GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only public comment from LE was "we never said we found her" IIRC.

It's 6 months since she disappeared. What exactly have LE done in that time?

Of course her parents would be involved in a plot to nail someone that hurt their daughter, it goes on all the time.
Prime example: Laura Wallen's parents did it, publicly and on live television.
In their case a calculated decision was made by LE to do this press conference along with her parents who were in on it. They wanted to see what her boyfriend would say and how he would act. Her parents went above and beyond to get her boyfriend Taylor. The mother even held his hand and her father was patting him. ALL STAGED. Her body was located a short time later and he was arrested.

You can watch it here and listen to the report they will tell you it was staged. Does it matter if you plot against your child's killer, POI, to obtain info?

In these cases the rules are: there are no rules or social graces.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/09/13/police-missing-pregnant-teacher-found-dead/

Of course Jenna's parents are not busy with "pleasing" any websleuths- member....they are busy with recovering Jenna one way or the other or pinpoint her killer. We just have to be patient.

I think most of us can agree that whatever has happened to J, it seems that the family need more to be done by LE, whether that be by giving a statement, bringing in the GBI, or by other means. Perceived lifestyle should not dictate investigation efforts, if that has happened - and I am not saying it has.
:cow:
Hi Shire....jump on over to 5 year old Lucas thread. 10 days in and there are no other leads.... possibly similar to Jenna, LE knows who is responsible but can't make a case. This thread should get back to what Websleuths does best......sleuthing real bad guys, rather than blaming LE.

Police call off searches for missing 5-year-old Wichita boy unless new info comes*in

POSTED 4:26 PM, FEBRUARY 27, 2018, BY*AP

http://fox4kc.com/2018/02/27/police...8910&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

happened to be on Defores Ave yesterday and made a u-turn to see what Defores place (where the car was found) There were a lot of places on that street with large overgrown brush. Has anyone ‘Sleuthed’ the area themselves? I was too chicken to do it myself. Side note, one area of overgrowth went down a hill to csx train tracks. *Hop a train?

It was a scary street in broad daylight I wouldn’t want to be there at night.

Hi Shire....jump on over to 5 year old Lucas thread. 10 days in and there are no other leads.... possibly similar to Jenna, LE knows who is responsible but can't make a case. This thread should get back to what Websleuths does best......sleuthing real bad guys, rather than blaming LE.

Police call off searches for missing 5-year-old Wichita boy unless new info comes*in

POSTED 4:26 PM, FEBRUARY 27, 2018, BY*AP

http://fox4kc.com/2018/02/27/police...8910&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Giving opinions and stating facts is what we do too. I believe what the family is saying about LE efforts. They should know, after all.
And one of them is a verified insider on here and gave us most of the info that is in post 2, 3 and 4, put together by Bit of Hope thankfully. There has been nothing from LE and very little from MSM to go on.

happened to be on Defores Ave yesterday and made a u-turn to see what Defores place (where the car was found) There were a lot of places on that street with large overgrown brush. Has anyone ‘Sleuthed’ the area themselves? I was too chicken to do it myself. Side note, one area of overgrowth went down a hill to csx train tracks. *Hop a train?

That's interesting. LE searched the area I understand. I don't know if the family have also searched as they have been undertaking them based on posts on Help Find Fb page.

Giving opinions and stating facts is what we do too. I believe what the family is saying about LE efforts. They should know, after all.
And one of them is a verified insider on here and gave us most of the info that is in post 2, 3 and 4, put together by Bit of Hope thankfully. There has been nothing from LE and very little from MSM to go on.
Question, you are assuming that LE has given the family all their info? And the VI is Subie or someone different?

Question, you are assuming that LE has given the family all their info? And the VI is Subie or someone different?

No to your first question and to your second, we only have one VI and the Help Find page for our info. I also don't assume the VI or rest of the family have given us all their info either. For example we don't even know if the vet tech was male or female.

No to your first question and to your second, we only have one VI and the Help Find page for our info. I also don't assume the VI or rest of the family have given us all their info either. For example we don't even know if the vet tech was male or female.
Thank you.....we are on the same page.

My opinion only....the search for truth broke down early, Sept 2017. I'm sorry that Jenna has not been found and the chances are reduced day by day.

Thank you.....we are on the same page.

My opinion only....the search for truth broke down early, Sept 2017. I'm sorry that Jenna has not been found and the chances are reduced day by day.

What was that breakdown and what do you think happened early Sept to cause that?

Yes, I'm usually on the west side several times a month and use Defoor Place as a short cut between streets. It seems quiet but fairly isolated during the daytime....with the parking lots being fairly empty, and overgrown shrubs. I'm with you, I wouldn't feel comfortable during the daytime looking around outside of the car, and definitely wouldn't want to be driving through there after dark. Just curious..... have you ever noticed the vacant / abandoned, green, boarded up house with the overgrown yard on Defore Ave, almost directly opposite of the where DeFoor Place intersects DeFoor Ave? It's not far from where Jenna's car was found...... I've often wondered if that house & backyard have been searched. Just a thought.

This what posted on the Help Find Jenna facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/
Update 2/28: Jenna Van Gelderen is still missing. We are now seeking assistance from the public and again any of Jenna's friends. On Saturday 8/19, Jenna's phone was last pinging near the city of Fairburn, GA around 7-8 am. Her car however had been spotted in NW Atlanta / West midtown area at the same time. We believe her phone / car were in separate locations. Local law enforcement needs assistance on this. Additional help from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Fairburn Police Department would be helpful. If you have any relevant information please DM us or contact Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS.
Lastly, Thank you to Clearchannel for running the current billboards for us!

... Additional help from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Fairburn Police Department would be helpful...

Does this mean that the family is asking LE for help on Facebook? Or do you think this is added in there to put pressure on LE to start getting more involved?

Does this mean that the family is asking LE for help on Facebook? Or do you think this is added in there to put pressure on LE to start getting more involved?

I felt like it was a statement they were making to put pressure on LE, but could really be either.

This what posted on the Help Find Jenna facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/
Update 2/28: Jenna Van Gelderen is still missing. We are now seeking assistance from the public and again any of Jenna's friends. On Saturday 8/19, Jenna's phone was last pinging near the city of Fairburn, GA around 7-8 am. Her car however had been spotted in NW Atlanta / West midtown area at the same time. We believe her phone / car were in separate locations. Local law enforcement needs assistance on this. Additional help from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Fairburn Police Department would be helpful. If you have any relevant information please DM us or contact Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS.
Lastly, Thank you to Clearchannel for running the current billboards for us!

It's good to see an update in the investigation, even if posted by a family member. Let's hope this prompts Jenna's friends or someone in the general public who may know something to come forward. JMO, but reaching out to Fairburn Ga LE and GBI on FB shows the family frustration and could also be a way of letting the public know that these agencies aren't already involved. I hope this prompts someone to come forward with some pertinent information AND would be nice if it gives LE a big push.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Atlanta area... Fairburn Ga is about 22 miles south of downtown Atlanta, right off one of the major interstates (I-85) that runs through the city. Fairburn is also about 13 miles south of the Atlanta airport.

For those of you who are not familiar with the Atlanta area... Fairburn Ga is about 22 miles south of downtown Atlanta, right off one of the major interstates (I-85) that runs through the city. Fairburn is also about 13 miles south of the Atlanta airport.
Surely GBI must get involved now with at least 4 jurisdictions being mentioned. I thought the phone pinged in West Atlanta on Saturday a.m. as previously reported? Anyway, the news is very welcome.

@Shiressleuth.... I think it's 3 jurisdictions, Dekalb County, Fulton County, and City of Atlanta. Regardless, if GBI gets involved, hopefully that will push things along. Wondering if any of Jenna's friends have connections to Fairburn..... and if their phone data was checked, if anything helpful showed up. Also, I believe Subie had mentioned that Jenna's car tag was picked up in Atlanta Saturday morning about 7am, but that post was subsequently removed. Now it's official.

Shiressleuth - I think you are correct about 4 jurisdictions being involved. Fairburn (in Fulton County) has a police department with a criminal investigative unit. I totally overlooked that the Fairburn PD was mentioned on the HelpFindJenna FB as one that could provide helpful assistance. My apology!

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...ved=0ahUKEwirv7GuzcrZAhWTesAKHYdDAQEQ9QEIDTAA

Shiressleuth - I think you are correct about 4 jurisdictions being involved. Fairburn (in Fulton County) has a police department with a criminal investigative unit. I totally overlooked that the Fairburn PD was mentioned on the HelpFindJenna FB as one that could provide helpful assistance. My apology!

I just added a link above to the county maps. The county where her apartment was located is also Fulton and the area her car was found could be Cobb. So you're right - 3 counties plus Fairburn PD.

There is a young 19 yo woman of diminished capabilities missing in Fairburn since January, Whitney Jo Guest, I discovered when googling Fairburn. Would be good if both her and Jenna can be found.
(Edit- I see this woman has actually been found)

I agree that we can finally mention the 7 a.m. car sighting. What do posters make of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!