GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the sparsely furnished apt. is not really where anyone really lives full time. Maybe it is used for something else.

Still wondering too about the missing table runner/tapestry and its significance.

I think I'm on the same page as you regarding the the apartment and roommate.

Also I think the missing tapestry is a red herring, especially if Jenna had friends over the night before she went missing.

It's a thought but I don't know why she would be

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I just had the same thought as Eileen. Maybe after bad news from the bf she bought some alcohol and food, ate and drank in her car and slept in it. Hence the seat back and reclined. JMO.

Just the late nights , weird things happening with her car etc

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
What do you mean "weird things happening with her car etc" ? (bearing in mind the disappearance of her car on that Friday/Saturday, this could be very important IMO)

Hi guys! I've followed this case and posted a bit. I've been a member here since 2005-over 12 years now! I've followed tons and tons of cases and I have noticed a trend in cases where a family member comes to WS and posts.

At first, members are thrilled to have a case insider posting, and they ask lots of questions and try to provide a lot of support. However, as time goes on, and the missing person isn't found, there tends to be inconsistencies that appear between media, LE, and family member. Even sometimes between what the family member has stated before and what they later state. Then WS members begin to question the family member, and some treat them dismissively and even with hostility.

Inevitably, once the missing person is found, it turns out that the family member was doing their best to relay info as best they were able and never tried to mislead or provide misinformation. Then members are supportive again.

I see this cycle happening in this case, and I would love to put a stop to it. Family members of the missing are dealing with enormous amounts of stress, as well as varying info from friends, other family members, LE, and the media. They don't have a crystal ball to see into their loved one's mind, and I'm sure they have just as many questions as we do. Perhaps we could grill subie a bit less about the exact timeline, which can change every day based on new info he and LE are receiving, and accept that he's doing all he can. There is probably a lot of info he's not being told, and maybe info he's been told not to share. I am certain he is not in any way trying to confuse. He is doing us a favor by being here in a stressful time and owes us nothing.

Just a friendly reminder from someone who has been around the block hundreds of times.

But, if she knew she had financial help to go it alone and simply support in general, she wouldn't run off. Unless a third party yapped, influenced her thinking, and wanted her away from her support system. For example, the bf that her family did not care for.

I will be honest, my first apartment had zero in it. For many reasons, but many people gather as they go. Just playing devil's advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys! I've followed this case and posted a bit. I've been a member here since 2005-over 12 years now! I've followed tons and tons of cases and I have noticed a trend in cases where a family member comes to WS and posts.

At first, members are thrilled to have a case insider posting, and they ask lots of questions and try to provide a lot of support. However, as time goes on, and the missing person isn't found, there tends to be inconsistencies that appear between media, LE, and family member. Even sometimes between what the family member has stated before and what they later state. Then WS members begin to question the family member, and some treat them dismissively and even with hostility.

Inevitably, once the missing person is found, it turns out that the family member was doing their best to relay info as best they were able and never tried to mislead or provide misinformation. Then members are supportive again.

I see this cycle happening in this case, and I would love to put a stop to it. Family members of the missing are dealing with enormous amounts of stress, as well as varying info from friends, other family members, LE, and the media. They don't have a crystal ball to see into their loved one's mind, and I'm sure they have just as many questions as we do. Perhaps we could grill subie a bit less about the exact timeline, which can change every day based on new info he and LE are receiving, and accept that he's doing all he can. There is probably a lot of info he's not being told, and maybe info he's been told not to share. I am certain he is not in any way trying to confuse. He is doing us a favor by being here in a stressful time and owes us nothing.

Just a friendly reminder from someone who has been around the block hundreds of times.

Words well spoken. I said it yesterday and agree with you today!

I have another question, just throwing it out to whomever wants to answer, but can you leave a car parked on that street for that length of time (over two weeks)? It's not a wide street. Not sure of parking rules.

I used to use it as a cut through a lot and think a car parked on it would be annoying. Maybe that's just me. I would also not be surprised if no one noticed it. However, wondering if the lady who saw it on the way to the gym noticed it previously or not (assuming she goes regularly).

Thats part of the issue, is that she around the time of the store incident wouldn't open up to us at all about it, wouldn't open up to whom she was hanging out with late at night. My dad started catching on and eventually confronted her about it. But really it came down to, we would help her financially, if she works on finding a real job and is able to live on her own.

Its pretty easy when you have been living at your parents for a while to get comfortable with that and we didn't want her to get too comfortable
Perhaps she was worried for her safety or was even being blackmailed. Didn't it come out at court and that was why the theft charge was dropped? How did it come out that this guy was taking money from her, which resulted in the theft and her losing her job? Was that via court testimony?

Subie <modsnip>. I'm sorry your family is going through this. Let's keep doing whatever we can to get Jenna's picture in people's faces. Social media, flyers, etc. I'm in NY but let me know what I can do to help. Id gladly put up fliers.

I have another question, just throwing it out to whomever wants to answer, but can you leave a car parked on that street for that length of time (over two weeks)? It's not a wide street. Not sure of parking rules.

I used to use it as a cut through a lot and think a car parked on it would be annoying. Maybe that's just me. I would also not be surprised if no one noticed it. However, wondering if the lady who saw it on the way to the gym noticed it previously or not (assuming she goes regularly).

My guess is that's what led her to call. She had probably seen it many times and was annoyed by it being in the way she then saw the story about J and realized that might be the car and thus called.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Subie <modsnip>. I'm sorry your family is going through this. Let's keep doing whatever we can to get Jenna's picture in people's faces. Social media, flyers, etc. I'm in NY but let me know what I can do to help. Id gladly put up fliers.
Maybe the pet store will offer J her job back, I am hoping.

Ugh. The seat being so far back is concerning. I'm 5'1" so to me that says someone else definitely drove it last. I wonder if all these males we've discussed are tall? That might narrow things down some unless there's some unidentified person involved we are not aware of.

It is exceptionally hard to be a parent of, as well as someone who is high functioning. The experts say us parents tend to think our high functioning kids are more capable than they really are. The kids know what they're missing- use crazy amounts of energy trying to be "neuro-typical", yet are so easily led by their want of feeling "in".

Ugh. The seat being so far back is concerning. I'm 5'1" so to me that says someone else definitely drove it last. I wonder if all these males we've discussed are tall? That might narrow things down some unless there's some unidentified person involved we are not aware of.
One thing to be careful of is that a person doesn't have to be super tall to push the seat all the way back. Some people have long legs. For example, I'm 5'10", which might be tall for a woman, but it's fairly average for a man, and in a small to mid size sedan, I push the seat all the way back because my legs are long. Just want to make sure people are careful not to exclude people who aren't super tall.

First post ever but have been following for a while. Just a little bit about the music studio where Jenna's car was found.

This is a really interesting part of town as some people have noted - the area where it was found is very transitional. There are million dollar homes around the corner and run down shops on the street her car was found on. It was not unusual last year to have several cars stolen off streets in a 4-5 day period. There have been a few shootings at the music studio, also at another one up a fairly secluded drive about 100 yards away called "Soul Asylum." Bank Roll Fresh was shot at the one where Jenna's car was found (I heard his shooting from my back porch).

So the area is not unfamiliar with crime and often has people from across the city visit the neighborhood, clogging streets, parking all up and down davis circle, etc.

There is a neighborhood patrol as of this year and the nextdoor community is very vibrant and safety oriented. There are many cameras in people's front windows, one or two watched our parking lot when we lived in some townhomes off defoor (about 200 yards from where her car was found). So there might be ample evidence if you posted on nextdoor or somewhere to see if people could go through the recordings on the cameras in their homes for a certain range of dates.

One thing to be careful of is that a person doesn't have to be super tall to push the seat all the way back. Some people have long legs. For example, I'm 5'10", which might be tall for a woman, but it's fairly average for a man, and in a small to mid size sedan, I push the seat all the way back because my legs are long. Just want to make sure people are careful not to exclude people who aren't super tall.

My husband and I are both 5'10. He is always moving my seat FORWARD and it pisses me off.. hahahaha I have the long legs, he has a long torso

Being new to Websleuths forum but wanting to help in any way possible as I live near Atlanta and feel so bad for what the family must be going through, it seems as if Subie has shared as much info as humanely possible in these two threads. At times some comments to him are almost accusing and trying to "catch" him in a mistake. What this man is going through is horrendous, but he is taking the time to do updates to help get information out to find his sister. Of course not all information would be perfect with what he and his parents are going through.

At this point it seems to be best to let him update as he can, but for everyone to give suggestions on what to do next, and share your expertise in helping him search.

Subie, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I find myself looking numerous times throughout the day in hopes of seeing she is found safe!

I recently had to push my seat back so I could reach for something that fell under the seat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does her car not have driver seat settings?
One for driver "A" & one for driver "B". The few cars I've been in built since 2003, did and the seat went back to a "neutral" position when the engine was turned off.
Just curious, I tried to look it up to see if it was a standard feature or even if it was available on Mazda's.
No luck. MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let's keep websleuths going. Just a small donatio will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double