Found Deceased GA - Heather McDonald, 27, Cartersville, 19 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! May need to call in a mid life crisis and with age it could amount to trouble.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Ha! Story of my life. I could be MLC/BiPolar expert. Sad, isn't it, but I am a whole lotta fun. :shame:

Last year when I turned that awful half century, I no longer have birfdays; my wonderful DH is not even allowed to mention the B-word anymore. lol I'm pathetic.

I'm new here ... Very interesting situation. My thoughts/opinions:

- the arrest indicates a drug problem ... I do not believe it was a random case of having painkillers prescribed to herself in a non-labeled container ... this type of arrest is so indicative of increasing drug use. Somehow she came to the attention of LE.

- she was hanging at a disreputable & dangerous motel that is known to be seething with ex-cons, addicts, prostitutes, etc ... owner most likely is getting money above & beyond the price of a room ... at the very least, aware and complicit in what goes on there.

- I've had my own shady past ... there is no good reason for her to be there - she was up to something. I think she was drug-seeking, maybe partying with the kind of folks that an addict in the throes of a downward spiral becomes willing to hang with - where once she would have never dreamed that she would have sunk to such a depth. A person who is in denial will push back the niggling thoughts of children, spouse, their own well-being - all the things that normally define a mother. Also, the descent may be gradual, thus making the person somewhat oblivious of the juxtaposition of their former "self".

- my immediate thoughts were look at the spouse ... simply because of statistics. Not sure now ... don't know if he does drugs too.

- the jeep ... strange that it wasn't stolen in a place such as the Inn ... suggests staging to me. Can't remember how long it was thought to be there, but if no one took advantage of a "free ride" then my thoughts go to someone keeping an eye on that staging.

- we don't think straight when we are actively using and craving. She may have been completely freaked from her arrest and felt her only option was to engineer an "abduction" scenario.

- given the circumstances, in that particular place ... I find it difficult to believe that this was an abduction.

- perhaps the husband is in cahoots with her ... trying to raise money ...

- I feel certain that LE prob know a good deal of what the truth is. Its an ongoing investigation... they must play their cards close to their vests. This is how crimes get solved ... they gather info and keep a much to themselves as they can.

- did she overdose or die in a drug-related scenario? If so, the staging is critical for whoever was involved or present at her death.

Well, those were my gut reactions and thoughts. I may be way off base, but I have enjoyed reading the posts and the keen intelligence and out-of-the-box thinking that I have observed.

I do feel sadness all the way around for Heather, her family and friends and anyone else adversely affected by this situation. I wish it could turn out to be OK ... but I'm afraid it's just one big tragedy.

One last thought ... the person that Heather became through her choices and behaviors - that is NOT the person she aspired to be when she was a little girl. Generally there is trauma in the background of someone who ends up in such a bad situation.

Thanks for reading.

- the arrest indicates a drug problem ... I do not believe it was a random case of having painkillers prescribed to herself in a non-labeled container ... this type of arrest is so indicative of increasing drug use. Somehow she came to the attention of LE.

- she was hanging at a disreputable & dangerous motel that is known to be seething with ex-cons, addicts, prostitutes, etc ... owner most likely is getting money above & beyond the price of a room ... at the very least, aware and complicit in what goes on there.

- I've had my own shady past ... there is no good reason for her to be there - she was up to something. I think she was drug-seeking, maybe partying with the kind of folks that an addict in the throes of a downward spiral becomes willing to hang with - where once she would have never dreamed that she would have sunk to such a depth. A person who is in denial will push back the niggling thoughts of children, spouse, their own well-being - all the things that normally define a mother. Also, the descent may be gradual, thus making the person somewhat oblivious of the juxtaposition of their former "self".

- my immediate thoughts were look at the spouse ... simply because of statistics. Not sure now ... don't know if he does drugs too.

- the jeep ... strange that it wasn't stolen in a place such as the Inn ... suggests staging to me. Can't remember how long it was thought to be there, but if no one took advantage of a "free ride" then my thoughts go to someone keeping an eye on that staging.

- we don't think straight when we are actively using and craving. She may have been completely freaked from her arrest and felt her only option was to engineer an "abduction" scenario.

- given the circumstances, in that particular place ... I find it difficult to believe that this was an abduction.

- I feel certain that LE prob know a good deal of what the truth is. Its an ongoing investigation... they must play their cards close to their vests. This is how crimes get solved ... they gather info and keep a much to themselves as they can.

- did she overdose or die in a drug-related scenario? If so, the staging is critical for whoever was involved or present at her death.

Well, those were my gut reactions and thoughts. I may be way off base, but I have enjoyed reading the posts and the keen intelligence and out-of-the-box thinking that I have observed.

I do feel sadness all the way around for Heather, her family and friends and anyone else adversely affected by this situation. I wish it could turn out to be OK ... but I'm afraid it's just one big tragedy.

One last thought ... the person that Heather became through her choices and behaviors - that is NOT the person she aspired to be when she was a little girl. Generally there is trauma in the background of someone who ends up in such a bad situation.

Thanks for reading.
Welcome sldm and Thank You for bringing the thread back on topic. Sorry, I am easily distracted. I wish we had more to talk about. I guess I could bump the time line created by...Gardener, I think. If I am wrong I apologize.

Sent from my SM-G930V

The longer this goes on, the louder my hinky meter screams. I really hope she's missing voluntarily, but I'm seriously starting to doubt this. But, stranger things have happened!
Tomorrow will be a month. It makes it even more sad with the holidays approaching.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Updated: Heather McDonald Timeline and Media list

Sept 17-Sept 18 –
Possible weekend getaway with friend in Acworth (according to husband)**

Sept 18, 2016
(Morning) Heather last seen leaving the house of “a different friend” **

Sept 18, 2016
–Last known communication w/Heather-told family she was staying w/friend**

Sept 19, 2016
(morning) Heather left home to stay with an old friend (according to husband)**

Sept 19, 2016
(around noon) Heather called husband and had brief convo (according to husband)**

Sept 19, 2016
(no specified time) Heather texted her husband (according to husband)**

Sept 19, 2016
(no time specified) Heather seen at the Courtesy Inn on Hwy 411 (according to police)

Sept 19, 2016
--9:30 PM* Police find Heather's rental car, a red Jeep Wrangler, found at Courtesy Inn on Hwy 411, no sign of Heather (according to Police press release) Car found w/door open, keys on ground, belongings inside (according to her cousin)

Sept 20, 2016 –
Rooms at the Courtesy Inn were searched by Police (according to HYSH FB)

Sept 20, 2016
*** –Two reports of Heather argue with two men surfaced but the witnesses were not considered credible/reliable

Sept 21, 2016
-- Have You Seen Heather? Facebook (HYSH FB) page created

Sept 23, 2016
-- page is set up to raise funds for search/reward (HYSH FB)

Sept 23, 2016
–detective searched CCTV footage from area (according to HYSH FB)

Sept 25, 2016
–A search was conducted in the woods behind Courtesy Inn

Sept 25, 2016
–Family went door-to-door to hand out flyers in Cartersville

Sept 26, 2016
–Family searched hotel, knocked on doors in hotel and handed out flyers in area

Sept 26, 2016
--A housekeeper at the hotel told family she saw Heather arguing w/two black males

Sept. 27, 2016
--5 p.m. Volunteer searchers asked to meet at Goodwill at 929 Joe Frank Harris Parkway

Sept 28, 2016 –
WSB-TV Atlanta reported that Heather’s cousin heard from 2 witnesses that she was seen arguing with 3 men in the hotel parking lot***

Sept 28, 2016
-- 6:19 PM there are now 2 investigators working on her case (according to HYSH FB)

Sept 29, 2016
--$2500 reward offered for info

Sept 29, 2016 –Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) joins the search (Cartersville Patch)

Sept 30, 2016 –Website haveyouseenheather.com is launched to allow anonymous tips

Oct 4, 2016 –$4000 reward offered for info

Oct 5, 2016 –The FBI and GBI question people at the Courtesy Inn (WSB-TV 2)

Oct 5, 2016 –FBI and GBI search the Courtesy Inn (myajc news)

*Note: There is a discrepancy on when the car was found. At least one news source said it was found at 9:30 AM. Another source which quoted the police press release said 9:30 PM. I went with the time from the police report.

**Note: Some news stories said the last known contact with Heather was Sept 18[SUP]th[/SUP]. Another story quoted her husband as saying she left home on Sept 19[SUP]th[/SUP] and called him on Sept 19[SUP]th[/SUP] around noon to say she was staying with a friend.

***Note: the exact day these reports surfaced is not very clear. The source is Heather’s cousin who said reports were “the next day” while talking about finding the car and also talking about a search of the hotel that took place either Sept 25 or Sept 26. The report also varies in description from 2 men to 2 black men to 3 men.

Media Sources:
http://patch.com/georgia/cartersville/woman-reported-missing-cartersville
http://coosavalleynews.com/2016/09/cartersville-police-need-help-in-finding-missing-woman/
http://www.11alive.com/news/cartersville-mother-reported-missing/324059103
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/cartersville/search-for-missing-woman-in-cartersville/323767841
http://www.cbs46.com/story/33183762/police-cartersville-mother-of-3-missing
http://www.cbs46.com/story/33186523/family-and-friends-search-for-missing-cartersville-woman
http://www.walb.com/story/33183762/police-cartersville-mother-of-3-missing
http://www.northwestgeorgianews.com...cle_2af71680-84e4-11e6-a5e7-737e441611c3.html
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/207734102-story
http://patch.com/georgia/cartersville/reward-offered-help-find-missing-cartersville-mom
http://www.daily-tribune.com/newsx/item/6342-searching-for-clues
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bartow-county/mother-of-3-missing-more-than-a-week/451452242
http://patch.com/georgia/cartersville/cartersville-mom-remains-missing-police-ask-information
http://patch.com/georgia/cartersville/gbi-joins-search-missing-cartersville-mom
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/bar...search-for-missing-cartersville-mom/453835743
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/c...rch-for-misssing-cartersville-woman/329395102
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/officials-missing-mother-of-3-last-seen-at-motel/nsmC8/
I am attempting to bump up the timeline put together by Gardener via msm.

Sent from my SM-G930V

Thanks for reading.

Excellent post, imo. While I was never a user, I am the sister of one and you echoed many of the same thoughts I've had while following this case. They become strangers to the people who know them the best and strangers even to themselves and nothing else matters but chasing that next high. I think Heather got caught up in drugs which obviously doesn't put someone in with the best crowd of people. Prescription drugs are the gateway drug for many people. I don't think Heather was abducted, I believe she either staged this herself because she was no longer herself while on drugs or she OD'd in the presence of shady people. My brother lived in the woods, in his car, on the streets when he had a warm house, a loving family, clothes on his back. He didn't care what he had to do to continue with that lifestyle - the drugs were number one. Obviously a whole lot of guessing on my part, but I grew up with an addict and saw first hand how they change.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome sldm...great first post!!

I'm not sure about the extent of her drug use, but she was arrested for possession.
I have thought about staged disappearance, overdose and suicide as well.
I found this powerful poem and thought I would share.
**If you comment please don't "reply" with the entire poem, we will be scrolling all night just to read the comments !

DRUGS:
"I destroy homes, tear families apart - take your children, and that's just the start.
I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold - the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold.
And if you need me, remember I'm easily found.

I live all around you, in schools and in town.
I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door.
My power is awesome - try me you'll see.
But if you do, you may never break free.
Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul.
When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie.
You'll do what you have to just to get high.
The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms, will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in your arms.

You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad.
When you see their tears, you should feel sad.
But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised.
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways.
I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from God, and separate from friends.
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side.

You'll give up everything - your family, your home, your friends, your money, then you'll be alone.
I'll take and I'll take, till you have nothing more to give.
When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live.
If you try me be warned this is no game.*
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane.
I'll ravish your body,* I'll control your mind.
I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine.

The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed.
The voices you'll hear from inside your head.
The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see.
I want you to know, these are all gifts from me.
But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part.

You'll regret that you tried me, they always do.
But you came to me, not I to you.
You knew this would happen.
Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold.
You could have said no, and just walked away.

If you could live that day over, now what would you say?
I'll be your master; you will be my slave.
I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave.
Now that you have met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not?
Its all up to you.
I can bring you more misery than words can tell.

Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell."

Signed
DRUGS

I couldn't upload the picture in the last post.
Here it is.
c03cd6b21d21180d06cea385e7d0f1e1.jpg

This is really frightening and I while I know they prey on younger girls often from troubled homes, IMO ANYONE can become a victim. The article noted 54 adult prostitutes being arrested also. I've racked my brain wondering what (if anything) could keep me from my children. I keep coming back to the fear of them being harmed or threatened. If I truly thought that I was somehow putting their lives in danger, I could possibly believe they were better off without me. Even moreso, if my thinking were impaired. I am in no way, saying this is the case here. JMO. BTW, thank you to the posters above who offered up more insight into how powerful drugs can be, unless you've experienced a loved one addicted, it's hard to understand the hold they can have.

I read somewhere that LE had been back out to the Courtesy Inn on 10/14/16. I wonder if this is what it was all about:

http://patch.com/georgia/loganville...ail&utm_term=police & fire&utm_campaign=alert

I definitely think Heather could have been suffering from depression. Depression can lead to addictions. The music she posted on FB was sad, depressing and somewhat sadistic. It just didn't seem to fit the life of a mom. I also wonder how & by whom were these new "things" she was into, introduced to her? Her husband? New friends? Although, I am not saying she was addicted, just stating possibilities.

Oh I didn't take it that you implying I had been arrested.I was just sharing my experience on how a bonding company works,lol

People do or say strange things in times stress. I have never, though, known someone to advertise house for sale (sharing someones post) in a worrying situation as this. Stefan McDonalds FB.

Here is a thought for the day.Is it Heather the one with a drug problem or is it Stefan?? Just maybe it is him with the problem.She could have feared him leaving her for another woman and being single with 3 kids to raise alone.So she did what made him happy and kept him up with the drugs to hold on to him thinking if he was happy he wouldnt leave her.She got caught while out trying to get him more drugs to make him happy.Stefan is saying she is the one with the addiction because she is MIA and can't speak up for herself.This is just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper