GUILTY GA - Christopher Barrios, 6, murdered, Glynn County, 8 March 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the news tonight it said that more than one item owned by Christopher was found a the mobile home. I think one thing was his toy but don't know what else they found.

What is wrong with those fools....that whole family and their friend are nuts. Do they want to be in the media or something or are they looking for attention? I hope so. Maybe there is a chance that Christopher with the beautiful smile and eyes is still alive.

I wonder if LE searched the house of that friend that they have in jail now? I would hope that they have anyway. Does this crazy family have any other friends that may be holding little Christopher?

I hope and pray that this little guy is alive but even if he is found alive that whole crazy family needs to be locked away.

About to have an update on FNC, and as they went to commercial, they said that police DO think Christopher is alive!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
englishleigh said:
About to have an update on FNC, and as they went to commercial, they said that police DO think Christopher is alive!!!!!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

christine2448 said:

I know...and maybe I missed the story they were going to have but I haven't heard anything else...but they DID say that the belief right now is that Chris is alive, there is NO evidence that he is dead, and they are still calling it a search and rescue.

Anything new??? Is he believed to be alive?

laini said:
Anything new??? Is he believed to be alive?

That's the last thing I heard this morning, Laini...about 2-3 hours ago...have heard no other updates.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/031507/geo_8630390.shtml

spacer.gif
L1_header_box_cap.gif
Jose Rodriguez leans by a sign asking for help finding his grandson painted on the tailgate of a pick up truck in front of his home in the Canal Mobile Home Park in Brunswick, Georgia.
CHRIS VIOLA
Last modified Thu., March 15, 2007 - 08:53 AM
Originally created Thursday, March 15, 2007

Police seize 3 shovels in case of missing boy

4 in custody are considered 'suspects'

By JEFF BRUMLEY and TERESA STEPZINSKI, The Times-Union

BRUNSWICK - Police bagged and removed three shovels Wednesday from a shed and porch at a house owned by David Edenfield, one of four people arrested in the March 8 disappearance of 6-year-old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr.

Tenants told officers and the Times-Union that Edenfield, 58, his wife, Peggy, 57, and their son, convicted sex offender George D. Edenfield, placed several boxes in the shed Sunday night. The tenants also said David Edenfield had put a shovel on the front porch of the home Friday, the day after the boy disappeared.

Glynn County police investigators spent about 30 minutes in the late afternoon searching a small wooden shed behind the home at 2122 Union St. Records list the Union Street home as the Edenfields' residence until May.

Police then returned with "an extended search warrant" to the Edenfields' mobile home in the same park from which Christopher disappeared.

Searchers from the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center and the Glynn County Police Department comb a field a half mile from the Canal Mobile Home Park in search of clues to the disappearance of 6 year old Christopher Michael Barrios Jr. in Brunswick, Georgia.
CHRIS VIOLA
Glynn County police Chief Matt Doering said investigators found multiple items they were looking for but would not say what they were.

Doering also said about 5 p.m. that police had David Edenfield and Donald Dale in an area a half-mile from the Canal Mobile Home Park, trying to find "locations of interest." They did not find anything during the search, the chief said.

Doering said police were planning to search several hours into Wednesday night with hand-held infrared devices.

David and Peggy Edenfield and Dale each have been charged with concealing a death, obstruction of an officer and making a false statement to police in the case, Doering said. Dale, 34, lives in the 1900 block of Reynolds Street. George Edenfield has been charged with violating his probation by living in close proximity of children under age 18.

"All four of them are considered suspects," Doering said.

Christopher was last seen about 6:15 p.m. March 8 as he walked toward his home. He disappeared after he left a swing set in a friend's yard, where he had been playing alone.

John Ozell, who said he rents the Union Street house from David Edenfield, said only Edenfield has keys to the shed. Ozell and his wife, Janice Richardson, have lived in the home for approximately three months. However, they said, the Edenfield family still stopped by often, including over the weekend. "The daddy, the mom and the son were all here Sunday night," Richardson said. "They put some boxes in the shed."

I hope they find him. My heart will break if he's not alive. Why are people so damn selfish?

Dena said:
I hope they find him. My heart will break if he's not alive. Why are people so damn selfish?

Since the Edenfields have been charged with concealing a death, it sure doesn't look good. Sick, sick people.

03/15/07
[font=Verdana,Arial]Possible New Evidence in Barrios Disappearance[/font]

The search still continues for missing 6-year-old Christopher Barrios Jr. Crews continued to search through the night with night vision goggles, and while they have not yet found him, there are some new leads.

Brunswick police have executed another search warrant at the home where three of their suspects live. They have already arrested David and Peggy Edenfield, their son George and family friend Donnie Dale.

Police say the four told them they know where Christopher is but haven't been able to lead police back to that location. When police searched the home yesterday, they may have found something inside that could help in their investigation.

Glynn County police chief Matt Doering told WTOC, "Under the law, there's a narrow scope of what we can seize. If we saw it before, it didn't register. But with what they've told us, it became more crucial now".

More at link: http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6231393

Glynn County police chief Matt Doering told WTOC, "Under the law, there's a narrow scope of what we can seize. If we saw it before, it didn't register. But with what they've told us, it became more crucial now".
Chief Doering would not comment on what the item was. He says today they'll use a sonar equipped airplane that measures soil density and can detect shallow holes like graves.

http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6231393

Gosh, it almost sounds more like possible "location" or "means" type evidence than say something specifically related to Christopher. Dirt? Mud? those shovels?

FNC reporting they have found little Chris Barrios dead. :*(

I want to know what kind of family assists their child predator of a son to hide a child's body? Is there any new information? I just heard on NG that the boy's body was found.

Has the world gone mad? It seems that evil is around every corner these days. How could anyone harm such a precious child? I'm beyond sickened.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You and me both! How many children have to be killed before our government stands up and puts in place stricter laws to protect them? How does this "family friend" come into play? Seriously, are they all mental? What the he** is wrong with people?

That poor sweet baby! God bless him. I hate that his parents are going through this, but he should never have been allowed to roam around by himself, especially if they knew there were perverts around!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume
Back