GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From all the posts:: Jenna usedtwo phones; T-mobile (in a family plan, parents account) and another (unknownby family but later found out) a Metro pcs number. According to post nr. 140 bybrother she was not the primary accountholder. Who was? Was shelisted as a user, was it somebody’s else phone entirely?

I'm sorry.....but I thought she was not the primary account hollder....see my questions..... This is relevant....and another person paying for your phone (that the family is not knowing about) is a red flag......there are a lot shades of grey....but that is what I think.....I'm not sure about what the statement of brother ment....metro account info was at the house (what house?)
Subie has stated this was not correct about there being a primary account. The phone is in the name of Ruth Jenna . Posted yesterday by Subie IIRC. Yes I know it is confusing. It means J could have been paying for it herself.

According to the questions keep coming up It's remarkable how many people don't read the information provided. Its not an ego thing, I'm just disappointed at this moment.

Maybe this is clearer:
1. She had a job they knew about but she lost it due to the misdemeanour.
2. Since then she has been unemployed which they knew about.
3. When she moved out in April or May they did not know when exactly it seems or where to.
4. She has a phone on the family plan. (Don't know who pays for this.)
5. She has a separate prepaid phone. Don't know if she pays for that. Don't know how long she has had it. It is in the name of her first two forenames.
6. My Dad didn't switch his names, he was always known by his middle name. No he didnt drop his surname either but it was only six letters long and not double barrelled so it wasn't necessary. He didn't have a police record either in case that's your next question. :smile:

I haven't seen the source data you quoted about the phone (from the PI I think you said?)

HTH

What is your point?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since I recently got rid of my Facebook, I can only comment on what the WS verified insider - Jenna's brother - tells us. Which is that Jenna's has hid a lot of stuff from them. Idk why I'd take a VIs word for less than a Facebook page admin but whatever. From subies previous posts it seems like he's been in touch with and advised by legal professionals. I have no reason to not take his posts seriously and to heart.
Being a VI means you don't have to support your statements with fact like we do. It is up to us whether we accept the statements or not. Several of Subie's have changed or are vague. So we can still make our own minds up about what is being presented.

Oops. My post got cut short. Sorry! I am new to this site.

I see there is some back and forth on if Jenna seemed to be hiding something, so I think it is important to look at a few of the FACTS that we know thus far. None of these facts are meant to judge or be critical. It is just important to focus on the facts when we know so little....

1. She had a second phone that her family was not aware of. I am sorry, but this is a red flag. I am Jenna's age and can barely afford (and keep track of!) having ONE phone.
2. She stole money from her job (approx.) 6-7 months ago. Why? We do not know. Somebody could have been forcing/pressuring her to do this against her will. She could have done it completely on her own. We unfortunately just don't know. All we know is that "large sums of money" were taken from the cash register at her last job. Red flag.
3. Jenna's roommate wouldn't let her parents come inside the apartment. This, alone, makes me furious. And is another red flag. A young woman is MISSING. Maybe this roommate had some drugs he was trying to hide, completely unrelated to Jenna. Regardless, whatever on earth made him turn the parents away is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. This adds to the sketchiness of this whole mystery because clearly SOMETHING is/was going on in that apartment.
4. Jenna used an alias for her second phone. Justify this all you want but it is bizarre and doesn't make sense. Red flag.
5. Jenna is "on the autism spectrum and is highly functioning - but vulnerable." The family noted this for a reason. I think they mentioned this to inform the public that she can be swayed easily. Interpret how you will.

There are more facts I could note but now I have my questions:

1. Did Jenna have a history of prostitution, or not? I see that she was, then we were told that that was just a rumor, but then it was actually not a rumor...? Can this be confirmed somehow? This is nobodies business but the families and I hate seeing anybody exploited like this - but it is a pretty important question in regards to the whole disappearance. Prostitution, trafficking, etc. It's a slippery slope. If she had dabbled in any type of prostitution, that's a vital angle. A difficult one to approach, but important nonetheless.

2. I think it is great and admirable that Jenna wanted to be independent - but I am confused as to how she lived day to day. Again, I hate digging into somebodies personal life like this (none of my business and I am the last person who would ever judge anyone) but really, what was going on here? Jenna had an apartment the family did not know about - a phone that the family did not know about - and no job [that we are aware of! could have had a job, but nobody on this thread seems to mention one post-pet store]. How was Jenna getting money? Was the family helping? Did she have savings from previous jobs? Did she ever give the money back from the pet store or could she potentially be using that? Realistically, Jenna was getting money somewhere. If there had been any on-the-books jobs she had post-pet store, LE would be able to verify I'm sure.

3. It has now been what, 3 weeks or so since Jenna was confirmed missing? I am baffled by the lack of media and how many unanswered questions there are. Something is not right about all of this. There is a lot we don't (and probably can't) know. But something just doesn't sit right with me.

If I HAD to come up with a theory right now - it would be this - Jenna got involved with the wrong crowd / wrong boy - going back to instagram account w/ references to pimping and clubs on cambleton road (bad area of atlanta, bad), stopping on english ave (again, bad area), multiple gas station stops day before she vanished (this will continue to baffle me) and just looking at the big picture. swayed easily, vulnerable - i think the situation went from bad to worse - fast.

I really hope that Jenna is okay. I hate that the family is having to endure this. It is so unfair. Please let us know what else can be done to get this story out there more and whatever else you may need. --- I live in druid hills as well, xox

According to the questions keep coming up It's remarkable how many people don't read the information provided. Its not an ego thing, I'm just disappointed at this moment.

I find I have to breathe into paper bags reading here!!!!

Subie has stated this was not correct about there being a primary account. The phone is in the name of Ruth Jenna . Posted yesterday by Subie IIRC. Yes I know it is confusing. It means J could have been paying for it herself.

Then please alter the case-story I made.....everybody has comments, questions already asked, included in the timeline...do your thing.....

Well since I recently got rid of my Facebook, I can only comment on what the WS verified insider - Jenna's brother - tells us. Which is that Jenna's has hid a lot of stuff from them. Idk why I'd take a VIs word for less than a Facebook page admin but whatever. From subies previous posts it seems like he's been in touch with and advised by legal professionals. I have no reason to not take his posts seriously and to heart.
My post was not claiming that the VI is lying but more at getting the point across that there is no hard evidence to support the negative stuff being said about the victim. Our VI even stated himself that the prostitution remarks made to LE were by a disgruntled ex and not by himself as the media had reported. You cant judge her on rumours. In fact.... i have just stopped writing what i was going to put next as it will be taken out of context im sure. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and lots more that can be done to find her so im sitting tight and waiting.

FYI as you have recently come away from fb....our VI is the admin for the page.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Oops. My post got cut short. Sorry! I am new to this site.

I see there is some back and forth on if Jenna seemed to be hiding something, so I think it is important to look at a few of the FACTS that we know thus far. None of these facts are meant to judge or be critical. It is just important to focus on the facts when we know so little....

1. She had a second phone that her family was not aware of. I am sorry, but this is a red flag. I am Jenna's age and can barely afford (and keep track of!) having ONE phone.
2. She stole money from her job (approx.) 6-7 months ago. Why? We do not know. Somebody could have been forcing/pressuring her to do this against her will. She could have done it completely on her own. We unfortunately just don't know. All we know is that "large sums of money" were taken from the cash register at her last job. Red flag.
3. Jenna's roommate wouldn't let her parents come inside the apartment. This, alone, makes me furious. And is another red flag. A young woman is MISSING. Maybe this roommate had some drugs he was trying to hide, completely unrelated to Jenna. Regardless, whatever on earth made him turn the parents away is completely unacceptable and ridiculous. This adds to the sketchiness of this whole mystery because clearly SOMETHING is/was going on in that apartment.
4. Jenna used an alias for her second phone. Justify this all you want but it is bizarre and doesn't make sense. Red flag.
5. Jenna is "on the autism spectrum and is highly functioning - but vulnerable." The family noted this for a reason. I think they mentioned this to inform the public that she can be swayed easily. Interpret how you will.

There are more facts I could note but now I have my questions:

1. Did Jenna have a history of prostitution, or not? I see that she was, then we were told that that was just a rumor, but then it was actually not a rumor...? Can this be confirmed somehow? This is nobodies business but the families and I hate seeing anybody exploited like this - but it is a pretty important question in regards to the whole disappearance. Prostitution, trafficking, etc. It's a slippery slope. If she had dabbled in any type of prostitution, that's a vital angle. A difficult one to approach, but important nonetheless.

2. I think it is great and admirable that Jenna wanted to be independent - but I am confused as to how she lived day to day. Again, I hate digging into somebodies personal life like this (none of my business and I am the last person who would ever judge anyone) but really, what was going on here? Jenna had an apartment the family did not know about - a phone that the family did not know about - and no job [that we are aware of! could have had a job, but nobody on this thread seems to mention one post-pet store]. How was Jenna getting money? Was the family helping? Did she have savings from previous jobs? Did she ever give the money back from the pet store or could she potentially be using that? Realistically, Jenna was getting money somewhere. If there had been any on-the-books jobs she had post-pet store, LE would be able to verify I'm sure.

3. It has now been what, 3 weeks or so since Jenna was confirmed missing? I am baffled by the lack of media and how many unanswered questions there are. Something is not right about all of this. There is a lot we don't (and probably can't) know. But something just doesn't sit right with me.

If I HAD to come up with a theory right now - it would be this - Jenna got involved with the wrong crowd / wrong boy - going back to instagram account w/ references to pimping and clubs on cambleton road (bad area of atlanta, bad), stopping on english ave (again, bad area), multiple gas station stops day before she vanished (this will continue to baffle me) and just looking at the big picture. swayed easily, vulnerable - i think the situation went from bad to worse - fast.

I really hope that Jenna is okay. I hate that the family is having to endure this. It is so unfair. Please let us know what else can be done to get this story out there more and whatever else you may need. --- I live in druid hills as well, xox

Agree with all of this!

What is your point?????

I'm so frustrated with this thread, especially bc of posts like you've quoted. Jenna's brother has been very honest with us, even sharing the aspects of Jenna's life that may not be wholesome. But some people are not willing to believe the less than wholesome things, so it's just going to be a back and forth which does no good. Unfortunately when you have a MP you have to analyze the good and the bad of their lives. Some people here are refusing to entertain that there can be not so good aspects, which is counterproductive IMO. I'm going to dip out of Jenna's thread for now.

Subie I wish you all the best and will be praying for Jenna and your family.

What is your point?????

My point is I disagree with you. I gave you the source for my statement, which you asked me for but you have not given me your source or withdrawn it. What's your point?

My post was not claiming that the VI is lying but more at getting the point across that there is no hard evidence to support the negative stuff being said about the victim. Our VI even stated himself that the prostitution remarks made to LE were by a disgruntled ex and not by himself as the media had reported. You cant judge her on rumours. In fact.... i have just stopped writing what i was going to put next as it will be taken out of context im sure. There are still a lot of unanswered questions and lots more that can be done to find her so im sitting tight and waiting.

FYI as you have recently come away from fb....our VI is the admin for the page.

If our VI is the admin then there shouldn't be any confusion between what's stated here and on that page. Again I can't speak for fbook bc I deactivated my page.

Then please alter the case-story I made.....everybody has comments, questions already asked, included in the timeline...do your thing.....
We can't change your timeline. You have to do that. I thought you had seen Subie's post changing that. Do you want me to find it and quote it? I can but it will have to be tomorrow now.

We can't change your timeline. You have to do that. I thought you had seen Subie's post changing that. Do you want me to find it and quote it? I can but it will have to be tomorrow now.
Ideally, it would be good to start afresh on a new thread with an updated timeline and updated Q&A's at the start.

Tempers are fraught this evening. Im in the uk and its nearly midnight so goodnight all.

Hopefully tomorrow we get some news.

To Shiressleuth....Whatever ...sorry..I did not do anything bad,,not harm or bullied somebody....always, always was very respectful, honest and kind to everybody.....of course I want to follow the rules....but I don't know TOS, just trying to be a decent person ...I had contact with another mod...and there was absolutely no problem... Sleep well....I have to go now too. If II have time and energy will come back to this later......

Jenna, where are you? I always try to stay away from the real emotions....but hell if my brother was missing...I would go crazy....Subie feel with you....

My point is I disagree with you. I gave you the source for my statement, which you asked me for but you have not given me your source or withdrawn it. What's your point?

Maybe while I'm searching back through 1,000 posts, I can also ask Subie if she left her account info "lying out" and when/how they learned of the second phone.

I understand that you think she wasn't hiding anything from anyone by having a second phone in a different name and that there could be some banal reason (other than what you think others here are implying).

You don't know for sure. None of us do. Disagreeing with people here is irrelevant.

We are not detectives, just random people trying to piece together what little info we have because, for whatever reason, we care about these people and want to help in some way.

Been following this story closely - live in the same area as the family -- have a few questions

:greetings:

:welcome6:

Sass Sasssssy *Sassysleuthie*
:cheer:

We are so happy you are here

Please hop on board and post away

If you need anything, or have any questions, please refer to the FAQ page

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/faq.php

And as always, there are no dumb questions so ask, ask, ask!
:confetti: :confetti:​

To Shiressleuth....Whatever ...sorry..I did not do anything bad,,not harm or bullied somebody....always, always was very respectful, honest and kind to everybody.....of course I want to follow the rules....but I don't know TOS, just trying to be a decent person ...I had contact with another mod...and there was absolutely no problem... Sleep well....I have to go now too. If II have time and energy will come back to this later......

Jenna, where are you? I always try to stay away from the real emotions....but hell if my brother was missing...I would go crazy....Subie feel with you....
No problem. Hoping for good news tomorrow.

Maybe while I'm searching back through 1,000 posts, I can also ask Subie if she left her account info "lying out" and when/how they learned of the second phone.

I understand that you think she wasn't hiding anything from anyone by having a second phone in a different name and that there could be some banal reason (other than what you think others here are implying).

You don't know for sure. None of us do. Disagreeing with people here is irrelevant.

We are not detectives, just random people trying to piece together what little info we have because, for whatever reason, we care about these people and want to help in some way.

AFAIK I have tried to answer what you have asked politely where possible. I have quoted the post you asked for as reference and I have given reasons for my views. I don't think I have to justify why I disagree, but I have attempted to explain. None of us know for sure I do agree there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966