GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh no oh no oh no
I wonder if there was anyone else in the home or who had access to the home

I am a teacher of the visually impaired. Several of my students were preemies and a small handful are blinded due to shaken baby syndrome. In two cases my students were preemies suffering from acid reflux and colic which led to the unthinkable shaking as the parent couldn't cope with the crying. No I am not making an accusation but was this little one suffering from acid reflux or colic?
JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I listened to Dad again, and I cannot understand him. I know you cannot judge a book by it's cover, looks can be deceiving, etc...but listening to and Dad's appearance, I do wonder if drugs are involved. Where was mom during all this..dad found the baby missing, does the interview. Hopefully she's too distraught to plea for her baby's safe return because she truly does not know what happened to her baby. moo

Father: “I want my kid back” clip from different angle.

Very worried for this little one. [emoji26] [video=twitter;916829329727934469]https://twitter.com/chrisjosewsb/status/916829329727934469[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way he is yelling makes me feel like I am watching Maury Povich.

UPDATE (Oct. 7, 7:10 p.m.):*Newton County Sheriff's Office (NCSO) investigators are looking for a 15-day-old female child that is missing from her parent's home at Lot 31 of the Eagle Mobile Home Park off Highway 36 in Newton County as of 10 a.m. Saturday morning.*

NCSO Captain Keith Crum said*Caliyah C. McNabb was born prematurely on Sept. 24 and weighs about 5 pounds. She has dark hair, dark eyes and a mole on her hairline on the left side.*

Crum said both the child's mother and father reported seeing her around 5 a.m. for a feeding. She was then placed in a back bedroom of the residence with her 2-year-old sister. The parents slept in another room of the residence.*

Around 10 a.m., the father noticed the child was missing and searched the residence and the surrounding area and was unable to locate the child. That is when he called 911 and NCSO deputies, criminal investigation unit and K-9 units responded.*

Crum said additional personnel was called in and the trailer park and surrounding area was searched. The K-9 reportedly led the officers down a trail but was unable to locate anything.*

Crum said the search will continue "probably until dark or until we can't search anymore."

NCSO has conducted interviews with both parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles of the child with no leads. A search has also been conducted in the residence where the child was last seen. Crum said there is no indication that a family member would have taken the child from the home.

Crum said NCSO is reviewing all of its options. He was not sure if an Amber Alert would be issued for the child, as investigators do not have a vehicle, tag number or any other identifying information to search for.*

Anyone with information is asked to contact NCSO. Anonymous tips can be left online at*www.newtonsheriffga.org*or by phone to*678-625-1401.*

https://www.covnews.com/news/crime/breaking-ncso-investigating-missing-baby/

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Dogs out and search now has been suspended.
I really hope someone like a grandma or something took the baby and this is s huge misunderstanding because I can't think of any alternatives that will be a safe outcome for Caliyah Beautiful name.

Okay trying to ignore Occam’s razor and think outside the box. Maybe someone in the mobile home park knew they had a new baby, wanted it for their own, snuck in while parents were asleep? Maybe someone is mixed up in something they shouldn’t be and this is the result? I just can’t think of any other ideas as to how/why this baby would be missing.

:eek:verreaction:

Lemme guess, the stork came back and took the wee one and flew away.
Oy vey mama, wishful thinking.

Dogs out and search now has been suspended.
I really hope someone like a grandma or something took the baby and this is s huge misunderstanding because I can't think of any alternatives that will be a safe outcome for Caliyah Beautiful name.

There actually was a case where Grandma abducted a baby from the parents.
I'm guessing this isn't one of those.

UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!! :tantrum:

From the outward appearance of things, the home, father, etc I could understand someone thinking the child needed a better life, however, I'm doubtful that happened. And ransom probably isn't a motive, because I doubt there's money to pay. The tiny baby surely didn't leave on her own... so, that leaves someone close to the baby did something. I can't with these people today. Was just telling my husband about the 3yr old girl that's missing, and then about this one.. his response? No trial, just kill anyone that harms a baby! JMO

UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!! :tantrum:

From the outward appearance of things, the home, father, etc I could understand someone thinking the child needed a better life, however, I'm doubtful that happened. And ransom probably isn't a motive, because I doubt there's money to pay. The tiny baby surely didn't leave on her own... so, that leaves someone close to the baby did something. I can't with these people today. Was just telling my husband about the 3yr old girl that's missing, and then about this one.. his response? No trial, just kill anyone that harms a baby! JMO
I get the outrage but 'no trial' doesn't make sense. People are quick to judge and point fingers, and they're not always right. The trial is an important step to ensure the person was reasonably involved and earned the punishment they receive. And even juries aren't always right. I don't think we have enough info in either case to say the parents are guilty of anything.

Wishful thinking... BUT, anyone in that area that was pretending to be pregnant, and took the baby to claim as their own? I know it's a very small percentage of babies abducted by strangers, but it has happened. At least the baby would be alive in this situation...

I get the outrage but 'no trial' doesn't make sense. People are quick to judge and point fingers, and they're not always right. The trial is an important step to ensure the person was reasonably involved and earned the punishment they receive. And even juries aren't always right. I don't think we have enough info in either case to say the parents are guilty of anything.

You're right, and it was a knee jerk reaction for sure. It's just so frustrating all these babies missing.

The father’s “plea” for his child, not his baby, is almost like he’s talking to someone in particular, like maybe he knows who has her & is demanding her back.
Did he, or they, owe anyone money? Piss off someone?
And to describe this tiny baby as “my child” is like he’s trying to disassociate himself with his newborn baby. His wording just struck me weird.

Just my random thoughts & opinions...

I have a 2 year old and I have a newborn. I just keep thinking about how many times I've had to stop my 2 year old from climbing in the crib with the newborn and how many times my 2 year old has tried to pick up my newborn. I couldn't help but immediately wonder if the 2 year old accidentally killed the newborn and the parents are covering for whatever reason. I hope not, but I just know how curious 2 year olds are about new siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member