GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: In news relevant to this thread, Cathy Latham has filed a removal motion claiming she, as a 'contigent elector' is a federal official. I predict she's gonna lose. Badly. And I gotta say - it's obscene, vulgar and perverse to my sensibilities that these people are claiming an official role to overturn an election.

It’s hard to believe a retired U.S. History teacher would consider herself a “federal official” for signing on as a fake elector, not to mention providing access to the voting machines. I’ve been keeping an eye on her attempt to raise $100K plus prayers and the money has stalled since yesterday at less than $7K. I’m not sure about the prayers. :)

It’s hard to believe a retired U.S. History teacher would consider herself a “federal official” for signing on as a fake elector, not to mention providing access to the voting machines. I’ve been keeping an eye on her attempt to raise $100K plus prayers and the money has stalled since yesterday at less than $7K. I’m not sure about the prayers. :)

I'd be happy to pray for her. Just probably not for what she'd like me to.

I'm big enough to include her in my prayers, no problem.

Not sending any money, though.

jmo

@hollybdc
Judge Scott McAfee told reporters in his courtroom a little while ago that there was "misinformation" on the docket, and Floyd would not be appearing before him today
The "misinformation on the docket" seems to be a disturbing pattern in this case.

JMO

It would have been unacceptable if Donald Trump's actions regarding his involvement in trying to overturn the election had been ignored because he was the president. It would have been unacceptable for him to skate on any responsibility for the Jan 6 insurrection because he was the president. Donald Trump for most of his adult life has always worked the system to benefit himself. He's scary because he amends his belief system when it is advantageous to him.

I'm just trying to think what would happen to America if her justice system ignored the criminality exhibited by Trump and the ease in which he employs it for his personal gain. There's an old saying, A fish rots from the head down. When governments and institutions that fail, the breakdown starts at the top. A trickle down philosophy which is actually true.

There seems to be a blueprint for failing empires. The 20th started with about seven, including the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the British Empire, the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Technically, after the fall of the USSR, there's only one left, the US with China and Russia nipping at her heels. Not a good time for a meltdown.

It's sold but it's not sold, at one price but also another? Could it be Jr bought it from the defendant so it's not really "sold" as it's not buyer outside the family but was a sale simply to move money around?

I have no idea, tbh.

jmo

Maybe it was like when Murdaugh sold property to his wife for a buck. Look how that turned out.

I get the impression he practiced at home. Do I wanna look mean like a criminal? Do I wanna look mad because I am? Should I smile just a little bit? Do I wanna look completely neutral, like I should? (I believe people are coached to look neutral in mug shots) But he's got that American flag lapel!
I just saw he is selling merch with his mugshot on it….what?!?!

Updated Thu, August 24, 2023 at 9:20 PM EDT

Here is Trump's mug shot (Fulton County Sheriff's Office)​

Donald Trump

Old President Trump definitely going for the Churchill look lol

Took a break from the circus of media at the surrender. Many of the schemers are devoid of decency. All will pay attention to the Trump and Guiliani but the little guys/gals are going to be bankrupt and in prison more likely than not. I am gratified that this day came but recognize the precariousness of this developing situation.

Then I read this:
"Three Georgia Republicans who falsely claimed to be electors for Donald Trump — and are now charged alongside him in a sprawling racketeering indictment brought by local prosecutors — say they took the steps they did because Trump, then the sitting president, told them to.

In a series of court filings this week, those false electors, who became part of Trump’s last-ditch bid to subvert the 2020 election, said it was Trump and his campaign lawyers who urged them to sign the false documents, claiming they were necessary to preserve Trump’s flailing court efforts to reverse his defeat to Joe Biden. That exhortation from Trump’s campaign lawyers, they said, amounted to federal government permission to take the actions they did." Three Trump codefendants say they became false electors at Trump's 'direction'

Now, I am just so angry at the mindset that lying, cheating, and stealing is fair game for power. Ughhhh, these people and this man. JMHO.

Took a break from the circus of media at the surrender. Many of the schemers are devoid of decency. All will pay attention to the Trump and Guiliani but the little guys/gals are going to be bankrupt and in prison more likely than not. I am gratified that this day came but recognize the precariousness of this developing situation.

Then I read this:
"Three Georgia Republicans who falsely claimed to be electors for Donald Trump — and are now charged alongside him in a sprawling racketeering indictment brought by local prosecutors — say they took the steps they did because Trump, then the sitting president, told them to.

In a series of court filings this week, those false electors, who became part of Trump’s last-ditch bid to subvert the 2020 election, said it was Trump and his campaign lawyers who urged them to sign the false documents, claiming they were necessary to preserve Trump’s flailing court efforts to reverse his defeat to Joe Biden. That exhortation from Trump’s campaign lawyers, they said, amounted to federal government permission to take the actions they did." Three Trump codefendants say they became false electors at Trump's 'direction'

Now, I am just so angry at the mindset that lying, cheating, and stealing is fair game for power. Ughhhh, these people and this man. JMHO.

Apparently these fake electors were unable to think for themselves and assess the ethics/morality of the actions Trump and his people told them to take. That defense hasn’t worked well from the Nuremberg trials to the present day. And no, I am not comparing Trump to Hitler so don’t even go there!
JMO

ETA—Deleted snark

Last edited:
Darren Samuelsohn
@dsamuelsohn

NEW: Discovery production is about to begin for Trump & all 18 other co-defendants in the GA case, once their lawyers send on over a 2 TB thumb drive, DS Fani Willis' team tells the Fulton County court
I wonder if he will compare the height of the evidence to the Washington Monument like he did with the J6 case.

jmo

Interesting words from Trump.

From the decision in the Trump lawsuit against Cable News (https://caselaw.findlaw.com/court/us-dis-crt-sd-flo/114767778.html)

2.  The Trump quote referenced by Cillizza was made on July 3, 2022, in Sarasota, Florida: “If you say it enough and keep saying it, they'll start to believe you.” See Trump's Big Lie Wouldn't Have Worked Without His Thousands of Little Lies,” https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/05/politics/trump-disinformation-strategy/index.html (last visited July 26, 2023). Trump does not dispute making that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper