GA - Ex-POTUS Donald Trump and others indicted, 13 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, Aug 2023 *4 guilty* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DA Willis has responded to Shawn Still's motion to remove which, imo, is pretty damned solid. She strongly argues that Still was impersonating an elector (taking issue with the word contingent) and really taking him to task for not being a federal officer and not having a colorable federal defense.

Gonna include one quote I do believe we'll be seeing a lot of:

I like the opening paragraph, bbm:

"Defendant Shawn Micah Thresher Still has asked this Court to remove his criminal case from the Superior Court of Fulton County to the Northern District of Georgia based on the improbable theory that he—a private citizen with no federal role, acting at the direction of the losing Trump presidential campaign—is entitled to removal as a “federal official” within the meaning of 28 U.S.C. § 1442(a)(1). Yet he fails to clear even the initial hurdle—establishing that he at any time met the definition of “federal official.” Defendant and his fellow fraudulent electors conspired in a scheme to impersonate true Georgia presidential electors; their fiction is not entitled to recognition by this Court."

eta: Prediction: Supporters will cry that the defendants have the first-amendment right to call themselves federal officials.

Thanks! I was wondering about her. At least I got to shorten up my notes! :)

Here are the hearings I have for now:

Updated: 9/6/23:

GA - Violations of Georgia election laws. 19 defendants.
Monday, 9/18/23 – (Clark): Hearing Motion (State to Fed Court & removal evidentiary hearing & (Still): Removal evidentiary hearing

Wednesday, 9/20/23 – Judge to hear motion (State to Fed court) & removal evidentiary hearing. David Shafer & Cathleen Latham.

Monday, 10/23/23 – NEW proposed trial date re Speedy Trial motions by Cheesebro.

Monday, 12/11/23 – Motions Hearing- All

Monday - 2/20/24 – Final Pretrial Conference Hearing All

Monday, 3/4/24 – Proposed trial date (which will be changed as the DC 2020 Election case is on that date).

My prediction is that Chesebro's going to be stuck going to trial with Powell. I just don't think there's enough to suggest his rights would be harmed if he did.

FWIW, I follow and listen to a heck of a lot of lawyers - the consensus has been surprise among many that Chesebro and Clark are wrapped up in this conspiracy at all. Both had pretty good reputations before this as relatively middle of the road kind of men. And John Eastman was a professor and dean at Chapman University yet now he's testifying at his own disbarment proceedings (and probably should have just surrendered his license instead). JMO

This time I am only putting the people which belong to a specific hearing.

Wednesday, Sept. 6th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1pm ET) – State of Georgia vs. Kenneth John Chesebro (61) (Trump lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (9/1/23) & waived his arraignment. Represented by Manubir Arora & Scott R. Grubman.
8/26/23 Update: Chesebro filed for speedy trial, Judge sets 10/23/23 for trial. 9/5/23 Update: Motions hearing on 9/6/23.
vs. Sidney Katherine Powell (68) (Campaign lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit election fraud (32 & 33), 1 count of conspiracy to commit computer theft (34), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer trespass (35), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer invasion of privacy (36) & 1 count conspiracy to defraud the State. (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (8/29/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Brian T. Rafferty.
8/25/23 Update: Sidney Powell is seeking a speedy trial, according to a new court filing. One of the other 19 defendants charged in the election interference case, Kenneth Chesebro, has also sought a speedy trial. A judge recently set his trial date for 10/23/23.
8/30/23 Update: Sidney Powell files a motion to sever her case from the other 18 co-defendants claiming that she has “no substantive connection with any other defendants regarding the charges in the Indictment.”
9/5/23 Update: Motions hearing on 9/6/23.
Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 9/2/23 reference post #37 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ation-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-2

9/5/23 Update: Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer, state Sen. Shawn Still & Cathy Latham − have also pleaded not guilty to their charges & waived their hearings. Other co-defendants whose not guilty pleas were posted Tuesday were John Eastman, Michael Roman & Harrison Floyd. The only co-defendant whose plea was not posted in the court docket by noon Tuesday was Misty Hampton.
9/6/23 Update: Filed 9/4/23 by Misty Hampton plead not guilty & waived arraignment. 9/6/23 Next motions hearing for Clark & Still on 9/18/23.
9/5/23 Update: State's Motion to use a Juror questionnaire for Jury Selection filed by DA Fani T. Willis.
9/6/23 Update: Notice of Motion hearing for Cheesebro & Powell on 9/6/23 @ 1pm filed by Judge Scott McAfee.

Last edited:
This time I am only putting the people which belong to a specific hearing.

Wednesday, Sept. 6th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 1pm ET) – State of Georgia vs. Kenneth John Chesebro (61) (Trump lawyer) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 1 count of conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer (9), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit forgery in the 1st degree (11 & 17), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit false statements & writings (13 & 19) & 1 count of conspiracy to commit filing false documents (15). (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (9/1/23) & waived his arraignment. Represented by Manubir Arora & Scott R. Grubman.
8/26/23 Update: Chesebro filed for speedy trial, Judge sets 10/23/23 for trial. 9/5/23 Update: Motions hearing on 9/6/23.
vs. Sidney Katherine Powell (68) (publicist tied to intimidation of election workers) indicted & charged (8/14/23) with 1 count of violation of the Georgia RICO Act (1), 2 counts of conspiracy to commit election fraud (32 & 33), 1 count of conspiracy to commit computer theft (34), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer trespass (35), 1 count conspiracy to commit computer invasion of privacy (36) & 1 count conspiracy to defraud the State. (total 7 counts). Bond $100K. Surrendered 8/23/23. Plead not guilty (8/29/23) & waived arraignment. Represented by Brian T. Rafferty.
8/25/23 Update: Sidney Powell is seeking a speedy trial, according to a new court filing. One of the other 19 defendants charged in the election interference case, Kenneth Chesebro, has also sought a speedy trial. A judge recently set his trial date for 10/23/23.
8/30/23 Update: Sidney Powell files a motion to sever her case from the other 18 co-defendants claiming that she has “no substantive connection with any other defendants regarding the charges in the Indictment.”
9/5/23 Update: Motions hearing on 9/6/23.
Case (with unindicted co-conspirators) & court info from 2/10/21 thru 9/2/23 reference post #37 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ation-of-rico-act-14-aug-2023-3.689482/page-2

9/5/23 Update: Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer, state Sen. Shawn Still & Cathy Latham − have also pleaded not guilty to their charges & waived their hearings. Other co-defendants whose not guilty pleas were posted Tuesday were John Eastman, Michael Roman & Harrison Floyd. The only co-defendant whose plea was not posted in the court docket by noon Tuesday was Misty Hampton.
9/6/23 Update: Filed 9/4/23 by Misty Hampton plead not guilty & waived arraignment. 9/6/23 Next motions hearing for Clark & Still on 9/18/23.
9/5/23 Update: State's Motion to use a Juror questionnaire for Jury Selection filed by DA Fani T. Willis.
9/6/23 Update: Notice of Motion hearing for Cheesebro & Powell on 9/6/23 @ 1pm filed by Judge Scott McAfee.
@Niner - I think you have Kutti's description inserted after Powell's name. Powell is a campaign lawyer, Kutti is the publicist charged with intimidation.

jmo

Thanks! I just changed it - better check out Kutti.... LOL! :)

edited to add - I have under Kutti - leader of Black Voices for Trump - NO??
Trevian Kutti = publicist tied to intimidation of election workers

Harrison Floyd = leader of Black Voices for Trump

Kutti might be involved with Floyd's group, but I don't know that for sure.

jmo

Someone please set me straight -- I thought that after the first couple of folks requested (declined to waive their right to) a speedy trial, didn't we see Willis (or the judge?) say that they would ALL be tried in October except for those who specifically waived out?

TIA for clarification

Someone please set me straight -- I thought that after the first couple of folks requested (declined to waive their right to) a speedy trial, didn't we see Willis (or the judge?) say that they would ALL be tried in October except for those who specifically waived out?

TIA for clarification
It's my understanding Willis did say that, but it's up to the judge, who has not ruled on it yet. Correct me if I'm wrong!

jmo

Trevian Kutti = publicist tied to intimidation of election workers

Harrison Floyd = leader of Black Voices for Trump

Kutti might be involved with Floyd's group, but I don't know that for sure.

jmo

Okay - under Floyd I have pastor tied to intimidation of election workers, so he is the leader.

Again - thanks for the updates. :)

May I impose on the impressive knowledge of members on this board to ask:

If in fact Donald Trump did get more votes in Georgia than did Joe Biden, would this slate of contingency/fake electors have been the ones to participate in the electoral college for Georgia? Or were they just a rag tag group of people who might as well have declared themselves to be the King of England and the man in the moon? Did they actually have some claim to being chosen as Republican electors, however incorrect their reasoning?

I hope my question makes sense. Thank you in advance for any information and clarification.

It's my understanding Willis did say that, but it's up to the judge, who has not ruled on it yet. Correct me if I'm wrong!

jmo
Lol. Well it's my understanding that the judge did actually rule on Chesebro's trial date (October 23rd) so he is actually all on his own until and unless he rules on Powell, Shafer, et al joining him. Fani Willis kinda filed a motion asking if the judge was sure about that trial date being just for Chesebro (Judge McAfee is relatively new to the bench but a seasoned prosecutor). - [Please note, I was laughing because the thread was beginning to remind me of a game of Telephone. 'I heard Fani Willis filed a motion that...]'

So DA Willis did write that filing you and Auntie mentioned but no judge is going to force defendants to trial who haven't been afforded time to prepare a defense. That's a gift to the appeal gods. She wants to try everyone October 23rd and she really, really wants to try as many people together as she can because, hello, Rico but you're correct - the judge will decide in part based on today's hearing at 1pm. He's asked her to inform the court how long a trial involving all 19 is likely to take, number of witnesses and exhibits expected - along with variations of smaller groups of defendants.

And on Shafer - a motion was just filed to sever from defendants requesting a speedy trial and he is also requesting the court suspend his state case while he litigates his removal to federal court. (He's former Georgia GOP chair.)

I'll say one thing for this cast of characters, folks. They're bold. Some might even say arrogant. Reminder, it's ultimately at the judge's discretion, but arraignment sets the clock ticking for pretrial motions - normally just 10 days. (Giuliani and now Shafer both have motions before the court regarding the time limit afaik.)

JMO

Last edited:

If in fact Donald Trump did get more votes in Georgia than did Joe Biden, would this slate of contingency/fake electors have been the ones to participate in the electoral college for Georgia? Or were they just a rag tag group of people who might as well have declared themselves to be the King of England and the man in the moon? Did they actually have some claim to being chosen as Republican electors, however incorrect their reasoning?

I hope my question makes sense. Thank you in advance for any information and clarification.
I don't know the answer to your first question but I suspect not. The state parties are in charge of choosing presidential electors based on party rules. So, the Republican party of Georgia chose it's slate of official electors and Trump's campaign and conspiracy effectively chose a backup team who acted as though they were legitimate. They did everything the real electors were supposed to, and indeed did, do.

DA Willis is arguing they had no federal authority at all and hard to argue that seeing as states are responsible for their mechanisms how votes are counted and certified. She argues they were basically cosplaying presidential electors.

The fake electors though are presenting a myriad of arguments to dispel that notion to include, but not limited to: they would only have gone through with it if Trump had been successful in court; they have cover as a federal officer and can't be tried by the state because a sitting president told them to do it and they were a 'contingent' elector so they became a federal officer; and they listened to the Trump campaign and their now co-defendant lawyers without, presumably, seeking outside counsel.

So I'd take Door 2, Raechel, a rag tag group of wannabes. JMO (And it's really nice to have someone 'new' chime in!)

“The fact that he and the other fraudulent electors pretended to be duly elected and qualified presidential electors confers no federal official standing whatsoever, and no federal action to be protected with immunity,” she continued. “The activities in which he conspired with then-President Trump were all ‘unofficial’ activities concerning campaign litigation and Trump’s efforts to remain in office for a second term, and there is no federally protected authority for a president or anyone acting on his behalf to take any actions concerning the administration of a presidential election under either the Constitution or federal law.”

Willis also notably rejected efforts by Still to claim that he was acting on the advice of Trump’s attorneys. So-called “advice of counsel” defenses typically aren’t recognized in Georgia, she notes — but particularly so when “the person asserting it relied on the advice of an attorney representing someone else.”

That is really not the point because Trump did NOT receive more votes than Biden. Recounts were conducted, and the results were always the same: Biden won.

Even if there was still uncertainty (which there was not), there is no procedure to have "just in case" electors. The conspirators made up that process. The process does not exist. It is not legal to have a "just in case" set of electors. They broke the law.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members