GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Why on earth would a U.S. attorney make any comment at all about voter fraud? That makes zero sense. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact

JMO

<modsnip - off topic>

The committee first spoke to Pak in August. CNN reported that as part of his testimony, Pak said he stepped down as U.S. Attorney in Atlanta after Trump called Georgia’s secretary of state and tried to pressure him into saying there had been election fraud.

During that call, Trump referred to a “never-Trump” official, though he didn’t specifically say Pak’s name.

After Pak resigned, Trump appointed a new U.S. Attorney, and Pak said he had confidence in his successor.

According to a Senate Judiciary Committee interim staff report, “Pak’s office had investigated and debunked various allegations of election fraud in Georgia” by the time Trump called. The report alleges that Pak had planned to stay in his role until inauguration day and he was “personally very concerned” about Trump’s efforts to overturn the election.

And:
Before his immediate resignation on January 4, Pak had told associates he had planned to stay on until the inauguration. It was later revealed, in reporting by The Wall Street Journal and The New York Times, that acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue had a phone call with Pak the night before his resignation. In that call, according to the Times, Donoghue relayed to Pak that the White House was frustrated with his failure to bring voter fraud investigations in the state. Pak himself has not said anything publicly about why he left his post earlier than planned.

By the afternoon of January 6, the shake-up had been overshadowed, first by Democrats’ dual wins in the Georgia special Senate elections, and then by the insurrection at the US Capitol.

Days later, Christine in a private call with the Atlanta’s office staff, told them that “there’s just nothing to” the election issues the office was looking into, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Last edited by a moderator:
AUG 16, 2023
[...]

The special grand jury met for almost eight months beginning in May 2022. It approved subpoenas and legal summonses and also heard testimony from nearly 75 witnesses... Unlike the separate, regular grand jury that voted on a “true bill” of indictment against Trump and others on Monday, the special grand jury essentially functioned as an investigative body for Willis solely focused on the 2020 elections investigation.

At the end of its service late last year, the special grand jury authored a final report, which made a series of indictment recommendations to the DA. The bulk of its suggestions were sealed by a Fulton Superior Court judge early this year after Willis asked for time to make indictment decisions.

[...]

... in interviews on Tuesday, three jurors suggested the charges announced by Willis largely fall in line with what they had recommended.

[...]

Each said they were satisfied with the resulting indictment and Willis’ approach using Georgia’s sweeping racketeering law.

“When I woke up this morning and started looking at the news it was relief that I was feeling,” said another special grand juror on Tuesday. “It was like, ok, what we did and the time we spent meant something because (the DA) agreed with us. And now another group of people looked at all the facts and the information and they all came to the same resolution that we did.”

[...]

... Another expressed surprise that only 19 people were charged in the indictment given the volume of evidence the jury heard about others.

“A lot of people aren’t named,” said the juror. She added that over the course of the special grand jury’s service, “we talked to a lot of people, so I’m actually impressed at how they got down to a list of this many people.”

[...]

The three jurors said they hope their final report will be released to the public soon. Not only so that the public can see what they recommended, but so they can refresh their own memories.

[...]

“I want it to not be ok to go on TV,” another said, “and spew lies to the media about fake elections... (so) people can have some sense of trust in the elections system again.”
Wait a cotton-picking minute! What is going on here???

They listened to evidence, interviewed people, learned the facts? And made a decision based on reality?

But what about believing lies repeated on Fox and other places, what about crude chants, what about disinformation? Does Four Seasons Landscaping mean nothing to these people? Don't they want to count the vote one more time? Maybe we'll find that 2 more dead people voted in Kansas!!

So I'm supposed to believe, after the past couple of chaos-filled years, that a group of people authorized by our legal system to make a decision took it seriously?

I almost feel like crying. I have to read this again. We just might be okay, USA.

jmo

Regarding the "report" reveal scheduled for Monday, 11am:

The person helping Trump prepare the "report" is Liz Harrington, a Trump communications aide. She was in the Bedminster room when Trump riffled through papers and, oh my goodness, just happened to come across a secret document about another country.

Liz Harrington "is often described as among the true believers in his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him through widespread fraud." bbm

Monday's "report" apparently focuses on election fraud. Where is that beating-the-dead-horse emjoi we used to have on WS? We need the dead horse back!

Liz Harrington tweeted, “Georgia has among the most corrupt elections in the country — and they haven’t gotten better since 2020, they’ve gotten worse!” she wrote. “Tune in Monday!”

Aha, now I know where that narrative is coming from that Georgia's elections need fixing.

Prediction: His fans will tout "watch his ratings go up!" as if that is the point of justice.

NYTimes allows subscribers to share links. The link will be good for two weeks: Trump Plans to Release 100-Page Report on Georgia Election Fraud Claims

My questions about the up and coming super special report is: Why not produce said document to investigators, your legal team - anyone - before you're indicted? Why wasn't it provided to the court when motions were made regarding the election? And why release it publicly now instead of providing it to your legal team for your defense since it will likely lead to yet another obstruction charge?

It never fails to astound me that Trump believes a public relations campaign is a valid substitute for a legal defense.

JMO

My questions about the up and coming super special report is: Why not produce said document to investigators, your legal team - anyone - before you're indicted? Why wasn't it provided to the court when motions were made regarding the election? And why release it publicly now instead of providing it to your legal team for your defense since it will likely lead to yet another obstruction charge?

It never fails to astound me that Trump believes a public relations campaign is a valid substitute for a legal defense.

JMO
Excellent question.

Perhaps the answer is that it's a crime to provide false info to the government.

But you can tweet false info. And you can give a speech full of lies. You can print lies on a piece of paper. And his fans can believe false info, which I predict they will.

jmo

According to the report, the addresses were posted on the fringe site while the jurors were later specifically targeted on other, more mainstream sites including, Facebook, TikTok, Truth Social and X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, prompting the term “Civil War” to trend Wednesday.

People are stupid. These jurors just did their civic duty. What is even the point of harassing them now? It's not like they're gonna say, "Fine, I take my indictment back. Lets just cancel this whole thing". it's disgusting. JMO

Rudy, you should have known that former guy wasn't going to help you much, if at all. Not with his own "billions", anyway. Is using a PAC to pay for Rudy's bills even legal?

lolol I'll always remember when Rudy wanted to host an "election was stolen" press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel and they ended up booking the wrong Four Seasons (Four Seasons Total Landscaping sandwiched between a sex shop and a crematorium). You just can't make this stuff up.

“After Judge Wachtler was released from prison, he told an audience at a speech he gave that before his arrest, he was always worried that the ‘ham sandwich’ statement would be the only thing for which he would be remembered. Now, he said, he wishes that the quote would be the only thing for which he would be remembered.”

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>I have quite a few family members in Georgia who do not trust the Dominion machines and believe the 2020 election was stolen as well as the 2021 Senate election. You may mock it, but they do not.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I seriously doubt a jury will disagree.

JMO
Unlike a grand jury--which only needs a majority--all 12 jurors need to agree. If my family is any indication, there will not be a majority who agree with the DA's obvious political agenda.

JMO

lolol I'll always remember when Rudy wanted to host an "election was stolen" press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel and they ended up booking the wrong Four Seasons (Four Seasons Total Landscaping sandwiched between a sex shop and a crematorium). You just can't make this stuff up.

I would have thought that Rudy and Co would have been better postponing the event, rather than being seen as
laughing stocks, once they realised it was the wrong 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member