GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katydid23, I am soooo sorry. I now realize I should have used the term birth mother. Please forgive me. I have dear friends with adopted children and you are so correct, you are their "real" mothers.

As an adoptive mom, I kind of wince at the term 'REAL mother.' In many ways I feel that I am the 'real' mother, but I do get what you mean.

Sadly, in this case,the adoptive mother might not have been doing such a stellar job. imoo

Thank you. I'm an adoptive mother also. :seeya:

Actually, I'm the "mother"; and there is a "birth mother". ;)

Also, I have seen many people who are bigoted against latinos learn spanish..OT but especially some caucasian men who seek out latina women to marry with the fantasy of having a submissive partner. Usually doesn't work out so well for them, but they do try.

BEM: I find that line racist, but I am not offended.

I don't think this was a matter of racism...I think it was 5:00 on Friday, she was there, as always, he'd have all weekend to dispose of her, and he's not that bright.

So, was that his apartment? Did he just move into it or claim it as his? Was it the apartment Jorelys was murdered in? So many questions and will have to wait for document dumps it appears or loose lips.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said.

Karla Reister, whose boyfriend, James McCollum lives upstairs from the vacant apartment where police believe Jorelys was killed, said she encountered Brunn on Saturday afternoon.

“I told him it’s sad this little girl is missing,” she said. “He said, ‘this neighborhood is bad and it’s getting worse.'"

http://www.ajc.com/news/20-year-old-...d-1253966.html

Highlighted, I think that was the name of the guy on tv who said he was visiting his girlfriend, he wore a red shirt in the video some said he was hinky. But then again, it's going to take a while for me to catch up as I see there's articles being posted that I hadn't read, and some old ones & now the statements hold more importance than when read previously.

So the oddly suspicious guy that was interviewed on HLN actually lives right upstairs, above the crime scene? Hmmm...strange. Because I remember him saying he was home during the time she went missing. I wonder if he heard any noise?

I just want to say in reading the complaints against the dilegence and lack of speed by the Canton police, I think this is terrible. Because nothing could have changed her dying except for better supervision. And the outcome will be same whether they had found her 1 day or 5 days later. Im confident they will convict the guilty party based on the massive amounts of evidence left over by this unexperienced criminal.

Many children are never found which is very frustrating and in some cases when they are found, the guilty party is not convicted. In this case we have both the body and the conviction (to come).

To fault the police at this stage is just nuts.

That may be true but in the future the Canton PD needs to act differently because next time it could save a life.

I haven't been following this whole homeschool/foster/adoption issue, but my brother and his wife homeschool five kids in Georgia. My brother is an attorney so I e-mailed him, and he told me he thought that foster children in Georgia could be homeschooled but wasn't sure, so I googled it. This is what I've found:

Was he fostered? I thought adopted.

Call in the experts sooner than they did.

I think the experts found the crime scene in 4 hours and the body a few hours after that.

What I mean is if a kidnapper does not kill quickly, keeps his/her victim for a few days then LE may find the victim ALIVE.:innocent:

Comments swirling on FB that the family was asked not to come to the court appearance for their safety.

Comments swirling on FB that the family was asked not to come to the court appearance for their safety.

I can't help but think of the video on the RB arrest. RB was getting presidential protection when he came down the stairs and hit the sidewalk.

Edited - sorry my son grabbed my phone & started pushing buttons. I apologize!

Call in the experts sooner than they did.

I think the experts found the crime scene in 4 hours and the body a few hours after that.

What I mean is if a kidnapper does not kill quickly, keeps his/her victim for a few days then LE may find the victim ALIVE.:innocent:

I know I read LE couldn't access the contents of the dumpster until Monday - I suppose they are no better to the trash company than anyone else and can wait until business hours :waitasec:

The experts didn't have to do the preliminary leg work, it had been done for them. If the manager did not reveal that apartment to be a vacant, she could be charged with obstructing justice, could she not? To some extent?

Anyway, there are 358 units in that community. In my experience, a group of 4 teams, 2 people each team, can do a due diligence on a 300 unit community in about 5 hours, so add one hour for the extra 58. I'm sure LE runs into the problem of no one answering the door and they can't just search any home they want to without permission or a warrant. There were probably many who did not answer, so they would have to go back. Maybe that was the case with the vacant - they thought someone lived there, so they didn't use their keys to go in.

If they walked the vacants the first night, and I believe there were 35 or so, it would have taken them no time at all. I think the bad vacant was not searched because someone didn't pull the key and said it was occupied. Who then?

I believe they only said he had a 10th grade education - not what age he was when he quit school. I bet he had to repeat some grades and he quit school at 17 or 18. JMOO

I'm only half being a smart **s here, (and not directed towards you!:seeya:) but I've read he and his siblings were homeschooled. How exactly does one 'quit school' when you're homeschooled? "Hey, Ma. How about you quit giving me reading assignments and papers to do. I'm gonna go smoke weed on the front porch and punch a dog in the nose now." :waitasec:

Was he fostered? I thought adopted.

Some articles have said they were adopted and others have said they were foster children. There was a recent article which discussed the foster /adoptive mother receiving 40 grand a year in state adoption or foster stipends. None of us are sure exactly what the situation is.

I'm only half being a smart **s here, (and not directed towards you!:seeya:) but I've read he and his siblings were homeschooled. How exactly does one 'quit school' when you're homeschooled? "Hey, Ma. How about you quit giving me reading assignments and papers to do. I'm gonna go smoke weed on the front porch and punch a dog in the nose now." :waitasec:

Here is my theory. First of all, a past teacher at the school where he played football said that the parents did not attend the kids school games or functions. So that makes me doubt that she was that enthusiastic a homeschool teacher.

In my experience, parents who homeschool are one of two types.
A] Incredibly motivated and connected and focused on their kids educations OR B] using homeschooling as an excuse to stay away from prying eyes, and very lax to say the least.

I think that he probably was in school at one point, and something disrupted that situation, so they just went with the homeschooling excuse. imoo

Why would the groundskeeper need keys to the apartments? I can see him needing keys to the trash compactor, but the apartment? RB was the groundskeeper, not the complex manager, but he lived with the complex manager's son, or so I understand. Why was RB showing the vacant apartments to police instead of the apartment complex manager doing it? And yes, why would he leave that door unlocked? Makes me wonder if he knew what apartments were vacant or if he was just given a list of them by the apartment complex manager and they happened to leave the murder scene apartment off the list.

Thank you. I'm an adoptive mother also. :seeya:

Actually, I'm the "mother"; and there is a "birth mother". ;)

Thanks for clarifying "real" mother :woohoo:
I am also an adoptive Mom & bio Mom :great:
I just looked up GA. homeschool compulsory attendance and it is "between 6th and 16th " birthday.
So, legally they could have told Mom to shove it once they turned 16:anguish:

http://www.cncpunishment.com/forums...f-Jorelys-Rivera-Potential-Death-Penalty-Case

Quotes Lindsey Hale, who lives in the apartment next door to the Rivera family, said that after Jorelys' body was found, she called the police tip line twice with information about Brunn.

She said that in recent weeks she had noticed him driving slowly around the playground, looking at the children. "I just got creeped out by him," Hale said.

I am sorry BUT If she was that 'creeped out' by him, then why didn't she call and report his 'odd' behavior BEFORE the fact....

:banghead:
that is why we have police- to serve and protect...not JUST for catching criminals AFTER they commit crimes

So, was that his apartment? Did he just move into it or claim it as his? Was it the apartment Jorelys was murdered in? So many questions and will have to wait for document dumps it appears or loose lips.

“He told me ‘I’m kind of scared for them to go into my apartment because I have a lot of alcohol bottles lying around, and my girlfriend is asleep,” she said.

Karla Reister, whose boyfriend, James McCollum lives upstairs from the vacant apartment where police believe Jorelys was killed, said she encountered Brunn on Saturday afternoon.

“I told him it’s sad this little girl is missing,” she said. “He said, ‘this neighborhood is bad and it’s getting worse.'"

Highlighted, I think that was the name of the guy on tv who said he was visiting his girlfriend, he wore a red shirt in the video some said he was hinky. But then again, it's going to take a while for me to catch up as I see there's articles being posted that I hadn't read, and some old ones & now the statements hold more importance than when read previously.

James McCollum was the witness who was interviewed on camera stating he believes he saw RB at night on Sunday near the dumpster with a flashlight as the witness walked home from work.

Well I'll be da*#ed!
What a huge coincidence!

In all honesty I was more creeped out by him that RB, but I haven't heard RB speak except to say "Yes" in court.

Didn't I read the walls were paper thin?
ehh poor baby couldn't scream anyway :(
Oh well, I'm glad he got on television to say he had no
knowledge of anything.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads