GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is confusing to me a little. If your Dad collected the car from the street when it was found, did LE process the car in the street? I thought they found the car on the 5th and didnt tell anyone? I had imagined they took it back to the station at that time for forensics but now I am wondering again. Regarding the iphone 7 adaptor, hopefully LE have looked at it for prints. Perhaps J had a third phone and has ditched the other two?

But I understood it the father went down when it was collected on the street but was told not to tell anybody.

As to the fingerprints, I would think touch DNA would be best also as a consideration.

Subie said J had a laptop. Wouldn't that also have been at the apartment? I guess she would likely have that with her though while house sitting.

if I Recall correctly, he said the laptop had not been used in sometime. is that correct as to other people's recollection?

I'm sort of thinking whoever went joyriding in her car may not have had anything to do with her. They just drove it until it was on empty...maybe they borrowed it from whoever is behind this...I remember getting my own car stolen in Atlanta and same thing happened. It was found parked with the tank on empty. Also all of my stuff that had no value had been chucked in the trunk just like the suitcase in this case. I think that was done to be able to fit more ppl in the car for cruising around...just a thought.

Could be a thief took the car...the other things also could have happened.

But if I recall right the car wasn't out of gas. This was somehow stated by media, but Subie said different (again if I remember that right, don't know the exact post right now)

After everything that has come out about the car, I have to say it sounds like someone, was joy riding with the car. I'd be willing to wager large amounts of money it was someone going into the rap studio probably younger, for multiple reasons but the obvious ones are the Phone Cables in the car, the location of the car, the fact that it was almost on E, I'd bet it probably smelt like some weed to when it was found. The only reason I think this matters is because if that is what happened where did they get the car from?

Not quoting anyone in particular but just saying out loud, if the car had links to the recording studio, would anyone really be that silly to leave it right outside? As Subie said, there were 5 or 6 miles left in the tank. I have believed all along Jennas disappearence is staged by someone that saw her that and i think this could be one of the decoys.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Exactly.
As we all know, her brother Subie is on this forum, he and his parents JUST want to locate Jenna. PERIOD. They want her back home.

<modsnip>

When my niece went missing it didn't matter that she went for milk or what she bought at the store, or that her clothes were in the dryer when she left. The key is the last person she was with. ...and that person usually denies it and makes up a story, i.e. they dropped her off some where. When Jenna is found that is when the pieces will come together. If there is a POI you can be sure the police are all over it and anything they did find they are not publicizing.

They do not even tell the families, only bits and pieces, the last thing they want is a family member getting a hold of a POI and tuning them up, before they can get the goods for an indictment "IF" that is the case in Jenna's circumstances. Either way the last person with her usually knows where she is.

<modsnip> Please share your knowledge of what you experienced with your niece, what helped in the investigation and what not, in an up building way. That would be great and absolutely would add value.

Not quoting anyone in particular but just saying out loud, if the car had links to the recording studio, would anyone really be that silly to leave it right outside? As Subie said, there were 5 or 6 miles left in the tank. I have believed all along Jennas disappearence is staged by someone that saw her that and i think this could be one of the decoys.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I'm still thinking about those four or five stops to gas stations, and what was purchased, and was it done in one day... that has me going :scared:

:thinking:

I'm still thinking about those four or five stops to gas stations, and what was purchased, and was it done in one day..and I Really want to know the times but understand that can't be divulged at this time.

that has me going :scared: :confused:

:thinking:
http://atlantajewishtimes.timesofisrael.com/car-not-woman-found/

There WAS a camera in the area.

"Van Gelderen said the Atlanta and DeKalb police are reviewing video footage from the scene. “There’s a video camera on one of the buildings across the street from where the car was, but they haven’t told us what they found on there.”
Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

"Van Gelderen said the Atlanta and DeKalb police are reviewing video footage from the scene. &#8220;There&#8217;s a video camera on one of the buildings across the street from where the car was, but they haven&#8217;t told us what they found on there.&#8221;

good lets hope they find something that leads to Jenna being found

"Van Gelderen said the Atlanta and DeKalb police are reviewing video footage from the scene. “There’s a video camera on one of the buildings across the street from where the car was, but they haven’t told us what they found on there.”

My post was speaking to the 4-5 gas stations prior to her missing, not where the car was found on ???the 5th.

I'm still not clear what time of day those gas station visits were, if they were all done in one day, or if they were done over the previous day's ...I'm not sure.

From your link.. Referring to the day the car was found.. which was a few weeks later...

" While driving to her gym, a Morningside woman who was following the case spotted the car parked along Defoor Place off Chattahoochee Avenue"

*goes to google that lacation*

My post was speaking to the 4-5 gas stations prior to her missing, not where the car was found on ???the 5th.

I'm still not clear what time of day those gas station visits were, if they were all done in one day, or if they were done over the previous day's ...I'm not sure.

From your link.. Referring to the day the car was found.. which was a few weeks later...

" While driving to her gym, a Morningside woman who was following the case spotted the car parked along Defoor Place off Chattahoochee Avenue"

It certainly makes me think that the car wasn't there previously. I would think that was the normal route the woman took so she would have seen it earlier had it been there.

Also, extremely impressive that this woman was so observant.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

if I Recall correctly, he said the laptop had not been used in sometime. is that correct as to other people's recollection?
He said it didn't turn on and he had an old one that he was trying to restore data from J's onto. (my understanding)

I don't remember where the laptop was from but I did also wonder if J had a new one too perhaps.

After everything that has come out about the car, I have to say it sounds like someone, was joy riding with the car. I'd be willing to wager large amounts of money it was someone going into the rap studio probably younger, for multiple reasons but the obvious ones are the Phone Cables in the car, the location of the car, the fact that it was almost on E, I'd bet it probably smelt like some weed to when it was found. The only reason I think this matters is because if that is what happened where did they get the car from?
I'm inclined to agree with you. Seems to make the most sense.

I do think it's valid to consider the *type of environment*, if you will, that Jenna would be familiar with/comfortable in. I think that's what the earlier poster was getting at when mentioning the type of music the studio is involved with. Was she a fan of that style of music?

For example - I don't drink. Never have. Don't really know squat about alcohol, never been in a licquor store. So if I went missing and my car was found at a bar or liquor store, my family would definitely see red flags. But if my car was found at a dance studio, not so much because that would be a logical place for me to have gone.

JMHO :)

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

But I understood it the father went down when it was collected on the street but was told not to tell anybody.

As to the fingerprints, I would think touch DNA would be best also as a consideration.

Where was this stated that the father collected it and was told not to tell anyone? I have missed that. IMO the only reason I could see for that is if they have someone in there sights already.

Where was this stated that the father collected it and was told not to tell anyone? I have missed that. IMO the only reason I could see for that is if they have someone in there sights already.

He didn't collect it, no one said he collected it. But he was present. It was stated by Subie in this post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...anta-18-August-2017-2&p=13640769#post13640769

<modsnip> Subie, feel free to PM me if you need anything. I have so much respect for your patience and dedication and I truly wish with all my heart that Jenna is found soon and in perfect health. Sending all my positive vibes to you and yours.

I had another link I wanted to add but it wouldn't paste for some reason.
https://issuu.com/atlantajewishtimes/docs/ajt_september_8_2017_web
I'm not sure if this will work. It's a newspaper article it states the locations but not the times.
MOO

Hey everyone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of Defoors Ave, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed since he also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.

We have picked up the car today and will need some time to go through it. Her suit case, with clothes other shoes are in the trunk. I can tell though that the driver seat was pushed all the way back and fully down (not how she would have driven it). I also found an iPhone 7 lightning to headphone adapter on the driver seat. Jenna had an iPhone SE which did not need this, im not sure if that is relevant or not yet.

<modsnip>
@ SBHack
Where in this post does it say Subie's father was told not to tell anyone? That was my question to Bently.

<modsnip> Please share your knowledge of what you experienced with your niece, what helped in the investigation and what not, in an up building way. That would be great and absolutely would add value.

<modsnip>

I wish I could provide my experience with my niece in an up building way but I can not. Just for the record every one uses the word "CLOSURE" there is never closure. It stays with you the rest of your life.

The worse time is the time Subie is going through right now, "NOT KNOWING". Some of the families of the missing on Namus that never find their loved ones I do not know how they go through life in that horrible limbo, not a day passes when you don't wake up or lay in bed at night thinking about it. It is a nightmare. I hope none of the posters here ever experience it, I wish it on no one.

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Personally, it seems to me that this is going one of 2 ways. Either, LE is just as confused as we are, hence the very confusing statements and information being clarified over and over in different ways. OR, LE has a very legitimate lead/theory that they are working on and are keeping certain details from the public, including the family, which would also lend to some of the confusing statements.

I'm HOPING it's the latter and that they are closer to finding her every day, but if not, let's keep lobbing theories out there in case one of them resonates with subie and he can pass it along to LE.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member