GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets me thinking...what if this also has to do with being upset about being rejected by the guy she was interested in? Trying to imagine a different scenario now. Let's say you were supposed to go over to see this guy you liked, and you talked to them about everything, and wanting them, asking them if they would take it more seriously - but then they rejected you. So you drive home, upset. Take the phone(s) and even forget your shoes in upsetness.

None of this matches with the idea of there being a male in the car and the weird numbers on the one phone or why a tapestry would be missing (unless you bring that to them to try to impress them? along with driving your mom's car - maybe they said something mean about your car?), but just wanted to throw this theory out there. I certainly would be upset if that was a discussion taking place the same night.
I don't understanf why the family think she came back and changed cars. What evidence do they have for that?Nobody has seen her driving her own car. It could even be in a garage somewhere or lent to someone. So exactly what evidence is there that she did these things (the disarray, the missing tapestry and suitcase) or that she went into the house at all? She could have taken the suitcase and tapestry at any time that she wanted, it didn't have to be late that night. AJMO.

When her brother ics referring to her Google Maps timeline, I wonder if he's seeing 14th and Crescent as a destination, or just noting that she drove by that area on the map. The timeline seems to note when you're at a specific location (i.e. "Opera Nightclub | 11:05PM - 11:27PM"), and it doesn't sound like that happened here. I don't use that feature, so I had to do some googling to find out what information it shows.

I wonder if she ever did any driving for Uber or Lyft, especially since she hadn't been employed for a few months. It would be one scenario that might encompass multiple gas station stops a day and swinging by an area with clubs to pick up a fare before heading home. If her mother's car was nicer/cleaner/larger, that might be a reason to be driving it instead of her own. I would assume this would show up on her email, though. She does like "Drive with Lyft" on Facebook.

Her brother has said they "assume" she returned with a tall male passenger. There may be a witness or CCTV that they're not releasing for some reason, but are they possibly just basing this on having the passenger seat all the way back? I know I always keep my passenger seat fully back, unless someone is sitting in the rear.

The townhouse guy sounds very much like a friends with benefits situation to me. Late night visits, her wanting a relationship, but him not--I definitely get that vibe. Depending on his own relationship status, I could see this being an issue.

I am also local, and the disappearance and lack of coverage are very odd, but if a voluntary disappearance, it's worrying that none of her credit cards and phones have been used. It also sounds like while Jenna was capable of living a double life, if you will, she wasn't so great at being subtle about doing so, imo? She was refusing to answer some questions from her family, stealing, etc., but the questions were there, the arrest came out. A successful voluntary disappearance requires a lot of putting yourself in someone else's shoes and self-awareness to cover your tracks, and this would potentially be difficult for someone on the spectrum.

Sorry this is all over the place, I've been on vacation without my log-in and have 47 pages worth of reactions/thoughts.
I did also wonder if she was taxiing people around based on the circular route and the numerous stops. She had lost her job some months ago and that could have been how she was earning some money. Otherwise how was she managing? Were family aware how she was coping financially?
It could help to know her circumstances. AJMO.

I did also wonder if she was taxiing people around based on the circular route and the numerous stops. She had lost her job some months ago and that could have been how she was earning some money. Otherwise how was she managing? Were family aware how she was coping financially?
It could help to know her circumstances. AJMO.

Uber driver? But that would be all over LE investigation by now I would assume.

If she left the area of where her family and apartment was (e.g. if she was located as some point towards the east Atlanta side, near the intersection of 285 on North Decatur Road... :escape: towards Lithonia/Panola Road or Conyers or Stone Mountain/Redan Road... game on as to what is going on as to that area of town... :notgood: )

I feel like being an uber driver or whatever is unlikely since the woman who spoke about the gas stations on the find Jenna facebook page said that her debit card showed small purchases at them. An uber driver wouldn't buy stuff at each one...

I think her brother meant "we have a townhouse" as in they found info that ties her location to the townhouse. I've noticed similar language on other things they have found from him (or other posters) if I recall correctly.

I feel like being an uber driver or whatever is unlikely since the woman who spoke about the gas stations on the find Jenna facebook page said that her debit card showed small purchases at them. An uber driver wouldn't buy stuff at each one...

Don't know specifics, but from your post info, my take away is that someone said a normal purchase amount, vs. differentiation of the other option of taking a maximum amount out of an ATM or cash back at a gas station. ( :thinking: but why go to a gas station to take out of an ATM vs. a bank... only reason I can think of is at a bank, you have your FACE FOREVER on camera) Also, when I personally buy gas, I ALWAYS go to the same brand.

I have no information on such, but if I did, I would look to see if those stations had an ATM.

This is the first time I've ever even read a post thread and you all seem to be so versed-it's amazing. Hopefully LE has read.

It keeps being said that "there hasn't been much coverage" and I agree-I live in the same town. For those of you who have much more experience than myself- is it noticeably less than other missing 20 somethings?
I personally can only *recall*see coverage of missing children, wives, elderly, mothers etc-but not 20 somethings? Unless there are some obvious signs of foul play-like evidence of a struggle. Maybe I've just missed it. Is there generally (and sadly/unfairly) less PR given to unattached people w/no signs of foul play. Or, just in this case?
I can't imagine the FBI would be involved in any real way if it was thought to be voluntary.

The missing "tapestry" (it's a quilt block/fabric piece) is so odd to me. The only value the tapestry would have would be sentimental I think. I wonder if it was a family heirloom or something that reminded her of home to take with her. Or maybe to wrap something sentimental in-but that seems like a lot of work. Or it could have been taken as a red herring. Seems like there would have been easier red herrings around.

Uber driver? But that would be all over LE investigation by now I would assume.

If she left the area of where her family and apartment was (e.g. if she was located as some point towards the east Atlanta side, near the intersection of 285 on North Decatur Road... :escape: towards Lithonia/Panola Road or Conyers or Stone Mountain/Redan Road... game on as to what is going on as to that area of town... :notgood: )

I didn't mention uber I just said taxiing meaning unofficially, perhaps friends, aquaintances, barworkers, for cash in hand. What was she doing for her living expenses and rent and fuel otherwise? Also how does a FB person know anything about Jenna's card transactions? Were the details of the amounts shown ? Perhaps Subi could put that up on here for us?

It's relative to some. Gas at $30.00 is a small purchase, compared to $600 out of the ATM on site?

So I wonder if that Atlanta housing group lead has been checked out? It would be embarassing (but in a good way) if J was just moving apartments without letting her family know again. Also, Subie was seeing Detectives again yesterday so it would be good to have the latest on how things are going.with the case. Hoping for some positive news.

Don't know specifics, but from your post info, my take away is that someone said a normal purchase amount, vs. differentiation of the other option of taking a maximum amount out of an ATM or cash back at a gas station. ( :thinking: but why go to a gas station to take out of an ATM vs. a bank... only reason I can think of is at a bank, you have your FACE FOREVER on camera) Also, when I personally buy gas, I ALWAYS go to the same brand.

I have no information on such, but if I did, I would look to see if those stations had an ATM.

JMO but my bank activity clearly shows the difference between an ATM withdrawal, a purchase, as well as purchases with cash back. Also, she would likely have a separate line item for "non ATM fee". I don't remember reading the details of these gas station charges (if someone could point me in that direction I'd appreciate it) so I could be mentioning things that are irrelevant.

On the public facebook page Help Find Jenna...look in the comments on the post from last Thursday. Obviously this is not verified information so take it as you will..:

This case does seem different than most I have followed on WS.
Of course interest in cases and the amount of information the public is given varies widely. Hard to put my finger on exactly why this one seems different. I would think there would be tons of posts on Nextdoor and lots more activity on the Facebook page at least. Just my opinion but I am thinking investigators know something iwe are not privy to that is keeping them from giving the public information and asking for their help.

This is the first time I've ever even read a post thread and you all seem to be so versed-it's amazing. Hopefully LE has read.

It keeps being said that "there hasn't been much coverage" and I agree-I live in the same town. For those of you who have much more experience than myself- is it noticeably less than other missing 20 somethings?
I personally can only *recall*see coverage of missing children, wives, elderly, mothers etc-but not 20 somethings? Unless there are some obvious signs of foul play-like evidence of a struggle. Maybe I've just missed it. Is there generally (and sadly/unfairly) less PR given to unattached people w/no signs of foul play. Or, just in this case?
I can't imagine the FBI would be involved in any real way if it was thought to be voluntary.

The missing "tapestry" (it's a quilt block/fabric piece) is so odd to me. The only value the tapestry would have would be sentimental I think. I wonder if it was a family heirloom or something that reminded her of home to take with her. Or maybe to wrap something sentimental in-but that seems like a lot of work. Or it could have been taken as a red herring. Seems like there would have been easier red herrings around.

On the public facebook page Help Find Jenna...look in the comments on the post from last Thursday. Obviously this is not verified information so take it as you will..:
I'm not seeing anything new but I could be looking in the wrong place. Is it the post with 44 comments?

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

JMO but my bank activity clearly shows the difference between an ATM withdrawal, a purchase, as well as purchases with cash back. Also, she would likely have a separate line item for "non ATM fee". I don't remember reading the details of these gas station charges (if someone could point me in that direction I'd appreciate it) so I could be mentioning things that are irrelevant.

My debit card does not give that kind of detail at all. And sometimes it will say "signature purchase" when there was no signature involved.

Thanks K.jill. That makes so much sense.

It is the only thing that makes sense to me...but I could be completely wrong. I just hope Jenna's case is being handled in the best way possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966