GUILTY GA - Chase Massner, 26, Kennesaw, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no doubt that BC was partially responsible for Chase's death. He enabled his use of drugs, maybe even procured the drugs for him, otherwise aiding and abetting him in his pursuit of drugs that night. But can we prove that BC actually caused his death, by physical violence against him or administering drugs to Chase against his will? I don't think it's possible.

We know he is at least guilty as charged -- as evidenced by his concealment of Chase's body and his involvement in Chase's death. For this, he needs to get the maximum sentence allowed.

BC is an addict. He was in no position to deny drugs to Chase or to be a "role model". I also think that BC envied Chase's life. He entertained the notion that he could step in and fill Chase's role as husband and father to Chase's existing family.

This, in my opinion, is evidenced by the interviews with NG and MSM where he stated several times how "lucky" Chase was to have a beautiful wife and two little girls. The day following the night Chase died, BC tried in vain to get Chase's wife to come to his "BBQ" and bring their daughters -- even knowing that, if they did show up, Chase wouldn't be there!

I think BC was proud of what he had achieved in that he owned his own home, was making many cosmetic renovations to the property, and thought that Chase's wife would compare BC with Chase, and Chase would not measure up.

These were delusions on the part of BC.

I was never able to get a clear understanding as to why BC rode around in his vehicle during the day, presumably after Chase was already dead, on his "errands" mission with Chase's cell phone. My theory is that BC was monitoring calls to Chase's phone to see whether his wife was trying to reach Chase, and, in the process, to make it appear to her that Chase was purposely not responding to her calls to further aggravate the rift between the couple.

It is a miracle, in my opinion, that we even got an answer as to what happened to Chase. Were it not for the persistence of the family and the searchers (dog team), we would have nothing. This case would have ended as a cold case.

All of the above is just my opinion.

Niner, as far as I can determine, we are awaiting the grand jury (Superior Court, Cobb County, NC) to convene (January 2018) and return an indictment against BC, if they deem there is evidence enough to try him for murder.

I am not confident that he will be charged with murder. Don't think there is enough evidence. He can be tried on the existing charges against him, thus far.

Okay - thanks for the update alexwood. I too don't think they will be able to charge BC with murder, but at least they have him on concealing a death & making false statements to LE! Maximum sentence would be good!

Putting this one in my "January List".

Man charged with concealing death of Chase Massner enters not guilty plea
http://www.cbs46.com/story/37189236...ling-death-of-chase-massner-expected-in-court

COBB COUNTY, GA (CBS46) -
Lawyers for the man charged with hiding the body of military veteran Chase Massner in his backyard entered a plea of not guilty during a court appearance Thursday (Jan. 4) morning.
[.....]
Days later, police would find Clement living in a UHaul truck in a store parking lot. Clement is facing charges of concealing Massner's death, a crime that's punishable by a 1 to 10 year prison sentence.
[.....]
The case is now expected to go to trial.

Okay - thanks for the update alexwood. I too don't think they will be able to charge BC with murder, but at least they have him on concealing a death & making false statements to LE! Maximum sentence would be good!

Putting this one in my "January List".

Thanks, NINER! I agree with you 100%.

This morning, I listened to a recent "Crime Stories with Nancy Grace" episode about Chase Massner's case. In the podcast [at 45:23], NG discusses details of the autopsy report with CBS46News reporter Daniel Wilkerson, who states that Chase's hands and feet were bound. The ME characterizes the binding of limbs as Brad Clement's act of preparing the body for burial.

I suppose that the ME was able to determine that the binding of the hands and feet was done after Chase Massner was already dead. But, if this is not definitive, it makes for a very compelling argument that Brad Clement did MURDER Chase.

Below is the link to the podcast from Crime Stories with Nancy Grace. [Note: Please scroll down, after clicking the link, to the Dec. 28, 2017 episode entitled, "Missing young vet mother beloved spouse speak out". If you want to cut to the specific discussion, fast forward to 45:23].

https://art19.com/shows/crime-stori...-blue&playlist_type=playlist&playlist_size=5#

No one normal conceals a body they didn't murder. No one normal definitely doesn't bind the hands of someone they didn't murder to "prepare them for burial".

:bump:

any "new" news on next court hearing? I sure have not seen anything....

TIA! :wave:

Finally an update:

Chase Massner Update: New information obtained against suspect accused of hiding Army vet’s body in his back yard
http://www.crimeonline.com/2018/01/...ed-of-hiding-army-vets-body-in-his-back-yard/

A Georgia man accused of concealing the death of a U.S. Army veteran appeared in court on Fri., in hopes of getting bond, but his defense attorneys asked for a continuance after the prosecution revealed that new information in the case had been obtained.
[.....]
Although it’s unclear what new information the prosecution uncovered, Clement’s defense lawyers, David Wolfe and Alexander Sussor, requested a continuance until March 2, to provide them time to review the new material.

I was listening again to one of Nancy Grace's (Crime Stories with NG) episodes re this case. It was during an interview with Brad Clement (the perp) that he stated the reason he had Chase's cell phone with him as he ran "errands" was because he wanted to call/text Chase's wife while he was on his errands. He said that he did not have her cell phone number, so he needed Chase's phone to be able to contact her. Chase's wife later confirmed that Brad Clement did contact her using Chase's phone.

What did Clement have to say to Amanda? He wanted to let her know that Chase really loved her and the little girls, etc., blah-blah-blah! This contact would have occurred AFTER Chase was already dead.

What an upstanding and caring guy is Brad Clement. (Nauseating!) I hope he gets what he deserves and soon.

Friday, March 2nd:
*Motions Hearing (@ 9am ET) - *Grand Jury Indicted* - GA - Chase Massner (26) (Mar. 27, 2014) - James Bradshaw "Brad" Clement (31) accused & indicated of concealing a death & making false statements to police; no bond. Pled not guilty on 1/4/18.
Had hearing on 1/26, postponed until March 2, as the DA has more evidence & defense asked for a continuance to review new evidence.

:judge:

Still no update on a trial date on court site....

:waiting:

Strange! He is no longer in the database at the court site for Cobb County. :thinking:

He didn't moved to another county, did he?

TIA! :wave:

Bumping this up - there is supposed to be an August trial date.... Nothing I have found....

Anyone else have any luck? TIA!

Bumping this up - there is supposed to be an August trial date.... Nothing I have found....

Anyone else have any luck? TIA!
This is all I see...

Attachments

• C72D8F46-CBC3-4697-AAE5-75454DD2B824.jpeg
    C72D8F46-CBC3-4697-AAE5-75454DD2B824.jpeg
    202.8 KB · Views: 7
Thanks Eleven_11! I noticed I put in a comma when I searched for him - best read the instructions, eh?!! LOL!

So - his trial started 8/2 or do you think it got postponed... again....

edited to add: I noticed it starts at 1:30pm - I thought trials usually started in the morning....
Could this be jury selection?

Thanks Eleven_11! I noticed I put in a comma when I searched for him - best read the instructions, eh?!! LOL!

So - his trial started 8/2 or do you think it got postponed... again....

edited to add: I noticed it starts at 1:30pm - I thought trials usually started in the morning....
Could this be jury selection?

I just messed up my search on the Cole Thomas case...that one is last name, first name with NO SPACES...I can’t read directions either!

I really can’t tell from looking at the case what happened, the site doesn’t give a whole lot of info and I couldn’t find anything recent on the internet...so I guess we wait and see.

Yes, I too noticed they don't give much info on that site on "what" is going on with his case.... Yep - wait and see....

More stuff under a different case#.

08/02/2018 01:30PM JURY TRIAL CALL NOTICE PRINTED 07/19/2018 08:38AM

09/06/2018 01:30PM JURY TRIAL CALL NOTICE PRINTED 08/15/2018 09:15AM

09/10/2018 09:00AM JURY NOTICE PRINTED 08/15/2018 09:15AM

09/24/2018 09:00AM JURY NOTICE PRINTED 08/15/2018 09:15AM

link: https://ctsearch.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.com/Results

This ^^ is re Case #17904080 which was filed on 10/20/17

The one previous I posted is Case #18903146 filed on 8/10/18

link: https://ctsearch.cobbsuperiorcourtclerk.com/Results

So, I'm thinking DA refiled this case? Seems like it, if he's going to be arraigned on the charges filed on 8/10/18.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back