GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the tapestry- I was thinking that if it was framed and had pride of place in a home, someone might presume it was worth something and take it? That doesn't explain why they wouldn't take the whole thing in the frame though.
I check this thread every day hoping for more news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it would mean it wasn't J or anyone connected because she/they would know there were also 2 smaller matching unframed end table covers. The whole set would always be more valuable than just one piece. Have family now had it valued to claim on insurance I wonder?
AJMO.

And it would mean it wasn't J or anyone connected because she/they would know there were also 2 smaller matching unframed end table covers. The whole set would always be more valuable than just one piece. Have family now had it valued to claim on insurance I wonder?
AJMO.
Good point!

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Wouldnt the obvious choice be tv and other more easily accesible valuables? If it was stolen due to value then where would Jenna's disappearence fit in? Do you think she was home and they took it or they came with her keys and let themselves in?

I really don't know. I'm confused by not knowing her movements that evening and the use of her own car and her mums, it just doesn't make any sense. I'm hoping the silence from the VI means there is a lot going on behind the scenes. This is by far the most puzzling case I have come across since joining WS.

Wouldnt the obvious choice be tv and other more easily accesible valuables? If it was stolen due to value then where would Jenna's disappearence fit in? Do you think she was home and they took it or they came with her keys and let themselves in?

Also the tapestry/table cover would be much easier to take from the house without drawing attention. A large item like a TV would be easily spotted by neighbours. I think Jenna was home when this happened, I think it's unlikely someone would risk returning to the house without her.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. LE is making progress and unfortunately I am in a difficult position and have been advised to not reveal more information as I do not want to jeopardize the case. I'm not sure what else to say at this point other than We miss Jenna and hope we get answers soon. I thank everyone on here for the support and those that want to help.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. Sorry for the lack of updates. LE is making progress and unfortunately I am in a difficult position and have been advised to not reveal more information as I do not want to jeopardize the case. I'm not sure what else to say at this point other than We miss Jenna and hope we get answers soon. I thank everyone on here for the support and those that want to help.

Totally understood Subie. Good thoughts for Jenna, yourself and your family!

I understand and don't want to see the case jeopardized. If and when you can share information, you have a whole group people here that will do whatever we can to help you find Jenna and answers to your questions. I log in every morning and every evening hoping for good news. And, I will continue. Additionally, I continue to think of and pray for your family and Jenna. Jenna is so very lucky to have you as a brother.

@subie, good to hear from you.

Could you at least say whether GBI are on board yet or not?

You can be assured everyone on here just wish to help you find J and push LE to do whatever needs to be done.

I’ve been quiet for awhile just because there hasn’t been much I could contribute. I still have no more than I did a month ago.
I still feel they should check out the vet tech; I’m not saying he is a POI, but just to hear his story.
I also still feel that the framed “tapestry/quilt/mosaic” was either damaged by J and she took it out to try and have it repaired before someone noticed; hence the frame returned to the wall. OR, someone was there to harm J and some DNA ended up on the cloth piece. The frame and glass are easily cleaned; cloth, not so much. So it was taken. Which if this was the case, leads me to believe it may be someone the family knew. Someone to care enough to return the frame to a hanging position or to delay the brother/family in noticing.

Good to hear from you! Glad they’re making some progress!!! Please take care of yourself & your parents!!

Finding Jenna is what is important, you do whatever is best. Many prayers to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I’ve been quiet for awhile just because there hasn’t been much I could contribute. I still have no more than I did a month ago.
I still feel they should check out the vet tech; I’m not saying he is a POI, but just to hear his story.
I also still feel that the framed “tapestry/quilt/mosaic” was either damaged by J and she took it out to try and have it repaired before someone noticed; hence the frame returned to the wall. OR, someone was there to harm J and some DNA ended up on the cloth piece. The frame and glass are easily cleaned; cloth, not so much. So it was taken. Which if this was the case, leads me to believe it may be someone the family knew. Someone to care enough to return the frame to a hanging position or to delay the brother/family in noticing.
I agree. AFAICS the vet tech and the room mate haven't even been interviewed by LE.

I have just had a thought. What if J had decided to move out and had found a potential place? ( the Morningside apartment she was checking out on the 18th) And she went to her apartment to get some belongings (hence the suitcase and belongings in car) and while doing so argued with the room mate. Things got heated and she came to harm. He has taken her and her car and staged it to look like her and the car was carjacked/stolen and dumped. JMO.

Yeah. Normal perps don't care to hang anything back up in your home. This case is rather cryptic. She was secretive. I feel like there's way more to it. I have a feeling they are waiting for her to maybe surface? That would be great. Wishful thinking. JMO. Sending the family the best. Her surfacing would be the best outcome.

Yeah. Normal perps don't care to hang anything back up in your home. This case is rather cryptic. She was secretive. I feel like there's way more to it. I have a feeling they are waiting for her to maybe surface? That would be great. Wishful thinking. JMO. Sending the family the best. Her surfacing would be the best outcome.
I agree it is the best outcome but how has she been surviving with no clothes, shoes, car, money, glasses, debit or id card, make-up and essentials? If LE still believe she is voluntarily missing, that is a big presumption for them to make IMO. If they don't want to do a proper investigation, they should give good reasons IMO.

Is the vet tech a friend? I am asking because I was wondering if they were connected to the pet store in any way? I know some pet stores have vet advice available in store and with J having the connection wondered if it was a possibility? With the age of the cat (21) it has probably been needing meds for some time, perhaps even when J was working there. JMO.

I'm with you 100%, this is my theory...... The only other thing I can come up with which is also on the same lines, is that there was a safe behind the frame that held the tapestry. It looked like it was in her dads office area, it's literally the PERFECT place for a safe. So I'm seriously of the camp that there was some type of DNA on it that shouldn't have been there which was a result of an injury or accident from taking it off the wall looking to see if there was a safe behind it.

Wow, a safe behind the frame is a great thought. That could be why in the picture they showed us online the empty frame is hanging on the wall. If the tapastry was missing there is no other good reason to hang an empty frame back on the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!