GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty big area if you do just a triangle with straight lines between the locations. I made a map. The blue house icon is the parents' house, the orange house icon is Jenna's apartment, and the yellow tear drop icon is where the car was found. Google is calculating that area as 4.38 square miles (7.04 square km).

attachment.php
I think that's great. So around each triangle point and what about those big green (park?) areas too? Any ponds lakes or rivers in that triangle? Woods, forests, wastelands etc?

With 100% respect- this is just now how LE works. I was a prosecutor in Clayton County for a bit and practiced criminal law my entire legal career. LE doesn't have the $$/resources and for many other reasons, they just wouldn't hatch this plan in real life. I just don't want anyone to think that she is anything other than missing.
In your experience, why would the FBI be involved as reported earlier in the thread?

Hi ive done some checking and the iphone 7 lightening adaptor is compatable with an iphone SE. Its used for listening to music and also taking calls at the same time. If her phone was in airplane mode it could be charged up to listen to music. If it was connected to wifi for some reason, then the phone could be traced. Also the big question is was her software on the iphone SE upgraded to ios7 or later? If so, then a person would need the apple id to activate the phone. If they didn't have the apple id, then the phone could only be sold for parts. (Basically a paperweight) if the phone did not have ios7 or later, then the phone could be traced even if someone put in their own sim card.

Also this adaptor could charge up an ipad also. Does Anyone know if she has an ipad?

One quick question- when they found the car, were the doors locked?
Sorry if i missed this, but thought this was important because the house was locked when she left.

Hi ive done some checking and the iphone 7 lightening adaptor is compatable with an iphone SE. Its used for listening to music and also taking calls at the same time. If her phone was in airplane mode it could be charged up to listen to music. If it was connected to wifi for some reason, then the phone could be traced. Also the big question is was her software on the iphone SE upgraded to ios7 or later? If so, then a person would need the apple id to activate the phone. If they didn't have the apple id, then the phone could only be sold for parts. (Basically a paperweight) if the phone did not have ios7 or later, then the phone could be traced even if someone put in their own sim card.

In an earlier post, someone called the item found in the car an "iPhone 7 lightning to headphone adapter" which I believe is what you would use to connect your old Apple headphones (presumably from your earlier model iPhone) to your iPhone 7 (which no longer has a traditional headphone jack, only lightning connections). I know I use mine daily as I don't want to buy new headphones.

If this is the case, all it would mean is that someone who uses an iPhone 7 (but wanted to use older headphones) was in the car.

What about the girl that has done her hair and make up in the past?
Women tend to open up and say a good bit during those appts.
Has she been interviewed? She could have a wealth of knowledge!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's suddenly gone really quiet on the thread - hope it's a good sign that things are happening behind the scenes. Good ideas posted recently.
I also wondered if car, house and apartment keys were in any of the belongings and whether the car was locked or not.

Nice map. I don't know one single thing about the area, but after having been on WebSleuths for five years, the Nature Preserve sticks out to me like a big red flag.

Subie, I feel for you and your parents, and like so many, think of you every day. Another thing I've noticed over the years is that the loved ones of someone missing just have to take the bull by the horns (as you already have!!). Unless LE forbids you not to do it, organize a search. You may be waiting forever to get "permission." Talk to the CUE Center, or less formally, get together with friends. Someone else can volunteer to keep track of areas searched. You are doing a great job.

ETA: Holy cow, I just googled the nature preserve, and there is a lot of kudzu and such to search. :cry:

There is also a designated "Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary" near where her car was found. It's rather small but also overgrown and I've never seen anyone enter it. It's at the Underwood Hills park literally a quarter mile away.

Nice map. I don't know one single thing about the area, but after having been on WebSleuths for five years, the Nature Preserve sticks out to me like a big red flag.

Subie, I feel for you and your parents, and like so many, think of you every day. Another thing I've noticed over the years is that the loved ones of someone missing just have to take the bull by the horns (as you already have!!). Unless LE forbids you not to do it, organize a search. You may be waiting forever to get "permission." Talk to the CUE Center, or less formally, get together with friends. Someone else can volunteer to keep track of areas searched. You are doing a great job.

ETA: Holy cow, I just googled the nature preserve, and there is a lot of kudzu and such to search. :cry:

A couple of updates from yesterday.

Regarding the search, I spoke with police and they said they did a door to door search to the businesses and homes around the area where her car was found. They said we are welcome to search the area some more, but that they do not think this location was the initial destination.

I had been given a tip about a missing vulnerable adult altert, which is basically an amber alert for adults with cognitive disorders. This is something I had hoped the LE would have looked into early on. They are looking into her diagnosis to see if this qualifies

Lastly, we may have figured out why she was driving my moms car that night from a tip from a friend of hers. Her auto insurance payment had not been made on her car yet for Aug 1st. One of those things I wish I had looked into early on.

I would be more than happy to help search subie!! Just let me know

Subie, you clearly are an organized, caring soul. I hope you are keeping a journal of all the things you have learned throughout this terrible time. Your notes could really help others in search of loved ones long after you find Jenna.

Subie, you clearly are an organized, caring soul. I hope you are keeping a journal of all the things you have learned throughout this terrible time. Your notes could really help others in search of loved ones long after you find Jenna.

Yes definitely will do. As we told the LE, there is no instruction manual when it comes to this, and I feel like a checklist needs to be made for what to check early on especially with so much technology now

I guess the discovery of the lapse in registration has made you already consider that Jenna probably didn't drive her own car later that night. My daughter wouldn't because it's "against the law." She has an elevated sense of wanting to do things within the rules. Of course, that's just my experience with my daughter. But sometimes I find that other people don't understand my daughter. Sorry, kinda rambling because I had to pull over and type this because it felt important.

The car insurance info makes me think more about the guy who told her to not bring her mom's car to College Park...which I still think is a weird thing to say. It's clear that it sounds like Jenna did not want to be driving her car...but someone ultimately still ended up with it. This guy seems like a red flag...was he dead set on getting Jenna in her car? Trying to think of why...

A couple of updates from yesterday.

Regarding the search, I spoke with police and they said they did a door to door search to the businesses and homes around the area where her car was found. They said we are welcome to search the area some more, but that they do not think this location was the initial destination.

I had been given a tip about a missing vulnerable adult altert, which is basically an amber alert for adults with cognitive disorders. This is something I had hoped the LE would have looked into early on. They are looking into her diagnosis to see if this qualifies

Lastly, we may have figured out why she was driving my moms car that night from a tip from a friend of hers. Her auto insurance payment had not been made on her car yet for Aug 1st. One of those things I wish I had looked into early on.
Hi Subie,

Re: not paying her insurance, would that be the sole reason do you think? She would have been using her car up until that point regardless, so why would that one night be any different? Not aimed at you btw, just saying out loud. She may not have paid it but i cant see it being the only reason.
Here in the UK, and correct me if im wrong UK citizens, you can only drive someone elses car if you are a named driver on that vehicle under the owners insurance, or you have fully comprehensive insurance cover on your own vehicle and its paid up to date. Is this the same in Georgia?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The car insurance info makes me think more about the guy who told her to not bring her mom's car to College Park...which I still think is a weird thing to say. It's clear that it sounds like Jenna did not want to be driving her car...but someone ultimately still ended up with it. This guy seems like a red flag...was he dead set on getting Jenna in her car? Trying to think of why...
Refering to my post after yours, maybe thats what was different that night? Someone made or convinced her to drive hers.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member