Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had totally missed the "stretch mark" comment on the missing poster. What a crappy thing to include. Wow that says a lot & I agree with everyone above.

Something doesn't feel right with this case. From the missing poster "no scars other than stretch marks from her three beautiful daughters". Why put that on the flyer, it is not a good identifier? Hmmmm....

View attachment 102917
Wow!!! I never noticed that. That's degrading. Who would even point that out. Seems he would point out her flaws to cover his own. Not that they are flaws in my eyes. She is a beautiful girl by all means.

So, I totally missed the stretch mark comments on the poster! I was drawn more to the lack of tattoos and piercings which IMO portrays her in a more wholesome image. Her Pinterest does appear to reveal an interest in tattoos among other things. The pic choice was odd to me. I tend to notice people's eyes and in 2 of the 3 pics, hers are covered with sunglasses. The more recent pics from the night before and day she disappeared on the HYSH page barely resemble these pics (JMO).

Something doesn't feel right with this case. From the missing poster "no scars other than stretch marks from her three beautiful daughters". Why put that on the flyer, it is not a good identifier? Hmmmm....

View attachment 102917
I agree and had forgotten about that...just weird. imho.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Wow!!! I never noticed that. That's degrading. Who would even point that out. Seems he would point out her flaws to cover his own. Not that they are flaws in my eyes. She is a beautiful girl by all means.

Looks as though someone must have pointed this out. The stretch mark sentence has been deleted for the posters today per SM fb 4 hrs ago.

Yes, something I'd mention to the officer taking the report - not something I'd put on a poster. I did notice in the beginning - but I've also had three 9lb babies in the past 5 years so maybe my eyes are tuned to that sort of thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, I totally missed the stretch mark comments on the poster! I was drawn more to the lack of tattoos and piercings which IMO portrays her in a more wholesome image. Her Pinterest does appear to reveal an interest in tattoos among other things. The pic choice was odd to me. I tend to notice people's eyes and in 2 of the 3 pics, hers are covered with sunglasses. The more recent pics from the night before and day she disappeared on the HYSH page barely resemble these pics (JMO).

BBM.
You just made me think of something--In the older pictures she is wearing prescription glasses. I wonder if she was wearing contacts when she went missing. Since she has sunglasses on in the more recent pictures and no glasses in the last two pictures taken of her, Where are her glasses and contact lens case? Were her glasses left at home or in the car? Or are they missing?

They keep saying curly hair and all I have her with us straight hair
Maybe she had a new perm.

BBM.
You just made me think of something--In the older pictures she is wearing prescription glasses. I wonder if she was wearing contacts when she went missing. Since she has sunglasses on in the more recent pictures and no glasses in the last two pictures taken of her, Where are her glasses and contact lens case? Were her glasses left at home or in the car? Or are they missing?
Curly hair and no glasses.Maybe it was a photo of photo pasted on the snap chat?

View attachment 102917

This bugged me, too... Sounds like something he possibly pointed out to her as well. What's also been bugging me is the clothing description on the poster: "Workout clothes (stretchy pants and a tank top)"

Number one, that's not very specific (no color, etc.). Number 2, if she had been gone to visit a friend and her husband hadn't actually seen her (which is what it all sounds like to me) since at least the day before I would think she would have changed clothes and I seriously doubt she would have packed nothing but workout clothes as the pics I've seen don't suggest that she wore workout clothes all the time.

Also, what was she wearing when the Dunkin Donuts person saw her (that she told she felt she was being followed) and what was she wearing when the witness(es) at the Comfort Inn saw her arguing with the 2 (or 3) men?

Great questions! I have thought about that as well. I hope someone can answer that for us.

Slightly OT
I am trying to remember what my husband was wearing this morning? I know, I didn't like his hair. If he went missing I would not be so good at describing what he was wearing and trying to word how his hair looked to me!
I also wonder if he could describe what I looked like when seen last. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know what all I took with me if I went away for a weekend.
I am going to leave one day and then text him later to see if he knows what I am wearing. I may need to be more careful away from home.

Sent from my SM-G930V

This bugged me, too... Sounds like something he possibly pointed out to her as well. What's also been bugging me is the clothing description on the poster: "Workout clothes (stretchy pants and a tank top)"

Number one, that's not very specific (no color, etc.). Number 2, if she had been gone to visit a friend and her husband hadn't actually seen her (which is what it all sounds like to me) since at least the day before I would think she would have changed clothes and I seriously doubt she would have packed nothing but workout clothes as the pics I've seen don't suggest that she wore workout clothes all the time.

Also, what was she wearing when the Dunkin Donuts person saw her (that she told she felt she was being followed) and what was she wearing when the witness(es) at the Comfort Inn saw her arguing with the 2 (or 3) men?

These are excellent observations. I wonder if maybe the witnesses at the Courtesy Inn were the ones who described what she was wearing? Can someone help me find what day the family first created the missing poster? I want to add it to the timeline.

ETA: The first time the missing poster was shared HYSH fb page was Sept 21. The witnesses talked to family on EITHER Sept 20 or Sept 25. The news reports of the exact day were not clear but I put it down on the timeline as Sept 20 (with an asterisk) because her cousin was talking about searching the Courtesy Inn the day after her car was found when he said the witnesses told them they had seen Heather. But family also searched the Inn on Sept 25.

The poster on Locate the Missing describes her as "last seen wearing gray and green exercise clothing (stretchy pants and a tank top)". IMO the color description had to have come from the last known person to have seen her, possibly the friend whose home she was seen leaving. I'm still unclear as to whether that was the 18th or 19th. Jeep was found the night of the 19th. A relative posted on FB that she was missing on the 20th (later shared on the HYSH FB which was created on the 21st). One of the reported possible sightings of her was on the 19th around 8:00 am (on the snapchat pic post on HYSH page) one exit up from the Courtesy Inn. The Pilot is there, does anyone know if that is the one where she used to work? There is also a KOA Campground there, but I haven't seen any postings about it or whether it had been searched. The snapchat pic is supposed to be of the morning "of last known contact" but it looks to me like she's wearing a short-sleeve black shirt. So where does the green and grey outfit come into play? Was it missing from her belongings found in the car? I'm sure LE is able to retrieve her snapchat account and I would bet the last pic on there would be what she was last wearing (JMO).

If SM made the report, LE would have asked him what she was wearing the last time HE saw her, right? I'm sure it could be updated if they had a confirmed sighting of her after that point, but I have no idea.

The stretch mark thing has bothered me from the beginning as well. I remember wondering why something that wouldn't generally be seen by anyone would be relevant information. I'd be irate if my husband posted that on my missing poster.

These are excellent observations. I wonder if maybe the witnesses at the Courtesy Inn were the ones who described what she was wearing? Can someone help me find what day the family first created the missing poster? I want to add it to the timeline.

ETA: The first time the missing poster was shared HYSH fb page was Sept 21. The witnesses talked to family on EITHER Sept 20 or Sept 25. The news reports of the exact day were not clear but I put it down on the timeline as Sept 20 (with an asterisk) because her cousin was talking about searching the Courtesy Inn the day after her car was found when he said the witnesses told them they had seen Heather. But family also searched the Inn on Sept 25.
I can ask one of the witnesses from yesterday Courtesy Inn to join us here...not sure if she will.

Sent from my SM-G930V

The poster on Locate the Missing describes her as "last seen wearing gray and green exercise clothing (stretchy pants and a tank top)". IMO the color description had to have come from the last known person to have seen her, possibly the friend whose home she was seen leaving. I'm still unclear as to whether that was the 18th or 19th. Jeep was found the night of the 19th. A relative posted on FB that she was missing on the 20th (later shared on the HYSH FB which was created on the 21st). One of the reported possible sightings of her was on the 19th around 8:00 am (on the snapchat pic post on HYSH page) one exit up from the Courtesy Inn. The Pilot is there, does anyone know if that is the one where she used to work? There is also a KOA Campground there, but I haven't seen any postings about it or whether it had been searched. The snapchat pic is supposed to be of the morning "of last known contact" but it looks to me like she's wearing a short-sleeve black shirt. So where does the green and grey outfit come into play? Was it missing from her belongings found in the car? I'm sure LE is able to retrieve her snapchat account and I would bet the last pic on there would be what she was last wearing (JMO).

Thanks - I hadn't seen that poster with the color in the description. Still bothers me, though.... or at least doesn't sit well with me 😉

The Pilot is there, does anyone know if that is the one where she used to work? There is also a KOA Campground there, but I haven't seen any postings about it or whether it had been searched. The snapchat pic is supposed to be of the morning "of last known contact" but it looks to me like she's wearing a short-sleeve black shirt. So where does the green and grey outfit come into play? Was it missing from her belongings found in the car? I'm sure LE is able to retrieve her snapchat account and I would bet the last pic on there would be what she was last wearing (JMO).

The Pilot, IIRC, is where her husband works. I live about 3 miles from both the KOA and Pilot and I know there is a building at the KOA that looks like a rec building. Has it been said where that picture was taken at? Could it possibly been at the KOA building, like in the bathroom or in the rec building room? Or could it have been at the Pilot bathroom? I have looked but can't find information on where it was said to have confirmed where that picture was taken other than the HYSH fb page. The family asked if anyone could verify where it was taken and the stated they confirmed where it was taken but never stated where. That is a question I want to know is where and when was that picture taken? If it was the day she went missing then my next question is, where does the description of the black pants and green tank top come in? Because clearly in that picture she is wearing something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass