GUILTY GA - Chase Massner, 26, Kennesaw, 27 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chase Massner Update: Cause of death released, private memorial planned by family

Massner’s remains returned from a forensics lab in Phoenix earlier this month to the Cobb County Medical Examiner’s Office in Marietta. After making a final assessment, a Cobb County medical examiner listed the veteran’s cause of death as “undetermined.”

Massner’s family plans to hold a private funeral at a Canton, Georgia, funeral home, followed by burial services at a military cemetery. Massner’s mom, Stephanie Cadena, posted a heartfelt obituary on Monday.

“Chase Massner, 29 passed away in Kennesaw, Georgia. He was a loving son, father, husband, and friend who will be missed by so many. He was known to light up a room with his smile, Chase was a happy-go-lucky, free spirit who brought joy to all who knew him,” the obituary read.

“Chase was an Iraq war veteran who served in the U.S. Army from 2008 to 2015, where he earned the Iraqi Service ribbon, Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) among others. Chase was honorably discharged in December of 2015. Chase will be remembered for his silly antics that always made his loved ones laugh, as well as his caring and generous demeanor. He never met a stranger and would give the shirt off of his back to someone in need.”

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/09/...-released-private-memorial-planned-by-family/ by Leigh Egan
September 25, 2017

Well, maybe they couldn't determine the COD, but we know that by BC's actions in concealing Chase's body, that he wasn't just an innocent bystander. By his own admission, BC lent Chase $60 that night. I'm sure it was so that BC could then turn around and sell drugs to Chase. In my opinion, BC was the COD. And, as BC stated in an interview with Nancy Grace, the $60 was in Chase's pocket.

Was it still in his pocket when he was exhumed from the makeshift grave? I doubt it.

(All MOO)

Well, maybe they couldn't determine the COD, but we know that by BC's actions in concealing Chase's body, that he wasn't just an innocent bystander. By his own admission, BC lent Chase $60 that night. I'm sure it was so that BC could then turn around and sell drugs to Chase. In my opinion, BC was the COD. And, as BC stated in an interview with Nancy Grace, the $60 was in Chase's pocket.

Was it still in his pocket when he was exhumed from the makeshift grave? I doubt it.

(All MOO)

:thinking: Wonder why the Manner of death wasn't reported, ( homicide) with the choices being natural, accident, suicide, homicide, undetermined, and pending

Anyone know IF anything happened??

*Bond & Probable Cause Hearing @ 9am ET - GA - Chase Massner (26) (Mar. 27, 2014) - James Bradshaw "Brad" Clement (31) accused of concealing a death/Bond hearing on Aug. 29th cancelled to this date.
Update 9/13: Lots of power outages due to the storm and governmental agencies are shut down today in the Atlanta metro area / no further updates as of 9/22

Well - you beat me to it Bently - just got a Google Alert about the next court date! :tyou:

:judge:

New development in death of Iraq War veteran could cause roadblock for prosecutors by: Justin Wilfon Updated: Sep 26, 2017 - 10:00 PM

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cob...uld-cause-roadblock-for-prosecutors/615336197
"On Tuesday night, Channel 2's Justin Wilfon learned a medical examiner has ruled Chase Massner's cause of death.
The Cobb County Medical Examiner's Office told Wilfon they tried everything they could and then some to determine Massner's cause of death but nothing worked. Why this could make it a tougher road ahead for the prosecution in this case, on the Channel 2 Action News Nightbeat at 11."

Well Mr. Wilfon, the rest of us learned the COD last night, and some of us understand why it may have been undetermined, after being buried for over 3 years! Some may be disappointed it wasn't as easy as showing a gunshot wound (sorry for explicit) but many COD's would not be able to have the COD determined after that time. It's not a "roadblock" imho. :praying:

Just glad this case will be in Cobb County, vs. Pinellas County Florida iykwim

ETA: Oh dear, see post below and Ester's comment.

On 11 pm tv segment of 11 Alive....

Paraphrasing...and some quotes..

Justin tell us why this is could be troubling for the prosecutors?

They tried everything and then some and that could make it more Troublesome for the prosecutors in this case. they reviewed the case in a short summary.

Ester Panitch was interviewed on camera ( you'll remember her from the Andrea sneiderman case as legal analyst) " they didn't go ahead and charge with anything worse than concealing a death just in case the medical examiner could not come back with a cause of death.

Reporter... now that's exactly what's happened. and Ester tells me that's bad news for the prosecution.

Ester- it means it will be difficult, if not impossible, to charge any further crime than what he's already been charged with.

The reporter then talked about how the remains were also sent to Arizona to see if they could come up with more information but they could not.

The DA's office, Nor Brad's attorney, would comment to the news organization about the results

The charge that he has right now carries one to 10 years if he is convicted. End.

Nooooooo! I would think that most folks can put the pieces together on Brad as to what happened and him being buried in his back yard! :gaah: and the defense would be perhaps he OD'd on that $60 bucks :cough: of drugs and Brad merely buried him ..(ummm, Brad, you were on camera talking about how you would have called 911 if it was an OD, remember!) .. again, it's Cobb County NOT Pinellas :gaah:

Justice for Chase :rose:

Chase didn't deserve this! I hope his murderer is charged, and convicted. I think this case bothers me more than some because Chase was down on his luck, looking for a friend to hang with, vent with, and total betrayal.

Autopsy: Chase Massner had ‘history of heroin abuse'

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/a...details-about-chase-massner-s-death/479120111 5:20 PM. EDT September 27, 2017

COBB COUNTY, Ga. – The autopsy report for U.S. Army veteran, Chase Massner, whose remains were found in August, was released, indicating the presence of heroin, but no trauma.

The Cobb County Medical Examiner’s office released Massner’s autopsy Monday afternoon and revealed both the toxicology report for his muscle tissue, as well as his skeletal conditions as found.

He was found enveloped in a black tarp, and secured with several layers of duct tape. He had strips of clear packaging tape wrapped around his chest and legs.

He was dressed in a red hoodie with the “QT” logo, over a striped Old Navy shirt, with a Nike Pro Combat shirt, khaki pants, two mismatched socks with peace signs, and a spandex and nylon tattoo sleeve.

Hunton reported in the autopsy that Massner had the following substances found in his muscle tissue:

Beta-phenethylamine: A chemical produced during decomposition
Nicotine and cotinine- Indicate a consumption of tobacco products
Lamotrigine- A medication he was prescribed. It is commonly prescribed for epileptic seizures, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), epilepsy and bipolar disorder. Doctors seriously warn against consuming alcohol with the drug.
Morphine and methamphetamine- Considered, according to the autopsy, as “drugs of abuse.” Morphine is the primary metabolite in heroin.

“Mr. Massner had a known history of heroin abuse,” the autopsy report stated.

However, the presence of morphine and methamphetamine in the muscle tissue does not indicate, Hunton said in the report, a definitive association with the drug as the presence of these drugs in muscle does not prove that they were present in the blood at the time of death.”

The amount of drugs taken cannot be determined, nor can the timeframe of when it was ingested. Therefore, determining if it was a lethal dose is impossible.

ETA: Was Chase on pain meds of any kind that we know of?

:gaah: The news reports this morning are having headlines focused on drug usage. Justice for Chase :rose:

:waiting: for an additional charge for Brad a week from today. :praying: that the DA will have enough to do so.

http://www.cbs46.com/story/36472495/autopsy-shows-chase-massner-had-history-of-heroin-abuse Autopsy shows Chase Massner had history of heroin abuse Sep 28, 2017 7:19 AM EST

https://patch.com/georgia/kennesaw/chase-massner-case-autopsy-shows-heroin-meth-use-report Chase Massner Case: Autopsy Shows Heroin, Meth Use: Report
In autopsy released in the Chase Massner case shows that the Army vet had traces of heroin, meth and morphine in him, TV station reports. September 28, 2017 9:26 am ET

[h=1]Funeral For Former Missing Army Vet Chase Massner Set For Monday[/h]
chasemassnerfuneral-1506943475-2800.jpg

KENNESAW, GA -- The funeral for Chase Massner, the Army vet whose body was found in a Kennesaw backyard this summer after he vanished three years ago, will be held Monday, Oct. 2. The funeral will finally bring closure to the family of Massner, who was a 26-year-old father and husband when he disappeared.

Massner's funeral service is being handled by the Darby Funeral Home in Canton. "The caring staff of Darby Funeral Home is honored to serve the Massner Family," the business says in an obit announcement.
https://patch.com/georgia/kennesaw/funeral-former-missing-army-vet-chase-massner-set-monday

[video=youtube;4vemQQjgH-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vemQQjgH-Y[/video]

[video=youtube;0a5NudRs4ZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a5NudRs4ZU[/video]

Thursday, Oct. 5th:
*Probable Cause Hearing @ 1:30pm ET - GA - Chase Massner (26) (Mar. 27, 2014) - James Bradshaw "Brad" Clement (31) accused of concealing a death/Bond hearing on Aug. 29th cancelled to this date.

:judge:

Google Alert.....

http://www.mdjonline.com/news/chase...cle_b6c5fa82-a964-11e7-9d7f-374cf7895262.html

The probable cause hearing for an Atlanta man accused of hiding his friend’s body under a slab of concrete behind a Kennesaw home three years ago has been canceled.
[....]
A spokesperson for the Cobb District Attorney’s Office said Wednesday morning the next step is to present the case to a grand jury and request an indictment.
[.....]
An autopsy conducted on Massner’s remains revealed evidence of drug use, but could not determine what caused his death, which could make it difficult for prosecutors to pursue more additional charges in the case against Clement.

The $60 thing never made any sense. Chase was getting paid that night and didn't need BC's money. BC lied several times throughout that interview with little traces of truth in between.

(All MOO)

Any movement in this case? No upcoming court dates anyone has seen?

TIA! :wave:

I am not confident that he will be charged with murder. Don't think there is enough evidence. He can be tried on the existing charges against him, thus far.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back