GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am newish to facebook and the only way I know to see someone's earlier posts is to scroll and scroll and scroll. But I'm on the website, not the app, and my screen refreshes before I get very far. Is there a better way to see a long-ago post? TIA for tech assistance.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I found it. It finally dawned on me Fani Willis' Facebook page is public so I don't need an account to scroll through it. Anyone can! Thanks for patience.

On Nov 3, 2020, Willis posted a link to a yahoo article about the watermain and her caption was: "Why Fulton?"

Her next post is from Nov 4, 2020:
"Thank you Fulton County for your trust, support, and confidence! I'm honored to serve as your next Fulton County District Attorney."#ANEWDAy

hth discern fact from fiction.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
I am newish to facebook and the only way I know to see someone's earlier posts is to scroll and scroll and scroll. But I'm on the website, not the app, and my screen refreshes before I get very far. Is there a better way to see a long-ago post? TIA for tech assistance.
No worries, I found it. Anyone can, it just took me awhile to realize Fani Willis' page is public and anyone can look at it.

jmo

I imagine a whole lot of attorneys are going to be all over this because it certainly looks a lil fraudy. If he did sign it over it could be construed as an attempt of hiding assets.

JMO
Maybe he "sold" it to the corporation to pull the $$$ out so any of his gazillion attorneys might actually get paid??

I am totally comfortable being corrected.
@BayouBelle_LA I found the heavy.com and it does indeed show that social media post! I stand corrected and apologize.

You can't link to the source in the article for the post, but I am giving heavy.com the benefit of the doubt.

I was taught, when wrong, be humble and say "thank you" for the correction. I am doing that!

jmo

Last edited:
I still say he gets off scot free, money and lawyers do that in our system.
He's been allowed to bully and buy his way out of trouble most of his adult life so I really hope you're wrong. In less than a decade though: his foundation was dissolved pursuant to investigations into fraudulent activities and its $1.7 million distributed to multiple charities; he paid a $25 million dollar settlement over fraud at Trump University; Trump Organization was fined $1.6 million and convicted on 17 felony counts; he was found liable and ordered to pay $5 million to E. Jean Carroll for sexual abuse and defamation.

He now faces a $250 million lawsuit from the New York Attorney General for fraud; another lawsuit from E. Jean Carroll over comments he made while president that the DOJ were initially shielding him from; a lawsuit from officers and lawmakers in relation to January 6th; a lawsuit over promoting a multi-level marketing scam on "The Celebrity Apprentice"; former fixer Michael Cohen suing for $20 million in damages; and a little covered copyright suit seeking $300k.

He's been indicted 5 times (including the FL superceding indictment) on 91 felony counts. The documents case is a wildcard because, duh, Florida but I'd lean towards conviction there too because it's pretty black and white. Absolutely will be convicted in New York because the evidence is there to do it - they have all the business records. And for both the J6 indictment and Georgia his only defense is a political one not a legal one - he will very likely have to take the stand - and he has a lot of folks happy to toss him under the bus as the leader of a criminal enterprise who really don't want to go to prison for him. And the indictments in those two cases allude to STRONG cases against him. (Not to mention, I think political persecution is a hard sell when the majority of witnesses against him will be republicans.)

So, could he still skate? Sure. Anything can happen. But I really believe, perhaps foolishly, that Trump is running out of road.

JMO

Last edited:
He's been allowed to bully and buy his way out of trouble most of his adult life so I really hope you're wrong. In less than a decade though: his foundation was dissolved pursuant to investigations into fraudulent activities and its $1.7 million distributed to multiple charities; he paid a $25 million dollar settlement over fraud at Trump University; Trump Organization was fined $1.6 million and convicted on 17 felony counts; he was found liable and ordered to pay $5 million to E. Jean Carroll for sexual abuse and defamation.

He now faces a $250 million lawsuit from the New York Attorney General for fraud; another lawsuit from E. Jean Carroll over comments he made while president that the DOJ were initially shielding him from; a lawsuit from officers and lawmakers in relation to January 6th; a lawsuit over promoting a multi-level marketing scam on "The Celebrity Apprentice"; former fixer Michael Cohen suing for $20 million in damages; and a little covered copyright suit seeking $300k.

He's been indicted 5 times (including the FL superceding indictment) on 91 felony counts. The documents case is a wildcard because, duh, Florida but I'd lean towards conviction there too because it's pretty black and white. Absolutely will be convicted in New York because the evidence is there to do it - they have all the business records. And for both the J6 indictment and Georgia his only defense is a political one not a legal one - he will very likely have to take the stand - and he has a lot of folks happy to toss him under the bus as the leader of a criminal enterprise who really don't want to go to prison. And the indictments in those two cases allude to STRONG cases against him.

So, could he still skate? Sure. Anything can happen. But I really believe, perhaps foolishly, that Trump is running out of road.

JMO
My prediction is he will file motions and appeals for the rest of his life....and that will be the extent of it. :(

jmo

Sarah Palin weighs in. I hate to give her space, but I think she speaks for many, so forewarned and all that.

“I think of those who are conducting this travesty and creating this two-tiered system of justice and I want to ask them, ‘What the heck? Do you want us to be in civil war?’ Because that’s what’s going to happen,” Palin said. “We’re not going to keep putting up with this. And Eric, I like that you suggested that we need to get angry. We do need to rise up and take our country back.”
From the article:
Former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin alluded to potential civil war Thursday, lashing out at not just Democrats going after prosecuting Donald Trump but also to the “bunch of frickin’ RINOs” running the Republican Party for not defending Trump enough.

“We do need to rise up and take our country back,” Palin told Newsmax host Eric Bolling, asserting that the prosecution of Trump could be leading the country into a violent split.

Irresponsible for Ms. Palin to plant (make a statement) a seed like that. Didn’t expect anything different from her ... she did not disappoint. Moo & Speculation

I found the heavy.com and it does indeed show that social media post! I stand corrected and apologize.

You can't link to the source in the article for the post, but I am giving heavy.com the benefit of the doubt.

I was taught, when wrong, be humble and say "thank you" for the correction. I am doing that!

jmo

That’s all well and good, but this is a distraction just to attack Fani Willis. I call DARVO again, being used here to defend Trump and Co by attacking Fani Willis.
https://www.verywellmind.com/protecting-yourself-from-darvo-abusive-behavior-7562730#:~:text=“DARVO%20is%20an%20acronym%20that,and%20Reverse%20Victim%20and%20Offender.

Please remember that a special grand jury investigated the election interference and found numerous people ”worthy” of indictment. That was followed by a regular grand jury who also investigated and actually indicted 19, including Trump. Fani Willis called the grand juries into sessions, but the good citizens of Fulton county could have decided not to indict, despite Willis’s politics.

This thread is about those indictments, not about Fani Willis.

JMO

That’s all well and good, but this is a distraction just to attack Fani Willis. I call DARVO again, being used here to defend Trump and Co by attacking Fani Willis.
https://www.verywellmind.com/protecting-yourself-from-darvo-abusive-behavior-7562730#:~:text=“DARVO%20is%20an%20acronym%20that,and%20Reverse%20Victim%20and%20Offender.

Please remember that a special grand jury investigated the election interference and found numerous people ”worthy” of indictment. That was followed by a regular grand jury who also investigated and actually indicted 19, including Trump. Fani Willis called the grand juries into sessions, but the good citizens of Fulton county could have decided not to indict, despite Willis’s politics.

This thread is about those indictments, not about Fani Willis.

JMO
You're right. I'm sorry I disrupted the board....and fell for getting caught up in chaos! I know better.

jmo

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
This news article was written 2+ hours ago. Quite a few conservative publications have also carried the story so it is likely many millions of people have read it.

While this left-leaning publication, Newsweek, doesn't think the postings will hurt her case, I think at least one juror will believe Willis' agenda is purely political. I believe it and I'm an Independent voter.

JMO

The posts appear to come from an account that Willis used until 2022. Newsweek reached out to the Fulton County Court Clerk for confirmation.

The initial tweet by Johnson, which has been viewed 2.7 million times, said that "Willis regularly questioned election results & used her office to push unfounded election conspiracies."

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he "sold" it to the corporation to pull the $$$ out so any of his gazillion attorneys might actually get paid??
Well, I really doubt he'd use the Trump Organization to hide any assets because he has a court appointed babysitter to oversee its financials after he was caught moving money around after the New York fraud suit was filed.

I also don't see him selling his most beloved asset to pay his lawyers - if he wanted to sell property for cash he's got a lot to choose from and he's not exactly hurting for donors either. But considering that estate is his crown jewel, I could totally see him signing it over to his son just to ensure it isn't seen as a financial asset. I'd be curious what a lawyer might say about asset forfeiture too.

JMO

He's scary because he amends his belief system when it is advantageous to him.
RSBM.

Sadly, he's not the only one suspending (or pretzeling as I call it) their belief system or their words when they feel it's advantageous to them, or Trump, or to excuse his alleged crimes against "We the People".

Thank goodness that justice doesn't hang in the balance based on popularity contests, but rather deals with facts.

@BayouBelle_LA I found the heavy.com and it does indeed show that social media post! I stand corrected and apologize.

jmo
Optics are everything and even the Judge went after DA Willis for her political bias.

As the Judge noted in the link:

“It’s a ‘What are you thinking?’ moment,” Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney said, according to CNN. “The optics are horrific.”

“Using the title of your office and having on social media that you, as this political office holder, are holding a fundraiser for the opponent of someone that this political office is investigating, I don’t know that it’s an actual conflict, but I use that phrase: ‘What were you thinking?’” the judge said.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member