GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bobbisangel said:
If this guy has the mentality of a 5 yr old how could he have planned all of this out? I mean if he raped and murdered Christopher how could a 5 yr old decide what to do after the rape? I know he has the strength of a man but he has the mind of a 5 yr old which to me would mean that he wouldn't know to get rid of the body or where to get rid of it. I wish more than anything that this beautiful little boy would be found alive somewhere.

The mother in this case is worse looking then her son. She doesn't look like she is all there either.

If this guy has been in trouble before for raping a child why in the world is he on the loose? They have to had known that with his slow mind he would reoffend again. Would he even know it was wrong? Sounds like he has a man's sexual urges and just acts on them. But mentally he isn't very old. He should have been in a lock down facility where he couldn't hurt anyone :furious:
Bobbisangel, where are you seeing the mother and the poi? I looked at all the links and can't find a pic.

englishleigh said:
He didn't know Christopher's mom's criminal record???? Or the POI's mother's criminal record?? I am confused. If he means Christopher's mom, sounds like doesn't know her very well to have fathered a child with her.
The missing child's mothers record.

cdt0283 said:
From Jacksonville's First Coast News

BRUNSWICK, GA -- Police in Glynn County have received information from two people who claim they know where to find the body of Christopher Barrios.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=77813
Here's some of the information from that article:

Police arrested the father of George Edenfield, the sex offender who has been in jail since Friday and a prime suspect in Barrios' disappearance, and another man who has not been identified. The two are charged with obstruction of a police officer, giving false statements and concealing the death of another person.
Earlier Tuesday, authorities arrested George Edenfield's mother, Peggy, on the same charges. George

I ran a check on George Edenfield, but not sure if both or just one of these are him, not much info:

Name EDENFIELD,GEORGE PATRICK Sex MALE Race WHITE Eye Color Hazel Hair Color Brown Height 511 Weight 155 Identifying Scars/Marks/Tatoos Birth Date 00/00/1971 Age Case Or ID Number 525972 Charge AGGRAV CHILD MOLESTATION,CHILD MOLESTATION

Name EDENFIELD,GEORGE DAVID Sex MALE Race WHITE Eye Color Hair Color Height Weight Identifying Scars/Marks/Tatoos Birth Date 00/00/1975 Age Case Or ID Number 0000932761 Charge CHILD MOLE

One is George Patrick one is George David, one born in 71 other 75.....?

Four people have now been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a young boy from Brunswick, but still no sign of Christopher Barrios.
Late Tuesday night, police in Glynn County received new information from two individuals claiming to know the location of Barrios' body.

Authorities brought in a helicopter with infrared technology and cadaver dogs to search an area about a mile down the road from where Barrios was last seen, but nothing came of the search.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=77813

Dear god its a family affair now.. the whole now participates in the abduction, abuse, and death of a child .. what the h*## is wrong withour society that there are "families" like this? :furious: :furious:

0739184912_christopher_barrios.jpg

Such a beautiful smile . . .

http://www.comcast.net/news/nationa...&fn=/2007/03/14/610128.html&cvqh=itn_faketips

SAVANNAH, Ga. - Authorities searched Wednesday for a 6-year-old boy who vanished after he went out to play nearly a week earlier, and police arrested two men on charges they lied to investigators by claiming to have buried the child's body.

David Edenfield and Donald Dale were charged after leading officers during the night to a spot where they said the boy was buried near the mobile home park.

"They took them out to show them where the body was buried, but they could not locate the body," said Capt. Jim Nazzrie. "We don't know whether they're just telling crazy lies or if they know something."

Edenfield is the father of a convicted sex offender considered a suspect in the boy's disappearance, Nazzrie said. George David Edenfield lives across the street from the boy's grandmother, and has told police he played a role in abducting Christopher Michael Barrios who disappeared March 8...

On Monday, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation issued a Levi's Call, the state's equivalent of an Amber Alert, for Christopher. Typically, that's only done in a known child abduction case.

"The only thing that makes any sense is he was abducted," Police Chief Matt Doering said Tuesday.

Investigators say tips from George David Edenfield and his mother also have failed to lead them to the boy.

The younger Edenfield has been jailed on charges he violated his probation, which prohibits him from contact with children under 18. His mother, Peggy Edenfield, has also been arrested on charges of giving false statements to police.

"He's made four, five or six different statements, all conflicting," Doering said Tuesday...

Rodriguez said she had warned her grandson to stay away from the Edenfield home after she found her neighbor's name on Georgia's online sex offender registry.

"I told him, 'Christopher, they're not nice people. Stay away from them,'" Rodriguez said.

He is so adorable. My heart breaks for him. :(

As my grandma would say, "I don't understand how anyone could hurt those precious children."

laini said:
"Stay away from them." Hmmm. He was six years old, right? :silenced:
I guess I am overprotective.
I'm with you Laini! :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :doh: :doh: :doh: :crazy:

christine2448 said:
I'm with you Laini! :silenced: :silenced: :silenced: :doh: :doh: :doh: :crazy:

Me too. We live in a pretty safe area, but my six year old is never allowed out alone. If I knew there was a family of sex offenders around the corner...I can't imagine.

Me too!! And if the grandmother KNEW the guy was a sex offender, why did she let her grandson out alone?? I truly don't understand that! And he was SIX!!! This was a grown man we're talking about. This little boy couldn't have defended himself against a grown man!!

I don't understand people. :furious:

Police: Suspect's Father, Friend 'Confessed' to Burying Missing Boy, But There's No Body

BRUNSWICK, Ga. — The father of the prime suspect in the disappearance of a 6-year-old boy "confessed to burying" the child with the help of a friend, but all that a daylong high-tech search for a body produced were charges that the two men and the suspect's mother had led police on a wild goose chase.Glynn County police arrested David Edenfield, father of George Edenfield, 32, a convicted sex offender who was taken into custody on unrelated charges of violating his parole, which requires him to register properly as a sex offender and prohibits contact with anyone under 18 years of age, Police Capt. Jim Nazzrie told FOXNews.com.

George Edenfield is a suspect in the investigation of the disappearance of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios, Nazzrie confirmed. Barrios vanished last Thursday night near his home in Brunswick, Ga.

Nazzrie said George Edenfield had been a "person of concern" until Wednesday.

Also arrested was Donald Dale, described as an Edenfield family friend. George Edenfield's mother, Peggy, was taken into custody on Monday.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258710,00.html

These people are just crazy. They are leading the police on a wild goose chase. I hope the police have checked out their homes because I'd hate to think this sweet little boy was being held there and nobody had found him while they are all in jail. I don't hold out a lot of hope, but I sure do wish they would find him somewhere alive. :(

Shamrock said:
Me too!! And if the grandmother KNEW the guy was a sex offender, why did she let her grandson out alone?? I truly don't understand that! And he was SIX!!! This was a grown man we're talking about. This little boy couldn't have defended himself against a grown man!!

I don't understand people. :furious:
Those were my thoughts when I read that. Such a precious little boy. I'm praying for a miracle.

Just keep praying, that is our only hope right now, a miracle from God!

This was posted 56 minutes ago on first coast:

First Coast News reported first at 5:00 p.m. that authorities re-entered a trailer belonging to convicted sex offender George Edenfield. Edenfield is in jail for violating probation.

His mother, Peggy, is in jail for obstruction of officer, giving false statements and concealing the death of another person. Edenfield's father is also behind bars.

Police arrested David Edenfield and family friend Donald Dale late Tuesday night on similar charges.

Authorities wouldn't identify the item found in the Edenfield trailer. They would only say it is related to the case.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=77852&provider=top

Investigators also say a teenaged girl saw a boy matching Christopher's description at an area Dollar General store sometime Sunday. The girl told police a white man with a pony tail was with the boy.

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is bringing in a sketch artist to work on a composite sketch of the potential suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back