GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Refresh my memory...was the glass that was missing from the frame found in the house?

Refresh my memory...was the glass that was missing from the frame found in the house?
It was - and actually it was placed back in the frame and feel out when they took the frame of the wall.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Why would she keep her plans secret from her friends anyway? I don't see that happening. She also had a long conversation with her SC friend - the last known contact so the content of that convo will be known as well. I think plenty more is known but for whatever reason it is not being publicised. That's fine but it would be good to know the reasons, at least, e.g. if there are POI's or suspect at all. It could be helpful if some friends could even sign up here to give their views. JMO.
Well I don't think they were keeping secret - it was all normal conversation until they found out later she was missing. Often in my 20's there were no concrete plans besides "let's go out" until we actually got in the car or got downtown. She may have even said to her friends "do you want to go out tonight".

But I agree, that's probably all known by LE and the family.

Can't help wondering why someone recorded the phone call. Seems like an odd thing to do unless one thought that they may need it at a future date. Or perhaps Jenna was afraid of whoever she was going to meet that night and asked the friend to record her plans.

It was - and actually it was placed back in the frame and feel out when they took the frame of the wall.

How do we know the glass was placed back in the frame prior to it being moved by LE? I probably missed this but I only remember hearing there was a crack and that portion fell out when it was taken off the wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Subie- thanks for clarifying about friend who saw Jenna in the yoga pants and tank top. So s/he is actually the last verifiable seen, because that individual has been interviewed by LE, is that correct? Or is it male who saw her leaving his place @10pm?

I'm sorry to be so repetitive, but it is super important to clarify who is willing to commit to laying eyes on Jenna during the 24 hr time period leading up to her disappearance. I'm sure you know this. I just want to help narrow down a direction of travel, so that if you organize a search or searches, you have somewhere to begin!

Speaking of searches, is there any activity there? A flyer search might be useful too, where people gather at a specific location (such as where the vehicle was found, or your parents residence) and are given flyers to then fan out and post.
And speaking of flyers, perhaps someone could add pictures of Jenna's phones to her poster?

We have worked more than a few cases where discovery of a phone or other personal item has preceeded the discovery of the missing individual- and helped narrow down search areas significantly.

Let us know how we can help!

I agree, why would she keep her plans secret from her friends? When i was her age i would always go out with a friend or meet them there at the party or club. So one or more of her friends know or saw her at the get together. Was Jenna on any dating websites? That would be the only reason that none of her friends knew where she was headed, but people know to always let at least one friend know who you are meeting and the place. The driving friends around to make money theory - her friends would be aware of this too. At one point i thought i had read that the one friend was driving from another state to see her that night this hasnt been discussed much?

Can't help wondering why someone recorded the phone call. Seems like an odd thing to do unless one thought that they may need it at a future date. Or perhaps Jenna was afraid of whoever she was going to meet that night and asked the friend to record her plans.

Puzzles me too....standing out imo

Perhaps it was a voicemail.

Perhaps it was a voicemail.

I mentioned this a few pages ago, but I wondered if it was maybe a funny video of Jenna, maybe with her friend, or a Snapchat talking about where she was en route to. Something innocuous like that. iMessage also allows you to do voice texts, which she might do if she were driving, especially. My husband is a fan. Any of these would be a non-alarming reason that Jenna's plans were recorded that night.

I know some are confused as to why Jenna being gone, messy house, TV on, wouldn't be cause for alarm, but to me, that would also make me think she'd run out for coffee or some other quick errand and expected to be back soon. My understanding of that sequence of events is that the cat always needed meds twice a day. Subie and the vet tech administered them Friday morning, the vet tech presumably did Friday afternoon (neither noticed which cars were present), then Subie and vet tech did so Saturday morning, assuming Jenna to be out somewhere. The vet tech came that evening and was unable to get in, but Subie and his parents were both out of town and did not immediately get that information. On Sunday, it was clear that something was wrong. Based on the video/pics I've seen of the empty frame, the textile is not really in a place that you'd see if you were just coming by to give the cat meds. My understanding is that the glass was cracked (one large corner, I believe the bottom right) and in the frame.

I do think Jenna's clothing that night (black tank top, yoga pants, possibly a t-shirt) is significant in that it's not at all what I would wear to "go out." Maybe run some errands, hang out with a friend at home or their place, but certainly not to go to Opera or Tongue and Groove, the event spaces near where her car was found, or even a strip club. I could see her wearing it to meet up with the guy that she believed herself to be in a relationship with (which her SC friend said ended that day) or to meet up with one of the other men to give them money or purchase something.

Jenna was housesitting because of the cat. When she is not there on the Saturday morning (tel call by Subie then when he visits as well, ) then why wasn't that a problem? Did cat have food and water and clean litter tray for example. It's already been said the lights and TV were on and the house was in disarray plus the door was deadlocked. To me that indicates J left in the dark and was anticipating returning in the dark and the fact Subie couldn't get her on the phone indicates to me she did not get back to charge her phones either. But mum's car is there? She was still not there at 2 that afternoon so then alarm bells started at that point. When did she disappear? After her call with the SC friend, or before? Her phone records should clarify IMO. It cannot be explained by her clothing so we will have to await the phone details IMO . My view is she did not make it back, otherwise her phones would not have run out of battery. So someone else drove and staged the mums car and put J's belongings in her car to leave it in a bad area to get stolen. Only it didn't get stolen but sat there till police found it. AJMO.

I am trying to do a search of the Dekalb court system to see when they subpoenaed Jenna's phone records but no search results are coming up. I may be doing something wrong or searching in the wrong place so wondered if someone else wanted to have a go.

Jenna was housesitting because of the cat. When she is not there on the Saturday morning (tel call by Subie then when he visits as well, ) then why wasn't that a problem? Did cat have food and water and clean litter tray for example. It's already been said the lights and TV were on and the house was in disarray plus the door was deadlocked. To me that indicates J left in the dark and was anticipating returning in the dark and the fact Subie couldn't get her on the phone indicates to me she did not get back to charge her phones either. But mum's car is there? She was still not there at 2 that afternoon so then alarm bells started at that point. When did she disappear? After her call with the SC friend, or before? Her phone records should clarify IMO. It cannot be explained by her clothing so we will have to await the phone details IMO . My view is she did not make it back, otherwise her phones would not have run out of battery. So someone else drove and staged the mums car and put J's belongings in her car to leave it in a bad area to get stolen. Only it didn't get stolen but sat there till police found it. AJMO.
Yep!! I agree. We have been told all Google timeline activity stopped at 11:30 too and i believe the 2am text was sent by someone else.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Where do you think the tapestry fits into this?

I don't think it is relevant to her disappearance because I don't think she came back to the house that night because her phones went uncharged. So the tapestry was already missing from earlier in the week or was staged to indicate a theft by whoever brought her mum's car back to the house.

I don't think it is relevant to her disappearance because I don't think she came back to the house that night because her phones went uncharged. So the tapestry was already missing from earlier in the week or was staged to indicate a theft by whoever brought her mum's car back to the house.

I can't remember the exact sequence whereby Jenna's phone went from ringing before going to voicemail, to going straight to voicemail. I want to say it still rang on Saturday morning, then went straight to voicemail later that day. I imagine she could've charged it in her car or at a friend's, even if she didn't return home. That she didn't suggests that she was somehow incapacitated or now relying on another phone.

I agree with exactly that re: the tapestry. Either it was somehow damaged or taken during the party, or taken as part of staging her disappearance. I like the idea to check with dry cleaners, since it wasn't found with her car.

Speaking of that party, didn't subie say that the upstairs/bedrooms were what was messed up and made him think she'd had people over? Seems a bit odd; I'd think people would be more likely to hang out in the living room or kitchen.

Did Jenna not have car chargers for her phones? Has this been confirmed by the family?

If she had chargers, were they found when the car was recovered?

[respectfully snipped]

Speaking of that party, didn't subie say that the upstairs/bedrooms were what was messed up and made him think she'd had people over? Seems a bit odd; I'd think people would be more likely to hang out in the living room or kitchen.

I just took that to mean that maybe some friends stayed over after drinking and she hadn't made up the beds yet. MOO

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From Crimestoppers Greater Atlanta Facebooksite, Oktober 5, 2017

Missing Person: The Dekalb County Police Department is investigating the disappearance of Jenna Van Gelderen. Jenna was house sitting her parents home in the Emory/Druid Hills area of Dekalb County. The last time anyone had communications with her was the late hours of 8/18 into the early morning hours of 8/19. Jenna's car, a dark blue Mazda 6 with GA tag # PWH5902, was found on Defoor Pl in NW Atlanta on September 6th. Her family has raised money for her return, but Crime Stoppers is offering a #cashreward up to $7,000 for any information that would help investigators make an arrest in this case.....

Could this mean LE is now thinking that a crime happened....or just a way Crimestoppers put it/interpreted it?

https://www.facebook.com/CrimeStoppersAtlanta/ (I'm not sure this is allowed, no linking to persons)

Did Jenna not have car chargers for her phones? Has this been confirmed by the family?

If she had chargers, were they found when the car was recovered?

Nothing has been said about whether she had car chargers so I presume no she didn't have them. Also her glasses are missing and I am presuming she needed them for driving. I have asked a few times about her glasses but there have been no definitive answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654