GUILTY GA - Jorelys Rivera, 7, Canton, 2 Dec 2011 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought RB said something on his facebook page about getting the job from a friend. But he also said he was getting his "own" apt. I would think with 35 vacant apts. he would not have had to wait for one to become available. Maybe his fb page was a little bs bragging.

I am going to bring up a subject that is touchy. Mods, please delete if necessary. RB uses the N word on his fb page. I also saw it on one of his other brother's fb page. Another brother has post on his fb page the confederate flag. I am beginning to question if this was a hate crime?

I don't think so because he spoke spanish himself. And they used the N word in the same manner lots of young people do, and not in a derogatory way. Just like some do, to be shocking and cool, but not to be racist. My 19 yr daughter is half black, and she and her friends use it sometimes, and as a greeting to 'homies.'

(HUGS)
At least she was found and is not lost out in the cold somewhere like Aliayah and Sky, the skelton boys and Lisa

I am glad you said that. It was a thought that I had. She was brought home and had a proper burial. Her momma though sad at least knows where she is and knows she is with the angels. jmo

I don't think so because he spoke spanish himself. And they used the N word in the same manner lots of young people do, and not in a derogatory way. Just like some do, to be shocking and cool, but not to be racist. My 19 yr daughter is half black, and she and her friends use it sometimes, and as a greeting to 'homies.'

And the Confederate flag is a Southern thing. I am not sure young people today even know what it stands for. And by that I am talking about the Civil War and the Rebs and the Confederates. Not sure they even teach it anymore in much detail. jmo

I am glad you said that. It was a thought that I had. She was brought home and had a proper burial. Her momma though sad at least knows where she is and knows she is with the angels. jmo

I would rather know, even if it was a horrible death, then not know what happened, and always be searching and wondering and hoping. I know it is not closure in the full sense, but it is better than never ever finding out what happened. I would think we would be speculating about child trafficking if she had been hidden better. She was so sweet and beautiful and friendly that it would be a possible scenario. So I am glad that this family was able to bring her home and give her a proper burial, which too many families never have the chance to do. :rose:

I would rather know, even if it was a horrible death, then not know what happened, and always be searching and wondering and hoping. I know it is not closure in the full sense, but it is better than never ever finding out what happened. I would think we would be speculating about child trafficking if she had been hidden better. She was so sweet and beautiful and friendly that it would be a possible scenario. So I am glad that this family was able to bring her home and give her a proper burial, which too many families never have the chance to do. :rose:

Since they are taking her back to PR for burial I think the Mom may go back too. I think at this time she would want to be with all her family. jmo

I thought RB said something on his facebook page about getting the job from a friend. But he also said he was getting his "own" apt. I would think with 35 vacant apts. he would not have had to wait for one to become available. Maybe his fb page was a little bs bragging.

I am going to bring up a subject that is touchy. Mods, please delete if necessary. RB uses the N word on his fb page. I also saw it on one of his other brother's fb page. Another brother has post on his fb page the confederate flag. I am beginning to question if this was a hate crime?

IDK, that doesn't feel right to me. I saw it reported that RB is fluent in english and spanish. I had the impression from looking at his photo that he may be of mixed heritage. As to the FB posting, I noted he and his "friends" using that N word back and forth referring to one and another and themselves so I don't think it was racially or ethnically motivated.

I also saw it on one of his other brother's fb page. Another brother has post on his fb page the confederate flag. I am beginning to question if this was a hate crime?

Its slang, and while it's not accepted as common place between ethnicities , it is seen in some places.

Also, I can't quote cause I'm on a device that's haphazard, but I've seen this talk about the lock box.
These lock boxes are usually used for past due rent, and or evictions. I didn't make the connection to that a few days ago, but RB being an employee there would have access to these lock boxes. Might of even put that on on the door prior or after.

550d70c08989bde7bc4ba060693d.jpg

The ones I used to work with.

dang it, every time I learn how to get around in google maps they go and change things around on me :) I think I did this right.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=212568466443618080967.0004b3c61f630b7c38138&msa=0

Good job. I was trying to calculate how far from the bad apt. to the dumpster. I came up with about 800 ft. Doesn't seem far, but he looks like a very small person and I don't know how big JR was. Course when you are in those circumstances you could probably carry a car if you needed to hide it.

Good job. I was trying to calculate how far from the bad apt. to the dumpster. I came up with about 800 ft. Doesn't seem far, but he looks like a very small person and I don't know how big JR was. Course when you are in those circumstances you could probably carry a car if you needed to hide it.

Also, without being too graphic, carrying a live person that far may be awkward. Carrying the body of a child you have just murdered and treated in such an inhuman matter is probably a lot easier as you don't care if you are dragging it along, knocking into things, etc. I will not elaborate further because it upsets me to ponder just how easy it may have been.

Also, I can't quote cause I'm on a device that's haphazard, but I've seen this talk about the lock box.
These lock boxes are usually used for past due rent, and or evictions. I didn't make the connection to that a few days ago, but RB being an employee there would have access to these lock boxes. Might of even put that on on the door prior or after.

550d70c08989bde7bc4ba060693d.jpg

The ones I used to work with.

Yep, these are the ones I was talking about too. Thing is, you wouldn't allow the porter to put this on by himself - a notice has to be posted inside the door before this is put on - that would give him access to the inside of an occupied apartment. Him having access to the key to this lock wouldn't be a big deal though - it only covers the door knob and does not alter the lock in any way. Haven't seen one of these in ages - we just file an eviction, people know when they're late and all this does is cause more work for everyone since you have to take it off the moment they want back in lol

Also, I think "own apartment" can mean not living with his mommy any more, rather than living alone.

lauriej, I don't think we can carry direct quotes from FB, particularly one that is private or no longer active. In addition the use of the "n" word being used in those comments could be offensive to some posters. I don't want you to get chastised by mods, you have been throwing some really good links ;)

ETA NOTE TO vlpate!

The FB comments that lauriej posted can be located in Amandareckonwith's archives and I just noticed the comment RB made about the friend who got him the job and the friend's mama being the apt mgr. So at least now we do know that he was acquainted with his roommate before moving there and the roommate/friend are one and the same.

Also, I think "own apartment" can mean not living with his mommy any more, rather than living alone.

And I think him saying 1200 and free rent might be more like free rent as in living in the apt. with his friend, the mgr's son, and then minimum wages.

A good time to thank all our mods, who work so hard to make this the best site on the net. :wave: at ynotdivein

I agree that this does not look like a hate crime, and the "n" word usage IMO does not reflect racism, but when used by a non-african american, it sure does imply ignorance. If the black community chooses to reclaim that word and use it, that is their choice, but when caucasian and other non-black young people use it, IMO it shows insensitivity and ignorance.
The comment on SP's facebook that I do consider racist would be his post that RB shouldn't have taken that "mexican job". What that shows ME PERSONALLY is that RB's family was, if not racist, at least they considered other ethnic groups as below them. This attitude in a family may not motivate a "hate crime", but it might make someone more likely to pick a victim that is in an ethnic group that they deem "inferior" or "less of a person."
If my SN didn't give it away, obviously my family is latino, so that line from FB was offensive to me.

All my opinion as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member