GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... article not behind a paywall:
"The breach was uncovered last year by the Coalition for Good Governance, one of the organizers of the town hall meeting. The group is suing Georgia, seeking to force the state to switch from its current system using electronic voting machines that print out ballots to paper ballots filled out by hand."

Hold on, is this the group stirring public fears about voting, with the idea of spreading lies that 2020 was rigged?

Just want to make sure what's going on here.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Reminder from the copyright rules that direct quotes from paywalled articles are not allowed. A couple of posts have been removed.

Hold on, is this the group stirring public fears about voting, with the idea of spreading lies that 2020 was rigged?

jmo

Looks like these were the Curling vs. Kemp lawsuit people...

"The breach was uncovered last year by the Coalition for Good Governance, one of the organizers of the town hall meeting. The group is suing Georgia, seeking to force the state to switch from its current system using electronic voting machines that print out ballots to paper ballots filled out by hand."

jmo
The Coalition for Good Governance is a national non-profit that has sued the State of Georgia. They have no connection to Trump that I can find. They filed their federal lawsuit over a 2017 election. It was later consolidated with the Curling lawsuit. Their concern seems to be that the current voting machines don't provide a paper ballot so audits are impossible. Also below is a link to better explain the issues with Curling v Raffensperger.

CGC used the term "breach" because the State of GA refused to turn over information to them about the Coffee County 2020 Election investigation because it is confidential investigatory information. Below is the link to the org's website and on the right side of their page is their list of court filings including their 10/10/22: PLAINTIFFS’ FILING REGARDING KOTH DECLARATION AND STATE DEFENDANTS’ INVESTIGATIVE PRIVILEGE CLAIM. I assume that person works for Raffensperger. Much of the Curling v Raffensperger federal case is still under seal.

If Raffensperger believed any election law was broken in Coffee County, I do not believe he would have waited nearly three years to file charges.

JMO

Additionally, the Koth Declaration confirms that State Defendants are withholding factual information, not just the sort of sensitive investigative methods and processes that are intended to be protected by the investigative privilege. For example, the declaration indicates State Defendants are withholding information provided by an investigative consultant regarding analysis of the EMS server taken from Coffee County. (Dkt. 1509-1 at 4.)

That factual information is important to assessing the risk the breach in Coffee County presents to future elections in Georgia as well as to understanding the full scope of that breach, including what exactly was done to voting software and equipment used in Georgia elections. The Koth Declaration also seems to indicate that State Defendants are withholding factual information obtained through witness interviews, such as in investigator notes. (Id.)

Their concern seems to be that the current voting machines don't provide a paper ballot so audits are impossible.
I don’t understand why it’s being said that Georgia doesn’t have voting machines that provides a paper ballot that can be audited. That is how they were able to do a hand recount in 2020. It’s all too deep and convoluted for me and seems designed to create doubt in the electoral system. JMO

From 2019– Georgia buys new voting machines with paper trails | StateScoop

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Monday that his office is awarding a $107 million contract to election-technology vendor Dominion Voting Systems to replace the state’s voting machines ahead of the 2020 presidential election with new equipment that produces paper records of ballots.

Under the new contract, Georgia will phase out the touchscreen devices it has used for the past 17 years. Those direct-recording electronic machines, also known as DREs, do not produce paper trails, raising concerns about the state’s election security and the ability to audit vote totals. The new Dominion devices feature a touchscreen on which voters make their selections, and print out paper ballots to be tabulated.
BBM

I don’t understand why it’s being said that Georgia doesn’t have voting machines that provides a paper ballot that can be audited. That is how they were able to do a hand recount in 2020. It’s all too deep and convoluted for me and seems designed to create doubt in the electoral system. JMO

From 2019– Georgia buys new voting machines with paper trails | StateScoop

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger announced Monday that his office is awarding a $107 million contract to election-technology vendor Dominion Voting Systems to replace the state’s voting machines ahead of the 2020 presidential election with new equipment that produces paper records of ballots.

Under the new contract, Georgia will phase out the touchscreen devices it has used for the past 17 years. Those direct-recording electronic machines, also known as DREs, do not produce paper trails, raising concerns about the state’s election security and the ability to audit vote totals. The new Dominion devices feature a touchscreen on which voters make their selections, and print out paper ballots to be tabulated.
BBM

As well, @vls12345 said earlier ..... "I can also vouch for the fact that you get a physical, printed copy of your choices to review and submit because I am a Georgia voter."

In Georgia, when you use a touch screen to vote, you get a printed out paper that shows all the choices you make. You then look over it to ensure it's correct and then submit it. (You put the physical paper into a scanner after you review it.)

"The paper-ballot system protects Georgia against computer hackers and delivers reliable election results which can be audited using paper ballots.

The machines do not connect to the internet, which limits cybersecurity risks. They also create an auditable paper-ballot, with other enhanced review capabilities for the public.

Dominion’s product security protocols meet or exceed U.S. Election Assistance Commission Voluntary Voting System Requirements.

The paper-ballot system uses encryption, multi-factor authentication and role-based access controls."

I can also vouch for the fact that you get a physical, printed copy of your choices to review and submit because I am a Georgia voter.

Happy Birthday Glitters Smiley

♪♫♪♪♫ Happy Birthday to You!!
Happy Birthday to You!!
Happy Birthday dear @Arkay !!
Happy Birthday to You!!
And many, many, MANY more!!! ♪♫♪♫♪

♪♫ Lai dzīvo sveiks! ♪♫
(Live long & Healthy!)

Share Balloons For Birthday Smiley

"Trump campaign and allied committees raise $250 million in the weeks following the November vote."

$250 million from "small-dollar donors... in response to countless fundraising appeals that claimed it was needed to fund Trump’s election challenges in court."

Instead, he spent the money on is own legal fees and "PAC began the second half of the year with only about $3 million in cash on hand."

But, apparently, he didn't pay people who helped him peddle lies. I'm not taking paying for their legal defense, but paying them for the work they put in for Trump. Rudy didn't get paid except for travel reimbursement. Dr. Pepper-swigging Sidney the Kraken Powell didn't get paid, but her own fund-raising efforts brought in "$16 million."

Yet, "the Trump team raised hundreds of millions of dollars off the false claims of election fraud that Powell and Giuliani promoted on TV and in court." bbm

Pull out your calculators, WSers, as math might come up as a legal issue later, imo. (My hunch is he didn't pay them so he could later claim they were not working at his direction, but that's just a hunch.) Where exactly did all that money from donors go?

Several lawyers are charged in the Georgia indictment.

Rudy Giuliani
Violation of Georgia RICO Act
Solicitation of Violation of Oath by Public Officer (3)
False Statements and Writing (3)
Conspiracy to Commit Impersonating a Public Officer
Conspiracy to Commit Forgery in the First Degree (2)
Conspiracy to Commit False Statements and Writings (2)
Conspiracy to Commit Filing False Statements and Writings

John Eastman
Solicitation of Violation of Oath by Public Officer
Conspiracy to Commit False Statements and Writing (2)
Filing False Documents

Kenneth Chesebro

Jenna Ellis

Robert Cheeley
Conspiracy to Commit False Statements and Writings (2)
Filing False Statements and Writings
Perjury

Sidney Powell
Conspiracy to Commit Election Fraud (2)
Conspiracy to Commit Computer Theft
Conspiracy to Commit Computer Trespass
Conspiracy to Commit Computer Invasion of Privacy
Conspiracy to Defraud the State

Ray Smith
Solicitation of Violation of Oath by Public Officer (3)
False Statements and Writings (2)
Conspiracy to Commit Impersonating a Public Office
Conspiracy to Commit Filing False Documents

Source, first four pages of Georgia Indictment: DocumentCloud

I wonder what time today this report proving election fraud is going to be revealed at a golf course.

On advice of attorneys, the event was cancelled. Evidently, the information will be folded into the court documents. I am not surprised in the least as people were wondering what information was at the ready and why it was not previously shared to clear this who thing up.
https://www.npr.org/2023/08/18/1194...election-fraud-claims-citing-attorneys-advice

I wonder what time today this report proving election fraud is going to be revealed at a golf course.
I wonder if it will be revealed in two weeks time.

I know it's cancelled, but I still think that doesn't seem like something Trump would do.

These things are always said to be going to happen in two weeks, two weeks arrives and total silence on the subject.

I wonder if it will be revealed in two weeks time :)
That would conflict with Infrastructure Week.

Need HELP! :D

If someone can find the birth dates for these people - it would be very much appreciated. I looked but did not have any luck with these:

Kenneth John Chesebro (61) - born in 1961
Lynn Ellis
Ray Stallings Smith III
Robert David Cheeley
Michael A. Roman
Shawn Micah Tresher Still
Stephen Clifford Lee
Harrison William Prescott Floyd aka Willie Lewis Floyd III
Cathleen Alston Latham
Scott Graham Hall
Misty Hampton aka Emily Misty Hayes

TIA if anyone can help me!

Need HELP! :D

If someone can find the birth dates for these people - it would be very much appreciated. I looked but did not have any luck with these:

Kenneth John Chesebro (61) - born in 1961
Lynn Ellis
Ray Stallings Smith III
Robert David Cheeley
Michael A. Roman
Shawn Micah Tresher Still
Stephen Clifford Lee
Harrison William Prescott Floyd aka Willie Lewis Floyd III
Cathleen Alston Latham
Scott Graham Hall
Misty Hampton aka Emily Misty Hayes

TIA if anyone can help me!

Ray Stallings Smith III 10/23/1963 or 1960. I'm sorry, my search shows both 10/23/63 and 10/23/60.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax