GA - Jonah, 3, & Nicole Payne, 2, Warrenton, 23 April 2005

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lauriej said:
i find it absolutely insane for a 2yr. old and a 3 yr. old to be playing outside at any time of day ALONE, especially with that huge 'pond' right there!
thank you, I was starting to think I was an anomaly!
It just seems too young for kids to be outside alone no matter if it's down on the farm or up in Beverly hills!

Timex said:
I cant see them as having wandered off, simply because how far could they get in such a short time? The only way I could see this scenario is if, sadly, they were to be found in the lake/pond..
Here's a possibility. They were outside earlier in the day. Maybe they asked their mom if they could go over to the lake,( or into the woods or to the corner store or whatever might be around), and Mom said no. Then when Mom goes into the other room, after a minute or so, the 3 year-old thinks, "Hey, let's go to the lake now while Mommy's not here", and off they go. I don't know if it's probable but it seems possible.

JerseyGirl said:
A lot of people would think that I'm crazy by the way I raise my children; I'm well aware of that. For instance, my two year-old does not have a bed time. If she falls asleep at 7:00, that's fine. If she can't seem to fall asleep until 2:00 A.M., I just make myself a lot of tea, and hang out with her until she's sleepy. I figure that she's only going to be a baby once. Someday she'll have to get up for school and then work and then her own babies will wake her. So for now, it's up to her when she wants to go to bed. At the same time, I have friends whose 12 year-old goes to bed by 8:00 P.M. every night, including weekends and summer nights, (except for the infrequent special occassion). And that's odd to me. So I think that we all do things differently regarding household rules.

Oh no JerseyGirl how in the world do you have time For Just you? My 2 year old goes to bed every night at 9pm or I would never have time for myself. Bless you.. Because mine son requires my time between 9am -9pm

PrayersForMaura said:
If one kid fell in the pond/lake, would the other jump in to save him or her? I don't think so, because I think the kid would freak out and run back into the house to tell mommy.
Maybe they were holding hands; big brother walking his little sister around the pond/lake? If one fell, they'd both fall.

Could it be a babysitter?

You know how sometimes babysitters get really attached, or decide the kids aren't being raised right, and snatch the kids?

It seems very rare for a predator to snatch TWO children, a boy and a girl, that just doesn't make a bit of sense to me, to take two.

It's like, the kind of thing a parent who's lost rights does. Because they want those kids.

JerseyGirl said:
A lot of people would think that I'm crazy by the way I raise my children; I'm well aware of that. For instance, my two year-old does not have a bed time. If she falls asleep at 7:00, that's fine. If she can't seem to fall asleep until 2:00 A.M., I just make myself a lot of tea, and hang out with her until she's sleepy. I figure that she's only going to be a baby once. Someday she'll have to get up for school and then work and then her own babies will wake her. So for now, it's up to her when she wants to go to bed. At the same time, I have friends whose 12 year-old goes to bed by 8:00 P.M. every night, including weekends and summer nights, (except for the infrequent special occassion). And that's odd to me. So I think that we all do things differently regarding household rules.

My kids have strict bedtimes during the school year. My 10 year old daughter at 8:00 and she'll be allowed to read in bed for 30 minutes. My 11 year old son gets to stay up until 8:30 and then read until 9:00 and then he usually falls asleep with his radio on. During the school year, I find that they get up easily in the morning, in a good mood and do well at school. Every once in a while, my daughter will beg me to allow her to stay up later so she can catch a special on television and I usually allow her to do so. However, I warn her, that if she has a problem waking up the next morning, I won't be a happy camper! LOL Since my husband usually doesn't set hours, he let's them stay up a bit later in the summer and sleep in a bit. Personally, I think its because he likes sleeping in a bit in the summer!!! LOL

KatherineQ said:
Could it be a babysitter?

You know how sometimes babysitters get really attached, or decide the kids aren't being raised right, and snatch the kids?

It seems very rare for a predator to snatch TWO children, a boy and a girl, that just doesn't make a bit of sense to me, to take two.

It's like, the kind of thing a parent who's lost rights does. Because they want those kids.
I totally agree... usually, wouldn't a pedophile take same sex kids not one of each??
If someone took BOTH kids, then I think it's someone who know the children.

If a babysitter or family member did this, then I would think the mother and father told authorities about any concerns they had or anyone else who might be suspect. And wouldn't these people who are suspects be mentioned by LE as "people we are seeking" as "peple of interest"?

Could this have anything to do with their previous home of Arizona? Maybe a stalker type?? i don't know... just trying to hope for the best and not the worst.

JerseyGirl said:
Here's a possibility. They were outside earlier in the day. Maybe they asked their mom if they could go over to the lake,( or into the woods or to the corner store or whatever might be around), and Mom said no. Then when Mom goes into the other room, after a minute or so, the 3 year-old thinks, "Hey, let's go to the lake now while Mommy's not here", and off they go. I don't know if it's probable but it seems possible.
i'd say it's very possible, the very reason why i still maintain that a THREE yr. old can't be considered 'old enough' to be in charge of himself and his little sister outside...

PrayersForMaura said:
I totally agree... usually, wouldn't a pedophile take same sex kids not one of each??

If a babysitter or family member did this, then I would think the mother and father told authorities about any concerns they had or anyone else who might be suspect. And wouldn't these people who are suspects be mentioned by LE as "people we are seeking" as "peple of interest"?

Could this have anything to do with their previous home of Arizona? Maybe a stalker type?? i don't know... just trying to hope for the best and not the worst.

I did read that more than one polygraph test was given, so there has got to be some other people of interest.

kgeaux said:
People are wondering over there, just like we are here, about extended family....a grandparent, aunt or uncle who just didn't like the way the parents were raising them....
Or family from Arizona that wanted the kids back in their lives? How I hope that that's the case ... an estranged set of grandparents that just wants to see the kids again.

PrayersForMaura said:

per cnn.com:
Bankhead said that while authorities "are trying to concentrate our efforts on finding the kids, there are other aspects of the investigation that we're pursuing that I can't get into at this point."

The GBI man said that authorities had interviewed several people and administered more than one polygraph examination.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/25/missing.toddlers/index.html

PrayersForMaura said:
thank you, I was starting to think I was an anomaly!
It just seems too young for kids to be outside alone no matter if it's down on the farm or up in Beverly hills!
Maybe we were all arguing two different topics without knowing it. I was only saying that I don't find it odd that children would still have their shoes on at 6 P.M., or that they would go back outside to play after dinner. I personally would NEVER let children that young out to play alone regardless of where I live.

OMG!!!!!
I just heard that too, and they match the descriptions as well as clothing.
Ugh!

JerseyGirl said:
Maybe we were all arguing two different topics without knowing it. I was only saying that I don't find it odd that children would still have their shoes on at 6 P.M., or that they would go back outside to play after dinner. I personally would NEVER let children that young out to play alone regardless of where I live.
I think you are right Jersey...while my kids would play out in the evening at 2 or 3 I was there with them or close by...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lisa0457
Back