GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM

There seems to be a blueprint for failing empires. The 20th started with about seven, including the Russian Empire, the Ottoman Empire, the British Empire, the Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Technically, after the fall of the USSR, there's only one left, the US with China and Russia nipping at her heels. Not a good time for a meltdown.

China is reveling in the indictments.

“How is it that a guy like Donald Trump is able to stay on as a presidential candidate in the US after everything we know he has done?”

Under the heading “systemic dysfunction”, the newspaper [Global Times] added that politics and law in the US had “become more like a child’s game with mounting stunts, and more dramatic twists” to be expected.

The enduring support for Trump also revealed, Global Times said, that US society had failed to learn from the storming of the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.

Republicans and Democrats – and their supporters – have “become increasingly irreconcilable on many issues, thus giving birth to all kinds of incredible chaos”

Trump’s legal woes spurred Global Times in an editorial to accuse the US of tarnishing “the word ‘democracy’”.

'Comrade Nation Builder' ... the Jiangou title has been applied as a joke to portray Trump’s antics as hurting the US and its international image and, as a result, strengthening China’s stature on the world stage.
Trump, the joke goes, is a “nation builder”, but for China, not the US.

BBM. What campaign was he advising? The campaign was over. Biden won.

JMO
See Act 96 (page 44) of the below linked Georgia RICO Indictment. Red bolded font by me.

Act 96.
On or about the 27th day of December 2020, MARK RANDALL MEADOWS
sent a text message to the Office of the Georgia Secretary of State Chief Investigator Frances Watson that stated in part, "Is there a way to speed up Fulton county signature verification in order to have results before Jan 6 if the trump campaign assist financially." This was an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.

Offering up campaign money to pay makes it a "Campaign Act" vice a "job" act ...

Either that or Mr. Meadows has also violated the Hatch Act by doing campaign stuff on the Government dime. Going to dig in on that bit now. The many, many pretzels and twisting these folks got themselves into and at play here is just like a massive rabbit hole.

See Act 96 (page 44) of the below linked Georgia RICO Indictment. Red bolded font by me.

Offering up campaign money to pay makes it a "Campaign Act" vice a "job" act ...

Either that or Mr. Meadows has also violated the Hatch Act by doing campaign stuff on the Government dime. Going to dig in on that bit now. The many, many pretzels and twisting these folks got themselves into and at play here is just like a massive rabbit hole.
I've heard that the Hatch Act is basically a "nothing burger".

It gets people fired, but it's too late for that.

I guess there are some penalty cases, but I don't think it's a felony.
Also certain civil servants are more likely to get in trouble than others. Those that work for the Dept of Justice and Dept of Defense have stricter rules than other departments.

So if Meadows violated the Hatch Act, he basically skates

Last edited:
it is difficult to imagine better progress before the elections

RBBM

Fani Willis argued the Hatch Act in her response to Meadows removal bid. It's a fine bit of lawyering. Really impressive.

--------------

For those who think the Hatch Act is no big - bear in mind he's stating the case should be removed to federal court because he, as a federal officer, was completing his duties as such. You can't violate federal law to campaign and also use the federal officer defense too. He's not being charged with the Hatch Act, DA Willis is simply using it to obliterate his defense.

JMO

RBBM

Fani Willis argued the Hatch Act in her response to Meadows removal bid. It's a fine bit of lawyering. Really impressive.

--------------

For those who think the Hatch Act is no big - bear in mind he's stating the case should be removed to federal court because he, as a federal officer, was completing his duties as such. You can't violate federal law to campaign and also use the federal officer defense too. He's not being charged with the Hatch Act, DA Willis is simply using it to obliterate his defense.

JMO
Thanks!! Saved me a dive!

She's obviously lined up and ready to go. October 23rd eh?

Monday will be interesting.

I still say he gets off scot free, money and lawyers do that in our system.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Ppl in Iran contra either got off scot free or got pardoned or got convictions overturned.

Very little happened in the later Iraq war mess.

Yeah we tend to not hold many govt officials accountable long term, if at all

I've heard that the Hatch Act is basically a "nothing burger".

It gets people fired, but it's too late for that.

I guess there are some penalty cases, but I don't think it's a felony.
Also certain civil servants are more likely to get in trouble than others. Those that work for the Dept of Justice and Dept of Defense have stricter rules than other departments.

So if Meadows violated the Hatch Act, he basically skates
Perhaps ... but what if he violates the Hatch Act as part of the commission of a crime? IE: While attempting to assist with overturning the legitimate results of a Federal Election and the "will of the American People".

I wouldn’t be surprised. Ppl in Iran contra either got off scot free or got pardoned or got convictions overturned.

Very little happened in the later Iraq war mess.

Yeah we tend to not hold many govt officials accountable long term, if at all
Quite a few went to jail for Watergate.

JMO

From the link:

"A lawyer sued former President Donald Trump on Thursday, claiming that Trump is ineligible to serve another term as president due to his involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riots.

'Section 3 of the 14th Amendment [of the U.S. Constitution], automatically excludes from future office and position of power in the U.S. government ... any individual who has previously taken an oath to support and defend our Constitution and after which acts so as to rebel against that charter,' attorney Lawrence Caplan wrote in his lawsuit filed with the U.S. District Court in South Florida.

Caplan argues that Trump's role in the storming of the Capitol and overturn the 2020 presidential election results constitutes a violation of this section of the Constitution."

I was reading about all the lawsuits on Wiki yesterday. 63 lawsuits have been filed by DT and others, with regard to the 2020 election. Nearly all lost or dropped due to a lack of evidence.

Wiki provides details for 55 of the lawsuits.

I think that this lawsuit will make #64.

Meadows may well testify Monday (I think he has to) - so, think of it like this...

He either has to concede his actions weren't within the scope of official duties (thereby no Hatch Act violation) and no reason for removal OR he admits, under oath, that he violated federal law which calls into question whether the actions could conceivably be part of his job because the Hatch Act restricts him from doing exactly what he did which also probably dooms his removal bid. Add to that some heavy hitters are subpeonaed to testify in Monday's hearing too (2 Trump lawyers who were also on the call; a GA elections investigator and SOS Raffensperger.)

All the other removal bids are absurd imo. He's got the best shot and once you read her response you'll realize even that's probably (hopefully) unlikely. JMO

ETA: He could, I guess, also plead the 5th but I still think he loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper