GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right Gardener they do not use DNA but skull features to know she was Asian. Yes Shiressleuth there is a resemblance, the weight and height were also on target, However.
i,e, The Natalie Bollinger case: she went missing Dec 28,
December 29 her father Ted Bollinger posted on the fox news channel website: My daughter was murdered I just left the Sheriff's office. "SO the father made it known before LE"
January 2 LE officially confirmed the body found was Natalie Bollinger and it went to the news sources.

My point being is they go to the family first, her handbag could have been there with her name and other identifying things, the father was called in they may have showed him the items he said yes its my daughters items and showed him photos of his daughter. Yes LE can miss things but it would be pretty lame for them to miss a girl Jenna that recently disappeared from 20 miles away. I would bet dollars to donuts they brought a photo of the UID female found at the mall to Jenna's parents (even though she was determined Asian because they could be wrong) and they said "No its not her", and went to other family members of the missing, before they went public with a sketch of an unknown girl.

That all depends on the amount of resources the county has to chase down leads on an UID case. My observation has been that most of the time it is the reverse situation: when someone is found in a different county/different state from where they went missing-- the family of a missing person often has to contact LE in order to verify it is not their loved one. That is why we have the Unidentified forum. Websleuths members have made many matches over the years that seem like they SHOULD have been easily discovered by LE. I don't think the UID is Jenna (I'm convinced now) but if anyone wants to jump over to the UID thread and discuss further, please go there and see if we can solve it. And if anyone feels strongly that the resemblance is there to submit Jenna to LE, please make the call or send the email. It cannot hurt to ask. JMO.

We should probably get back to discussing Jenna now since this UID discussion is somewhat off topic. When was the last time Subie checked in?

That's right Gardener they do not use DNA but skull features to know she was Asian. Yes Shiressleuth there is a resemblance, the weight and height were also on target, However.
i,e, The Natalie Bollinger case: she went missing Dec 28,
December 29 her father Ted Bollinger posted on the fox news channel website: My daughter was murdered I just left the Sheriff's office. "SO the father made it known before LE"
January 2 LE officially confirmed the body found was Natalie Bollinger and it went to the news sources.

My point being is they go to the family first, her handbag could have been there with her name and other identifying things, the father was called in they may have showed him the items he said yes its my daughters items and showed him photos of his daughter. Yes LE can miss things but it would be pretty lame for them to miss a girl Jenna that recently disappeared from 20 miles away. I would bet dollars to donuts they brought a photo of the UID female found at the mall to Jenna's parents (even though she was determined Asian because they could be wrong) and they said "No its not her", and went to other family members of the missing, before they went public with a sketch of an unknown girl.

I hope they have done that with Jenna's parents however, Jenna took nothing with her like a purse or id or anything. And nothing that LE has done has gone right so far in this case-they were originally incorrectly told she was found for example.

That all depends on the amount of resources the county has to chase down leads on an UID case. My observation has been that most of the time it is the reverse situation: when someone is found in a different county/different state from where they went missing-- the family of a missing person often has to contact LE in order to verify it is not their loved one. That is why we have the Unidentified forum. Websleuths members have made many matches over the years that seem like they SHOULD have been easily discovered by LE. I don't think the UID is Jenna (I'm convinced now) but if anyone wants to jump over to the UID thread and discuss further, please go there and see if we can solve it. And if anyone feels strongly that the resemblance is there to submit Jenna to LE, please make the call or send the email. It cannot hurt to ask. JMO.

We should probably get back to discussing Jenna now since this UID discussion is somewhat off topic. When was the last time Subie checked in?
Subie has not posted anything on here for some time. I have sent him a pm about the sketch likeness and height similarity and told him a copy of the sketch is on this thread, in case they haven't seen it.

Subie has not posted anything on here for some time. I have sent him a pm about the sketch likeness and height similarity and told him a copy of the sketch is on this thread, in case they haven't seen it.
Subie just answered me they have seen the sketch and it does not look like it is Jenna, so that is ruled out at least.

Subie just answered me they have seen the sketch and it does not look like it is Jenna, so that is ruled out at least.
I'm glad he responded to your contact. Subie, if you're here & reading, please know that Jenna & your family are in our thoughts.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Totally. I just don't get it.

There's plenty of options for local media if they want to do a follow up. They don't need to wait for the family's permission or for the family to supply them with info. They can ask them to comment and if they don't want to add anything, it's their choice. Like you said, go ask other people involved. Stay on it, do some leg work. That's what reporters are supposed to be doing.

Don't get me wrong, there's a ton of other crimes here so not implying they're sitting around with nothing to do but this story is different. It's the holidays, a local woman is still missing with no trace, rewards are offered. And, if it's really bigger than "just Jenna" then even more reason to inform the public.

We can all think of numerous questions. What are police doing? What have they done? Where was her last known location? Who was the last person she was known to be with? Who was the last person she spoke with? What were her plans that night? How can the community help? What happened with the initial mix up reported by this other jurisdiction and the confusion over mistaken identity? How does that happen? Do police still think she left on her own?

Are we the only people asking these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:bump:

Just bringing forward nellie's post as it is so relevant

Just catching up.

I am having problems with the system at the moment and am unable to clear my inbox at all.

I have just seen on the fb page that someone has asked if LE have contacted the family about the sketch and they have replied no and that it doesnt resemble her.... always worth a check though IMO

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I have just seen on the fb page that someone has asked if LE have contacted the family about the sketch and they have replied no and that it doesnt resemble her.... always worth a check though IMO

I am not surprised LE have not contacted the family based on what Gardener has said but houndpound said LE would show a photo of the actual person to families of local missing. There can't be many young women missing within 20 miles can there? It is concerning - that poor woman is someone's relative. At least it seems that sketch is getting a lot of coverage - even on TV. Let's hope she gets identified via the coverage.

Meanwhile any search news on the Help find jvg Fb site? Are there people volunteering on there?

New post on HelpfindJennavanGelderen Facebook, 5 hours ago. (3:53, 1-5-18)

"New posting from Crime Stoppers, additional billboards will also be going up later this week / early next week" https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/

https://www.facebook.com/CrimeStopp...755605539402/1923394571008821/?type=3&theater

The post also mentions that her car was last seen on camera on the west side of Atlanta. However it does not state when it was last seen. That would be interesting to know since defoor place is on the west side of atlanta so it might give a timeline as to when the car was left there. One also has to wonder if the camera image showed the driver of the car as well at the license plate (i.e. the front and back of the car). For those who do not live in GA, plates are only on the back of the car and one really needs the plate to id the car, so it is unfortunately possible that they only got the back.

The post also mentions that her car was last seen on camera on the west side of Atlanta. However it does not state when it was last seen. That would be interesting to know since defoor place is on the west side of atlanta so it might give a timeline as to when the car was left there. One also has to wonder if the camera image showed the driver of the car as well at the license plate (i.e. the front and back of the car). For those who do not live in GA, plates are only on the back of the car and one really needs the plate to id the car, so it is unfortunately possible that they only got the back.
Let's hope they managed to track the vehicle on other cams to id the driver and any passengers.

One thing I have noticed on the flyer is that it says "went missing on the 19th" . That is the Saturday so there must be a sighting on the Saturday imo.
Was the morningside apartment ever followed up? I am thinking of a Sydney Loofe type scenario where a woman is cat fishing but it is really a couple involved.

One thing I have noticed on the flyer is that it says "went missing on the 19th" . That is the Saturday so there must be a sighting on the Saturday imo.
Was the morningside apartment ever followed up? I am thinking of a Sydney Loofe type scenario where a woman is cat fishing but it is really a couple involved.
Yeah thats a good theory but one of the girls she contacted seemed pretty genuine on fb but its hard to judge isnt it. There could have been others that contacted her that we dont know about, but because her fb account was accessed soon after then im sure they would have been followed up quite quickly. Someone could have contacted her on the phone and not fb.

No problem. As you say extra eyes are good. Presumably still no match for this yet but a lot of suggestions on the UID thread.

Is there any reason why Jenna would not be listed on the Atlanta PD missing persons website?

I think there is a missing piece to this puzzle that we aren't being told. A big piece. I know things are always kept from the public and even the family but this case really isnt adding up.
Jenna is not listed on Atlanta PD as missing and both the FBI and GBI dont seem to be involved. I can see loads and loads of cases online with much less info and leads yet these people are getting good coverage on GBI and Atlabta PD and quite rightly. ALL missing persons are just as important!
What sets Jenna apart from the rest? Something is being witheld IMO. I dont think its solely to do with not jeopardising the case and if its LE not doing much why arent the family pushing for more and shouting up.
There is a significant reward on offer which is the highest i have seen compared to similar scenarios.

Is there any reason why Jenna would not be listed on the Atlanta PD missing persons website?

Is it possible they think she is voluntarily missing?

Also the GBI have their own missing persons list but it won't download for me. It would be interesting to see if she is listed on that.

Is it possible they think she is voluntarily missing?
That could be one of the possibilities. The 'recording' they have might lean towards that. With her being an adult and maybe not enough medical evidence to support her 'disability', plus with her 'double life' maybe thats what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member