GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 7m
Jury wants to watch the video of investigators walking through bloody murder scene again @wjxt4 #heinze. Jury is entering court.

Savannah Daily News ‏@SavDailyNews 7m
Guy Heinze jury, still hung at 9-3, has asked to see State's exhibit #9, the walk through of the crime scene.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 1m
Jurors are leaning forward watching the video. Victim's family and mother in court. She has tissue in her hand. #sad @wjxt4 #heinze trial.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 4m
This is so graphic #heinze trial. All I can say is we are looking at video of a filthy home with bodies on the floor and bed. @wjxt4

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 5m
Jury has left the courtroom. Back to deliberating. @wjxt4 #Heinze trial. Victim's family are troopers for watching this again.

2:40 p.m.

The jury in Guy Heinze Jr.'s death penalty murder trial told Judge Stephen Scarlett Thursday it is deadlocked 9-3 on the eight malice murder and one aggravated assault charges.

The foreman of the eight-woman, four-man jury told Scarlett it had reached a verdict on the felony charge of violating the Georgia Controlled Substances Act and a misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana.

"Is it your opinion you are hopelessly deadlocked,'' or could further deliberations be fruitful, Scarlett asked he foreman.

When the foreman hesitated to answer, Scarlett told the jury to discuss the matter and advise him.

They went back to the jury room but returned to the courtroom at 2:30 p.m. to watch a videotaped walkthrough of the crime scene, a mobile home where, Heinze had told police, he came home early Saturday morning on Aug. 29, 2009, and found his whole family beaten to death. There was, however, one survivor, Byron Jimerson, who was 3 at the time.

Officials said that should a mistrial be declared on the nine more serious charges, the verdicts on the two drug charges would still be valid.

The maximum penalty on the felony drug charge is five years and the penalty on the misdemeanor charge is one year.

http://members.jacksonville.com/bre.../live-blog-jury-back-work-guy-heinze-jr-trial

2:40 p.m.

The jury in Guy Heinze Jr.'s death penalty murder trial told Judge Stephen Scarlett Thursday it is deadlocked 9-3 on the eight malice murder and one aggravated assault charges.

The foreman of the eight-woman, four-man jury told Scarlett it had reached a verdict on the felony charge of violating the Georgia Controlled Substances Act and a misdemeanor count of possession of marijuana.

"Is it your opinion you are hopelessly deadlocked,'' or could further deliberations be fruitful, Scarlett asked he foreman.

When the foreman hesitated to answer, Scarlett told the jury to discuss the matter and advise him.

They went back to the jury room but returned to the courtroom at 2:30 p.m. to watch a videotaped walkthrough of the crime scene, a mobile home where, Heinze had told police, he came home early Saturday morning on Aug. 29, 2009, and found his whole family beaten to death. There was, however, one survivor, Byron Jimerson, who was 3 at the time.

Officials said that should a mistrial be declared on the nine more serious charges, the verdicts on the two drug charges would still be valid.

The maximum penalty on the felony drug charge is five years and the penalty on the misdemeanor charge is one year.

http://members.jacksonville.com/bre.../live-blog-jury-back-work-guy-heinze-jr-trial

Thanks.

Even if the jury hangs I don't think GHJ will be going anywhere. He will still have a high bond on the murder charges because I am sure the ADA will advise the Judge he plans to retry the case.

Let him rot away in jail year after year.

IMO

Do we know if it's 9 guilty or 9 not?

We don't know. He probably didn't ask them. We may never know. The attorneys from both sides usually talk to the jury in private once the case is over either through a verdict or hung jury.

I refused to believe there are 9 CA type jurors on this jury though.

I think the overwhelming majority knows this man is as guilty as hell.

But maybe the reporters will snoop around and find out.

After so many controversial verdicts of late nothing surprises me anymore. It seems jurors today suffer from the CSI affect and if they cant actually see the murderer murdering the victims on video they just don't get it.

IMO

With so many of the victims putting up a fight I'm surprised Mrs. Orlinski didn't hear anything, she had no problem hearing GH yell when he discovered them that morning, it seems (from what we've read).

Did the prosecution say GH had no mj in his system when tested?

With so many of the victims putting up a fight I'm surprised Mrs. Orlinski didn't hear anything, she had no problem hearing GH yell when he discovered them that morning, it seems (from what we've read).

Did the prosecution say GH had no mj in his system when tested?

I only heard the ME testify to one having defensive wounds? The ME testified Michelle Toler the 15 year old had two broken bones in one of her hands which most likely occurred when she tried to block one of the blows.

The aunt never moved with the covers still over her.....West remained facedown on the pallet he slept on and Chrissy was in the same bedroom with all of them and Michelle....Michael was found still in his own bed.... Everyone of them were found in the room where they normally slept. Heinz Sr. never moved either. Rusty died where he slept on the kitchen floor on a mattress.

The only one that seem to have been running for his life was Toler Sr who made it to the doorway of his bedroom before he was cutdown.

Or are you relying on what the paid consultant said for the defense?

Personally I believe the ME would has done over 9,000 autopsies versus a man who has only done 3,000.

JMO though

I only heard the ME testify to one having defensive wounds? The ME testified Michelle Toler the 15 year old had two broken bones in one of her hands which most likely occurred when she tried to block one of the blows.

The aunt never moved with the covers still over her.....West remained facedown on the pallet he slept on and Chrissy was in the same bedroom with all of them and Michelle....Michael was found still in his own bed.... Everyone of them were found in the room where they normally slept. Heinz Sr. never moved either. Rusty died where he slept on the kitchen floor on a mattress.

The only one that seem to have been running for his life was Toler Sr who made it to the doorway of his bedroom before he was cutdown.

Or are you relying on what the paid consultant said for the defense?

Personally I believe the ME would has done over 9,000 autopsies versus a man who has only done 3,000.

JMO though

You may be right that it was the defense witness who stated that.

Tim Pulliam ‏@WJXTPulliam 58s
Still no verdict in the #Heinze trial. Jurors are still deliberating. @wjxt4

News 4 jax just now live news, attorney's are being summoned to court room. Doesn't know if there is a verdict or not yet, will keep us posted.

News 4 jax just now live news, attorney's are being summoned to court room. Doesn't know if there is a verdict or not yet, will keep us posted.

I said news4jax but I was actually watching firstcoastnews .

Savannah Daily News ‏@SavDailyNews 15m
Jury foreman in Heinze trial tells Judge he "doesn't know if they have made progress on hung jury." Suggests they eat dinner and reconvene.

I think this is going to be a hung jury. Would like to find out if that one juror made it on the final jury.

ETA: Deleted orginial, on second thought, not sure if it was a news source or just another tweeter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat
Back