GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@subie, did i read somewhere that a friend was supposed to be seeing Jenna on Saturday morning and it was the friend that turned up and alerted you?

I will try and find a link, but if it is the case we can tweak the timeline.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
It was my understanding the vet called him and his mom because Jenna wasn't home to open the door (somewhere between 2-4pm iirc)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Would Jenna normally use the term "laying down"? I know I wouldn't. I'd say I'm going to bed.

Not reclined all the way back like for sleeping. Just seat rails all the way back, and the vertical height pushed all the way down .

Jenna had also been driving my mom's car that night so unless she went home switched cars and then went back out to go sleep in her car somewhere , I don't know how that would work ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

You where asking yourself if she made it back to your parents house and slept there (lying down) Somehow I have the feeling she didn't because for her the phones are her lifeline. Wouldn't it be more logic that she would have charged them during the night if she was there? Just thinking out load. The phones went both into power saving mode, the last one at 1:30. The next morning when you called her, it (T-Mobile phone) went to voicemail. When the vet called her it was dead. Still no explanation for the swopped cars, car movements....Sorry if I'm totally off...

She didn't swap cars, that's what her brother is saying. She was in her mom's car. Also, she didn't recline the seat. It was pushed back (as if someone very tall were driving). She is quite short, she wouldn't be able to drive with it that far back.

If it's NOT someone who found the car and was joyriding - then I wonder, how tall are the ex-boyfriend and the roommate?

(To put the seat as low as it would go also tells me it *could* be because the person is tall. Over 6 feet.)

She was driving her mum's car that evening. That morning her car was at the house. The following morning her Mum's car was at house with passenger seat pushed back but no J car. When did J car leave house? Subie has opined she returned with a passenger and swopped cars that evening taking her phones and purse. J car was found with driver's seat pushed back on 5 Sep. (No evidence it was driven like that). Subie, please correct me if I have interpreted this wrong. JMO based on my understanding of related facts

It was my understanding the vet called him and his mom because Jenna wasn't home to open the door (somewhere between 2-4pm iirc)

Yes, it was mine too until the recent news report. I know the family had to keep some things to themselves, quite rightly and i just wondered if that was one of those things.

Im just trying to establish which is the correct version for the updated timeline.

The vet came on Saturday morning and Jenna and her car where not there. He couldn't get in the house to give the medicine as planned and then alerted Subie and the parents. Then Subie came to the parents house. This is what I understood from reading Subies posts and him answering questions. On Friday Subie went in the morning to parents house to help her with the cat. This was the last time he saw his sister. The vet (assistant?) came to the house on Fridaty 2 p.m. My conclusion (as stated in the timeline) is that she must have been there to let him in...otherwise he would have alerted Subie and the parents right then. But I know...always be careful with assumptions..but this seems logical to me.

I think the friend is the vet (or vet-assistant) thinking they mean family-friend.
That's what I am thinking. I don't think the media got it correct, because I'm not aware of any conversation where her s.c friend or another friend said they were coming by on the 19th
The vet assistant was the only one coming by.

I hope the media isn't twisitjng things to make their own narrative

She was driving her mum's car that evening. That morning her car was at the house. The following morning her Mum's car was at house with passenger seat pushed back but no J car. When did J car leave house? Subie has opined she returned with a passenger and swopped cars that evening taking her phones and purse. J car was found with driver's seat pushed back on 5 Sep. (No evidence it was driven like that). Subie, please correct me if I have interpreted this wrong. JMO based on my understanding of related facts
Correct

That's what I am thinking. I don't think the media got it correct, because I'm not aware of any conversation where her s.c friend or another friend said they were coming by on the 19th
The vet assistant was the only one coming by.

I hope the media isn't twisitjng things to make their own narrative

They quoted your dad as saying it which is very naughty. The media have a habit of doing that though but they should realise these little details matter as potentially it could be assumed there was another POI if a friend had planned to see her and it could also narrow down the gap in the timeline for sat night/sun morning.

Now you have clarified i can ignore it. Thank you.

Do we even know for sure that she ever drove her own car that night? I think one thing that has always been weird with the timeline is when she would have swapped cars. IIRC, the ex (?) once took her car for the day in August and didn't want to give it back. Is it possible that she was driving mom's car bc the ex took her car again? If so, does that change things bc maybe she wasn't in it at all. I think someone else suggested that maybe it was the ex who was driving the car until it ran low on gas and just left it where it was bc he didn't want to pay for the gas. If that's the case, then we're back to her disappearing from her parents' house since we know mom's car made it back to the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thats a point actually, how come her Google Timeline didnt record the gas station stops?

Good question. The card was already separated from J's phone at that point or J had lost or left her phone somewhere. Any other reasons?

I don't think I've seen this question asked before... If so, can anyone answer?

The activity going to so many gas stations purchasing low amount appears very strange. I would assume all bank accounts now going back weeks and months are available, and did they showed the same type of activity on other days/ Friday nights/ other nights?

Maybe someone had the car and card and like Lilgup said, Jenna never left the house

Jenna's car was seen at the house Friday morning by her brother. She drove her mom's car all evening. Sometime between 11:30 Friday evening and 10:30 Saturday morning she brings her mom's car home and her car is taken (along with her suitcase?).
After 11:30 pm on Friday her phones are in power saving mode and either she doesn't charge them and they die or they are turned off by 2pm on Saturday.

Maybe someone had the car and card and like Lilgup said, Jenna never left the house

She was seen driving her mom's car with a male passenger.

I believe there is a PI involved, right? Hasn't he checked the video at the gas stations and Wendy's? If she's on that video would that be the last known sighting of her that evening?

Sorry - can't figure out how to edit my post - but there are no Amazon lockers at those locations.

You have just a certain time (I believe 1 hour) to edit your post.

With the information from subie that her her boyfriend (?) had borrowed her car and not returned it previously, I'm wondering if she had it at all that night. There's been several suggestions as to why she would be driving her mom's car, but it being driven by someone else seems the least speculative, as we know it had happened before. Also per subie, she'd had belongings in her car for some time, not necessarily placed there that day. If that guy or someone had it, they may have been afraid to come forward (with or without good reason) and left it near the studio, either because that's where it already was or as a dump site.

That said, it's harder for me to figure out where Jenna was when she went missing. The easiest explanation would be that something happened at her parents' home, then Jenna and a potential perpetrator left, with her purse and phones, in Jenna's car, or Jenna and a potential perpetrator were somewhere, with Jenna's car/purse/phones, and something happened there. Based on available phone data, it sounds like either she was staying put from ~1130 on, or her PCS phone (this was the one with Timeline on?) was no longer recording her location (low power mode, dead). Do we know which phone her SC friend had contact with her on? I assumed the T Mobile.

As far as "lying down", I could see it meaning that she was upset and going to get in bed but not necessarily sleep. She might've been upset enough to go find this guy somewhere after that, even, but I don't understand why it wouldn't show up on her timeline. I would think she would charge her phone at home or in her car.

And finally we're at the point of wondering why exactly it was that she went missing. The car was found in an area of some criminal activity, if you will, but nothing that fits the m.o. A drive by shooting, mugging--these are very different from what seems to have happened to Jenna. In those cases, we would know exactly where she was, and finding her would've been the first clue, and not the last. The first possibility is that she decided to leave on her own--with no obvious vehicle, money, phones, I can't see this. I know others have done this, but this level of planning and deception seems beyond her resources. The second is that she was injured. If accidentally, then during an argument, maybe, or a drug overdose. Sorry for the degree of speculation, but finding a viable motive/scenario would be helpful with establishing a crime scene and narrowing the suspects.

Well I believe an eye witness saw her driving and/or out that night. I'm just suggesting she never actually drove her own car and someone else did.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member