GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does her car not have driver seat settings?
One for driver "A" & one for driver "B". The few cars I've been in built since 2003, did and the seat went back to a "neutral" position when the engine was turned off.
Just curious, I tried to look it up to see if it was a standard feature or even if it was available on Mazda's.
No luck. MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a 2012 Mazda 3 and It does not have that feature

I've been following for weeks, and although there are elements to this case that seem much more concerning, I have had a strange gut feeling about this SC person for weeks, and I'm not sure why. I happen to live in SC, as well. How new is this friend and has the family met the friend? Is it confirmed that this person has children? If this is true how long is the drive and why is childcare needed? How intensive is the childcare? I have aspies in the family and childcare can be very challenging for them if it goes on for more than a few hours.

I keep feeling as if the "friend in SC who needs childcare" is a cover story for some risky travel/courier type activities, and she needed an explanation for being gone for several days at a time, especially when living at home. She was being extorted to the tune of $1100 over 3 yrs (wow!!!) and has not wanted to share anything with family. This leads me to think that she got in way too deep with something so dangerous that she felt even her family couldn't help her. SC is several hours away from Atlanta (5 hrs for me). If something happened to her there or along the way, searchers wouldn't have any feelers out because they seem to be focusing on the Atlanta area. Did I miss info about the SC connection? Thanks, everyone!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I've been following for weeks, and although there are elements to this case that seem much more concerning, I have had a strange gut feeling about this SC person for weeks, and I'm not sure why. I happen to live in SC, as well. How new is this friend and has the family met the friend? Is it confirmed that this person has children? If this is true how long is the drive and why is childcare needed? How intensive is the childcare? I have aspies in the family and childcare can be very challenging for them if it goes on for more than a few hours.

I keep feeling as if the "friend in SC who needs childcare" is a cover story for some risky travel/courier type activities, and she needed an explanation for being gone for several days at a time, especially when living at home. She was being extorted to the tune of $1100 over 3 yrs (wow!!!) and has not wanted to share anything with family. This leads me to think that she got in way too deep with something so dangerous that she felt even her family couldn't help her. SC is several hours away from Atlanta (5 hrs for me). If something happened to her there or along the way, searchers wouldn't have any feelers out because they seem to be focusing on the Atlanta area. Did I miss info about the SC connection? Thanks, everyone!

THIS! TYVM!
I have wondered the same thing.
It does seem 'off' that she would drive to SC for child care. But if this person is a close and life long friend it would make sense.
Hopefully Subie and their parents know this friend and they don't find it suspicious at all.
The whole thing is hinky from the get go, and with Subie having his own life and family, and their parents traveling, very hard for them to know exact facts.
I would hope Jenna is in hiding, afraid to come out, but I just don't feel that is the case anymore.

Hey everyone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of Defoors Ave, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed since he also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.

We have picked up the car today and will need some time to go through it. Her suit case, with clothes other shoes are in the trunk. I can tell though that the driver seat was pushed all the way back and fully down (not how she would have driven it). I also found an iPhone 7 lightning to headphone adapter on the driver seat. Jenna had an iPhone SE which did not need this, im not sure if that is relevant or not yet.

<modsnip>

BBM

The police processed the car. I would expect them to move the seats in all directions during the inspection. Not clear on why everyone is confused about how the police left the seats unless I missed something...

First post ever but have been following for a while. Just a little bit about the music studio where Jenna's car was found.

This is a really interesting part of town as some people have noted - the area where it was found is very transitional. There are million dollar homes around the corner and run down shops on the street her car was found on. It was not unusual last year to have several cars stolen off streets in a 4-5 day period. There have been a few shootings at the music studio, also at another one up a fairly secluded drive about 100 yards away called "Soul Asylum." Bank Roll Fresh was shot at the one where Jenna's car was found (I heard his shooting from my back porch).

So the area is not unfamiliar with crime and often has people from across the city visit the neighborhood, clogging streets, parking all up and down davis circle, etc.

There is a neighborhood patrol as of this year and the nextdoor community is very vibrant and safety oriented. There are many cameras in people's front windows, one or two watched our parking lot when we lived in some townhomes off defoor (about 200 yards from where her car was found). So there might be ample evidence if you posted on nextdoor or somewhere to see if people could go through the recordings on the cameras in their homes for a certain range of dates.
Welcome codesleuth. The neighbourhood patrol would be a great source for LE and family to talk to if they were patrolling at the time of J's disappearance . That info about the cameras may well be useful for LE. I would hope LE have checked this all out but Subie can check with LE about this.

@Subie, I am sure you and LE have thought about this but did the SC friend come and meet up with J perhaps? With the info surfacing that the friend was on their way to Atlanta and the fact the car was not far from I75, it just is a bit questionable.

Hey everyone. I have clarified the car was on Defoor Place right off of Defoors Ave, on the street. Police initially said a lot, however my dad confirmed since he also went down there when it was found, it was on the street.

We have picked up the car today and will need some time to go through it. Her suit case, with clothes other shoes are in the trunk. I can tell though that the driver seat was pushed all the way back and fully down (not how she would have driven it). I also found an iPhone 7 lightning to headphone adapter on the driver seat. Jenna had an iPhone SE which did not need this, im not sure if that is relevant or not yet.

<modsnip>
This is confusing to me a little. If your Dad collected the car from the street when it was found, did LE process the car in the street? I thought they found the car on the 5th and didnt tell anyone? I had imagined they took it back to the station at that time for forensics but now I am wondering again. Regarding the iphone 7 adaptor, hopefully LE have looked at it for prints. Perhaps J had a third phone and has ditched the other two?

BBM

The police processed the car. I would expect them to move the seats in all directions during the inspection. Not clear on why everyone is confused about how the police left the seats unless I missed something...
Because the mum's car passenger seat was also far back and I guess the suspicion was possibly the passenger in the mom's car then drove J's car .
We are confused about everything on this BoP so your thought LE moved the seat is possible but wouldn't explain the other car ( but it could be someone moving the seat back to give more room to get in and out of the car in both cases as has been suggested too)

This is really odd...her name was on the lease of that apartment and she didn't have an actual living space for her own? Just clothes, not even a bed. The guy staying there was not helpful at all, after you found out this was her address, wanted the family to get a warrant to get in the place....he used her car and didn't want to give it back after using, giving confusing information on what time he actually saw her. Or I'm I mixing a couple of things up now?
Subie said J had a laptop. Wouldn't that also have been at the apartment? I guess she would likely have that with her though while house sitting.

Subie said J had a laptop. Wouldn't that also have been at the apartment? I guess she would likely have that with her though while house sitting.

I think he said her laptop was no longer working, if I recall. Maybe she left it at her parents' house when she moved out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First post ever but have been following for a while. Just a little bit about the music studio where Jenna's car was found.

This is a really interesting part of town as some people have noted - the area where it was found is very transitional. There are million dollar homes around the corner and run down shops on the street her car was found on. It was not unusual last year to have several cars stolen off streets in a 4-5 day period. There have been a few shootings at the music studio, also at another one up a fairly secluded drive about 100 yards away called "Soul Asylum." Bank Roll Fresh was shot at the one where Jenna's car was found (I heard his shooting from my back porch).

So the area is not unfamiliar with crime and often has people from across the city visit the neighborhood, clogging streets, parking all up and down davis circle, etc.

There is a neighborhood patrol as of this year and the nextdoor community is very vibrant and safety oriented. There are many cameras in people's front windows, one or two watched our parking lot when we lived in some townhomes off defoor (about 200 yards from where her car was found). So there might be ample evidence if you posted on nextdoor or somewhere to see if people could go through the recordings on the cameras in their homes for a certain range of dates.

Welcome codes and ce.
Both good posts.
We need all these suggestions, in trying to find Jenna.

I think he said her laptop was no longer working, if I recall. Maybe she left it at her parents' house when she moved out.

wonder if the laptop is available? If so, wonder if it could be made to work? there must be a ton of info on that laptop that might help.

wonder if the laptop is available? If so, wonder if it could be made to work? there must be a ton of info on that laptop that might help.

This is from first thread from Subie:

"I found her laptop the other day, she stopped using it months ago as It won't turn on. Turned it over to the police to see if they can find anything on the drive that may help"

There are some odd things about the SC friend for sure, but IIRC, this is a confirmed friend she's known a long time.

Also, for those unfamiliar, parts of SC are 5 hours away, but other parts are only about an hour away. So depending on where she lives, it might not have been that far, especially if she was a good friend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is from first thread from Subie:

"I found her laptop the other day, she stopped using it months ago as It won't turn on. Turned it over to the police to see if they can find anything on the drive that may help"

Great thanks I missed that.

If something really bad had happened to her, why would her car still be there?
Unless it was deliberately planted to make a place or person look bad.

<modsnip>

I'm sort of thinking whoever went joyriding in her car may not have had anything to do with her. They just drove it until it was on empty...maybe they borrowed it from whoever is behind this...I remember getting my own car stolen in Atlanta and same thing happened. It was found parked with the tank on empty. Also all of my stuff that had no value had been chucked in the trunk just like the suitcase in this case. I think that was done to be able to fit more ppl in the car for cruising around...just a thought.

I'm sort of thinking whoever went joyriding in her car may not have had anything to do with her. They just drove it until it was on empty...maybe they borrowed it from whoever is behind this...I remember getting my own car stolen in Atlanta and same thing happened. It was found parked with the tank on empty. Also all of my stuff that had no value had been chucked in the trunk just like the suitcase in this case. I think that was done to be able to fit more ppl in the car for cruising around...just a thought.

Exactly.
As we all know, her brother Subie is on this forum, he and his parents JUST want to locate Jenna. PERIOD. They want her back home.

<modsnip>

When my niece went missing it didn't matter that she went for milk or what she bought at the store, or that her clothes were in the dryer when she left. The key is the last person she was with. ...and that person usually denies it and makes up a story, i.e. they dropped her off some where. When Jenna is found that is when the pieces will come together. If there is a POI you can be sure the police are all over it and anything they did find they are not publicizing.

They do not even tell the families, only bits and pieces, the last thing they want is a family member getting a hold of a POI and tuning them up, before they can get the goods for an indictment "IF" that is the case in Jenna's circumstances. Either way the last person with her usually knows where she is.

<modsnip>. I think the studio is important because it's associated with previous violent crimes and shady people. I think that's more the issue. But I do want to be clear that this studio is literally a stones throw away from a neighborhood filled with families and 600k homes. It's not a shady area at all with the exception of this studio.

BBM

The father went down to when the car was found on the street, so he would know :moo: :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654