GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
49032806E.jpg

I don't feel they have him at the scene as it was happening. $100=1 gram of cut product . A low grade pain killer,and some weed. To many unanswered questions.

I really think his bloody prints do him in.

ITA! That cannot be explained away. There are no blood spatters of the victims on this document. Only his bloody palm and pinkie print INSIDE of a drawer in the bedroom. The blood of Rusty Toler Sr. would have to be fresh for his prints to be found in his blood.

Plus his stupid bald face lies he told while trying to cover his *advertiser censored*.

He has no alibi during hours he could and did murder these people. Only after he murdered them did he try to set up belated alibis.

He is conveniently in a 'fog' about his whereabouts from 12:30 am until he starts trying to establish alibis.

If the jury looks at the totality of the evidence..........link by link, by link, by link, by link, tying him to these crimes, they will do the right thing and find him guilty. It is there as plain as the nose on their face. If they don't, then there will be another injustice among many cases nowadays where a freakin killer walks away free. I pray that is not the case.

I really think his bloody prints do him in.

I might have had they tested his hands for blood ,but they didn't so I think it is possiable he took the weed that was found in the car from that drawer.It was the same room Micheal was found in with Toler Sr so his blood was all over the room. Had it been blood splatter or even drips but it was transfer and it wasn't dripping with blood. It doesn't prove he was there during the murder . Just that he touched that paper .

Otherwise If he took it before that morning and did it right after he killed them I don't think he would have came home until he did every drug he had. He wouldn't have took it back to the crime scene for sure. That would have been stupid ,and if he was that stupid IMO (he did some dumb things) There would have been much more evidence that he did commit this crime.

Now why were the phone pings not admitted into evidence?

I might have had they tested his hands for blood ,but they didn't so I think it is possiable he took the weed that was found in the car from that drawer.It was the same room Micheal was found in with Toler Sr so his blood was all over the room. Had it been blood splatter or even drips but it was transfer and it wasn't dripping with blood. It doesn't prove he was there during the murder . Just that he touched that paper .

Otherwise If he took it before that morning and did it right after he killed them I don't think he would have came home until he did every drug he had. He wouldn't have took it back to the crime scene for sure. That would have been stupid ,and if he was that stupid IMO (he did some dumb things) There would have been much more evidence that he did commit this crime.

Now why were the phone pings not admitted into evidence?

He was loaded with pot, MTs meds, and crack. All three was found in his system. You can tell he is stoned in his 911 call.

So he already had this in his system when he 'returned' to find them.

Well it is obvious that we haven't been given full details of all that was entered. We never even heard the location of the bloody prints of his until yesterday. LE did testify even though the cell phone had no minutes left on it someone attempted to make a call around 3:30 in the morning. We know now who had possession of that cell phone that had West's blood on it which means the murders had already happened when the cell phone was put in the vehicle the suspect was driving. So I think more evidence was entered about the cell phone than we are aware.

He was loaded with pot, MTs meds, and crack. You can tell he is stoned in his 911 call.

So he already had this in his system when he 'returned' to find them.

Well it is obvious that we haven't been given full details of all that was entered. We never even heard the location of the bloody prints of his until yesterday. LE did testify even though the cell phone had no minutes left on it someone attempted to make a call around 3:30 in the morning. We know now who had possession of that cell phone that had West's blood on it which means the murders had already happened when the cell phone was put in the vehicle the suspect was driving. So I think more evidence was entered about the cell phone that we are aware.

Michelle used the house phone to make a call that night .

He also says in his LE interview played in court he used a cell phone to call 911.
It is impossible he took the phone that morning he either had it or he murdered them.
The blood on the phone isn't as important as the 330 call and its pings . It was a transfer , to put it at the crime we need splatters.

I think had the investigators investigated this correctly we might of known for sure . As it stands now being a drugged up liar doesn't make one a murderer. He might have done it but it might not of been him. I feel like the state should have presented a better case. To many hops ,and most of the evidence is riddled with opinion and not fact.

He could have had the phone the whole time if he did why no ping info ,I hope they have it in court. If they do then that will have shown where he , or more importantly the phone was and should have nailed him but since the reporter hasn't mentioned that and it would be huge so I don't think it was entered as evidence.

Michelle used the house phone to make a call that night .

He also says in his LE interview played in court he used a cell phone to call 911.
It is impossible he took the phone that morning he either had it or he murdered them.
The blood on the phone isn't as important as the 330 call and its pings . It was a transfer , to put it at the crime we need splatters.

I think had the investigators investigated this correctly we might of known for sure . As it stands now being a drugged up liar doesn't make one a murderer. He might have done it but it might not of been him. I feel like the state should have presented a better case. To many hops ,and most of the evidence is riddled with opinion and not fact.

He could have had the phone the whole time if he did why no ping info ,I hope they have it in court. If they do then that will have shown where he , or more importantly the phone was and should have nailed him but since the reporter hasn't mentioned that and it would be huge so I don't think it was entered as evidence.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it seriously.

Dickson never once mentioned during the trial that his bloody palm print and finger print was located on a document found inside of a drawer and that was huge. That only came out yesterday when he was doing a synopsis of closing arguments. So would he have definitely mentioned the pings? I highly doubt it.

With long long days of continuous testimony in this case there is absolutely no way a blogger can include everything that was testified to in depth.

IMO

9:20 a.m.

BRUNSWICK | Judge Stephen Kelly opened court at 9:05 a.m. Thursday just long enough to tell lawyers in Guy Heinze Jr.'s death penalty murder trial that he was instructing the eight-woman, four-man to resume deliberations.

The sequestered jury deliberated about seven hours Wednesday before stopping about 9 p.m. on the eighth day of the trial.

Heinze, 27, has been in custody since Aug. 29, 2009, when he reported he had found his father and seven others dead in a single-wide mobile home north of Brunswick where 10 people lived.

He is charged with eight counts of malice murder in the deaths of his father, Guy Heinze Sr., 45; Russell D. Toler Sr., 44; Toler’s children, Russell D. Toler Jr.; 20, Chrissy Toler, 22; Michael Toler, 19; Michelle Toler, 15; Chrissy Toler’s boyfriend, Joseph West, 30; and the senior Toler’s sister, Brenda Gail Falagan, 49.

He is charged with aggravated assault with intent to murder in the beating of Byron Jimerson, now 7, and violation of the Georgia Controlled Substances Act, a felony, and a misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana.

About four hours into their deliberations Wednesday the jury returned to the courtroom to view two videotapes, one an interrogation of Heinze, and to hear an audiotape.

Terry Dickson: (912) 264-0405

http://members.jacksonville.com/bre.../live-blog-jury-back-work-guy-heinze-jr-trial

Erica Rakow ‏@WJXTEricaRakow 3m
Anchoring @wjxt4 at noon. Tune in to hear what's going on w/jury deliberations in Guy Henize Jr. case. @WJXTPulliam is LIVE from Brunswick

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 3m
Just in: #Heinze jury is going to lunch for one hour. They will not deliberate during this time. @wjxt4

Savannah Daily News ‏@SavDailyNews 17 Oct
Fingerprint expert states there was a bloody print on the headboard at the crime scene that was NOT Guy Heinze's or anyone's living there.

- Someone made two calls at 3:45 a.m. and at 3:48 a.m. on Michelle Tolar’s (15 years of age) cell phone. It was the type purchased at a convenience market to which one can add minutes. She was found on a mattress in the same bedroom as Joseph L. West (30), her sister Christy Tolar (22) and a three-year old child. In previous testimony, a blood expert said that the blood on the phone was that of Joseph L. West.

The call was made first to * and then to 958#. Officer William Daras said that he tried to figure out to whom the calls were made. (Court observers, however, believe that there is also the possibility that she (or someone else) was calling to get their voice mail messages...that 958# was the passcode – but this was not presented by the Prosecution or Defense.)

- The Defense tried unsuccessfully again to get a sheet of paper thrown out as evidence which has a bloody finger print on it of Russell Tolar, Sr. It was severly damaged in the DNA testing process by the GBI Crime Lab in Savannah, despite a court order not to do any testing that would destroy evidence in this case. All that remains are small bits of paper now, which have been shown to the jury. The Defense contends they cannot perform tests by their own experts.

The Prosecution has a photograph taken of the document in its original state, but they can say where it was found in the home. And, it does not appear in any of the crime scene photos. "I scoured every photograph," said Officer William Daras." And, and is not specifically listed on the evidence lists the department prepared, contends Hamilton.

What is actually on the document has not been discussed in open court.
http://www.brunswickdailynews.com/C...the-Guy-Heinze--Jr--murder-trial/47/310/41843

I don't think I knew these things.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 13m
Jury foreman says the jury is hung on certain counts @wjxt4 Counts 1-9 #heinze

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 13m
Jurors have reached a verdict on counts 10 and 11 #heinze @wjxt4

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 11m
#Heinze Trial: Counts 1-8, Malice Murder. Count 9, Aggravated Assault with the intent to murder @wjxt4 Jury is hung on these counts.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 2m
Judge Scarlett told jury to go back and deliberate on counts 1-9. Their vote on these counts is 9-3. @wjxt4 #heinze

Savannah Daily News ‏@SavDailyNews 17 Oct
Fingerprint expert states there was a bloody print on the headboard at the crime scene that was NOT Guy Heinze's or anyone's living there.

http://www.brunswickdailynews.com/C...the-Guy-Heinze--Jr--murder-trial/47/310/41843

I don't think I knew these things.

I remember some squabble in one of the hearings early on about the DNA testing being done on the document with Toler Srs DNA on it. The Judge allowed the test results and document to come in because, Knox, who was called in very early on for the defense (within days), was present at the time of the testing at the GBI lab. Which is proper procedure in a situation where the sample leftover is small. I think it is much ado about nothing. There were hundreds of items that the DT could have tested. They selected to test nothing.

I found this part very interesting though. So at 5:45 am he only has the gym shorts on but when the police arrive on the scene he is dressed in a shirt and tan shorts over the black gym shorts. So that means he changed into different clothing at some point. So he is not only putting a shotgun in Rusty Jrs car........he is changing his clothing sometime after 5:45 am.

When the Police told him that they had a store video of him around 5:45 a.m., but he was only wearing the gym shorts - and with the black side visible - he said that he must have had the Khakis in the car. “I was really messed up, Man,” (on drugs) he told Police repeatedly. He has also made verbal statements to the police that he had initially thought he was going over to see a girl that night.

IMO

Savannah Daily News ‏@SavDailyNews 14m
Guy Heinze, Jr. jury is hung, per foreman on murder and assault counts 1 through 9. Vote is 9 to 3 vote. Judge told them to continue delibs

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 4s
Ct. 10 - Poss. of Scheduled 4 controlled substance (propoxyphene) Ct. 11 - Poss. of Marijuana. #heinze @wjxt4 jury has decided on these cts.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 4s
Ct. 10 - Poss. of Scheduled 4 controlled substance (propoxyphene) Ct. 11 - Poss. of Marijuana. #heinze @wjxt4 jury has decided on these cts.

I would rather they hang the case than let that damn man walk free when he wiped out his entire family for drugs, money and Rusty Jr.s car.

If they are hung in favor of guilt by 9 to 3 then the DA will try the case again and he needs to ask for a COV and get this case out of that small tiny town of 18K into a more sophisticated mainstream town with more worldly jurors to pick from.

Just like they did when the trial was moved to Marietta from there when Elkins' murdered toddler, Antonio Santiago.

IMO

thanks again to you few who are keeping this thread current, with news and comments. I really appreciate reading here. Can't say much because I am not as versed as you in all of the details and findings of these murders, but from what I have read and understand, we can all agree this was an absolutely horrible and senseless crime (to put it mildly) and these folks deserve justice.

And I say often: professional jurors. We needs em!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey
Back