GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 6 co-conspirator missing from my list.
From my notes:
Five of the six alleged co-conspirators, based on details provided in transcripts of testimony to the Jan. 6 Committee and other records, appear to be: longtime Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani; lawyer John Eastman, who helped architect the "fake electors scheme"; attorney Sidney Powell, who helped lead Trump's post-campaign legal efforts; former Justice Dept. official Jeffrey Clark, whom Trump considered making his attorney general; and Kenneth Chesebro, another attorney pushing the "fake electors scheme." It is not clear who co-conspirator 6 is.

Edited to - this is the DC case - 4 counts against Trump.
And that's the issue - it could be SO, so many people. It could be Meadows but it could as easily be Epshteyn or Bannon or lots of other people. MOO

I have a 6 co-conspirator missing from my list.
From my notes:
Five of the six alleged co-conspirators, based on details provided in transcripts of testimony to the Jan. 6 Committee and other records, appear to be: longtime Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani; lawyer John Eastman, who helped architect the "fake electors scheme"; attorney Sidney Powell, who helped lead Trump's post-campaign legal efforts; former Justice Dept. official Jeffrey Clark, whom Trump considered making his attorney general; and Kenneth Chesebro, another attorney pushing the "fake electors scheme." It is not clear who co-conspirator 6 is.

Edited to - this is the DC case - 4 counts against Trump.
This isn't much help but it's all I could find:

Co-Conspirator 6: Unclear

The sixth alleged co-conspirator is said to be “a political consultant" who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.”
This is the one listed co-conspirator whose identity is not immediately obvious. Aside from the description, the indictment states that Giuliani “spoke with Co-Conspirator 6 regarding attorneys who could assist in the fraudulent elector effort in the targeted states.” Co-Conspirator 6 then provided a list of attorneys in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, according to the indictment. Chesebro then used that list to contact Wilenchik, as the Times reported.
Later on Dec. 13, the day before the real electors were required to certify their state election results, Giuliani and Co-Conspirator 6 joined a Trump “Senior Campaign Advisor” on a phone call to debrief them on the fake elector plot, the indictment states. This call was later recounted in an email to other Trump campaign advisors as having “morphed [into] a crazy play so don’t know who wants to put their name on it.”

So all we have is "politican consultant". Any guesses? I'm going with Ginni Thomas. JMO IMO etc...........

In February 2011, Politico reported that Thomas was the head of a new company, Liberty Consulting, which filed incorporation papers in mid-November 2010.

Last edited:
Trump is charged with racketeering, i.e. running a criminal enterprise, yet donors are eager to donate millions to assist him. To me, this defies logic. My opinion.
Of course it defies logic! I totally agree. Many of his supporters have a different agenda Imo. It’s not about logic or law and order. It is about rolling back the clock…to say take us back in time to the 1950’s for instance. They want white supremacy along with the women barefoot pregnant at home in the kitchen with white men only on positions of power. Imo it’s a very backward twisted vision. Diversity? Equal opportunity ? These initiatives are just too threatening to them. So they are willing to vote/dance with the devil. All just my opinion
Just my opinion

The sixth alleged co-conspirator is said to be “a political consultant" who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.”
This is the one listed co-conspirator whose identity is not immediately obvious. Aside from the description, the indictment states that Giuliani “spoke with Co-Conspirator 6 regarding attorneys who could assist in the fraudulent elector effort in the targeted states.” Co-Conspirator 6 then provided a list of attorneys in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, according to the indictment. Chesebro then used that list to contact Wilenchik, as the Times reported.
Later on Dec. 13, the day before the real electors were required to certify their state election results, Giuliani and Co-Conspirator 6 joined a Trump “Senior Campaign Advisor” on a phone call to debrief them on the fake elector plot, the indictment states. This call was later recounted in an email to other Trump campaign advisors as having “morphed [into] a crazy play so don’t know who wants to put their name on it.”

So all we have is "politican consultant". Any guesses? I'm going with Ginni Thomas. JMO

In February 2011, Politico reported that Thomas was the head of a new company, Liberty Consulting, which filed incorporation papers in mid-November 2010.

Whoa!!! If you are correct @LaborDayRN this will cause a tidal wave of outrage.

So all we have is "politican consultant". Any guesses? I'm going with Ginni Thomas. JMO IMO etc...........

I've seen Boris Epshteyn mentioned quite a bit as a likely Jan 6th co-conspirator, for what that's worth.

Boris Epshteyn​

“Co-Conspirator 6, a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.”

The least obvious of the unnamed co-conspirators is the last listed in the indictment. However, details, specifically emails in the indictment, suggest that co-conspirator 6 may be one of Trump’s current senior advisors, Boris Epshteyn. Born in Moscow, Epshteyn joined the 2016 Trump campaign as a communications aide through his friendship with Eric Trump, whom he went to Georgetown University with and where Epshteyn received his Juris Doctor.

Post-election involvement: The detail that points to Epshteyn as the likely sixth co-conspirator is an email to Giuliani that begins, “Dear Mayor, as discussed, below are the attorneys I would recommend for the memo on choosing electors,” and then continues on to name attorneys in the seven states the Trump team was targeting. Epshteyn has previously admitted that he was involved in the process of selecting and propping up the “alternate” — “not fraudulent” — slate of pro-Trump electors in those states. He was questioned by special counsel Jack Smith’s office in April regarding his interactions with Rudy Giuliani, Kenneth Chesebro and John Eastman.

Source:

I've seen Boris Epshteyn mentioned quite a bit as a likely Jan 6th co-conspirator, for what that's worth.

Boris Epshteyn​

“Co-Conspirator 6, a political consultant who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.”

The least obvious of the unnamed co-conspirators is the last listed in the indictment. However, details, specifically emails in the indictment, suggest that co-conspirator 6 may be one of Trump’s current senior advisors, Boris Epshteyn. Born in Moscow, Epshteyn joined the 2016 Trump campaign as a communications aide through his friendship with Eric Trump, whom he went to Georgetown University with and where Epshteyn received his Juris Doctor.

Post-election involvement: The detail that points to Epshteyn as the likely sixth co-conspirator is an email to Giuliani that begins, “Dear Mayor, as discussed, below are the attorneys I would recommend for the memo on choosing electors,” and then continues on to name attorneys in the seven states the Trump team was targeting. Epshteyn has previously admitted that he was involved in the process of selecting and propping up the “alternate” — “not fraudulent” — slate of pro-Trump electors in those states. He was questioned by special counsel Jack Smith’s office in April regarding his interactions with Rudy Giuliani, Kenneth Chesebro and John Eastman.

Source:
Oooh. That's very likely!

Imo We have seen this coming for a long time. Trump is and has always been, a one man crime wave chaos maker. He has never had an interest in democracy or serving the people. His interest is solely what benefits him. We are very much at a pivotal moment in history.
“ Emotional” thinkers vs “ logical” thinkers in this country put our way of life in peril imo. The repub parties willingness to do whatever it takes legal/illegal to win this elections put our way of life in peril. it really is not a time for the faint of heart. Just my opinion
I'm more concerned that the DOJ is being used as a weapon against the democrat's political opponent. IMO this is all about politics, not justice. It's not illegal to look for legal ways to challenge an election, but this admimistration is going after attorney's for giving legal advice as to how to challenge an election.

I'm more concerned that the DOJ is being used as a weapon against the democrat's political opponent. IMO this is all about politics, not justice. It's not illegal to look for legal ways to challenge an election, but this admimistration is going after attorney's for giving legal advice as to how to challenge an election.

Oh, It's pretty clear that this is far beyond looking for legal ways to challenge and election. That was tried and failed in court 60 times. There would be no criminal charges for those efforts.

We're now onto the illegal ways they attempted to subvert the election. Surely, by now, this much at least is a given fact.

LEGAL ways to contest an election include requesting a recount, asking for an audit, seeking remediation through the courts. It does NOT include harassing election officials, installing slates of fake electors, running an intimidation campaign against poll workers and constantly lying about widespread voter fraud.

And attorneys aren't being targeted for giving legal advice - they're being indicted because they too broke the law in furtherance of a criminal conspiracy to defraud the voters of Georgia and subvert the state's electoral process.

And again, to believe this is political you have to believe an entire score of people - dozens of grand jurors across multiple grand juries; judges; elected Republican officials; election officials; poll workers; multiple prosecutors and sworn investigators; White House staff - across multiple states conspired and collaborated against Trump et al.

Or it could be Trump and a small team of lawyers he wanted to listen to and several political operatives were willing to do anything and everything to ensure he - and by proxy they - remained in power.

JMO

Oh, It's pretty clear that this is far beyond looking for legal ways to challenge and election. That was tried and failed in court 60 times. There would be no criminal charges for those efforts.

We're now onto the illegal ways they attempted to subvert the election. Surely, by now, this much at least is a given fact.

But the facts are less important than feelings when it comes to Trump’s defenders. This is why I’ve been posting about his “victimhood” being such a powerful emotional bond with his followers (posts #790 & 793). <modsnip - personalizing> Trump has tapped into the victimhood of his base with his own victimhood (“I’m doing this for you”—-a messiah) and created a powerful emotional bond that is impervious to logic. This “cult of personality” is extremely dangerous, as we’ve seen in the 20th century (Hitler and Mussolini). I’m not sure “normal politicians” (Biden) and ”talking heads” (except a few like Rachel Maddow) truly understand this…to their peril.

JMO but supported by research

Last edited by a moderator:
Reminder: David Shafer is Georgia GOP chair and fake elector. Cathleen Latham is a fake elector and tied to the Coffee County election machine breach.

Not sure why either would be eligible for a federal instead of state trial??

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney
Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
"JUST IN: Judge Steve Jones has ordered an evidentiary hearing for two more of Trump's Georgia codefendants seeking to move their cases to federal court. David Shafer and Cathleen Latham — who both posed as electors — will make their case on 9/20."

I wish the judge would rule on Mark Meadows request to move his state trial to federal court. I'm impatient to know the decision! :)

jmo
You and me both! It's a really low bar - and I still think he has the best shot - but I also believe the judge is going to rule against him. Usually it'd go his way but the Hatch Act tactic Willis took went a very long way to show Meadows actions could only be in contravention to his official duties.

Pretty sure its posted but evidentiary hearings for Latham and Shafer's removal bids are scheduled for the 20th. I don't believe they pass the first prong of the test - that they're federal officers. It strikes me a little like me pinning a badge on and calling myself the sheriff.

JMO

But the facts are less important than feelings when it comes to Trump’s defenders. This is why I’ve been posting about his “victimhood” being such a powerful emotional bond with his followers (posts #790 & 793). <modsnip - personalizing> Trump has tapped into the victimhood of his base with his own victimhood (“I’m doing this for you”—-a messiah) and created a powerful emotional bond that is impervious to logic. This “cult of personality” is extremely dangerous, as we’ve seen in the 20th century (Hitler and Mussolini). I’m not sure “normal politicians” (Biden) and ”talking heads” (except a few like Rachel Maddow) truly understand this…to their peril.

JMO but supported by research
The rest of us though? We see it. I’m a big WW2 buff and I see the parallels. Some may say that’s hysteria, or laughable, or an overreaction, but if you’re knowledgeable about Hitler and his relationship with Germany in the 20’s and 30’s it’s not so far-fetched and it just rains red flags. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
You and me both! It's a really low bar - and I still think he has the best shot - but I also believe the judge is going to rule against him. Usually it'd go his way but the Hatch Act tactic Willis took went a very long way to show Meadows actions could only be in contravention to his official duties.

Pretty sure its posted but evidentiary hearings for Latham and Shafer's removal bids are scheduled for the 20th. I don't believe they pass the first prong of the test - that they're federal officers. It strikes me a little like me pinning a badge on and calling myself the sheriff.

JMO
You're right about the sheriff badge - the only thing I can think of for Latham and Shaker is they might slap on an elector badge and claim they served a federal function of casting votes for the president.

Except they were not electors but fake electors who met illegally and cast illegal votes. And, that was done in the name of the state and in the state capitol.

I don't understand what they are doing.

jmo

Judge Jones just entered an order for a supplemental briefing to be filed by 5pm Thursday by both parties. The issue is - if even one of Meadows overt acts (but not all) as charged in the indictment occured under the color of his office would that alone be sufficient for federal removal of a criminal prosecution?

Last edited:
You're right about the sheriff badge - the only thing I can think of for Latham and Shaker is they might slap on an elector badge and claim they served a federal function of casting votes for the president.

Except they were not electors but fake electors who met illegally and cast illegal votes. And, that was done in the name of the state and in the state capitol.

I don't understand what they are doing.

jmo
Well removing it to federal court accomplishes a lot - it eats up time, it opens up a larger jury pool in possibly more favorable areas politically (Fulton County is largely democratic) and most importantly, it allows a federal officer to claim immunity using the Supremacy Clause.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members