GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I apologise - I went to the 2nd, post of this thread and added the stops in the order it said.
*****her parents address is 'B' and her apartment is 'E' NOT KNOWN STOPS from that night added for reference******

a10c440882cd4601cf2378eae70a7533.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Looking at the stops in this order look to me like she could have changed cars after the B stop near the parents house. Jmo.

We need to try and understand why LE would keep the car discovery hidden for a week.
Have they kept anything else hidden?
Jenna is still missing. Why?
What is special about where the car was found.
Has cctv already been looked at, seeing as the car was discovered on the 5th, LE has had time to check that out, so what have they found out?
I think we'd all like to know answers to these questions but it's likely that subie has no idea. I doubt we will know these answers until they are closing in on a suspect or close to finding Jenna. LE has reasons for not releasing info(Laura Wallen case and the content of her "alarming" text is a good recent example) so it's important to remember that. If someone has committed a crime against Jenna, it can give LE an advantage for that suspect to not know how much LE knows.

I'd imagine they are on top of any CCTV in the area but I'd say they are keeping whatever info they've discovered secret for now.

Subie, if you are allowed to say.

Is there any connection that you know of or can find was to why Jenna would leave her car was in that place? i.e. a friend lives nearby? she shopped or ate in that area?
I apologize in advance if already answered and I missed it or if that is just a residential area.

One thing I noticed driving past the street her apartment is right off (I have to drive that way often) is that there is a Citgo gas station within walking distance to the complex she lived in. Why not go to Citgo...maybe it was a tiny bit sketchier than further down the road but really it seems odd...

Subie, if you are allowed to say.

Is there any connection that you know of or can find was to why Jenna would leave her car was in that place? i.e. a friend lives nearby? she shopped or ate in that area?
I apologize in advance if already answered and I missed it or if that is just a residential area.
We don't know the connection on that area,.
There could be a connection or none at all or someone who went for a joy ride. I am hoping some neighbors come forward with video footage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

please refer to the map I posted after this one

But is this the correct order in which she stopped? Edit for clarification = I understand the order as listed but do we know if this is the order she stopped or just that she went to these places during that day/night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mod Note:

Please do not tell other members how or what to post. It is against the rules.

If you feel a post is out of bounds, please hit the alert button (the little red triangle at the bottom of each post) and let a moderator handle it. Do not respond to the post, or try to moderate the thread yourself.

Any questions should be directed to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM). Please do not question moderation on the thread.

:tyou:

Subie, would Jenna eat at Wendy's? Kosher? Did your mom's car smell different? Air freshener or smoke?

JMO, which stop sticks out? Wendy's. The other three are the same (figuratively). Jenna is special, different, wonderful. She sticks out. She eats, then realizes she needs gas or picks someone up? SORRY, I'm editing bc I just saw the correct order. My bad.

Also, there are times when my mileage tracker on my phone does not pick up that I stopped driving or the most accurate location. So, my address isn't the address that shows on the tracker. It shows like a landmark...leasing office. At the Exxon, it shows that I'm at the gas station when I'm in my car across the street at an antique store.

I know I'm all over the place. My apologies. Sort of free flow thinking. Thank you

Here are the stops, all in one evening from the link that was posted
"drove her mother’s red 2010
Mazda and had a passenger with her
when she returned to the home garage the night of Aug. 18. Jenna had used her debit card that night at
(1)Wendy’s at 1940
Piedmont Road,
(2)at Texaco at North Decatur Road and DeKalb Industrial Boulevard,
(3)at Chevron at Cheshire Bridge and
LaVista roads, and
(4)at Chevron at North Decatur and Clairmont roads
26e61816683763e2f837035433580846.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There is so much we do not know about these stops that it is hard to draw any conclusions from them. We are not sure of the time of each stop, the length of time at each stop, the order of the stops or the value of items purchased. I find the lack of info telling. I think LE is withholding info purposefully

Thanks for posting this. It is a different order than I have seen before.

Is anyone certain that this is in an order that was done that day?

It reads to me as these are the places she used her card that day, not necessarily in that order.
The BP stop is the only time mentioned for a gas charge on the Help Jenna page but no clue if that's accurate since it's not coming from Subie or other verified source.

Also noticing that story doesn't even mention the BP at Cheshire Bridge. Wondering why that lady mentioned it and gave a time.

Does anyone see anything in common with the stops?

I have started looking around (street view) at each place trying to see if anything stands out.
Like a certain bank branch/grocery chain...
So far I'm not seeing anything.
I'll also try a search the area around the locations. I doubt she was just driving aimlessly, perhaps she was in trouble and knew of places with cameras?
Or, maybe she was looking for someone who she knew worked at a certain place, but not the location?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Watching the news footage of the Bankroll Fresh shooting at that studio, you can see across the street. Not sure if Jenna's car was in direct view but it looks like the studio has a camera by the front door. Hoping that they can pull footage from the night Jenna's car was left and at least determine something about who was driving. Not sure how that works when it's a private business, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LC7cA4-CXSU

Not wanting to argue but this is the most inaccurate depiction of west midtown I've ever seen. I've lived in the area for ten plus years and it's just not correct at all what you are saying. It's really adding to the confusion. I have been to crest lawn cemetery many times. It's beautiful. There are dozens of resteraunts in the area wnd redevelopments and houses are selling for half a mil in less than 24 hours. The neighborhood the car was found in is called underwood hills and it is too expensive for most of us to afford. It feeds into some of the best schools in the system. There are many areas of Atlanta I would not be caught dead in, English avenue is one of them. But the area the car was found and where this sketchy studio is is not one of them.

I own a home in Underwood Hills. I heard bankroll fresh get shot at that rap studio from my back porch. I've heard multiple other shootings. Two summers ago there were teens wandering around mugging people. Just down the street from the studio on the corner of Davis (where a city councilmen lives) a man was mugged a gunpoint when I first moved in. A woman's laptop was taken from her at gunpoint about 20 yards from the studio at 11am in the morning by 3 teens.

Everything you've said is correct though. There are half a million dollar homes around the corner. It does feed into the best school systems. Bacchanalia is around the corner and is one of the top restaurants in the city and there are two ford fry restaurants less in a 2 mile radius...

BUT

parts of the area are still transitional and the area her car was found in is in fact sketchy. It has experienced violent crime. It is constantly being reported by the neighborhood on Nextdoor and 911 calls happen almost weekly.

A 2016 light blue Mazda 3 had 2 laptops and 3 phones stolen out of it in the gated community almost directly across defoor from the studio just 2 nights ago. It is sketchy. In certain patches around soul asylum and street execs and a few other places.

I moved away roughly 3 months ago.

Just to clarify the neighborhood's general views of where her car was found and what sort of trouble it gets up to.

I think we'd all like to know answers to these questions but it's likely that subie has no idea. I doubt we will know these answers until they are closing in on a suspect or close to finding Jenna. LE has reasons for not releasing info(Laura Wallen case and the content of her "alarming" text is a good recent example) so it's important to remember that. If someone has committed a crime against Jenna, it can give LE an advantage for that suspect to not know how much LE knows.

I'd imagine they are on top of any CCTV in the area but I'd say they are keeping whatever info they've discovered secret for now.
I'm not asking Subie as I realise he won't know the answers. I am saying these are the questions we have to think about IMO.

We don't know the connection on that area,.
There could be a connection or none at all or someone who went for a joy ride. I am hoping some neighbors come forward with video footage

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Subie, one of the locals on here mentioned there was a neighbour hood patrol in the area. That patrol may have some local info specific to the location or when the car was left in the street perhaps.

It reads to me as these are the places she used her card that day, not necessarily in that order.
The BP stop is the only time mentioned for a gas charge on the Help Jenna page but no clue if that's accurate since it's not coming from Subie or other verified source.

Also noticing that story doesn't even mention the BP at Cheshire Bridge. Wondering why that lady mentioned it and gave a time.

I just noticed the article states she used the debit card that night and we know she was at home for Subie's visit in the morning and for the vet in the afternoon so they do seem to be all that evening.

If we compare the google timeline to these stops, we may get the approx times. So English ave at 10 p.m. and then she drove to Wendy's. The POI arranged to meet her at 10 p.m. but she didn't show. (Taken from timeline in post 2 in this thread) What time was the BP stop from FB?

Watching the news footage of the Bankroll Fresh shooting at that studio, you can see across the street. Not sure if Jenna's car was in direct view but it looks like the studio has a camera by the front door. Hoping that they can pull footage from the night Jenna's car was left and at least determine something about who was driving. Not sure how that works when it's a private business, though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LC7cA4-CXSU

I think LE would just subpoena it. But if they didn't find the car until the 5th it may already have been written over unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member