GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Atlanta News First reports on Trump's social media tweet:

"The failed District Attorney of Fulton County (Atlanta), Fani Willis, insisted on a $200,000 Bond from me. I assume, therefore, that she thought I was a "flight" risk - I'd fly far away, maybe to Russia, Russia, Russia share a gold domed suite with Vladimir, never to be seen or heard from again. Would I be able to take my very "understated" airplane with the gold TRUMP affixed for all to see. Probably not, I'd be much better off flying commercial - I'm sure nobody would recognize me."

Full article here: Donald Trump: Fani Willis ‘thought I was a flight risk ... maybe to Russia’

How is she a "failed district attorney"?

Booking #: 2313655Fulton County Sheriff's Office
Facility:Booked: 08/22/2023Released:
NameHALL, SCOTT GDescWhite Male 6' 235 lbs
AliasHALL, SCOTT GHairGray or Partially Gray
SO #

P01135732
EyesHazel
AddressDBM
Warrant #ChargeIssuing AuthOffense DateBond/TypeFine/Crt CostsDisposition
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD (INVOLVING VIOLATION OF CHAPTER, WHICH IS A FELONY)08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ELECTION FRAUD (INVOLVING VIOLATION OF CHAPTER, WHICH IS A FELONY)08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947Conspiracy To Commit a Felony08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947CONSPIRACY TO DEFRAUD THE STATE OR POLITICAL SUBDIVISION08/22/20231,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
23SC188947Violation Of The Georgia Rico (Racketeer Influenced And Corrupt Organizations) Act4,000.00
Surety Bond
Surety Bond
Interesting. If Trump is concerned about having his weight released I think he may not be able to avoid it.

Seems Scott hall above had his released. I'd imagine it would look like favoritism if they didn't do the same for ALL the defendants.

I understand that he made the comment, but I just don't think it makes any sense. If she was a failed district attorney that would imply that she is no longer a district attorney.

“Failed” is one of Trump’s favorite adjectives to describe someone he considers an enemy. If they aren’t on his side, they’ve “failed.” ;-)

Eastman read a prepared statement to reporters gathered outside the jail before saying he wouldn’t take further questions, but later said that he felt the 2020 election had “absolutely” been stolen from Trump.

I really want to see someone ask these guys "HOW do you know this? If you have not in three years been able to produce the evidence, how it is that you know it?" Because they need to have it spelled out to their face that wishful thinking does not equate to fact. Large rallies do not equate to votes. "Everyone loves me therefore I can't lose" is not factual or even rational.

How is she a "failed district attorney"?
I think this is more of his "say it to make it real" strategy -- if she loses her case against him, that will make her "failed" in his eyes. And in the meantime, if he can convince his trumpers that she is evil and a loser, they will object (peacefully or otherwise, eek) as she gets closer and closer to ruining him.

I believe that's what Trump called her on his twitter copycat site. It's in the above article. https://www.axios.com/2023/08/15/georgia-indictment-trump-co-defendants
I think she is a failed DA. She required Mark Meadows to be a witness before the Special Grand Jury and then she turned around and indicted him. That's pure political weaponization of the judicial process and it is disgusting.

JMO

Willis’ special grand jury investigation heard from 75 witnesses. Some of the more notable figures were Gov. Brian Kemp; Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr; Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger; former Georgia lieutenant governor Geoff Duncan; former White House official Mark Meadows; former U.S. House speaker and Georgia congressman Newt Gingrich; and Republican South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham.

I think she is a failed DA. She required Mark Meadows to be a witness before the Special Grand Jury and then she turned around and indicted him. That's pure political weaponization of the judicial process and it is disgusting.

JMO

Willis’ special grand jury investigation heard from 75 witnesses. Some of the more notable figures were Gov. Brian Kemp; Georgia Attorney General Chris Carr; Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger; former Georgia lieutenant governor Geoff Duncan; former White House official Mark Meadows; former U.S. House speaker and Georgia congressman Newt Gingrich; and Republican South Carolina U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham.

He could have pleaded the 5th. Being a witness doesn't mean he can't be indicted unless he had a signed immunity agreement. Being a DA and indicting someone who broke a law isn't political weaponization. It's called "doing a district attorney's job". JMO

He could have pleaded the 5th. Being a witness doesn't mean he can't be indicted unless he had a signed immunity agreement. JMO
That Special Grand Jury could not indict. She waited months to convene a second grand jury that was used to indict him. That's purely political weaponization of the judicial process. Very disgusting to me.

JMO

Last edited:
I guess in Trump speak it was just some type of insult??? Honestly I'm not sure either.
I think he is implying that Atlanta has a high rate of crime and is blaming the DA for it. You know, it's one of "those cities." imo

In fact, she is stopping a 19-person (and counting) crime syndicate in the city, which is a success, not a failure. imo

jmopinion

JMO

So she’s succeeding in the relentless pursuit of justice? ;) That all just sounds like a bada$$ prosecutor to me!

Yet he didn't plead the 5th and that Special Grand Jury could not indict. She waited months to convene a second grand jury that was used to indict him. That's purely political weaponization of the judicial process. Very disgusting to me.

JMO

Do you have a link that states they could not indict him?

So she’s succeeding in the relentless pursuit of justice? ;) That all just sounds like a bada$$ prosecutor to me!
Yes, she seems strong, competent, and confident in her case. She wrote in response to Mark Meadows:

"I am not granting any extensions. I gave 2 weeks for people to surrender themselves to the court. Your client is no different than any other criminal defendant in this jurisdiction. The two weeks was a tremendous courtesy. At 12:30 pm on Friday I shall file warrants in the system. My team has availability to meet to discuss reasonable consent bonds Wednesday and Thursday."

bbm

Ronald Carlson, a professor at the University of Georgia School of Law, predicted a federal judge would soon issue a ruling keeping the Fulton county case in state court.

“Removal of cases from state court to federal court is something that is a more typical process in the civil arena. The rules of civil procedure do allow that with much more liberality than in the criminal arena,” Carlson said. “So in criminal cases, the presumption is that, if it’s a Georgia charge, it’ll be tried in a Georgia court.”

I realize there's still debate among lawyers whether Trump et al will be successful in their removal motions but I just can't make my brain rationalize subverting democracy as part of their federal duties. It's so downright vulgar to me.

I don't believe they will be successful but I think Meadows has a better chance than Trump. JMO

ETA: Since topic's changed to one I like...malignant narcissists almost always have black & white thinking. You're either wonderful, beautiful, handsome, powerful, rich, smart - or you're a failure, a has been, washed up, disgusting, a loser, crooked, corrupt, a nobody.

Entirely dependent on your usefulness to the narcissist. If they need you, you're great and if they're done with you or consider you an enemy, you're dirt. You're often disposable to a narcissist. Malignant narcissists brains even show a deficit in the areas responsible for compassion and empathy for others...which brings me back to Trump being sadistic and enjoying hurting and humiliating others. Imagine how intoxicating it must be for him to have the power to make or break people with a post. And it really highlights how incredibly dangerous he is.

All JMO

Do you have a link that states they could not indict him?

The special grand jury was impaneled at the request of Willis, who is investigating whether Trump and his Republican allies committed crimes as they tried to overturn his narrow 2020 election loss in the state to Democrat Joe Biden. The panel didn’t have the power to indict but instead offered recommendations for Willis, a Democrat, who will ultimately decide whether to seek charges from a regular grand jury.

Willis’ office has declined to comment on Kohrs’ media appearances, other than to say they weren’t aware ahead of time that she planned to give interviews. Spokesperson Jeff DiSantis also declined Thursday to comment on the statements from Trump’s attorneys.

The former president’s lawyers expressed concern that the special grand jury had been allowed to watch and read news coverage of the case and was aware of some witnesses’ efforts not to testify. Kohrs said prosecutors told the jurors they could read and watch the news but urged them to keep open minds.

I think Meadows may have invoked his 5th Amendment rights during his testimony to the special grand jury and Willis used that fact to persuade the grand jury to indict him. That isn't remotely tied to the pursuit of justice but is instead tied to dirty politics.

JMO

The special grand jury was impaneled at the request of Willis, who is investigating whether Trump and his Republican allies committed crimes as they tried to overturn his narrow 2020 election loss in the state to Democrat Joe Biden. The panel didn’t have the power to indict but instead offered recommendations for Willis, a Democrat, who will ultimately decide whether to seek charges from a regular grand jury.

Willis’ office has declined to comment on Kohrs’ media appearances, other than to say they weren’t aware ahead of time that she planned to give interviews. Spokesperson Jeff DiSantis also declined Thursday to comment on the statements from Trump’s attorneys.

The former president’s lawyers expressed concern that the special grand jury had been allowed to watch and read news coverage of the case and was aware of some witnesses’ efforts not to testify. Kohrs said prosecutors told the jurors they could read and watch the news but urged them to keep open minds.
She called a special grand jury because they investigate only one case and can sit for longer than two months, which is exactly what a complex investigation like this called for. Special grand juries cannot, however, indict so the regular grand jury had to be used for that part. It's an entirely appropriate use of the grand jury system in Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields