GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people who think corporate leaders should be government leaders, Trump is a perfect example of why those types of people aren't suited to be POTUS. Authoritarian, manipulative, narcissistic, sadistic. They don't believe the usual laws and regulations should apply to them.
Yes! Exactly. The government is not the same a business. And the government is not a reality-tv show either.

Updated: 8/22/23:

GA - Violations of Georgia election laws. 19 defendants. Trump has been charged with 13 criminal counts, including:
Violation of the Georgia RICO Act
Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer
• Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree
Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings
Conspiracy to commit filing false documents
False statements and writings
Filing false documents

Tuesday, 8/22/23 - Surrender of John Eastman
Thursday, 8/24/23 - Surrender of Donald Trump
Friday, 8/25/23 – Surrender date by 12 noon.
Monday, 8/28/23 – Judge to hear motion (State to Fed court) re Meadows & others.
Tuesday, 9/5/23 – Arraignment for all
Monday, 12/11/23 – Motions Hearing
Monday - 2/20/24 – Final Pretrial Conference Hearing
Monday, 3/4/24 – Proposed trial date
Just an FYI: this thread title says Trump was charged with 10 counts. That's true in that he's charge with 10 different counts, but he's charged more than once for a few of those counts, for a total of 13.

jmo

Booking #: 2313655Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Facility:Booked: 08/22/2023Released:
NameHALL, SCOTT GDescWhite Male 6' 235 lbs
AliasHALL, SCOTT GHairGray or Partially Gray
SO #

P01135732
EyesHazel
AddressDBM
Warrant #ChargeIssuing AuthOffense DateBond/TypeFine/Crt CostsDisposition
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD (INVOLVING VIOLATION OF CHAPTER, WHICH IS A FELONY)08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD (INVOLVING VIOLATION OF CHAPTER, WHICH IS A FELONY)08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947Conspiracy To Commit a Felony08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE STATE OR POLITICAL SUBDIVISION08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947Violation Of The Georgia Rico (Racketeer Influenced And Corrupt Organizations) Act4,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond

Yes! Exactly. The government is not the same a business. And the government is not a reality-tv show either.
That said, not all business leaders are sociopaths like you know who
I don't understand why people seem to think running a business is similar to being president or being a politician- I don't see any relationship between business and politics whatsoever

That said, not all business leaders are sociopaths like you know who
I don't understand why people seem to think running a business is similar to being president or being a politician- I don't see any relationship between business and politics whatsoever
They've been told that for how long though? It's kinda like Republicans are responsible stewards of the economy and the nation's debt is just like a household credit card. Government is byzantine so it gets pitched to people in the simplest of terms - I'd argue to be manipulatively deceptive - rather like election fraud. What else did Trump have to sell himself as a candidate to moderates, centrists and independents than his perceived success?

I don't believe people are dumb but civics lessons seem to be a part of history and they do believe people they themselves trust. I recently saw a poll that indicated Trump voters trust him to tell the truth more than their families and friends. It's just dumbfounding.

@hugolowell

NEW: Fulton County DA has advised several of Trump’s co-defendants that they should surrender at the jail around 3am ET if they want a quick turnaround on their booking because it could take hours during the day, per ppl familiar. Expect some surrenders in early hours.

They've been told that for how long though? It's kinda like Republicans are responsible stewards of the economy and the nation's debt is just like a household credit card. Government is byzantine so it gets pitched to people in the simplest of terms - I'd argue to be manipulatively deceptive - rather like election fraud. What else did Trump have to sell himself as a candidate to moderates, centrists and independents than his perceived success?

I don't believe people are dumb but civics lessons seem to be a part of history and they do believe people they themselves trust. I recently saw a poll that indicated Trump voters trust him to tell the truth more than their families and friends. It's just dumbfounding.

I kinda think people are dumb LOL
Too many people have no critical thinking skills
Too many people lack common sense
and I have no idea how Trump developed this strangle-hold on millions of people- imagine trusting him more than their family and friends- it boggles the brain

@hugolowell

NEW: Fulton County DA has advised several of Trump’s co-defendants that they should surrender at the jail around 3am ET if they want a quick turnaround on their booking because it could take hours during the day, per ppl familiar. Expect some surrenders in early hours.
I expected some middle-of-the-night surrenders, but didn't expect they would be suggested.

jmo

The idea that the donors to an election PAC could foot the bill for their legal issues is sickening. The following is from an exchange between Ellis and Schlapp. The scheming just seems to continue among the co-conspirators. Jenna Ellis' question is very interesting to me...

From USA Today (Trump's former lawyer was indicted in Georgia. She wants his defense funds to pay her legal fees.):

"I was reliably informed Trump isn’t funding any of us who are indicted," said former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. "Would this change if he becomes the nominee? Why then, not now?"

"The sooner we unify behind a nominee that sooner we can use resources to fund the defenses of everyone indicted for being a Trump Republican," Schlapp said.

In her response, Ellis said: "I totally agree this has become a bigger principle than just one man ... So why isn’t MAGA, Inc. funding everyone’s defense?"

The idea that the donors to an election PAC could foot the bill for their legal issues is sickening. The following is from an exchange between Ellis and Schlapp. The scheming just seems to continue among the co-conspirators. Jenna Ellis' question is very interesting to me...

From USA Today (Trump's former lawyer was indicted in Georgia. She wants his defense funds to pay her legal fees.):

"I was reliably informed Trump isn’t funding any of us who are indicted," said former Trump attorney Jenna Ellis on the social media platform X, formerly known as Twitter. "Would this change if he becomes the nominee? Why then, not now?"

"The sooner we unify behind a nominee that sooner we can use resources to fund the defenses of everyone indicted for being a Trump Republican," Schlapp said.

In her response, Ellis said: "I totally agree this has become a bigger principle than just one man ... So why isn’t MAGA, Inc. funding everyone’s defense?"
So, she wants Trump to be the nominee so her legal bills get paid? Those legal bills come after charges that she helped overthrow an American election.

What a deplorable reason to support a candidate. imo

jmo

Trump is paying for employees legal fees but is leaving others out in the cold. According the article below, Eastman is unable to claim attorney client privilege based on "crime-fraud exception" so any number of these lawyers will be left out in the cold.

The strategy of speaking out against Trump or backing someone else could be costly. Additionally, I wonder what will be the breaking point in flipping....

MSNBC (Opinion | Why Trump's alleged cheapness could cost him big in Georgia)

"Some of those who are named in the indictment seem even less likely than others to receive help. Ellis has been a vocal supporter of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in the GOP presidential primaries. That stance has made her a target for her former compatriots, including former Justice Department lawyer, and current co-defendant, Jeffrey Clarke. Ellis hasn’t been waiting around to see whether the reports that her support for DeSantis will get cut her off totally from Save America’s financial support are true; she has already begun fundraising to help pay her legal fees."

RICO cases are notoriously expensive to litigate too but the main reason Trump has footed legal bills, imo, was as leverage over witnesses so it's interesting he's not now since what's to keep his co-defendants from seeking plea deals and potentially testifying against him?

It could just be petty vengeance but there also may not be enough money to go around too. Legal fees could be outpacing donations. JMO

Updated: 8/22/23:

GA - Violations of Georgia election laws. 19 defendants. Trump has been charged with 13 criminal counts, including:
Violation of the Georgia RICO Act
Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer
• Solicitation of violation of oath by public officer
Conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree
Conspiracy to commit false statements and writings
Conspiracy to commit filing false documents
False statements and writings
Filing false documents

Tuesday, 8/22/23 - Surrender of John Eastman
Thursday, 8/24/23 - Surrender of Donald Trump
Friday, 8/25/23 – Surrender date by 12 noon.
Monday, 8/28/23 – Judge to hear motion (State to Fed court) re Meadows & others.
Tuesday, 9/5/23 – Arraignment for all
Monday, 12/11/23 – Motions Hearing
Monday - 2/20/24 – Final Pretrial Conference Hearing
Monday, 3/4/24 – Proposed trial date
I think "Arraignment for All" would be a great name for a band! Or a song... :p

Booking #: 2313655Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Facility:Booked: 08/22/2023Released:
NameHALL, SCOTT GDescWhite Male 6' 235 lbs
AliasHALL, SCOTT GHairGray or Partially Gray
SO #

P01135732
EyesHazel
AddressDBM
Warrant #ChargeIssuing AuthOffense DateBond/TypeFine/Crt CostsDisposition
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE STATE OR POLITICAL SUBDIVISION08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947Violation Of The Georgia Rico (Racketeer Influenced And Corrupt Organizations) Act4,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Why doesn't it give the chapters that were violated ?

Eastman read a prepared statement to reporters gathered outside the jail before saying he wouldn’t take further questions, but later said that he felt the 2020 election had “absolutely” been stolen from Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xGothicBreenax