GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably unrelated, but I did some digging and this case of a 25 year-old woman disappearing many years ago from Lenox mall in Atlanta remains unsolved http://www.buckhead.net/history/mystery/msl_a.html the woman was from North Carolina and her credit card was similarly used at gas stations. Jenna has connections including a best friend in North Carolina. Car was moved and parked again where it was taken from. Probably nothing, but want to throw it out there due to some similarities.

In case the link isn't allowed here is the link to the websleuths page on Mary: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?31907-GA-Mary-Shotwell-Little-25-Atlanta-14-Oct-1965

there are several other unsolved cases related to Mary's case listed in the websleuths link. All were brunette women in their 20s.

I dont know about anyone else but I am totally confused.

when exactly was the last time mom and dad actually saw their daughter.

why didnt anyone know where. she was living.
she had been in some trouble previously.

we really need to go back to the beginning.
jmo

I agree. I feel like there is so much extra information aside from the timeline. Like bits and pieces of the social interactions that wouldn't necessarily be on the timeline because we aren't sure where to put it. To be honest, each time I check-in, there is more people interaction that is added. My notes are sooooooo long.

I don't know if we could divide up the posts, because there are so many and then put them together via email and post. Is that possible or silly? Just to at least put it all together in one place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont know anything about him, he wouldn't talk to us much. Just said he told Jenna it was only supposed to be temporary until she found a better place

You know his name? Not asking you to post it here, but have you done some research to find any information on your own about him? Has the P.I. given you any information about him? Facebook/social meida, job, car...anything?

Yes, and they brought a small box of clothes back to the house, thats all she has apparently there. The appartment really lacked any major furniture other than a couch and a few other things. Which is odd.

Finger prints should be in the car..I agree, but according to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If so that means someone wiped it down

This is really odd...her name was on the lease of that apartment and she didn't have an actual living space for her own? Just clothes, not even a bed. The guy staying there was not helpful at all, after you found out this was her address, wanted the family to get a warrant to get in the place....he used her car and didn't want to give it back after using, giving confusing information on what time he actually saw her. Or I'm I mixing a couple of things up now?

I dont know anything about him, he wouldn't talk to us much. Just said he told Jenna it was only supposed to be temporary until she found a better place

Wait, I thought you said she was the one on the lease (post 316 first thread). Did you mean he was the one on the lease?

Now they're saying the car was found on Defoors Place by a recording studio. This is the one I mentioned a few pages back that has caused trouble for the neighborhood. Bad news in my opinion. The place has had shootings and a murder in the last two years. Cant be just a coincidence

Yes, and they brought a small box of clothes back to the house, thats all she has apparently there. The appartment really lacked any major furniture other than a couch and a few other things. Which is odd.

Finger prints should be in the car..I agree, but according to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If so that means someone wiped it down

Subie is this the same apartment and guy ( ex BF ) who initially refused to help Jenna's family ?

This is really odd...her name was on the lease of that apartment and she didn't have an actual living space for her own? Just clothes, not even a bed. The guy staying there was not helpful at all, after you found out this was her address, wanted the family to get a warrant to get in the place....he used her car and didn't want to give it back after using, giving confusing information on what time he actually saw her. Or I'm I mixing a couple of things up now?
im thinking she was paying for apt wanted him out maybe. she was on the lease but was he?

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that Friday we know she had been driving my mom's car.

Only reason I can think of is that
A) she didn't have enough gas in her car
B) she had let someone else drive it. We have 2 of her friends that have told us that this "ex" / our original poi had taken her car for a day early August and wouldn't return it.

The ex is the one that also claimed she came by his apartment that Friday night and he told her that the relationship wasn't going anywhere .

Now according to Google time line she had not gone to his place at all that day. Unless it had been after 1130 pm (when the time line ends). He told us it was 11pm and he told the police / pi it was 10pm. That's what makes this suspicious. We also have some tips from others via email yesterday saying they know he was at my parents Friday night (trying to verify)

Now as to what actually happened I'm still baffled. We are looking at everything from trafficking to possible drug overdose , but feels like something was staged. No fingerprints on the picture frame (from initial reports) , no fingerprints on her car , and her suitcase missing

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is this the same possible POI you mentioned before in thread 1? Because of all the extra information added by you since thread 1 was closed I don't have a clear view on this anymore. I have the feeling this was somebody else than "her apartment guy". It would be nice if you clear this one up, knowing now so much more.

Yes I saw it here: http://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/car-not-woman-found/

"...There’s a video camera on one of the buildings across the street from where the car was, but they haven’t told us what they found on there.”

He said the building with the camera is a recording studio.

This is good to know there IS some footage available. Hopefully it's fruitful!

Also, I've been thinking about the multiple gas station stops. Most gas stations offer cash back with purchase-usually $10 max. Not sure whether the ones she visited do this. But, could it be that she was trying to obtain a certain amount of cash & with the likely $10 cash back limit, she stopped at subsequent gas stations along her route?!
Just throwing the idea out there. I have so many theories right now but still looking into them before posting!

This is good to know there IS some footage available. Hopefully it's fruitful!

Also, I've been thinking about the multiple gas station stops. Most gas stations offer cash back with purchase-usually $10 max. Not sure whether the ones she visited do this. But, could it be that she was trying to obtain a certain amount of cash & with the likely $10 cash back limit, she stopped at subsequent gas stations along her route?!
Just throwing the idea out there. I have so many theories right now but still looking into them before posting!

I thought that this depended on what kind of card you use if you are allowed to take a surplus amount of money above your purchase. Couldn't that be seen on the bank-account (I thought the family had access to it)? I was thinking the same thing about somehow generating cash money. I also thought somebody else could have used her card...as possible POI was using Jenna for the lease, for her car...what more?

I apologize if this has been answered, I've been getting confused so I may have forgotten. Why do you think Jenna chose to live in those conditions instead of at your parents home? Was it a matter of her wanting to be independant? I can't help but worry that this guy is bad news. It sounds like a drug or pimp house to me. JMO and I don't mean any offense.

I apologize if this has been answered, I've been getting confused so I may have forgotten. Why do you think Jenna chose to live in those conditions instead of at your parents home? Was it a matter of her wanting to be independant? I can't help but worry that this guy is bad news. It sounds like a drug or pimp house to me. JMO and I don't mean any offense.
That we don't know, and really curious on how she met this roommate. It may have been a friend of a friend but who knows.

Long story short. After the incident at the store she worked at, parents had noticed that she was staying out late, not helping as much around the house. Had requested that she respect house rules (like any adult should). It finally came down to us all talking and saying that maybe having to move out would help her grow up a little, be motivated to find a job etc. We had offered to still help.her financially as long as she worked on finding a job. Parents had also bought her that Mazda 6 after her last car crapped out. And she needed transportation to go to job counseling and interviews etc

That we don't know, and really curious on how she met this roommate. It may have been a friend of a friend but who knows.

Long story short. After the incident at the store she worked at, parents had noticed that she was staying out late, not helping as much around the house. Had requested that she respect house rules (like any adult should). It finally came down to us all talking and saying that maybe having to move out would help her grow up a little, be motivated to find a job etc. We had offered to still help.her financially as long as she worked on finding a job. Parents had also bought her that Mazda 6 after her last car crapped out. And she needed transportation to go to job counseling and interviews etc

Wait to confirm - the roommate is also the ex bf right?

I totally understand your parents requests. Did Jenna seem excited about moving out, angry at your parents, nervous, etc?

Totally understandable...same here....

Wait to confirm - the roommate is also the ex bf right?

I totally understand your parents requests. Did Jenna seem excited about moving out, angry at your parents, nervous, etc?

Different person. All we know is that this ex is the POI that I postedin the other thread.

I thought that this depended on what kind of card you use if you are allowed to take a surplus amount of money above your purchase. Couldn't that be seen on the bank-account (I thought the family had access to it)? I was thinking the same thing about somehow generating cash money. I also thought somebody else could have used her card...as possible POI was using Jenna for the lease, for her car...what more?

To my knowledge, the card type (MasterCard/Visa) doesn't matter at all. As long as it's a debit card (along with the pin), you can request cash back. Of course this is only if the merchant offers cash back to its customers.

Different person. All we know is that this ex is the POI that I postedin the other thread.

Ok thank you for clearing that up for me. Did you find any connection between the roommate and that phone number that you were able to look up on Instagram? Sorry if I'm bombarding you with questions

Just a random thought....I watched a documentary last night where this guy just voluntarily went missing. He had committed some minor crime but felt like he was an embarrassment to his family, etc. He was 24. I had the thought that had his parents said, thru the media, "look no hard feelings if you've decided to leave, you haven't wasted our time, we love you and we all make mistakes...we just to make sure you're okay" maybe he would have reached out to them to let them know he was okay. Ill post a link to the documentary. The way he perceived his family's view of him and severity of his crime was so far from reality. Just a heads up-the i.d. of the missing guy is only found out because he died-but he died of 100% natural causes-no foul play. NOT that Jenna should feel any way or that it would be the truth-but if I'm her I might be hard on myself and think so, I can't even financially support myself, my boyfriend doesn't want to be serious, I don't have a job. Now I've gone missing and worried my parents and half the city..... I just know there's no way I would come out of 'hiding' without some encouragement. Just my .02 and I could be way off base. Here's the link to the doc: [video=youtube;nLQp1c4Ql00]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLQp1c4Ql00[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo