of killing and coveringup the murder of their two-week-old baby.

Little Caliyah McNabb's body was found in 2017 not far from her parents' Newton County home.

Jury selection for the murder trial of Christopher McNabb and Cortney Bell is set to begin Monday morning. Both are facing multiple charges, including murder, in connection with the crime.

Murder trial of parents accused of killing 2-week-old daughter getting underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member