GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and the other two theories I have heard are trafficking and left of her own accord. She was actively looking for a new apartment and the tapestry was the only item taken from the parents home.

There was presumably no traces of blood in the cars and according to VI cars weren't fingerprinted. If that is true and LE suspected foul play, why was that not done?

Why was house not fingerprinted?
I thought Jenna's car and the house was fingerprinted but not until later on and her mums car wasn't? At the time im sure nothing was found. I will see if i can dig something out to this effect.

ETA: I have just found this... on the timeline

* Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down

And this post from the VI (Ive lost the post to get the number but if you really need it and cant search i will go back:

All I can really say right now is that I met with them on Monday including the Chief with our P.I. They had a huge binder for this case, but could not tell me much at all. Part of the issue is that we dont think they consider her missing. They asked me if she had any cash lying around from her incident earlier this year and may have just decided to off the grid and live on her own or lay low for a bit.

My dad put pressure on the Chief as to why they never fingerprinted my moms car or the house and Thursday they finally did come to do so, but will not tell us what they have found. Only that it may be too late for that. Well duh..

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I thought Jenna's car and the house was fingerprinted but not until later on and her mums car wasn't? At the time im sure nothing was found. I will see if i can dig something out to this effect.

ETA: I have just found this... on the timeline

* Theychecked mom’s car for Fingerprints; Yes for finger prints have not heard yetwhat they found T2 # 225 VI Finger prints should be in the car. I agree, butaccording to what the police said in the news articles there where none. If sothat means someone wiped it down

And this post from the VI (Ive lost the post to get the number but if you really need it and cant search i will go back:

All I can really say right now is that I met with them on Monday including the Chief with our P.I. They had a huge binder for this case, but could not tell me much at all. Part of the issue is that we dont think they consider her missing. They asked me if she had any cash lying around from her incident earlier this year and may have just decided to off the grid and live on her own or lay low for a bit.

My dad put pressure on the Chief as to why they never fingerprinted my moms car or the house and Thursday they finally did come to do so, but will not tell us what they have found. Only that it may be too late for that. Well duh..

Thanks for that- i had forgotten. So they checked mom's car and house for prints after family pressure. Did they check for blood in those places too? Did they check J's car for that too? So LE definitely thought it was voluntary initially, by their actions. I wonder what has since changed to think homicide? The car sighting and phone pings perhaps has changed LE's mind about this. Also, the fact they returned J's car to the family indicates to me they don't believe it was used in a crime.

So where the heck is she?

:cow:

"Originally posted by Stanly"
" i have lost my 'report' button but anyone can gladly report this post for me and ask admin if we can bring the text over from fb :)

ETA (again!) My tapatalk is playing up and i lost my original post argh! I have asked WS admin if we can bring over the text from Jennas dads fb referencing the homicide investigation. Its in limbo but if anyone can ask aswell it will help."

Did you hear from admin yet about posting LVG FB posts? The last couple have been interesting IMO.

" i have lost my 'report' button but anyone can gladly report this post for me and ask admin if we can bring the text over from fb :)

ETA (again!) My tapatalk is playing up and i lost my original post argh! I have asked WS admin if we can bring over the text from Jennas dads fb referencing the homicide investigation. Its in limbo but if anyone can ask aswell it will help."

Did you hear from admin yet about posting LVG FB posts? The last couple have been interesting IMO.
No :-/ i will ask once more

I still find the "pocket calls" to Jenna's phone from IG guy late on the night she was last seen as a huge red flag. Campbellton Rd & College Park not that far from Fairburn, maybe a 15-20 minute drive, according to Google (but Campbellton Rd is very long, so could take longer, depending on location one would be driving from). I googled some maps and copied pics for reference, but don't see how to attach them.

"Originally posted by AzPistonsGirl"
"very generally, I sense the leading theory here revolves around Jenna being harmed by someone she knew as a friend and/or BF, or someone in that person's circle, perhaps over drugs or sex or money.

ETA: and if anything, it gets the discussion going again and you never know what might fall out."

Thanks AzPistonsGirl for getting the discussion going again, Jenna's thread has been very quiet lately. Thinking outside the box.... I don't recall any discussion early on that perhaps more than one person could be involved in Js disappearance. Does anyone recall....was that thought discussed? I have speculated, and have a loose theory on how that could be possible. Will post later after giving it more thought. Also, we ask if LE investigation checked the house and car for fingerprints & blood /DNA..... how about Jenna's sheets for DNA also?

It is my understanding once the administrator for the official page post something, we can talk about it. I would assume the administrator will capture and talk about his post soon? Then, and only then, it would be allowable to discuss here?

"Originally posted by AzPistonsGirl"
"very generally, I sense the leading theory here revolves around Jenna being harmed by someone she knew as a friend and/or BF, or someone in that person's circle, perhaps over drugs or sex or money.

ETA: and if anything, it gets the discussion going again and you never know what might fall out."

Thanks AzPistonsGirl for getting the discussion going again, Jenna's thread has been very quiet lately. Thinking outside the box.... I don't recall any discussion early on that perhaps more than one person could be involved in Js disappearance. Does anyone recall....was that thought discussed? I have speculated, and have a loose theory on how that could be possible. Will post later after giving it more thought. Also, we ask if LE investigation checked the house and car for fingerprints & blood /DNA..... how about Jenna's sheets for DNA also?

Do you mean the sheets at the parents house? Apparently she had no bed at her apartment so presumably no sheets either.

I haven't heard that blood or DNA checks were done anywhere.

Thanks for that- i had forgotten. So they checked mom's car and house for prints after family pressure. Did they check for blood in those places too? Did they check J's car for that too? So LE definitely thought it was voluntary initially, by their actions. I wonder what has since changed to think homicide? The car sighting and phone pings perhaps has changed LE's mind about this. Also, the fact they returned J's car to the family indicates to me they don't believe it was used in a crime.

So where the heck is she?

:cow:

From my summery/time line

September, 15 Friday

Big update! Car has been found <actually itwas found on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP], but because of the ongoing investigation notpreviously made public> and is being processed by Dekalb police.

I'm not sure what processing means but they probably took fingerprints, samples and such.

From my summery/time line

September, 15 Friday

Big update! Car has been found <actually itwas found on the 5[SUP]th[/SUP], but because of the ongoing investigation notpreviously made public> and is being processed by Dekalb police.

I'm not sure what processing means but they probably took fingerprints, samples and such.
I'm not sure either - the car was returned to family so imo there was no evidence found if they did run any checks, or they would have hung on to it as evidence.

"Originally posted by Shiressleuth".
"Do you mean the sheets at the parents house? Apparently she had no bed at her apartment so presumably no sheets either.

I haven't heard that blood or DNA checks were done anywhere."

Yes, sheets from parents house. JMO, I don't like to imply there was a "hook up" at the parents house the night she went missing without evidence, but
always a possibility....... and Js sheets could have provided DNA evidence.

I agree with you, Shiressleuth, if forensics were done on the car, why was the car returned to the parents and not held......especially since some things not belonging to Jenna were found by the family in the car?

"Do you mean the sheets at the parents house? Apparently she had no bed at her apartment so presumably no sheets either.

Yes, sheets from parents house. JMO, I don't like to imply there was a "hook up" at the parents house the night she went missing without evidence, but

I agree with you, Shiressleuth, if forensics were done on the car, why was the car returned to the parents and not held......especially since some things not belonging to Jenna were found by the family in the car?

Well don't forget several friends stayed overnight on the Thursday and house was not tidied per Subie so the sheets likely had the DNA of those persons on them. As LE did not do the forensics in the house for some time, I would imagine laundry had been done by then but I am just speculating. They are not really sure that J was even there Friday night as someone else could have accessed her facebook from the house imo.

@shiressleuth. I had thought about the friends spending the night Thursday night too. I meant Jenna's sheets specifically, not all of the sheets in the parents house. But you are correct, with forensics not being done until about 1 month out, the sheets had probably already been washed by then and wouldn't have yielded any DNA evidence. As far as we know (per roommate), Jenna had no bed or bedding at her own apartment. But by the time LE got around to speaking with the roommate, those things could have been long gone and put out by the curb or disposed of.

Does anyone know how to find the missing person case clearance statistics/rates for DeKalb County? I'm seeing homicide and all other manner of crime, but can't find a database or annual report on this. I'm hoping this information would provide insight into why forensic technologies were avoided.

If they closed a lot of cases, it would make me lean towards them having already done it and/or not keeping the family/public in the loop because they have sensitive information.

If there weren't a lot of closed cases, it could mean a lot of things but I feel it would put the "LE knows something that will lead to a huge arrest or Jenna's return" thing to bed. I don't appreciate that nagging hope if it's not very likely.

Her car was held until 21st sept as per the official FB page.
It is known that another person uses Jennas car frequently so it may not be a concern to LE that someone elses phone charger was found in there. That persons finger prints will be all over the car but it doesnt prove anything.

Does anyone know roughly how long it would take for dna/blood samples from the car to be checked and results given?

Does anyone know roughly how long it would take for dna/blood samples from the car to be checked and results given?

One NC case I just was looking at it took 8 months for DNA to come back from a state lab. :frown:

I posted a report on waiting periods on the A&L thread some time ago so I'll see if I can dig it up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni