GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiressleuth- Its difficult to tell by looking at the map without street names, but DeFoor Place, where the car was found, is in City of Atlanta, Fulton County (county confirmed by recent real estate sales on D.P.). Also l just checked the FIndJVG FB page, currently 15 comments on the 2/28 post, all showing continued support for the family & reiterating that someone knows something, so please come forward.

@AtlMom if you look at apple's maps on your phone it shows the fairburn neighborhood instead of fairburn ga. which happens to be west of the airport...off campbellton road where the instagram person was located and several other points in the threads point to that area. It's a small distinction but could tie in some other pieces of the threads.

That's good people are following and commenting. More than on here.:smile:

Re the 7/8a.m. car sighting-do we know exactly where that was? Do we think it was Jenna? Subie called her phone around that time so that should have generated a ping and location to try and tie up with the car location.

Can you catch a train or bus from the Defoors location to Fairburn?
How far is Fairburn to College Park?

There are a few landfills and transfer stations in Fairburn, used by Fulton County. It is certainly possible her phone was disposed of there (or brought there by trash collectors).

There are a few landfills and transfer stations in Fairburn, used by Fulton County. It is certainly possible her phone was disposed of there (or brought there by trash collectors).
It's a grim thought, but if her phone was, then she may have been as well.

Shiressleuth - the 2/28 HelpJVG FB message was posted yesterday by LMcAthGa and then by myself - see thE FB post above for car & phone info. You are right, there is a Fairburn Heights neighborhood in SW Atlanta but the FB post specifically states "the city of Fairburn, Ga."

It's a grim thought, but if her phone was, then she may have been as well.

I am super sad to say, this makes more sense than anything so far about Jenna’s disappearance. Thinking of Jenna’s family almost daily.

Shiressleuth - the 2/28 HelpJVG FB message was posted yesterday by LMcAthGa and then by myself - see thE FB post above for car & phone info. You are right, there is a Fairburn Heights neighborhood in SW Atlanta but the FB post specifically states "the city of Fairburn, Ga."
That was codesleuth mentioning a Fairburn neighbourhood near Campbelltown road. I was mentioning College Park, which is on the way to the city of Fairburn. But I'll reread the FB post anyway. :smile:

there was just a recent story where a girl was held captive for over year by this jerk off who met her online and kept her for sex. Crazy people are out there Jenna could still be alive

@Shiressleuth - sorry I got the sleuths mixed up! To answer your questions....Per Google, distance from College Park to city of Fairburn is ~ 12 miles. Also, Atlanta and most suburbs can be navigated by public transportation system, called Marta, by bus & train. It is possible to travel Atlanta from DeFoor Place to Fairburn using Marta. I'm still digesting the phone ping & car tag siting in different places between 7-8 AM on 8/19. Do you have any new thoughts?

@AtlMom if you look at apple's maps on your phone it shows the fairburn neighborhood instead of fairburn ga. which happens to be west of the airport...off campbellton road where the instagram person was located and several other points in the threads point to that area. It's a small distinction but could tie in some other pieces of the threads.

Codesleuth - you've probably already read on HelpFindJVG FB post that the "city of Fairburn, Ga" was specifically mentioned, and not the neighborhood of Fairburn, AKA Fairburn Heights. I've lived in Atlanta for a long time, and never have heard of the Fairburn neighborhood...... so you taught me something new. College Park is not that far from Fairburn (city) though.

I am confused, somebody saw the car at 7 AM?

Good question. The FB post wasn't specific, only said the car was "spotted" in NE Atlanta / west midtown (Atlanta). JMO, but I took that to mean the car license tag was picked up on camera.

@Shiressleuth - sorry I got the sleuths mixed up! To answer your questions....Per Google, distance from College Park to city of Fairburn is ~ 12 miles. Also, Atlanta and most suburbs can be navigated by public transportation system, called Marta, by bus & train. It is possible to travel Atlanta from DeFoor Place to Fairburn using Marta. I'm still digesting the phone ping & car tag siting in different places between 7-8 AM on 8/19. Do you have any new thoughts?

I'm wondering if she went to Defoors to an event in mum's car then to College Park and Fairburn by Marta with friend(s). Returned a.m. to parents and picked up her car to drive back to Defoors to swop cars and bring it back to parents - where something happened. We don't have a time for the phone ping at Fairburn do we? but would LE check cameras on the trains and at the stations around the time of the pings?

If we could work out when her mum's car came back to the house, that could help understand a few things. Her facebook was accessed at the house but we don't know the time of that either. LE should pretty much have her movements matched out with the gas station stops as well, which we don't know those times either. :thinking:

I'm wondering if she went to Defoors to an event in mum's car then to College Park and Fairburn by Marta with friend(s). Returned a.m. to parents and picked up her car to drive back to Defoors to swop cars and bring it back to parents - where something happened. We don't have a time for the phone ping at Fairburn do we? but would LE check cameras on the trains and at the stations around the time of the pings?

If we could work out when her mum's car came back to the house, that could help understand a few things. Her facebook was accessed at the house but we don't know the time of that either. LE should pretty much have her movements matched out with the gas station stops as well, which we don't know those times either. :thinking:
Having traveled Marta and the highways and biways of Atlanta, as well my daughter is a little older than Jenna, no way she is traveling the middle of the night between north Atlanta to College Park....unless she plans to get on a plane. Then she would take Marta directly into the airport. Has anyone checked to see if there were any flights in her name back in August?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Both Marta buses and trains begin operating ~ 5-6am. Marta buses stop running about midnight and trains stop running at 1am. Southbound trains only go as far south as the airport.

A commute from midtown Atlanta to Fairburn could be pieced together by train & bus. But based on Marta operating hours, and times she was noted to be with friends at the Lenox Rd apartment on 8/18pm, IMO it would be unlikely that she took Marta to Fairburn that night (bus + train commute would take too long). But, it would have been possible to take a Marta train from Atlanta to College Park that night and get there by 1am (commute by train from midtown area to CP would take about 20-30 minutes, depending on which train station departure was from).

Also, J's last phone ping was between 7-8am in Fairburn. Yet her car was "spotted" about the same time in NE Atlanta / West midtown.

My gut feeling is still that the car was abandoned by someone over on DeFoor Place after she was reported missing.

https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/.
Update 2/28: "On Saturday 8/19, Jenna's phone was last pinging near the city of Fairburn, GA around 7-8 am. Her car however had been spotted in NW Atlanta / West midtown area at the same time. We believe her phone / car were in separate locations. Local law enforcement needs assistance on this."

I snipped the above quote from the 2/28 HelpFindJenna FB page. IMO, the wording of the car "had been spotted" is nonspecific and could mean a few things: 1) Jenna's car was reported as having been seen in NW Atlanta by someone, either parked or being driven. 2) Car was captured on a business video camera somewhere in NW Atlanta area. 3) License tag was picked up while car was being driven (I don't know the name of the cctv license plate tracking system).

Trying to make sense of it. Remember most of the info in the timeline is coming from the family, some things from LE added
http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2017/12/21/episode-105-jenna-van-gelderen-
http://www.11alive.com/mobile/article/news/local/missing-in-georgia/reward-climbs-to-50k-for-missing-woman/85-505260111) LE statements

Friday 18/8

? a.m. Brother goes to parents’ house. This is the last time he saw her. Jenna’s car is at the house. He doesn’t know about mom’ car, because this car is normally in the garage and not directly visible.

2 p.m. Vet-assistant goes to parent’ house. Doesn’t have a key to the house, so Jenna had to be there to let him in. (not confirmed)

4-5 p.m. Brother talked by phone with Jenna. Her location atthat point is unknown by him.

Around 6 p.m. Person6 (T2 #324) a girlfriend was with Jennathat day and took an Uber taxi home, before Jenna went out again. (T2 #84 VI)

? p.m. Jenna goes from her parent’s house to her apartment on Lenox Rd. with her mums car and meets some friends there. (from podcast)

8-10 p.m. From phone-records/social media? On and off with some guy. Person 3 (T2 # 324 VI) Is another guy friend she was supposed to meet with Friday night in College Park but was told not to come down with my Moms car, would meet her around Lindbergh area, but she never showed. (From interviews with him, according VI) At what time did they supposed to meet up and where, “around Lindbergharea” seem pretty big to find somebody. According the FBI he was cleared.

? Believed to have visited townhome where she frequently went to. Also searched for this address on Google on Wednesday prior. According to brother this townhome is a gated community (townhome) but it is literally behind Jenna’s apartment. Is this the so called townhomeguy/bf where family didn’t know she was romantically involved with?

10:30 p.m. Verified friend has spoken to her that night and he recalls her driving my mom's car. T1 # 612 VI. IMO this must have been while coming to her own apartment that night.

11 p.m. These friends reported that she left her own apartment around 11 pm to go meet with a man that we call her ex-boyfriend. He claims that he broke up with Jenna on the evening of the 18th. (from podcast)

??? p.m. Meeting ex-boyfriend? The last known person to see Jenna is this ex-boyfriend. Jenna&#8217;s family has learned that during that evening the ex-boyfriend was not using his own phone to contact Jenna. Isn&#8217;t this a mysterious saying? (From Podcast) Still totally unclear who is who referring to this(ex)boyfriend. She left around 11 p.m. from her own apartment, according to her friends who were with her. According to him (townhome guy?) she arrived at his apartment around 10 pm (said to family), later 11 pm(said to LE/PI). According to Person 1. T2 # 324 = ex-boyfriend but which one? Jenna came to his apartment and talked to him briefly before she left. Per Subie; She would never tell us <if she was romantically involved with him>. All we really know is that she had a friend that she saw last Friday the one she left at 11 pm to go home. He claims she wanted a relationship but he did not knowing the theft issue. How can he break up with her on the 18[SUP]th[/SUP] if they are not in a relationship? While in Canada parents called the ex-boyfriend who informed them that he was home alone on the evening of the 18[SUP]th[/SUP]. Was this the ex boyfriend, she broke up with already in February, the security guy from the pet-shop, is he also the one who called her a prostitute and used her car in the past? All this different guys.. who is the ex-boyfriend we are talking about?

11 p.m. Pocket Dial from Person 3, T2 # 324 VI (College Park guy) By voicemail on Metro pcs Jenna. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to an Instagram account with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd . T1 #135 VI.

11 p.m. According to brother the google maps timeline shows she drove to Wendy&#8217;s. T1 # 966 VI Debet card used at LaVista Wendy's at 1940 Piedmont Road. Really confirmed is that Wendy's based on the straw wrapper in my mom's car / passenger seat pushedback. T1 #833 VI

? Seen with an unidentified male passenger in her mother&#8217;s car. Per FB Help find Jenna van Gelderen. By whom, where and what time? LE statement last seen on Friday, Aug. 18.

11:30 p.m. Timeline activity off after going down to midtown. Post T2 #53 VI I suspect right now that bothher phones went on power saving mode (meaning all syncing and tracking stops toconserve battery but can still text / call). Her Android on metro line appears to go into power saving mode around 11:30 pm. This could be why her GoogleTimeline stops tracking at 11:30 pm on her Metro PCs phone. Post T2 #53 VI.

11.50 p.m. By voicemail on Metro pcs Jenna: pocket call from somebody. Number (also a metro pcs number) is tied to an Instagram account with references to pimping and clubs on Cambelton Rd = Person3 T1 # 135 VI = College Park guy

And what to think of the various using of the debit card all over town?

Saturday 8/19 after midnight

1.30 a.m. In contact on the phone with her S.C. friend, who was the last person to talk to her. She&#8217;s been helpful, reconstructing things.(from Podcast) Family believes Jenna was at that time back at her parent&#8217;s house because of this contact and because her Facebook account was accessed from the parents home IP-address. (from Podcast)

1.30 a.m. IPhone on T-mobile going into power saving mode around 1:30 am as all tracking info seems to stop then. On her iPhone, it appears she had iCloud tracking off as well as Google Time Line not enabled from the getgo. Post T2 #53 VI

Ca 2 a.m. She texted the same friend that she had spoken to on the phone, and said that she was &#8220;lying down&#8221;. The wording of this text messageseemed strange to her friend. It wasn&#8217;t something that Jenna would typically wright (from Podcast)

7-8 a.m. Jenna's phone was last pinging near the city of Fairburn, GA (postedon the Help Find Jenna Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpFindJennaVG/) Would be good to know whichphone and if it was the same phone that was used the send the message to herfriend at 2 a.m.

All activity on her phone, social media and bank accounts halted on Aug. 18, Sgt.Kennedy said &#8220;That's the difficult part of it. Pretty much everything cut off at that time frame," Kennedy said. "We're not sure if she had additional devices, or bank transactions or things of that nature that we don't know about. (LE statement)

9:30 a.m. Brother calls Jenna, phone goes to voicemail
10:30 a.m. Brother is at the parents&#8217; house, Jenna is not there. Jenna&#8217;s car is not at the house, her mom&#8217;s car is.
? p.m. Vet came to the house in theafternoon, can&#8217;t get in, no key, Jenna not there. Attempted to phone Jenna but got no answer.
11.30 p.m. Brother goes again to parent&#8217;s house to check. Jenna still hasn&#8217;t returned

Somehow it looks like Jenna, her phone(s), her car and debet card were not in the same place during that night.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Atlanta-18-Aug-2017-2&p=13630085#post13630085

TY BoH. The comment by LE that they were unsure about other devices or bank transactions struck me as strange because I thought Subie had said credit reports showed no other accounts or cards. I'll have to check.

Eta I have added a link to Subie's post #110 on thread 2 that a credit report was done which showed no additional bank acccounts or cards in Jenna's name at that time. I wonder if they looked under an alias of Ruth Jenna like her Metro phone.

@Henry- that is a good idea about a flight. How can that be checked?

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Atlanta-18-Aug-2017-2&p=13630085#post13630085

TY BoH. The comment by LE that they were unsure about other devices or bank transactions struck me as strange because I thought Subie had said credit reports showed no other accounts or cards. I'll have to check.

Eta I have added a link to Subie's post #110 on thread 2 that a credit report was done which showed no additional bank acccounts or cards in Jenna's name at that time. I wonder if they looked under an alias of Ruth Jenna like her Metro phone.

@Henry- that is a good idea about a flight. How can that be checked?
Hi Shire- names on flights areyou not readily available to the public...but LE can go for it. Real IDs are required in GA to fly so she would need a real ID driver license. I read that her parents have her passport.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member