GA - Daniel Aaron 31, & Kristen McDevitt 30, fatally stabbed, CCTV, Atlanta, 22 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe the officer narrating the video said the POI was inside the apartment for about 90 minutes (or something close to that).
Yes. The video shows POI leaving the hallway (I don't actually see entering apt) around 6:46pm & leaving w/safe around 8:11 pm IIRC. LE arrive or are dispatched at 9:26pm after call from concerned friend(s) according to MSM. Would love to know what prompted such a great concern & LE discovering the victims so quickly. There may be info LE has that will not be released so the investigation won't be compromised IMO.

Yes. The video shows POI leaving the hallway (I don't actually see entering apt) around 6:46pm & leaving w/safe around 8:11 pm IIRC. LE arrive or are dispatched at 9:26pm after call from concerned friend(s) according to MSM. Would love to know what prompted such a great concern & LE discovering the victims so quickly. There may be info LE has that will not be released so the investigation won't be compromised IMO.
ITA that LE has information they are not releasing. We don't know the victims were discovered quickly, do we? Maybe I've already forgotten some details, but we only know they were found soon after this person on video was let into their apartment. We don't know how long the victims were incapacitated. They could have been held hostage/tortured for some time in an attempt to get into the safe. I would guess that carrying a safe away was not part of any original plan.

Wondering if the couple might have encountered the perp. at an exercise class of some sort, like weight lifting? speculation, imo.
Who Was Kristen Mcdevitt From Atlanta? Daniel Aaron Murder and Stabbing Case - Wiki
rbbm.
''According to the Investigation team, a man was allowed inside the couple’s home. He had stayed there for a substantial amount of time before killing them.

Mcdevitt has been identified as a member of Turn Cycling Studio in Sandy Springs. She was a regular client at the studio according to the owners.

She has been described as a woman with colorful hair and a vibrant personality. Other friends have described her as a fun-loving girl.

Mcdevitt is seen active on Instagram with handmade @kmcdev. However, her account with 963 followers has remained on private terms.

Reports suggest that she is a freelance artist and textile designer. If her LinkedIn details are true, she had attended the Savannah College of Art and Design.

Meanwhile, we are unable to identify her husband Daniel Aaron on the social media platform. He has been reported as a 31-year-old white male.''

This is when I noticed what looks to me like *advertiser censored*, definitely looks female to me. Who were they texting and why were they wondering around
Per the AtlPD Lt/ Homicide Commander, who narrates the video of suspect, the POI is unable to gain access inside the bldg from the garage door near the victims' apt. & begins texting. Then POI is seen walking thru the parking garage & is buzzed in to another door by someone in the victims' apt. IMO someone was giving the POI instructions on how to reach the apt from the PG. Whether the instructions came from the victims or someone else, they must not have known that 1st door was secured. I have been in apt bldgs like this one b4 & it's like being in a maze. Everything looks the same except some residents put out unique doormats to make it easier to find their apt. JMOexperience.

ITA that LE has information they are not releasing. We don't know the victims were discovered quickly, do we? Maybe I've already forgotten some details, but we only know they were found soon after this person on video was let into their apartment. We don't know how long the victims were incapacitated. They could have been held hostage/tortured for some time in an attempt to get into the safe. I would guess that carrying a safe away was not part of any original plan.
Totally agree. Also adding that IMO it's unfortunate that the video stops b4 showing whether or not the suspect picks up the safe after throwing it over & then climbing over the fence outside.

Only a little over an hour between the suspect leaving and police arriving? Quite odd. Sounds to me like the friend who called the police was nervous that something like this might happen... But why?

The Missy Bevers case comes to mind, though I'm sure they're unrelated. Suspect of indeterminate gender, waiting around beforehand, not bothering avoiding cameras, odd gait.

I wonder if stealing the safe was the goal or if it was just incidental. It seems like the suspect would have had a better plan for removing it if that's the reason they were there. Then again, they went to a good bit of effort to remove it, so it would seem that it was pretty important to them to risk the impediment it posed to their getaway.

That short time span you mention ArmchairDefective (Ha, just noticed the f) really has me wondering. Did LE find the apt door open/unlocked? Did they forcibly enter? I read in KMc's obit that she had a dog. Was the dog barking? JMO but there seems to be something more to it.
The MB case so similar, wow.
The safe. Someone would need to have knowledge of it, what was in it, to take the risk lugging it down the hall at 8:15 pm IMO.

WATCH: Atlanta police release video of suspect in deadly double stabbing
WPNQ5QJ425CT3LJD2KMFNWAMBU.JPG

Credit: Atlanta Police Department

Crime & Public Safety
By Henri Hollis, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Dec 6, 2021 ribm.
"The suspect, who Woolfolk referred to as a man, stayed inside the couple’s apartment for about an hour and a half before leaving with a large safe in his arms.''

''The video starts by showing the man in the parking deck of Aaron and McDevitt’s complex, the Camden Vantage Apartments located at 180 Jackson Street. Dressed in dark pants and a dark hoodie, white shirt, dark hat and surgical mask, the man waits by a door for a few minutes, texting on his cellphone. He then walks to a different entrance, where he is buzzed in and next seen in the apartment complex’s hallways just before 6:45 p.m.

After locating the apartment where Aaron and McDevitt lived, he is let in and stays there for more than an hour, Woolfolk said in the video. The man is next seen when he leaves the apartment at 8:15 p.m., carrying the large safe. He walks quickly, appearing to slightly struggle with the weight of the safe. The man also put on blue surgical gloves at some point while inside the apartment.

The surveillance footage shows the man exiting the apartment building into a courtyard, where he pushes the safe over a fence. He then climbs the fence and jumps down to the other side before disappearing from the video.''

Gold chain (or is that a logo) on his shirt? I think it might be a pendant.

Also, if not wearing gloves on the way in (actually, I can’t tell), wouldn’t prints possibly be on the first door he tried? He seems to be gloveless, with phone in right hand

Last edited:
I’m just kind of catching up. I don’t see a female physique in the video. That looks like a male to me. In the frame where the suspect is leaving the door to outside you get a quick look at an angle from slightly behind and to the side. It is hard to make out but my eyes tell me this is a man with a short man bun.

Clearly the backpack has been switched out to a different one, so perp DNA is available from his original backpack if he left it at the scene.

He walks in from footage in parking garage with what is clearly a black backpack. When leaving and going over fence, that is clearly a different backpack with the large main pouch being light grey or whitish in colour with white and red colour-block sections on the straps. The pack he went in with was all-black.

Was his original backpack left at the scene of the crime?

Clearly the backpack has been switched out to a different one, so perp DNA is available from his original backpack if he left it at the scene.

He walks in from footage in parking garage with what is clearly a black backpack. When leaving and going over fence, that is clearly a different backpack with the large main pouch being light grey or whitish in colour with white and red colour-block sections on the straps. The pack he went in with was all-black.

Was his original backpack left at the scene of the crime?

I think there is in fact a shirt or something draped over it when he enters. That could be a deliberate attempt to change his visual profile.

That red really looks like blood to me, particularly as it's just one one strap.

Also, I don't know if anybody's mentioned it, but the surgical gloves scream "premeditated."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker
Back