GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurors won’t hear about the prior arrests of a Newton County couple accused of killing their 2-week-old daughter during their trial next week, prosecuting and defense attorneys agreed Tuesday. The state will, however, present evidence of the couple’s drug use and violent incidents in the days before and after the baby’s birth.

Newborn killed: Jury to hear of parents’ violent relationship

Violence and drug use were rampant in her parents’ lives, and little Caliyah McNabb survived only two weeks after her birth in September 2017. She allegedly was killed by her Newton County parents, whose trial begins Monday.

But will it be possible for Christopher McNabb and Cortney Bell, both charged in Caliyah’s death, to get a fair trial in Newton? Defense attorneys don’t believe so, due to the amount of publicity the case has gotten.

The attorneys have filed a motion seeking a change of venue. But Judge John Ott said he can’t make a decision on moving the trial before both sides attempt to seat a jury.

Newborn killed: Will the parents stand trial in Newton County?

We shall forgive you "this" time!
48x48px-LL-5c01b62f_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif

Do you know if there will be anyone tweeting? Or will you be watching and letting us know "what" is going on?

Maybe someone will be tweeting from the Covington News?

I had hoped to watch, in UK case starts at 2.30pm, I've got to go to emergency appointment at 2pm and not sure what time I'll be back grrrrr. All because of a twisted knee 2 weeks ago.

I see this woman's name Jackie Gutknecht on the article - and it says follow (twitter) per the article Jewels posted above.

Jewels - are you available to post tweets if there are any?

Sorry to hear about your twisted knee altojack! Good luck at the dr.!! My bro did the same and now he needs a knee replacement. He's on a waiting list....

I see this woman's name Jackie Gutknecht on the article - and it says follow (twitter) per the article Jewels posted above.

Jewels - are you available to post tweets if there are any?

Sorry to hear about your twisted knee altojack! Good luck at the dr.!! My bro did the same and now he needs a knee replacement. He's on a waiting list....
I will be gone this morning but can catch up around 12pm or so. That is if someone else doesn't want to do them.

COVINGTON, Ga. — Little Caliyah McNabb was born prematurely on September 23, 2017. She only weighed 5 pounds at birth. When her parents, Cortney Bell and Christopher McNabb took their bundle of joy home, no one could imagine what was to come.

On Saturday morning, October 7, 2017, at 10:38 a.m., Cortney Bell frantically called Newton County 911 to report that her 2-week-old daughter had gone missing.

The terror in Bell's voice is tangible when listening to the 911 audio recording.

911: Newton County 911, what's the emergency?

Bell: I have a 2-year-old and a 2-week-old, and my 2-week-old is not in her sleeper. Her passy is on the floor.

911: She's not in her sleeper?

Bell: She's not in her sleeper - she's not here. I looked -- I looked in her clothes and everything.

Bell said she had been asleep since 5 a.m. when she had fed the infant last. She said she woke up and the baby was gone.

The trial of both parents is set to get underway on Monday, May 6, 2019, with jury selection in Covington.

Her 2-week-old body was found in the woods near her home. Her parents are charged with murder.

Tuesday, May 7th:
*Trial continues (Day 2-Jury selection?) for both (@ ET) - GA - Caliyah C. McNabb (15 days old) (Oct, 7, 2017, Covington) - *Cortney Marie Bell (24), "mother" arrested & charged (10/18/17) indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) with 2nd degree murder & 2nd degree cruelty to children & deprivation of a minor; taken into custody Sat. 1/6/18. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
*Christopher Michael McNabb (27) "father" arrested & charged (10/18/17) & indicted (1/5/18) & arraigned (1/23/18) on 8 counts for malice murder, 2 counts of felony murder, 2nd degree murder, aggravated battery, 2 counts of 1st & 2nd degree cruelty to children & concealing a death. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Was under suicide watch.
Trial set to begin 5/6/19
5/6/19: Jury selection begins. Trial continues on 5/7.

BREAKING: Jury seated in McNabb/Bell trial

After a full day of jury selection, 12 jurors and two alternates have been chosen to hear the case of the parents accused of killing their 15-day-old daughter more than a year ago. The trial is scheduled to start with opening statements in front of Alcovy Judicial Circuit Chief Judge John M. Ott 9 a.m.

The trial for parents accused in the death of their newborn daughter in September 2017 will remain in Newton County, a judge ruled Monday afternoon.

Attorneys for Christopher McNabb and Cortney Bell had filed a motion seeking to move the trial due to the amount of publicity the case has gotten. But after a day of jury selection, only one potential juror was dismissed because of the publicity in the case, though several had heard some details about the baby’s death.

Monday afternoon, a jury was selected in the case. Opening statements are expected Tuesday morning.

Newborn killed: Judge denies request to move trial out of Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member