GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks abagal, I think you or WOO may be right. The only explanation that makes sense to me is that for whatever reason, LE was unaware that specific apartment was vacant. I just want to figure out why they may have been unaware.

I agree Bravo, I am not one to bash LE without loads of reason first, that is why I am trying so hard to figure out how this happened. I am looking for anything that would make this make sense.

That's why I'm thinking they only searched apts with lock boxes on them. Perhaps management said, "Here's the key to the lock boxes". So they assumed those were the only vacant apartments??

Or maybe the blood spattered mess was in a bedroom or something? Perhaps it was shoddy searching? Opened the door, looked around, and thought nothing here??

We haven't had any official confirmation that the door was unlocked - have we and maybe I missed it? IIRC all that was said was that it was a vacant apt.

IF it was a newly vacated apt and the tenants skipped on the lease - then maybe the door was locked but you could get in through the back (patio or glass sliding door)?

IF the tenants had skipped - it being only the 2nd of the month - mgmt would not have that apt listed as a vacancy and would have had a tenant name.

IF the door was locked and it wasn't known at the time that the tenants had vacated - then when LE knocked and no one answered - then they would have had to move on and wait for the tenants to return (thinking they were out, working, shopping, whatever). As the numbers of apts checked dwindled - then they would have gone back to check it - then possibly going around back to find it open that way?

Again, I have no idea - just thinking out loud about how this apt stayed under the radar.

JMHO

BBM. Yes, we have. It was in one of the early videos from one of the news stations saying the apt didn't have a lock box like the rest of them and the door was unlocked.

I originally thought perhaps Jorelys was targeted as the victim because she was convenient and perhaps because she was Latino. But I do not feel that way right now. Since learning that RB speaks both English and Spanish, my thoughts on that have changed. Most folks who themselves or whose family are particularly bigotted against a group do not learn their language.

Also, without being too graphic, carrying a live person that far may be awkward. Carrying the body of a child you have just murdered and treated in such an inhuman matter is probably a lot easier as you don't care if you are dragging it along, knocking into things, etc. I will not elaborate further because it upsets me to ponder just how easy it may have been.

I don't know what LE has or why they are so sure this is the perp, but maybe someone saw him with one of the big trash bins on wheels. We use them to trash out apartments and consolidate trash on the weekends when the dumpsters overflow. Throwing it over that back patio fence into one would be easy - taking it to the dumpster, even easier. Don't forget, the golf carts can go places a car can't - he could have driven it back there and used it to transport the baby.

As he said in court, he left school at 15.

I believe they only said he had a 10th grade education - not what age he was when he quit school. I bet he had to repeat some grades and he quit school at 17 or 18. JMOO

I believe they only said he had a 10th grade education - not what age he was when he quit school. I bet he had to repeat some grades and he quit school at 17 or 18. JMOO

RB was home schooled. It is unclear how far his education went. We have seen reports that say he achieved his GED only recently and others which seem to indicate he has not achieved it yet at all.

I originally thought perhaps Jorelys was targeted as the victim because she was convenient and perhaps because she was Latino. But I do not feel that way right now. Since learning that RB speaks both English and Spanish, my thoughts on that have changed. Most folks who themselves or whose family are particularly bigotted against a group do not learn their language.

The only place I believe it has been stated that RB speaks Spanish was on his own personal FB page, and I have seen the language entries on FB greatly exaggerated by several people (my own former coworkers, for example.) Unless his birth family was a native spanish speaking family, I somehow doubt he spoke fluent spanish. I think that bilingual claim is made by many people with at best 8th grade uno-dos-tres, si-no spanish. A GED or 10th grade education usually doesn't reflect someone who has mastered a foreign language. I wouldn't be surprised if he could say "hello, my name is...I am the maintenance man, nice to meet you", but I would be FLOORED if he could hold an intelligent conversation in Spanish.

Also, I have seen many people who are bigoted against latinos learn spanish..OT but especially some caucasian men who seek out latina women to marry with the fantasy of having a submissive partner. Usually doesn't work out so well for them, but they do try.

I think she was targeted because she was outside quite a bit, and relatively unsupervised at some times. I think the family babysitter had her hands full with the one and four yr old little sisters. So I think JR had some freedom to walk around and play with friends in their apartments, and come and go as she pleased. I think it would have been possible for RB to befriend her by giving her sodas and candy and talking to her, basically just by paying attention to her. :mad:
eta: I don't think her race was that much of a factor, more of the opportunity that he had, imo

The only place I believe it has been stated that RB speaks Spanish was on his own personal FB page, and I have seen the language entries on FB greatly exaggerated by several people (my own former coworkers, for example.) Unless his birth family was a native spanish speaking family, I somehow doubt he spoke fluent spanish. I think that bilingual claim is made by many people with at best 8th grade uno-dos-tres, si-no spanish. A GED or 10th grade education usually doesn't reflect someone who has mastered a foreign language. I wouldn't be surprised if he could say "hello, my name is...I am the maintenance man, nice to meet you", but I would be FLOORED if he could hold an intelligent conversation in Spanish.

Also, I have seen many people who are bigoted against latinos learn spanish..OT but especially some caucasian men who seek out latina women to marry with the fantasy of having a submissive partner. Usually doesn't work out so well for them, but they do try.

I see your point. I have seen it in MSM but if they in turn took it at face value from his FB profile.

and you are right, speaking enough to get by and being fluent are two different things entirely. I appreciate your insights and your adding your own experiences and local flavor to your posts for those of us following the case from a distance.

He is a foster kid and I think he is of mixed race heritage himself. I think he looks like he is half African American or perhaps is Latino.

I think she was targeted because she was outside quite a bit, and relatively unsupervised at some times. I think the family babysitter had her hands full with the one and four yr old little sisters. So I think JR had some freedom to walk around and play with friends in their apartments, and come and go as she pleased. I think it would have been possible for RB to befriend her by giving her sodas and candy and talking to her, basically just by paying attention to her. :mad:

I agree. In addition she is described as a very friendly, outgoing sort by her playmates, etc. Some kids are more naturally shy and cautious, others are social buterflies. I think Jorelys was of the butterfly persuasion :(

Such a waste. I really hope they nail this guy with some serious hard evidence.

I just read on one of the FB pages that RB was of black and spanish ethninticity (sp). Don't know how reliable that is, but she seemed to be a friend of his. fwiw

He is a foster kid and I think he is of mixed race heritage himself. I think he looks like he is half African American or perhaps is Latino.

I swear you are in my head. Everytime I post something and go back to reading posts, you have posted the same thing. Lol I am just going to have to type faster. :)

I agree that she most likely wasn't targeted because of her race, however it is possible IMO that RB saw her as an "easier" victim because he might wrongly assume that the family's language barrier would delay police contact, also possibly because she was frequently outside and not closely supervised, therefore it might take longer for her to be considered "missing". I do not know her play schedule, but if he saw her outside daily from, say, 3-6pm, he could think that grabbing her during that window would delay a call to LE. I guess it is even possible that he could have overheard other complex residents mentioning her freedom outside (playground moms tend to get gossipy, I know this because I am one.)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel that I have heard a statistic that most sexual assault/murders are interracial? Somehow the interracial part makes the perp dissociate?

I am still confused. Did all 5 Brunn boys live with a foster mother? Where is there "real" mother? There "real" father is in Virginia. Was the foster mother married? How long have the boys been with the foster mother? Why didn't they live with their dad?

Sorry if this has been discussed, my computer had a virus for 3 days.

I swear you are in my head. Everytime I post something and go back to reading posts, you have posted the same thing. Lol I am just going to have to type faster. :)
I agree with both of you, that is why I said that I doubt he speaks spanish unless his birth family is native spanish speaking.
Now, because we don't know his relationship with his birth family, it is possible that he has certain feelings towards the spanish speaking community that stem from his feelings towards his birth family. Could be postive OR negative, but just a thought.

I agree that she most likely wasn't targeted because of her race, however it is possible IMO that RB saw her as an "easier" victim because he might wrongly assume that the family's language barrier would delay police contact, also possibly because she was frequently outside and not closely supervised, therefore it might take longer for her to be considered "missing". I do not know her play schedule, but if he saw her outside daily from, say, 3-6pm, he could think that grabbing her during that window would delay a call to LE. I guess it is even possible that he could have overheard other complex residents mentioning her freedom outside (playground moms tend to get gossipy, I know this because I am one.)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I feel that I have heard a statistic that most sexual assault/murders are interracial? Somehow the interracial part makes the perp dissociate?

Does anyone know the demigraphics of the complex. What is the percentage of white, hispanic, black if anyone knows. Just curious. I have seen multiple on t.v.

I agree with both of you, that is why I said that I doubt he speaks spanish unless his birth family is native spanish speaking.
Now, because we don't know his relationship with his birth family, it is possible that he has certain feelings towards the spanish speaking community that stem from his feelings towards his birth family. Could be postive OR negative, but just a thought.

It's funny to me that we have heard nothing from his mother or his father. His brother's have spoken out but no one else.

RB was home schooled. It is unclear how far his education went. We have seen reports that say he achieved his GED only recently and others which seem to indicate he has not achieved it yet at all.
Many home schooled kids spent some time in regular school. Also, a homeschool child can be slow learning material and fall behind his grade level.

http://www.ajc.com/news/ryan-brunns-trail-contains-1255081.html
At one point, he hung his head. When asked about his education level, Brunn told Judge Frank Mills that he had completed the 10th grade.

I am still confused. Did all 5 Brunn boys live with a foster mother? Where is there "real" mother? There "real" father is in Virginia. Was the foster mother married? How long have the boys been with the foster mother? Why didn't they live with their dad?

Sorry if this has been discussed, my computer had a virus for 3 days.

What I have read is that the boys were adopted as infants. 3 of them have the last name of Brunn. The sister's name is different, but I am thinking she is married. I am not aware of 5 only 3. I think for a short time RB did live with his dad in VA. That is all I have read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper