GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Initially posted by Stanley", " Her car was held until 21st sept as per the official FB page. It is known that another person uses Jennas car frequently so it may not be a concern to LE that someone elses phone charger was found in there. That persons finger prints will be all over the car but it doesnt prove anything".

Per Jenna's Dad, something else not belonging to Jenna was found in the car also, but can't be mentioned on the site without admin approval. Of course, that item could have been planted there - but if was accidentally left behind, IMO could provide helpful evidence. I haven't had time to go back and reread, but from memory (which is not always all that great) I thought Subie said that LE stated nothing pertinent was found in the car. That suggested to me the car had been cleaned / wiped down, and likely why it was returned to parents. I'll go back and check earlier threads.

@Stanly, Regarding fingerprinting the car, apparently no fingerprints were found in the car, unless LE didn't want to reveal what they found. I remember there was discussion (per Subie, I believe) on this thread that the glass on the picture frame had been wiped down also but not sure if that was ever confirmed. IMO, wiping down the car & picture frame, suggested the perp probably was not new to burglaries / crime, and this wasn't just a random act by a novice of who would have likely been sloppy and left more evidence.

"Originally posted on BOP 9/30 timeline". http://www.11alive.com/news/local/missing-in-georgia/woman-vanishes-car-found-empty/476644040"

"Inside her car that was out of gas, yielded zero fingerprints nor clues. Nearby store security camera videos in the area provided police with no further leads.
Kennedy said the police department has been on this case more than any other since the night she vanished.
“It’s a difficult case. We struggle with it. I mean, we’ve been working it. It’s just difficult, you know, when someone disappears without a trace, per se… We just haven’t had that one, strong lead that leads us to believe that she’s less than healthy or the contrary. So we haven’t had anything to lead us in any direction.”

Thanks, Shiresleuth. I didn't see a tool for case clearance rates on that website, though. Case clearance=rate solved. Did I miss something by viewing it on mobile?

If there's nothing DeKalb specific, I'll take Georgia stats too. Just kind of figuring FBI/GBI would have this information posted somewhere. All the crime committed by citizens is shared, for when you want to move somewhere. I bet the probability of getting a crime solved is posted somewhere too if you know where to look.

Thanks, Shiresleuth. I didn't see a tool for case clearance rates on that website, though. Case clearance=rate solved. Did I miss something by viewing it on mobile?

If there's nothing DeKalb specific, I'll take Georgia stats too. Just kind of figuring FBI/GBI would have this information posted somewhere. All the crime committed by citizens is shared, for when you want to move somewhere. I bet the probability of getting a crime solved is posted somewhere too if you know where to look.

I only posted on missing cases in Georgia . Didn't find anything on cases cleared. However, I did find a Dekalb PD site that looked like it could have something but it would not load at all for me. I am in UK so it could work for you. I'll see if I can post the link anyway.

Try www.dekalbcountyga.gov

I only posted on missing cases in Georgia . Didn't find anything on cases cleared. However, I did find a Dekalb PD site that looked like it could have something but it would not load at all for me. I am in UK so it could work for you. I'll see if I can post the link anyway.

Try www.dekalbcountyga.gov

Always interesting what we can and can’t see on foreign websites. Well, you’re not missing much. This would be another example of statistics on types and frequency of crime committed. I’m really surprised at how hard this is to find. Isn’t this a question that would come up a lot, on Websleuths especially?!

thinking of you today, Jenna... and those who know and genuinely love you. They need a sign, anything....

Oh my, I have just learned about another missing person case from Atlanta (midtown area), Ga. Natalie White (see WS thread), last seen January 5, 2018 walking toward the bus stop- she was going to meet with a prospective landlord about renting a house; no other details available. No recent LE updates. I am thinking about Natalie and her friends & family and hope that she is found and returns home soon. https://caseacquaint.com/2018/01/21/episode-8-missing-natalie-white/amp/

Although I do not personally believe this is how Jenna met up a nefarious person, and I am not saying that I believe the cases are related..... But I think it should be (re)considered that Jenna was also looking for another apartment online, and as reported in earlier WS threads, she had responded to a person /ad for an apartment in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta a short time before she went missing. (Sorry, I don't have that link available).
Thinking outside the box...... anyone could advertise a house or apartment for rent online and pose as a landlord. I hate to go there, but ..... Could there be a nefarious person who is looking for vulnerable women by presenting him/her self as a landlord online? I'm sure it's probably happened many times before. I sure hope not.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...nequa-Sullivan-23-autistic-Atlanta-4-Feb-2018

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?362676-GA-Natalie-White-41-Atlanta-5-Jan-2018

Oh my, I have just learned about another missing person case from Atlanta (midtown area), Ga. Natalie White (see WS thread), last seen January 5, 2018 walking toward the bus stop- she was going to meet with a prospective landlord about renting a house; no other details available. No recent LE updates. I am thinking about Natalie and her friends & family and hope that she is found and returns home soon. https://caseacquaint.com/2018/01/21/episode-8-missing-natalie-white/amp/

Although I do not personally believe this is how Jenna met up a nefarious person, and I am not saying that I believe the cases are related..... But I think it should be (re)considered that Jenna was also looking for another apartment online, and as reported in earlier WS threads, she had responded to a person /ad for an apartment in the Morningside neighborhood of Atlanta a short time before she went missing. (Sorry, I don't have that link available).
Thinking outside the box...... anyone could advertise a house or apartment for rent online and pose as a landlord. I hate to go there, but ..... Could there be a nefarious person who is looking for vulnerable women by presenting him/her self as a landlord online? I'm sure it's probably happened many times before. I sure hope not.

I've added a link to Natalie's WS thread above.
I too have wondered about this possibility. I think the Morningside one checked out (sorry no link) but who's to say Jenna didn't check Craigs list or something else. Any way we can check that out? Or follow up on this recent case/lead perhaps?

I've also posted a link to Shanequa Sullivan thread, a young autistic girl who went missing in the area of the Airport where she worked. She has recently sadly been found deceased in the Yellow River. The Autism and the area she went missing has also put me in mind of Jenna. Coincidences ????

Natalie went missing from a bus stop, Shanequa from a Marta station near the airport and Jenna's phone pinged last near the airport didn't it? Jenna's car was also found close to a bus route. More coincidences?
:thinking:

Natalie went missing from a bus stop, Shanequa from a Marta station near the airport and Jenna's phone pinged last near the airport didn't it? Jenna's car was also found close to a bus route. More coincidences?
:thinking:

Just a question...did Jenna's phone pinged last near an airport? I missed that...

That's what I was asking.

Haha Shire....I can't recall I saw that anywhere.....
smlytruce.gif

I was getting hung up on the phone and car location and times probably because I don’t really understand pings.

Is it possible someone could’ve discarded the phone in Fairburn, either to throw off the trail or just because it was convenient, prior to driving her car near West Midtown Saturday morning? Like Shire said, maybe that last ping was initiated when Subie was calling the phone.

It seems like it would be helpful to know about ping locations prior to the last one. Is this information included when LE gets phone records?

I wonder if it would be worth searching along the stretch of I-85 that runs through Fairburn. I thought about the landfills as someone mentioned but would there be enough time for her phone to send a text to her friend around 2 a.m. and then go from trash to landfill by 7 or 8 a.m.?

Also, seeing that her phone was in Fairburn, the final location of the car seems more interesting since they are not close to each other and one would think of other less conspicuous spots in between. Why was that spot chosen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just bumping NN's post about last ping location.

College Park and the airport are on the way to Fairburn GA where the last ping was reported. (about 10 miles)

This case is still baffling me....pffff. Never would have thought I was going to be "so hung up" on Jenna's case, a total stranger to me, but meanwhile feels like an acquaintance... Blow kiss for you Jenna, wherever you are.

I’ve been rereading the VI comments in the first thread. He said her Google timeline ended at 11:30 p.m. on Friday. It tracked her movements until then, he said. We know the phone didn’t stop moving because the family says the last ping was near Fairburn Saturday morning.

Subie also said that her phone had no back ups available and he thought all contacts and messages were “wiped.” He said there were no photos after January.

We’ve also been told that a text was sent from her phone around 2 a.m. so it wasn’t discarded (or whatever) until after that time.

Did something happen near 11:30 p.m. Friday, allowing someone to take her phone and start deleting things, or was it after 2 a.m. Saturday? It would seem determining that time is important. I’ve wondered if when she went to switch cars after 11:30, she was under some level of duress and someone had already taken her phone.

Or, did she turn off the location tracking herself for some reason? And if so, why disable that and seemingly delete info off the phone, yet leave it on so it’s still sending pings?

Who would care about what was on her phone?

Here are some of Subie’s quotes from the first thread I’m referencing:

“It looks like though and this is odd, it says no back ups of apps and data available. All contacts and messages are wiped and photos only show January of this year and piror.
It's like she turned off all.back up settings or someone wiped a lot of her phone”

“It shows right now her entire history of locations and whear about for Friday the 18 including locations she search on maps.
Sat 19 no activity”

“Nothing all activity ends at 1130 pm”

I’ve been rereading the VI comments in the first thread. He said her Google timeline ended at 11:30 p.m. on Friday. It tracked her movements until then, he said. We know the phone didn’t stop moving because the family says the last ping was near Fairburn Saturday morning.

Subie also said that her phone had no back ups available and he thought all contacts and messages were “wiped.” He said there were no photos after January.

We’ve also been told that a text was sent from her phone around 2 a.m. so it wasn’t discarded (or whatever) until after that time.

Did something happen near 11:30 p.m. Friday, allowing someone to take her phone and start deleting things, or was it after 2 a.m. Saturday? It would seem determining that time is important. I’ve wondered if when she went to switch cars after 11:30, she was under some level of duress and someone had already taken her phone.

Or, did she turn off the location tracking herself for some reason? And if so, why disable that and seemingly delete info off the phone, yet leave it on so it’s still sending pings?

Who would care about what was on her phone?

Here are some of Subie’s quotes from the first thread I’m referencing:

“It looks like though and this is odd, it says no back ups of apps and data available. All contacts and messages are wiped and photos only show January of this year and piror.
It's like she turned off all.back up settings or someone wiped a lot of her phone”

“It shows right now her entire history of locations and whear about for Friday the 18 including locations she search on maps.
Sat 19 no activity”

“Nothing all activity ends at 1130 pm”

What about the 2nd phone? We havent heard anything about that have we? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

What about the 2nd phone? We havent heard anything about that have we? [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

That’s correct. What happened with the Metro PCS phone?

This was the quote from VI in the first thread regarding the phone:

“I was able to access the voice mail earlier on it and found a pocket dial at 1150 pm Friday . I have given the number to our p.i . I have been able to locate that number tied to an Instagram account with references to pimping and clubs on cambelton Rd .
I do not know for sure if I feel comfortable posting the number / Instagram in public but this may be some sort of trafficker. I can pm someone on here if need be”
—————-

If there was a call at 11:50 p.m., where was the phone at that time? Where both phones in the same location at the same time? Did Subie only find out about the second phone because he found the statements at the house? I can’t remember. I’m wondering if information was deleted off the second phone like it seemingly was off the iPhone.

Posted on Help Find Jenna Van Gelderen FB on 2/28:

"On Saturday, 8/19 Jenna's phone was last pinging at 7-8am near the city of in Fairburn, Ga. Her car however had been spotted in NW Atlanta / West midtown area at the same time. We believe her car / phone were in separate locations. Local LE needs assistance on this. Additional help from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Fairburn police department would be helpful..."

Really good points being brought up. Which phone pinged near Fairburn? For myself I think it was the T-mobile one because that is the one that Subie knew about at the time and would have called, very likely generating the ping. I don't think he knew about the other phone on that Saturday a.m. did he?

MOO.

I will have to review timeline and Subie posts but I think the Metro Pcs died first and LE had those pings early on in the investigation IIRC.

I can't help thinking that the pings of these two phones must help the investigation in some way, combined with the gas station stops and card usage plus car location and camera surveillance, if any. That all seems to be a lot of information for LE to track this. In doing so, it could help in the disappearance and murder of these other girls. Why GBI are not now involved beats the heck out of me, especially with 2 out of the three suffering with autism. All Fulton county too.

Regarding the google time line stopping at 11.30 that is strange and would have to have the location physically turned off by the user. Yet J spoke to her SC friend after this (approx 11.45) so it had to be J herself who turned that off right? Then the 2.30 a.m. "laying down" text was sent. Facebook was accessed at the parent's house . Subie called the T.mobile phone and I think that generated the Fairburn ping but J's car was seen elsewhere. With J having two phones, the pings should line up together right? That's a real big clue - if the phones stayed together the person responsible knew about both phones, if they didn't stay together, the person responsible did not know about two phones.

What about the Uber that collected J's friend? Has that driver been checked out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876