Found Deceased GA - Jason Salter & Kenny Guerra, best friends & business partners, were together, both vehicles found, Fulton County, 25 Feb 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update: Shot multiple times and set on fire.
A awful as it is, it is good to see an update.

Also from the linked article:

The GBI said there are no new updates to report regarding any suspects but confirmed that agents have looked into the victims’ last known activities before they went missing.

In 2018, Salter and Guerra joined a movement to combat violent crime in the neighborhood surrounding Old National Highway and even pitched in to help the family of a young mother who was gunned down at her own store.

It looked like an attempt to portray them in a Good Samaritan type of light. Combating violent crime and helping orphans in the community.
I have no doubt they were both invested in their community, both good men who wanted to help others achieve success.
Maybe that's ultimately what led to their murders?

It's just curious though. No one seemed to know anything about where the two of them were headed when they met up that day. And since the crime is still unsolved. I guess there were no communications via cell text or other, outside of maybe calls, that would help investigators.

Killing two men, then trying to burn their bodies doesn't seem like a random crime. There is a recent case in California where six men were shot and killed in the desert. Four of their bodies were also burned. The motive in that case is said to be marijuana deal gone bad.

I think the GBI is making progress behind the scenes, but it's a complicated case to solve - JMO.

I have no doubt they were both invested in their community, both good men who wanted to help others achieve success.
Maybe that's ultimately what led to their murders?

It's just curious though. No one seemed to know anything about where the two of them were headed when they met up that day. And since the crime is still unsolved. I guess there were no communications via cell text or other, outside of maybe calls, that would help investigators.

Killing two men, then trying to burn their bodies doesn't seem like a random crime. There is a recent case in California where six men were shot and killed in the desert. Four of their bodies were also burned. The motive in that case is said to be marijuana deal gone bad.

I think the GBI is making progress behind the scenes, but it's a complicated case to solve - JMO.
Was anything ever released about wallets or financial records around the time? I wonder if they were meeting up with someone for a "business deal"? And it was a setup all along. Sad story. Hoping they find the killers soon.

Was anything ever released about wallets or financial records around the time? I wonder if they were meeting up with someone for a "business deal"? And it was a setup all along. Sad story. Hoping they find the killers soon.
GBI is playing this one close to the vest. Most of the details I've learned about this case were from family members. Early on, they were commenting on social media. Went silent pretty quick, which makes me think they have an idea what happened, but who knows? I'm sorry for their loss and now - the long wait for justice. Coming up on a year :(

Maybe they were undercover LE though or in the witness protection program? Just thinking of other possibilities.

I can see two hapless travelers being in the wrong place at the wrong time and getting shot. What I can't see is two men going to a business meeting no one seems to know anything about, leaving their cars and their phones behind then getting shot and killed and their bodies being found in a burned out vehicle without anyone having any knowledge of what they were doing.

All indications of their phones being left behind in their vehicles means whatever occurred the deceased were involved in something but only up to the time of the killing by persons unknown. If they were involved in something illegal and they infringed upon a criminal element in the city then that could be why they were killed.

Someone knows something about their deaths and I believe that's what LE is waiting for, for them to come forward. It's strange to me that JS's FB was turned into a memorial page but nothing has been added for nearly a year, not even on the anniversary of finding them deceased. KG's FB page is pretty old without much updating even by him while he was alive which leads to believe others don't have access to his passwords.

Does anyone know whether the company they co-owned is still operating? It's still listed on line.

Update: Shot multiple times and set on fire.
This article is confusing me. It seems they went missing and were found a few weeks later. But the article says they were found after firefighters put out a fire and found their bodies.

Does this mean they were burning for weeks, killed and then later set on fire, or were they alive for a few weeks? Can anyone clear this up for me?

I wonder if anyone can clarify the information in the first article dated Feb 9, 2024. The article states that the deceased were shot multiple times before being set on fire. The article goes on to say that the Chattahoochee Hills PD found the deceased remains on a farm. The local fire department was called to the scene of the fire and after it had been extinguished human remains were found within. A second article relating to JS and KG is provided as well. My question is, when did the fire department actually put out the fire? The police say they found the bodies in the vehicle two weeks after Jason's birthday on Mar 10th. So I presume that's the date the vehicle was burned. Where were they for two weeks prior to their bodies being found in a vehicle? Were they being held for two weeks? This sounds eerily similar to the murders of two men two years prior. They were on the way to discuss a joint business venture.

This article is confusing me. It seems they went missing and were found a few weeks later. But the article says they were found after firefighters put out a fire and found their bodies.

Does this mean they were burning for weeks, killed and then later set on fire, or were they alive for a few weeks? Can anyone clear this up for me?
I found it very confusing as well. The charred bodies were noticed after putting out the fire. But after a 51 day search. I read it using common sense and I still have all of the same questions that you do.

I wonder if anyone can clarify the information in the first article dated Feb 9, 2024. The article states that the deceased were shot multiple times before being set on fire. The article goes on to say that the Chattahoochee Hills PD found the deceased remains on a farm. The local fire department was called to the scene of the fire and after it had been extinguished human remains were found within. A second article relating to JS and KG is provided as well. My question is, when did the fire department actually put out the fire? The police say they found the bodies in the vehicle two weeks after Jason's birthday on Mar 10th. So I presume that's the date the vehicle was burned. Where were they for two weeks prior to their bodies being found in a vehicle? Were they being held for two weeks? This sounds eerily similar to the murders of two men two years prior. They were on the way to discuss a joint business venture.

Wow, that does sound like similar circumstances. I read that they arrested the preparator, and he's been charged. So awful for these men and their families.

They went missing in February, remains were discovered in March, and they were identified in May. Cause of death wasn't released until now. Still no suspects, everything went super quiet after they were identified, and even now, there's not much being said about who or why.
These men were targeted for whatever reason. By all accounts, they were both good men who were very involved in the community.
Someone knows something, but IMO they're afraid to say anything. After finding out the horrible way they died, it's hard to blame anyone for keeping quiet.
Hoping for justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cngmac
Back