GA - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 10 counts in 2020 election interference, violation of RICO Act, 14 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s manipulation, which people who con are good at. I wanna be president for life, so right after I am legitimately elected, I start planting the seeds with my adoring fans that elections are bad. The groundwork was laid for this a long time ago, and arguably, the press greased the wheels for a story. Here’s a WaPo poll from 2017, but did they actually have to ask that? Since when do we suspend elections for any reason in the US?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...oning-the-2020-election-if-trump-proposed-it/
I don't trust the election process anymore. I was watching the votes coming in on tv and actually saw them go down for Trump and up for Biden. Why wouldn't that sow a seed of doubt ?

I don't trust the election process anymore. I was watching the votes coming in on tv and actually saw them go down for Trump and up for Biden. Why wouldn't that sow a seed of doubt ?

Because Trump voters tended to vote in person and Biden's to vote by mail. So the Trump votes were counted first and Biden's count went slowly up as the mail-in votes were counted. It's called the "red mirage."

In 2018 Republican strategist (dirty tricks expert) and Never-Trumper Rick Wilson wrote a book “Everything Trump Touches Dies.” Certainly prophetic, at least for careers, as many are discovering.

NPR‘s review convinced me not to bother reading it, but I did love the title.

I didn't read the NPR review, but back when I could access Twitter I did enjoy Rick's tweets, so I read the book. I thought it was good. Witty but with thoughtful analysis as well.

Because Trump voters tended to vote in person and Biden's to vote by mail. So the Trump votes were counted first and Biden's count went slowly up as the mail-in votes were counted. It's called the "red mirage."

But I saw the votes for Trump go down at the same time.

That makes me very sad and it shows, imo, that the con job to undermine confidence in American democracy was successful.

jmo

Especially considering that the election was during the height of Covid. I wasn't about to go inside the voting precinct at that time, but made sure to drop my ballot in the ballot box outside.

This article is a good reminder that some of these folks had a window to cooperate before the indictments. 8 of them did so, according to this article. They may be the smart ones as well as the ones that will help convict their peers.

In a court filing in the case on Friday, an attorney who represents 10 of the fake electors said the Fulton County district attorney's office reached out in April to provide an immunity offer for eight of her clients.

"After reviewing the actual, written offers of immunity, each of those eight electors accepted their immunity offer," the filing by the attorney, Kimberly Debrow, said.

@AnnaBower

Here's my tally of consent bonds set thus far in the Fulton County case:
Trump: $200,000
Eastman: $100,000
Ellis: $100,000
Chesebro: $100,000
David Shafer: $75,000
Cathy Latham: $75,000
Mike Roman: $50,000
Ray Smith: $50,000
Scott Hall: $10,000
Shawn Still: $10,000

Because the “red mirage” was all explained well before Election Day and there is nothing nefarious about it. The only “seed of doubt” was sown by Trump.

Sept 1, 2020 https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/01/politics/2020-election-count-red-mirage-blue-shift/index.html

October 31, 2020 'Red mirage': the 'insidious' scenario if Trump declares an early victory

October 22, 2020 Explainer: Red mirage, blue mirage - Beware of early U.S. election wins

Nov. 3, 2020 Beware the 'blue mirage' and the 'red mirage' on election night

Electoral College FAQs Red Mirage Overview – Electoral College FAQs

The facts about mail-in ballots and how they are counted. Counting Mail-In Ballots Delays Results, But Doesn't Denote Fraud - FactCheck.org

As this information shows, many people who did not understand the “red mirage” were deliberately duped by Trump declaring himself the winner before all the votes were counted and the election was won by Biden.

Several states can count absentee ballots several days after the election too; recounts, audits, legal challenges - there are all sorts of legitimate reasons for fluctuating numbers. But nefarious actors exploit to their gain which is exactly what Trump did all the way back in 2015-2016 and never really stopped. JMO

Who wants to bet on his weight at book g, whether he will smile for the mugshot (no way!) or what foe he will wear? Lots of opportunity!!
Gamblers bet on Trump's tie, mugshot, stats as Thursday surrender nears

But I saw the votes for Trump go down at the same time.

Fluctuation is normal, not evidence of fraud. It depends on how and when a state counts mail-in ballots. Some happen more quickly than others. This country has a long history of confidence in election results…until Trump. He sowed seeds of doubt, even calling the 2016 election rigged before Election Day! Please read this very important article.

Who wants to bet on his weight at book g, whether he will smile for the mugshot (no way!) or what foe he will wear? Lots of opportunity!!
Gamblers bet on Trump's tie, mugshot, stats as Thursday surrender nears

A long red tie, of course. Blue suit. A scowl for the mugshot. I’ll go with 6’ (we shrink with age) 250 lbs.

Atlanta News First reports on Trump's social media tweet:

"The failed District Attorney of Fulton County (Atlanta), Fani Willis, insisted on a $200,000 Bond from me. I assume, therefore, that she thought I was a "flight" risk - I'd fly far away, maybe to Russia, Russia, Russia share a gold domed suite with Vladimir, never to be seen or heard from again. Would I be able to take my very "understated" airplane with the gold TRUMP affixed for all to see. Probably not, I'd be much better off flying commercial - I'm sure nobody would recognize me."

Full article here: Donald Trump: Fani Willis ‘thought I was a flight risk ... maybe to Russia’

Arrogance. Want to know what privilege looks like? Look again at what Trump wrote.

He clearly thinks only people who commit murder and violent crimes are criminals....not someone like him, who sat at a fancy desk and used a phone and his cronies to undermine American democracy.

He's a dangerous criminal and his crimes were literally against all Americans.

jmo

p.s. Someone remind his supporters that he campaigned on "lock her up".

jmo
I wish I could "like" this post 100 times!

Judge gives DA Willis until 3 PM tomorrow to respond.
JMO

Shafer’s attorneys similarly wrote that his conduct “stems directly from his service as a Presidential Elector nominee acting under the authority of the Constitution and the Electoral Count Act.”

Clark also went a few steps further, asserting asserted that the entire case — not just his charges — must be moved to federal court based on the relevant precedent. Clark is seeking to move to federal court the special grand jury proceedings, which did not vote on the indictment but previously heard testimony and recommended charges.

Clark suggested that adding the special grand jury to the removal notice requires the state criminal proceedings to be automatically paused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharlafields