GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wakeford contends that no executive branch employee can use his or her office to interfere with the results of a state election. Yet the email Meadows sent to Miller regarding the fake electors shows that Meadows was trying to do just that. And he brokered deals on behalf of the campaign even though he had no lawful authority to do so under federal law, Wakeford says.

Before Wakeford returns to his seat, Jones peppers him with a few questions. Noting that Meadows has disputed two of the “overt acts” alleged in the indictment, Jones wonders if that would be sufficient to negate the state’s case against removal. Wakeford contends that it does not. Under Georgia’s RICO law, he explains, the state does not need to prove every overt act alleged in the indictment.

Next, Jones observes that removal is a “low” bar. What does Wakeford have to say about that? In reply, Wakeford stresses that as low as it may be, “there is still a bar to clear.” Simply being a federal officer is not enough, and Meadows has not met his burden here, he says.
Mark Meadows Takes the Stand by Anna Bowers

I'd been waiting for this - very lengthy but so worth it considering no cameras in the court or transcripts available. And from a former federal prosecutor who sat in on the hearing:

The federal government does not have the power to regulate presidential elections. A strict reading of Article II, Section 1, clause 4 of the Constitution would allow only regulation of the “time” of choosing presidential electors and certainly there is no known precedent for a White House chief of staff overseeing any aspect of a state election process.

Meadows’ five-hour long testimony in federal court on Monday, including cross-examination by prosecutors, was a rare sight in a criminal trial and illustrated the frailties of his argument. He repeatedly alluded to a “federal nexus” for his participation in meetings and phone calls alleged to be part of the criminal conspiracy to overturn Biden’s victory over Trump.
Mark Meadows Just Took An Enormous Risk

Last edited:
Mark Meadows Takes the Stand by Anna Bowers

I'd been waiting for this - very lengthy but so worth it considering no cameras in the court or transcripts available. And from a former federal prosecutor who sat in on the hearing:

Mark Meadows Just Took An Enormous Risk
Okay, I can be patient waiting for the judge's decision when I read this in the article, linked in quoted posted:

"Judge Jones responds by saying that the court will try to act “as fast as possible.” But he notes that this case will likely set precedent for future cases, and there isn’t much case law to guide his decision."

jmo

‘I Will Appeal’: Enraged Donald Trump Blasts Federal Judge for Not Delaying His Criminal Trial Until After 2024 Election​

Tue, August 29, 2023 at 12:00 PM EDT

TRUMP:

“Deranged Jack Smith & his team of Thugs, who were caught going to the White House just prior to Indicting the 45th President of the United States (an absolute No No!), have been working on this Witch Hunt for almost 3 years, but decided to bring it smack in the middle of Crooked Joe Biden’s Political Opponent’s campaign against him. Election Interference!” Trump wrote.

He added, “How do you have an Indictment that is based almost entirely on the findings of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Marxists, Fascists, and Political Hacks, when these same lowlifes, who have been caught lying for years about Russia, Russia, Russia, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, FISA, the Fake Dossier, & much more, purposely & Illegally DESTROYED & DELETED all of the Evidence, Findings, & Proof of the January 6th Committee? When will Deranged Jack Smith Criminally Charge the Committee?”

While the former president was adamant that he would appeal, attorney Bradley P. Moss said this would not be possible.

“Just in: he cannot,” Mos said in an X.

Other legal experts have said, “He has no right to appeal Judge Chutkan’s setting the trial in March.”

Last edited:

‘I Will Appeal’: Enraged Donald Trump Blasts Federal Judge for Not Delaying His Criminal Trial Until After 2024 Election​

TRUMP:

“Deranged Jack Smith & his team of Thugs, who were caught going to the White House just prior to Indicting the 45th President of the United States (an absolute No No!), have been working on this Witch Hunt for almost 3 years, but decided to bring it smack in the middle of Crooked Joe Biden’s Political Opponent’s campaign against him. Election Interference!” Trump wrote.

He added, “How do you have an Indictment that is based almost entirely on the findings of the January 6th Unselect Committee of Marxists, Fascists, and Political Hacks, when these same lowlifes, who have been caught lying for years about Russia, Russia, Russia, Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, FISA, the Fake Dossier, & much more, purposely & Illegally DESTROYED & DELETED all of the Evidence, Findings, & Proof of the January 6th Committee? When will Deranged Jack Smith Criminally Charge the Committee?”

While the former president was adamant that he would appeal, attorney Bradley P. Moss said this would not be possible.

Other legal experts have said, “He has no right to appeal Judge Chutkan’s setting the trial in March.”

Toddler tantrum!

"Not a great statement": Legal experts say Trump lawyer just destroyed his argument to delay trial​

Trump attorney Alina Habba claimed that the former president will not need any preparation ahead of his numerous overlapping trials because he is "incredibly intelligent" unlike the "average person." Habba told Fox News host Shannon Bream that "if this was a normal person... I could understand the concern" but Trump is "incredibly intelligent and he knows the ropes." She questioned, "What is he going to have to be prepped for? The truth? You don't have to prep much when you've done nothing wrong."

Some legal experts cautioned that Habba undercut Trump's argument that he needed extensive time to prepare for his trials. "Trump's lawyer tells FOX her client 'knows all the facts' and doesn't need time to prep for the coup trial —

while his other lawyer says he needs till April 2026 because it's so complex," noted longtime Harvard legal scholar Laurence Tribe.

Last edited:
Last edited:
This isn't much help but it's all I could find:

Co-Conspirator 6: Unclear

The sixth alleged co-conspirator is said to be “a political consultant" who helped implement a plan to submit fraudulent slates of presidential electors to obstruct the certification proceeding.”
This is the one listed co-conspirator whose identity is not immediately obvious. Aside from the description, the indictment states that Giuliani “spoke with Co-Conspirator 6 regarding attorneys who could assist in the fraudulent elector effort in the targeted states.” Co-Conspirator 6 then provided a list of attorneys in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, according to the indictment. Chesebro then used that list to contact Wilenchik, as the Times reported.
Later on Dec. 13, the day before the real electors were required to certify their state election results, Giuliani and Co-Conspirator 6 joined a Trump “Senior Campaign Advisor” on a phone call to debrief them on the fake elector plot, the indictment states. This call was later recounted in an email to other Trump campaign advisors as having “morphed [into] a crazy play so don’t know who wants to put their name on it.”

So all we have is "politican consultant". Any guesses? I'm going with Ginni Thomas. JMO IMO etc...........

In February 2011, Politico reported that Thomas was the head of a new company, Liberty Consulting, which filed incorporation papers in mid-November 2010.

I have him (Chesebro) already listed as one of them...
I wish the judge would rule on Mark Meadows request to move his state trial to federal court. I'm impatient to know the decision! :)

jmo

Impatiently waiting also.....

Reminder: David Shafer is Georgia GOP chair and fake elector. Cathleen Latham is a fake elector and tied to the Coffee County election machine breach.

Not sure why either would be eligible for a federal instead of state trial??

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney
Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
"JUST IN: Judge Steve Jones has ordered an evidentiary hearing for two more of Trump's Georgia codefendants seeking to move their cases to federal court. David Shafer and Cathleen Latham — who both posed as electors — will make their case on 9/20."

Thanks for this update - taking notes...

The rest of us though? We see it. I’m a big WW2 buff and I see the parallels. Some may say that’s hysteria, or laughable, or an overreaction, but if you’re knowledgeable about Hitler and his relationship with Germany in the 20’s and 30’s it’s not so far-fetched and it just rains red flags. MOO

Ditto here! I see it!
ByNickEWoot
·
Harrison Floyd now has bond --- $100,000. He was the only one of the 19 defendants who remained in jail beyond simple booking

And thanks for this update!

TRUMP:

Well someone is deranged and it's not Jack Smith!

TRUMP:

Even though a defendant cannot "appeal" a trial date, I betcha anything his fans will soon repeat that he was denied an appeal for political reasons. imo

jmo

TRUMP:

Feeling the pressure, he is.

Lol.

TRUMP:

Please someone tell me why the good judge does not throw his butt in jail? he has been warned time and time again not to trash and make threats against the judge and prosecutors- he is riling up his base and some nut job out there may well go after the judge and prosecutor- I guess he knows he is above the law: he can say whatever he pleases with respect to trashing anybody he feels like- and gets away with it. It is sickening and disgusting.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpeg
    IMG_0558.jpeg
    88.4 KB · Views: 8
@kyledcheney

NEWS: Judge grants default judgment to Ruby FREEMAN and Shaye MOSS in defamation lawsuit against Rudy Giuliani and grants punitive sanctions as well.

"Donning a cloak of victimization may play well on a public stage to certain audiences, but in a court of law this performance has served only to subvert the normal process of discovery."

I really can't get over how DT and his team used, abused, and tried to destroy two innocent citizens. The president of the United States - the most powerful person on earth - told vicious lies about innocent citizens and he did it for his own benefit. His lawyer told vicious lies about innocent citizens and admitted they were lies.

I am sad, to be honest, that the outcry is not louder for Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss. They have been unfairly mistreated, for the benefit of the most powerful, yet so few people seem to notice.

jmo

Judge orders default judgment, sanctions against Rudy Giuliani in election workers' lawsuit​

Story by Dan Mangan •36m

A federal judge issued a default judgment against former Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani and imposed sanctions on him in a civil conspiracy lawsuit filed by two Georgia election workers.

Giuliani, a former New York City mayor, had claimed Rudy Freeman and Wandrea' ArShaye Moss mishandled ballots in the 2020 presidential contest.

He was indicted this month with Donald Trump and 17 others by an Atlanta grand jury that accused them of conspiring to illegally reverse Trump's loss to President Joe Biden in Georgia in 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert