GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been speaking with new detectives on the case from DeKalb police. Lots of holes in the files apparently so they had to start from the beginning and also begin the process of re interviewing people.

We also have a good lead on that Jenna around 1145 pm that night drove from her apartment to a Handi Mart on the west side of Atlanta. We believe this is actually where she met our original POI the ex.

The route down 14th Street on her time line matches previous routes she took to his place which isn't far from this gas station.

So now what we still are trying to figure out is what happened next. We know Atlanta police have started getting traffic cam footage from Friday as well as Saturday morning. <modsnip>

Just need a good solid lead to fill in the gaps

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is GREAT you have this new information! I’m saddened though that it’s taken THIS LONG to obtain information that could have been obtained long ago. [emoji22] Positive thoughts for you & your family! Hoping this new information is successful in helping find Jenna, ASAP!

Great news. Wonder if the footage is good enough to id the occupants? Hoping these various leads ( gas station stops, phone pings, cam footage, phone calls etc) can make sense of J's movements.

Handi mart on simpson road? Or west lake? That’s a bad area.
the west side has been a common theme in this so far. Cambelton road references, handi mart on the west side, ex living on the west side, car found on the west side, English Ave stops, west atl seems to be playing a big role....

We have been speaking with new detectives on the case from DeKalb police. Lots of holes in the files apparently so they had to start from the beginning and also begin the process of re interviewing people.

We also have a good lead on that Jenna around 1145 pm that night drove from her apartment to a Handi Mart on the west side of Atlanta. We believe this is actually where she met our original POI the ex.

The route down 14th Street on her time line matches previous routes she took to his place which isn't far from this gas station.

So now what we still are trying to figure out is what happened next. We know Atlanta police have started getting traffic cam footage from Friday as well as Saturday morning. <modsnip>.

Just need a good solid lead to fill in the gaps

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think all the questions have been asked.... just waiting on some answers. I have faith they're coming!!

Wow, it suddenly got quiet here. I hope there&#8217;s good news soon.

Hoping for the same!! We went from 30+ comments a day to none!
Still lurking and supporting though. Offers of help for searching do not seem to have been taken up so I can only assume family and LE do not want that ATM. We have asked many questions so till LE release more info ( like an official POI or phone details or cctv images) then I can't see what else there is to be done.
Eta. I notice another appeal to J's friends for leads has gone on the HelpJVG page just 7 hours ago. Very disappointed if leads have not been forthcoming.

Still caring.....waiting for more info.....

I'm still here, as well. Just haven't had much to add until we get more info.

Hoping for some news soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It stinks, I live in the Area and am more than willing to help with anything they need during the search for their daughter/sister. Just have not heard anything back. We need to get more people saturating these places o flats locations, area where her apartment Home was, and area surrounding the area the parents house is and ask QUESTIONS!! Go to the area car was found and ASK QUESTIONS.! Please, let us all help you....we feel very close to you and your parents during this time.

It stinks, I live in the Area and am more than willing to help with anything they need during the search for their daughter/sister. Just have not heard anything back. We need to get more people saturating these places o flats locations, area where her apartment Home was, and area surrounding the area the parents house is and ask QUESTIONS!! Go to the area car was found and ASK QUESTIONS.! Please, let us all help you....we feel very close to you and your parents during this time.

Agree 100%! Especially with the lack of MSM coverage. Some may have seen something but without knowing Jenna is missing, would never think to give that info.

I hate to say this, but I've followed this case from the beginning, and from the outside, at least, there seems to be an unsettling and perplexing lack of urgency all around.

(Cringe) I know, I can't believe I said that. I don't mean to be cruel or critical, but this is my opinion based on the many cases that I've followed here over the years.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they don't care, I'm not saying that they're not making a good faith effort or shirking their duties, but on a scale of 1 to 10, whereas many people/entities would be at 11 in terms of motivation, action, panic, making great sacrifices and having a stop-everything-do-anything-no-matter-how-small attitude, I'd rate the overall reaction/efforts from all of the combined parties at a 7.5--competant, yes, solid, perfectly respectable, "a priority," but not a superhuman, all-out, go above and beyond convergence of people, actions and attitudes. Again, this is how it seems from the outside, so I 'm probably wrong--I hope I am.

If I disappeared and were in a dangerous situation, where every hour brought new miseries, trauma, and fears, I would hope, expect, and need a time-is-of-the-essence, "put every volunteer to work, " "every second counts" reaction from friends, family, LE, and other governmental entities, not just an adequate, competent one.

I hate to say this, but I've followed this case from the beginning, and from the outside, at least, there seems to be an unsettling and perplexing lack of urgency all around.

(Cringe) I know, I can't believe I said that. I don't mean to be cruel or critical, but this is my opinion based on the many cases that I've followed here over the years.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they don't care, I'm not saying that they're not making a good faith effort or shirking their duties, but on a scale of 1 to 10, whereas many people/entities would be at 11 in terms of motivation, action, panic, making great sacrifices and having a stop-everything-do-anything-no-matter-how-small attitude, I'd rate the overall reaction/efforts from all of the combined parties at a 7.5--competant, yes, solid, perfectly respectable, "a priority," but not a superhuman, all-out, go above and beyond convergence of people, actions and attitudes. Again, this is how it seems from the outside, so I 'm probably wrong--I hope I am.

If I disappeared and were in a dangerous situation, where every hour brought new miseries, trauma, and fears, I would hope, expect, and need a time-is-of-the-essence, "put every volunteer to work, " "every second counts" reaction from friends, family, LE, and other governmental entities, not just an adequate, competent one.

Long-time lurker here. I agree, though I would say the family hiring two private investigators and signing up as a verified insider on this forum to get more insight isn't something that is always seen in cases, and shows the urgency, motivation, action etc of the family.

The lack of outcome from their action etc I believe is from the absolutely unsettling amount of disinterest or lack of urgency and messiness of LE during this. And of course, who knows what mixed messages or advice from LE the family is getting on how to proceed. (Searches or no searches, areas of interest, etc)

No family ever imagines this happening to them, and no one can understand what their going through, let alone how they process, handle and move forward. It is up to LE, however, to guide them as they are the experts and has been there before.

All IMO and no disrespect meant towards you or anyone here. I commend you all, especially Jenna's family, for your care and dedication to finding Jenna, it's so frustrating when there are no answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this new? IIRC, I think this article is quoting the initial video &#8216;interview&#8217; from weeks ago. I could be wrong though!
I dont recall any comments from LE during the video but i could be wrong too ;)

<modsnip>

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I've just had a thought. LE and family need to publicize the fact she was driving a RED Mazda ( provide the pic of the car with her pic at the gas stations she stopped at perhaps). People may have seen her in the red car without realising it, because they think/thought she was in a black one. She may never have been in the black mazda at all. In fact that is very likely, so are LE looking for the red mazda on the traffic cams as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog