GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to Fox News and WAWSFox 30, GBI officials confirm that the body of missing 6 year old Christopher Barrios has been found about 2 miles from his home on the property of an airport there. He was found lying on the ground w/a covering on him.
I am so sad for this little boy. I believe it said "suspect to be charged w/murder", referring to George Edenfield. Check breaking news for more info.
Another special little child gone, and the emptiness hurts. There is a space in this world left vacant. I pray for the family.
Leann

I also posted this on the Up to the Minute thread. Just a heads up to all of you who have been praying for this little boy. He was found lying under a covering near an airport about 2 miles from his home. GBI confirms it was him. Murder charges pending against the four suspects.
Sooo sad.

Jaded said:
You and me both! How many children have to be killed before our government stands up and puts in place stricter laws to protect them? How does this "family friend" come into play? Seriously, are they all mental? What the he** is wrong with people?

Something is seriously wrong with that family. No doubt the son turned out the way he did. I have to wonder if he did the molesting and the rest of the tribe did the murder and discarding of Christopher. Obviously they were trying to hide the body and alluded to other places. Those sub morons probably thought no body, no crime.

They get me sick.

Prayers for Cristopher's family and justice for Christopher.

This is heartbreaking news. I so hoped that this beautiful little boy would be found alive. I hope they hang all 4 of those perverts. They lied and lied about where Christopher was. Hard to believe that a whole family could be so evil plus their friend. It is just sickening.

Oh, that beautiful little child. I had so hoped he would be found alive. I cannot believe those idiots would do this to a little boy.

Did I hear right (Catherine Crier show-but just heard a snippet) that the RSO-suspect is "mentally challenged"? Here we go again. :behindbar

He really was a beautiful little boy. I so hoped he would be found alive. Very sad.

Unfortunately, once again I am reminded of the people in that trailer who harbored John Couey in the Lunsford case. Yes, I hope that the other 3 adults in the trailer are charged this time, not allowed to get off as easily as those people did w/Jessica.

It hurts so much to imagine that monster hurting this little angel and his parents/friend helping to do so or to cover it up. My heart just breaks.

christine2448 said:
Yeah...they have said this from day one. Have heard the parents are a little on the slow side too.
Oh, thanks. I did not know that till now.:blushing:

Taximom said:
Oh, thanks. I did not know that till now.:blushing:
Your quick, I was adding this to my post, but you had already quoted it! ;)

FOX affiliate WAWS reported that authorities Monday night searched the trailer of convicted sex offender George Edenfield, a 32-year-old man with the mental capacity of a 5-year-old. He lives in the same neighborhood as the Barrios family.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258495,00.html

Don't be embarrassed, LOL! There are so many cases and stories on here it's easy to miss, forget, whatever....there is no honest way to keep up with it all! So sad, how many missing, molested, murdered, my head just spins when I try to grasp the numbers.

christine2448 said:
Your quick, I was adding this to my post, but you had already quoted it! ;)

FOX affiliate WAWS reported that authorities Monday night searched the trailer of convicted sex offender George Edenfield, a 32-year-old man with the mental capacity of a 5-year-old. He lives in the same neighborhood as the Barrios family.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258495,00.html

Don't be embarrassed, LOL! There are so many cases and stories on here it's easy to miss, forget, whatever....there is no honest way to keep up with it all! So sad, how many missing, molested, murdered, my head just spins when I try to grasp the numbers.
Aw, thanks. Sometimes I've seen others jumped on (not much though) here if they don't keep up w/the facts. :blowkiss:

My head is really spinning this week it seems, what with all the fathers killing themselves AND their children, the abused sweeties that end up dead at the hands of evil parents, the murdered girlfriends...it just goes on and on. :furious:

I have been following this in lurker mode...been watching the Couey trial and haven't posted much.

After just watching that trial, this entire things smells of a copycat to me. It is eerily similiar to what went on in Jessica Lunsford case. This scurvy family and thier friend covering for this monster and he was found buried. It's like they were watching his trial and said hey let's go do that.
It's possible though that I am just jaded from watching the trial and that this is the M.O. of all sickos. I dunno.

It's ironic that just yesterday Sheriff Dawsy with the Lunsford case warned parents to "Beware, There are more Coueys out there" ...and then this.
:(

Prayers to his family. Poor little guy. This HAS to stop!

I think what bothers me MOST about this one is that Christopher's family KNEW about the problem, and STILL this happens. That is absurd to me. I'm not blaming them at all, but geez. He was 6 years old.

Argh.

leann coburn said:
Unfortunately, once again I am reminded of the people in that trailer who harbored John Couey in the Lunsford case. Yes, I hope that the other 3 adults in the trailer are charged this time, not allowed to get off as easily as those people did w/Jessica.

It hurts so much to imagine that monster hurting this little angel and his parents/friend helping to do so or to cover it up. My heart just breaks.
ajc.com reporting all 4 will be charged with murder.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Missing_Boy.html

I was hoping so bad this wouldnt be the outcome for this family. I need to read up on this story here because I cant understand why they would let him be out by himself at six years old let alone with known child molestors around. . My prayers are with his family and vengeance for the murderers.

How horrible. He was 6 years old. There is no punishment severe enough for those responsible. This reminds me too much of Jessica Lunsford.

Taximom said:
I think what bothers me MOST about this one is that Christopher's family KNEW about the problem, and STILL this happens. That is absurd to me. I'm not blaming them at all, but geez. He was 6 years old.

Argh.

It is frustrating, especially b/c you feel so much for the stress that the Walsh, Lunsford, Klaas, and other families have gone through to get laws passed to protect kids. In this case, the boy's family knew of the danger. LE knew of the danger. The man is clearly incapacitated and needs to be supervised at least as closely as the child should have been.

Apparently, unless the RSO is locked up for life, our kids are not safe. That's what it boils down to. I don't know how you predict it or how the lines should be drawn so that the "Romeo and Juliet" cases don't get wrapped up with the predators, but something has to be done. This is a nightmare for everyone who cares about children, but especially parents of young kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbhe224
Back