GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The POI/ex is who she met possibly at 11:45 at the Handi mart. I'm thinking that's the latest meeting we've learned about but correct me if wrong.

She was supposed to meet the other guy (Instagram guy) earlier in the night but he said she didn't show. "

Noseynellie, this is my understanding.
Do these two guys know each other at all, or know of each other IRT Jenna?

Is one of them the town home guy?

Hi everyone, im jumping in. Hope you dont mind. :innocent:Im trying to follow this case bc its local (atl) for me. That's a bad area where she was going in College Park and its a bad area where her car was found. JMO I think someone was in her parents home with her. I think they looked up, saw the framed WW2 cloth, ASSUMED it was worth something and took it. If they wanted to wrap up a body, they would have taken bedding, etc. It was readily available. A killer isnt going to care about your linens...ya know? Also, no one would take the time to take down a frame and all that mess unless they were after something of value. Maybe she owed someone something, they forced her to produce something of value and thats all she could come up with? Or perhaps she was completely already dead, unconscious, etc and they took it upon themselves to take the cloth off the wall. Nothing else makes sense to ME. I dont know what she was into. The story is shifty as heck. She was very secretive. Not judging her but something bad went down. Quick questions...did she have curly hair or straight hair when she disappeared? There's so many pics circulating. What was her LATEST style? So we know who we are looking for here. I realize from FB she has a star of david tat on her thigh. BTW - LE's silence is deafening. Them not processing certain stuff and not appearing up front to be real bothered by her missing person report is troublesome to me. Sounds like another dang Bridgett case...she was from ATL too. Too a long time to gain traction bc her past was shady. It shouldnt matter. They're still people!! They matter. I dont care if she stood out on a corner naked (hypothetical here). This girl is missing and its not her fault (most likely) I dont think shes alive out there just laying low. Shes VERY vulnerable. Lack of media coverage is making me highly annoyed. They are simply ignoring her. I'm so annoyed. JMO.

I want to know more about the traffic cams. Was someone riding in tandem with her on her trek back home to switch cars? The investigation is so fresh that LE will not be willing to share that info with us. They keep that info so tight to the vest. I am curious though. The house being in disarray, the car seats positioning in the cars. It's all questionable. Who was home with her? Was it more than one person? Did someone ride in tandem? :thinking: It's a shame she doesnt have really nosey neighbors that could tell us about cars in the driveway....grrrr. JMO

Do these two guys know each other at all, or know of each other IRT Jenna?

Is one of them the town home guy?
We don't know whether "the ex" and "IG Guy" know each other. However, when listing the individuals in contact with Jenna that night, Subie noted that "Person 2: Roommate - Don't know how she met him, but was only going to be temporary. We have reason to believe he knows Person 1 (referring to "the ex") based on the little bit of interviewing we have done on him."

Therefore, we do know that Jenna's family has reason to believe "the ex" and "the roommate" guys know each other.

Hi everyone, im jumping in. Hope you dont mind. :innocent:Im trying to follow this case bc its local (atl) for me. That's a bad area where she was going in College Park and its a bad area where her car was found. JMO I think someone was in her parents home with her. I think they looked up, saw the framed WW2 cloth, ASSUMED it was worth something and took it. If they wanted to wrap up a body, they would have taken bedding, etc. It was readily available. A killer isnt going to care about your linens...ya know? Also, no one would take the time to take down a frame and all that mess unless they were after something of value. Maybe she owed someone something, they forced her to produce something of value and thats all she could come up with? Or perhaps she was completely already dead, unconscious, etc and they took it upon themselves to take the cloth off the wall. Nothing else makes sense to ME. I dont know what she was into. The story is shifty as heck. She was very secretive. Not judging her but something bad went down. Quick questions...did she have curly hair or straight hair when she disappeared? There's so many pics circulating. What was her LATEST style? So we know who we are looking for here. I realize from FB she has a star of david tat on her thigh. BTW - LE's silence is deafening. Them not processing certain stuff and not appearing up front to be real bothered by her missing person report is troublesome to me. Sounds like another dang Bridgett case...she was from ATL too. Too a long time to gain traction bc her past was shady. It shouldnt matter. They're still people!! They matter. I dont care if she stood out on a corner naked (hypothetical here). This girl is missing and its not her fault (most likely) I dont think shes alive out there just laying low. Shes VERY vulnerable. Lack of media coverage is making me highly annoyed. They are simply ignoring her. I'm so annoyed. JMO.
Based on previous posts and questions about her hair, the consensus in this forum was that Jenna primarily straightened her hair most recently with other posters noting that the curly hair photo was an older photo.

The most current photo, taken on the 17th, is on the FB page with Jenna in the Green San Antonio t-shirt and with straight hair.

Based on previous posts and questions about her hair, the consensus in this forum was that Jenna primarily straightened her hair most recently with other posters noting that the curly hair photo was an older photo.

The most current photo, taken on the 17th, is on the FB page with Jenna in the Green San Antonio t-shirt and with straight hair.

TYSM! Printed photo out a good straight hair photo of her. I have someone handing it out to ppl in club and music scene in THAT area, as well as other ATL areas...everyone here claims to be in...um.."music" - these people have a good pulse to whats going on in their "zone" - hoping the photos or crime stoppers reward will jog someones memory. You know someone's mama needs some xmas money. Someone will talk. Must get info both out and in while its still semi-fresh. Can't hurt. JMO

TYSM! Printed photo out a good straight hair photo of her. I have someone handing it out to ppl in club and music scene in THAT area, as well as other ATL areas...everyone here claims to be in...um.."music" - these people have a good pulse to whats going on in their "zone" - hoping the photos or crime stoppers reward will jog someones memory. You know someone's mama needs some xmas money. Someone will talk. Must get info both out and in while its still semi-fresh. Can't hurt. JMO
TY webweaved. Hope you're right. :smile:

Why is the bf the POI? How do we know its not the IG guy who is lying?

Or even did she go back to her apartment and the roommate have something to do with it? (No bed in her room)

Why is the bf the POI? How do we know its not the IG guy who is lying?

Or even did she go back to her apartment and the roommate have something to do with it? (No bed in her room)

I think the ex boyfriend is being referred to as the POI because Subie has called him the "original POI" on here. He's the one who was changing his times and it sounds like it raised some red flags. Like Penelope said, I think he first said he saw her at his apartment at 10 p.m.

Either way, it doesn't eliminate anyone else from being considered, it's just the terminology that was used here by the VI, from what I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish LE could get a warrant to search that apartment that her name was on!! If that person had nothing to hide said person would of let them in the first time LE went there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

IIRC / IMO:

As a refresher, 4 men who have been discussed:

Person 1: Ex who Jenna met with that night while in her mother’s car; Family believes the meeting was at a Handi Mart near his residence at 1145pm; Ex stated he met with her at 10pm at his residence and that he broke up with her that night; story keeps changing. He disparaged Jenna's reputation to the police.

Person 2: Roommate

Person 3: IG guy; was supposed to meet in College Park area; didn’t happen.

Person 4: Violent ex; met him in college; used to come into store where Jenna worked, demanding money from Jenna; Jenna was sending money to him through Western Union; Feb 2017 Jenna was accused of stealing money from the store where she worked; violent ex most likely exploited her to do this; regular conversations with this violent ex & sending of money to him stopped in Feb / March 2017; No information that Jenna had any sort of contact with this violent ex on the night she went missing; Only mention him here because some keep confusing him with Person 1 (ex).

===

With that said, I agree with webweaved, I do not care if someone was standing naked on a corner, with a joint in their mouth...they are a human being, who is loved and missed.

She may be 25 years old, but she may have the social skills of a 13 year old, who is easily exploited. Why does it matter about her past?

The sad reality is that the culture in which we live, Media, LE and even most of the public will put a case, that has even a whisper of 'prostitution' or 'drugs', as the lowest of priorities.

If you have a background in criminal justice / law enforcement / security, you may know this sad reality, and use it to your advantage to prevent traction / interest in a missing person case.
IMO

IIRC / IMO:

As a refresher, 4 men who have been discussed:

Person 1: Ex who Jenna met with that night while in her mother’s car; Family believes the meeting was at a Handi Mart near his residence at 1145pm; Ex stated he met with her at 10pm at his residence and that he broke up with her that night; story keeps changing.

Person 2: Roommate

Person 3: IG guy; was supposed to meet in College Park area; didn’t happen.

Person 4: Violent ex; met him in college; used to come into store where Jenna worked, demanding money from Jenna; Jenna was sending money to him through Western Union; Feb 2017 Jenna was accused of stealing money from the store where she worked; violent ex most likely exploited her to do this; regular conversations with this violent ex & sending of money to him stopped in Feb / March 2017; No information that Jenna had any sort of contact with this violent ex on the night she went missing; Only mention him here because some keep confusing him with Person 1 (ex).

===

With that said, I agree with webweaved, I do not care if someone was standing naked on a corner, with a joint in their mouth...they are a human being, who is loved and missed.
She may be 25 years old, but she may have the social skills of a 13 year old, who is easily exploited. Why does it matter about her past?

The sad reality is that the culture in which we live, Media, LE and even most of the public will put a case, that has even a whisper of 'prostitution' or 'drugs', as the lowest of priorities.

If you have a background in criminal justice / law enforcement / security, you may know this sad reality, and use it to your advantage to help traction / interest in a missing person case be at its lowest.

IMO

I hate to say this but I do agree with all you’ve said. It’s especially troubling when Dekalb LE initially made a statement along the lines of, “we found Jenna on Backpage (site often used for prostitution), so she wasn’t the innocent girl you think she is...” (Please don’t quote me as I can’t recall word for word but that’s the gist of it.) That was stated early on to parents & certainly appeared that because of their assumptions & mis-identification of Jenna, they weren’t too concerned about finding her. It’s unfortunate it’s taken LE so long to take this seriously. The average person knows the first 48 hours are crucial to a MP investigation. Even the first week of 2 is better than months down the road; how is it that LE doesn’t seem to realize this?!? ::facepalm::

I read somewhere that IG guy was ruled out of it but i cant remember where to link it. Does anyone else know or was i dreaming it?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I read somewhere that IG guy was ruled out of it but i cant remember where to link it. Does anyone else know or was i dreaming it?

Thread 1, #412

subie_climber
user-offline.png
Verified Family - Jenna Van Gelderen

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GrilledCheezy
Hm... They were supposed to go out, but she didn't show. He didn't call or text her to find out what was up? Or didn't notify police when he (very likely) saw the news stories or heard about her disappearance on social media? That behavior sounds pretty off to me.

Apparently the FBI has spoken to him already and said his story checked out​

Thread 1, #412

subie_climber
user-offline.png
Verified Family - Jenna Van Gelderen

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by GrilledCheezy
Hm... They were supposed to go out, but she didn't show. He didn't call or text her to find out what was up? Or didn't notify police when he (very likely) saw the news stories or heard about her disappearance on social media? That behavior sounds pretty off to me.

Apparently the FBI has spoken to him already and said his story checked out​
So we are down to 2 people then that we know about. Ex and roomate?

I can't figure out how to say this without it sounding RUDE. I lack tact, I admit it.
So here it goes. My apologies before I continue.

Regarding the "break up"
Her parents were out of town! I know they weren't kids, but what are the chances a guy would break up on a weekend when parents aren't home and he could "hang out" with her?
I'm not suggesting that Jenna was having sex with him or anything.
It just seems more like SHE was the one doing the breaking up..
Am I making any sense?

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What do we know about the roomate other than he supposedly wouldnt let anyone in the apartment and he was supposed to have said she slept on the couch?

I am not buying the 'recently broken up ex'. It seems too obvious. Based on my suspicion that someone has been tampering with evidence and framing something then if you cant make people think she had runaway them the obvious choice would be the ex. Blame it all on him easy peasy. Motive covered.

I can't figure out how to say this without it sounding RUDE. I lack tact, I admit it.
So here it goes. My apologies before I continue.

Regarding the "break up"
Her parents were out of town! I know they weren't kids, but what are the chances a guy would break up on a weekend when parents aren't home and he could "hang out" with her?
I'm not suggesting that Jenna was having sex with him or anything.
It just seems more like SHE was the one doing the breaking up..
Am I making any sense?

MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
IMO

Pamela,

You are making perfect sense to me. It doesn't add up, does it? He is the only reporting what was said. Perhaps there wasn't a break up that night at all? Perhaps she picked him up and took him back to her parent's home - because she had the house to herself?

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member